!12rtyhaszs ("Arty Haze" "Artemis Haze" "Artemis Haze the 12th" "12" "Arthur")The protagonist of Twitch Plays Pokémon Omega Ruby who moved to Hoenn from his home region of Johto. He chose Torchic as his starter.
- Adorkable: Soda chugging, cable riding, cute Pokémon gathering little dork.
- Affectionate Nickname: If his full name is Artemis or Arthur, then Arty or Art.
- Ambiguously Human: Some interpret that he's a robot because of how much he uses the Dowsing machine.
- As Long as It Sounds Foreign: For a kid from Johto, his name definitely doesn't come from there.
- "Awesome McCool" Name: Artemis Haze may be the coolest name for a protagonist yet.
- Character Tic: Checking the berry pocket of his bag and buying lots of soda pop.
- Cuteness Proximity: He seems to pick up a lot of cute Pokemon. Heck, he even entered Raquayza in a Cuteness contest and won. Man knows how to make things adorable.
- Famous Ancestor: Is a direct descendant of Camilla A. Slash and Brendan in one interpretation.
- Generation Xerox: If his grandparents are in fact Camilla A. Slash and Brendan Birch. He takes a Torchic as his starter like Camilla, which gets released at some point (and thus carries on the time honored tradition of releasing fire starters). He's also very energetic and rides in cable cars as much as his grandmother did. More importantly, he gets an Azumarill with a 4 in its name which basically becomes a mainstay in his team. And like his grandfather Brendan, he tends to flock towards cute Pokemon. However, instead of trying to hide it like Brendan did, Arty embraces it.
- Identical Grandson: If one interpretation is to be taken, then it's truer than true. His grandfather is Brendan Birch there. And since Artemis shares the revamped design of Brendan...
- Keet: He's hyperactive and buys tons of soda pop, which makes him even more hyper.
- Nice Guy: One of the most concrete examples of the protagonists in Season 1.
- Only Sane Man: Tends to get portrayed as more "down to earth" than previous TPP protagonists, despite his Keet characterization, and actually enjoys the voices company without the justification that he was already crazy / insane to begin with.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Unabashedly loves cute Pokemon and actively participates in Pokemon Contests.
- Ship Tease: Has some with May Birch. The end of HedgemazeExpo's version of the lore even has her kiss him on the cheek!
- Robot Antennae: Is often depicted with these in fanart due to the usage of the Dowsing Machine.
- Sweet Tooth: If all of that soda consumption is any indicator.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Soda.
- The Unpronounceable: As with many Twitch Plays Pokémon names. However, this is the first name to include both numbers and punctuation marks.
May Birch ("A")Daughter of Professor Birch and the main rival of the game.
- Like Mother Like Daughter: In one interpretation, she not only looks like her grandmother May, but also falls in love with a boy that looks strikingly similar to Orlando Birch, who is possibly her grandfather.
- Identical Grandson: If her grandmother is May.
- Generation Xerox: If the family tree is to be taken as canon. She, like Brendan and May before her, is the offspring of a Pokemon researcher.
- The Rival
WallyAn ill child that !12rtyhaszs' father gives a Ralts to.
- Character Development: Goes from being a shy young lad to a more confident person over the course of the game.
- Cloning Blues: Like Arty, people are speculating that he's a clone of Bill.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Becomes Arty's rival only after being beaten in Mauville.
- Teleportation: Uses Ralts to warp Arty to Mauville after beating Norman.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Green, actually.
Team Magma ("Team IGN")
Returning from Emerald is Team Magma, the eco-terrorists clad in red who desire a world with more land. Unlike their Emerald counterparts, instead of viewing that the world would benefit from more land, they believe that the world is covered in too much water and now wish to wipe it from the face of the planet.
MaxieThe leader of Team Magma. He's gotten a new pair of glasses since Emerald, which let him use Mega Evolution.
CourtneyA Magma admin who's a former scientist, and is very ruthless. The Mob has speculated she's related to Fennel.
- Perverse Sexual Lust: The mob wants to smell her bed sheets.
- Yandere: Towards Maxie. Needless to say, she does NOT take his defeat and resignation well.
TabithaMaxie's right-hand man and the other Admin of Team Magma.
!12rtyhaszs's Team ("The Bunny Mafia")
- Shock and Awe: Artemis really likes Electric-types, as he's owned Cosplaychu, two Electrike, and a Minun.
ZigzagoonyA Linoone. Shares its name with a Zigzagoon that was later released.
♀2e!0yy5ee2y the Minun ("Feminun")A Minun caught during the 18th hour to fill space in the party.
Whismur v the Exploud ("Whismur the Fifth", "King Whismur V")An Exploud who is apparently fifth in his lineage.
!t44444'''tu the Azumarill ("T4")A female Marill caught to help expand the party. It later evolved into Azumarill. Unlike M4 from Emerald, T4 is part Fairy-type.
- Contrasting Sequel Main Character: Personality wise, she's everything M4 isn't. What's odd is that this Marill is friendly but has Huge Power, while the other was a warrior but had Thick Fat.
- Girly Bruiser: A Fairy-type with Huge Power. In contrast to Emerald's M4 who was a toughened up battle commander, this Azumarill is much more friendly and sweet, but still a strong carry.
- The Heart: Similar to Girly Bruiser, a genuinely nice Pokemon because she missed Slaughterday. Has no reason to be a cynic.
- History Repeats: Became the first level 100 in the team, and was consistently the highest leveled pokemon in the party, similar to Emerald M4.
- Super Strength: Has the ability Huge Power, making it twice as strong as the average Mon.
- Theme Naming: The previous Azumarill to feature in TPP was called M4, and this one is called T4. Apparently, the number 4 runs in the family.
'strssss2stt the Rayquaza ("Lord Rayquaza", "Star-Lord", "Lord Stress", "Dragon Jesus", "God of the Stratosphere")A Rayquaza caught during delta Story, and became the only mon to mega evolve in the OR run.
- Balance Between Good and Evil: Seen as having a connection to Lord Amber, possibly even being its originator.
- Best Served Cold: After being defeated by Deoxys in the Delta Episode in his Mega Form, he fought it once again at the top of Sky Pillar and killed it with a single Dragon Ascent. In his normal form.
- Crystal Dragon Jesus: The Draconids worship him as a messianic figure, in much the same way the Mob does with the Fossil Pantheon.
- Olympus Mons
- Put on a Bus: Was traded away for a Shiny Archeops.
- True Beauty Is on the Inside: Invoked. Due to the massive amounts of feeding Rayquaza Pokéblocks (mainly Cool and a couple of Beauty ones), he was able to achieve up to Master rank Beauty, though this may've been due to his moveset (Dragon Ascent and Dragon Pulse) as well.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Somewhat. Other than the name, the only thing that indicates this is his move Outrage, as well as his general role (Being forced to stop disputes between Kyogre and Groudon and stuff like Deoxys over and over), "Played for Laughs" here◊
- Extra-ore-dinary: Steel Wing was practically its signature move; see below.
- Psychic Powers: Deleted Recover for Telekinesis.
- Deleted Steel Wing for Psychic during the second battle with Wally.
- Screw Destiny: Despite the fact he was Wonder Traded away, he was still able to return with the use of the Eon Flute, making him one of the most powerful Pokémon in the lore of Twitch Plays Pokemon, being able to return on its own after being removed from the game.
6 ("Kenya", "Primal Kenya", "Kenya the 6th", "Gen VI Kenya")The cover legendary, Groudon is the target of Team Magma, who seek to use his power to expand the landmass and create new environments for people and Pokemon to live. Groudon's Primal Reversion causes the intense sunlight weather condition and nullifies all Water-type attacks. Believed by many to be Kenya, the mail-delivering water-absorbent Groudon from Twitch Plays Pokémon HeartGold. While the mob tried to catch it in the Master Ball, they accidentally caught it in an Ultra Ball instead.
- The Bus Came Back: If you believe that the Groudon in the run is "Kenya" from HeartGold.
- No-Sell: Kenya's Primal Reversion allows him to completely nullify water attacks, and his Ground typing completely shuts down all Electric-type attacks, which may make Arty's battle against him quite difficult.
- Olympus Mons
- You Are Number 6/Meaningful Name: Interestingly enough it's the sixth Groudon encountered in TPP, and the first Groudon encountered during Generation VI. The first five were from the Conquest intermission, the Emerald run, the Mystery Dungeon intermission, Kenya proper from the Heartgold run, and the Groudon caught in the Masterball in Black 2.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The 3rd, 4th, and 5th Groudons were encountered in Gens III, IV, and V respectively.
!!uuju8iyuuu ("Master Azelf")An Azelf caught with the Master Ball.
uu67 eeA Poochyena captured shortly after Seedot.
Seedot ("Joe Biden")A Seedot captured early in the run.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed Given the nickname for its use of Bide.
♀5tzou5uj tt ("Zou")A Zigzagoon caught by Mr. Briney's cottage.
- Gender Bender: Averted, it is in fact female.
!("Exclamachu", "Cosplaychu", "Rockachu", "Weeachu", "False Prophet 2.0")The Cosplay Pikachu obtained at the Slateport City contest hall.
- Apple of Discord: Attempts to get it out of the PC are the result of more deposits/releases than Satanbat sacrifices. It's gotten to the point where people are proclaiming it 'False Prophet 2.0'.
- Call-Back: She's a female Pikachu whose name is a single punctuation mark, who crossdresses and is blamed for the releases of other Pokemon. Apostrachu would be proud.
- Cosplay Otaku Girl: Seems to be the general idea of her character, as interpreted from her cosplay gimmick, and the fact that she's female.
- Crossdresser: A Cosplay Otaku Girl wearing a biker punk outfit.
- Undying Loyalty: Is considered to be a faithful servant of Satanbat.
"Bird Satan", "Bird Cop"A Wingull caught while on route to the next town. Thought to be the reincarnation / undead Bird Cop
- Deal with the Devil: One interpretation is that it's the original Bird Cop, who made a deal with Satanbat to be revived if it swore it's loyalty to him.
115urrttivvb ("115," "Zapdoge," "Urtive,")A Electrike caught to help expand the party.
rb and wA male and female Electrike.
!!!!! Uuuu the MinunA Minun captured on Route 110.
Gulpin (f7666 g and Gulaafrt 3)A pair of Gulpin.
Nincad the NincadaA Nincada caught in Rusturf Tunnel.
Skitty (Unnamed Male, Skitt, Skittyyyusrw and Qttttt)A quartet of Skitty.
Whismur 9!666A Whismur.
Zigzagoon (Zigzagoon!!d, !yu4,♢*2 and Zangooseet 88)A trio of Zigzagoon. Zangooseet 88 is TPP's 1000th overall Pokemon.
Beldum ("Lloyd", Dekku, "TPP Security Camera", "The Eye of the Streamer")A shiny Beldum obtained early in the game via Mystery Gift. Proved to be a valuable asset... Until the mob accidently deposited him and then accidentally released him while trying to get him back out.
- Big Brother Is Watching: The streamer (Twitchplayspokemon) referred to it as a security camera in the stream chat. Consequently, The Mob now interprets it as his watchful eye. No longer watching since it's been released, though.
- The Bus Came Back: Interpreted to be Lloyd's Shiny Beldum from Twitch Plays Pokémon X.
- Bus Crash: If the lore should perceive this Beldum to be a different entity entirely.
- The Crash was confirmed after lore made Beldum into a security camera for the Streamer.
- Then the bus crashed for real when Beldum was released.
- Bus Crash: If the lore should perceive this Beldum to be a different entity entirely.
AWWW!2288sthe WurmpleA Wurmple caught on Route 104. The first Pokemon to go to the PC. Released without ever entering a battle.
622mmmmqqcyy ("Mercury")A male Zigzagoon caught to finish the initial party.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: His presence on the party necessitated a PC shuffle, as the party had no surfer, diver, or waterfall-user.
!sssssssarfa5 ("Sarfa", "Mega Ultra Chicken", "Scarface", "Sacrifice")A male Torchic, and the starter Pokemon for this run. Evolved into Combusken in Rusturf Tunnel, after defeating a Team Magma grunt.
- As Long as It Sounds Foreign: Turns out that the "Sarfa" nickname is actually a Bus Company in Spain.
- History Repeats: The stream envokes this by picking Torchic again- this time, it is met with mixed emotions. And just like Zexy, sarfa was released.
66666r ("Satanbat", "Devilbat", "Belzubat")A male Zubat caught in Granite cave while the chat was trying to get Combusken and/or Beldum out of the PC.
- Devil in Plain Sight
- Human Sacrifice: Joked that Conbusken and Beldum were PC sacrifices to catch it. Increased even more when Beldum was released, and now people are claiming Combusken was also a release/sacrifice to it, on top of any less notable 'mons that were released also in the process.
- Not Evil, Just Misunderstood: A sect of the playerbase considers Satanbat to be just a Zubat with a bad taste in numbers.
- Number of the Beast
- Token Evil Teammate: Responsible for the releases/sacrifices of several Pokémon, Beldum and Combusken among them. Despite this, he seems to be forming his own Religion of Evil with the chat.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Became a victim of the PC in the end.
Yuukt22y!ipp the Whismur ("Yuki")A Whismur caught on Route 116. Though it hasn't done much in the run, it has the distinction of being one of the two longest-surviving Party members. Then they got released.
/jujioook0 the Oddish ("Goddish", "Juju")An Oddish caught as part of a mass catching spree in the 18th hour of the run.
- Down to the Last Play: Pulls one off after being sent out against Wattson. Ending in a clutch Mega Drain with 2 health left, while confused. This was after earlier forgetting Absorb and being declared useless against Wattson.
- Not Allowed to Grow Up
- Shoot the Shaggy Dog: Juju's first chance to evolve occurred shortly before being forced into an endless battle with a trainer's Budew that had to end in one side struggling. After thirty minutes, Budew struggled to death, and Juju finally started evolving... only to be stopped by the (previously unknown) lack of a forced-evolution system. Just to add insult to injury, he then fainted in the very next battle and wiped out the team back to Mauville City.
Zigzagoony the ZigzagoonA Zigzagoon which was immediately sent to the PC upon being caught. It was released shortly after.
- Name's the Same: In-universe. He shared his name with a Linoone in !12rtyhaszs' party.
w6aa:nn5ekkk ("w6," "Thunderdoge," "Big Zapdoge")An Electrike caught to help expand the party, it later evolved into Manectric. It was eventually chosen to be replaced by Rayquaza in the party. After Wi-Fi was enabled, then when there were about four hours left in the stream, it was released.
- Switchout Move: Shared Volt attack with Feminun, used as a general tactic during E4 runs.
- Tear Jerker: Oh boy....:
- Is seperated from her brother by the introduction of Latios in the party, leaves the team she was on to go back into the PC(but with her Brother), then Urtiv is traded and she is Released near the end of the Postgame.
- Put on a Bus: During delta Story, she was replaced with Rayquaza.
- Bus Crash: Released during the Wifi postgame. Subverted as there are two saves for OR, one After first E4 defeat, and one after the rematch, meaning she still can live.
- Shock and Awe: Knows Thunderbolt and Voltswitch. Used to know Thunder Fang.
- Playing with Fire: Knows Flamethrower.
Ho-Oh ("Rainbow Jesus")
A Legendary Pokemon known as the "Guardian of the Skies". It appeared from a strange hyperspace portal, and was challenged by Artemis. It soundly defeated his team with its divine Punishment. Upon rematch, it was caught in a Great Ball and given the nickname "!4rf800r2iiu".
Deoxys ("Illuminati Alien")
An alien-like Pokemon who emerged from the meteor that Mega Rayquaza destroyed. The two clashed, but in the end, Deoxys achieved victory and sent both Rayquaza and Artemis plummeting back to the earth. In a rematch on Sky Pillar, however, it was killed by Rayquaza in revenge.
Reshiram ("Blue-Eyes White Dragon")
Reappearing from Black is Reshiram, the White Dragon of Truth. It appeared in a Hyperspace portal within the Fabled Cave. It let out a mournful cry as it died at the hands of Rayquaza.