The characters of Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis.
Protagonist of Knight of Lodis. A young knight from the Felis region of Lodis, assigned to the Order of the Sacred Flame. He leaves Lodis with his friend and commander, Rictor Lasanti, for the island of Ovis.
- Distressed Dude: Is captured by Nichart early on and chained to wall to interrogate.
- Kid Hero: Only fifteen.
- Knight in Shining Armor: Eleanor views him as one.
- The Lancer: To Rictor, initially.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: His battle sprite has blue hair. Despite this, his portrait has black hair. The distinctive shade also hints that he is in fact a young Lanselot Tartaros.
A young, orphaned girl living at a church on Solea beach. She finds Alphonse washed up on the shore and saves his life. Alphonse later returns to her to gain information on mermaids. He would later save her life from northern troops, who likewise had come for information on the mermaids. She accompanies him from then on, and the two become lovers.
- Blessed with Suck: Her pearl necklace, which has the power to protect her. Unfortunately, it's rather overzealous about it and it's power kills a bully, which ends with her being driven out of her hometown. She ends up at the Solea church.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Appears to be completely unimportant, until a one-off line of her's about a mermaid becomes the main plot point.
- Kid Hero: Her age isn't stated, but she's clearly younger than Alphonse.
- Orphan's Plot Trinket: Her pearl necklace.
- Rescue Romance: Interesting case. She initially saves Alphonse after finding him washed up on a beach. He later saves her from being kidnapped.
- Sympathy for the Devil: Despite all the misery and death Shaher's actions have caused, she can't bring herself to hate him but ultimately pities and even FORGIVES him, saying she understands how lonely and hurt he was at believing God turned his back on him. It makes her death all the more of an emotional sucker punch.
A former knight of Ranaculus and the niece of Lord Naris.
- Combat Medic: Comes equipped with the "Heal" spell.
- Mystical White Hair: Has silver hair, similar to her aunt who is the ruler of Ranaculus.
- Red Is Heroic: Wears a red armor and is a heroine.
- Royal Rapier: Although she prefers to use swords.
- Younger Than They Look: He silverish hair can also be seen as grayish.
A agent of the Hand of Pope, an organization that wishes to return political power to the pope of Lodis. She saves Alphonse's life at Formido, and contracts his services for her cause after that. After his debt is repaid, he chooses to continue serving the Hand.
- All Love Is Unrequited: Does not reciprocate Shiven's love for her, and Alphonse does not reciprocate her love for him.
- Blow You Away: Her element is wind and she can summon Thunderbird.
- Green-Eyed Monster: B Path.
- Hair Flip: Does this before speaking in nearly every cutscene.
- Heroic Sacrifice: In the non-canon B Path, she does this for Eleanor, preventing her own Heroic Sacrifice for Alphonse.
- Improbable Weapon User: Fans, though she can just as easily wields staves.
- Love Makes You Evil: In the non-canon B Path, she willingly becomes possessed by Shaher in order to kill Alphonse, revealing that she was jealous of his relationship with Eleanor.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: Reveals in the B Path ending that she is Eleanor's biological sister.
- Ms. Fanservice: Judging by her official artwork.
- Summon Magic: Thunderbird, the wind spirit.
A ninja and the right-hand man of Cybil.
- Katanas Are Just Better: As a ninja, katanas are his primary weapons.
- Ninja: His class.
- Number Two: He is Cybil's right-hand man.
The son of the Duke of Felis and a friend of Alphonse's. He is sent to Ovis under the guise of solving it's political turmoil, when in reality it is a power play by his father.
- Big Brother Mentor: To Alphonse.
- Combat Medic: Though proficient in melee combat, he can also wield healing spells.
- Defeat Means Friendship: In the B Path.
- Demonic Possession: By Shaher.
- Disc-One Final Boss: A Path.
- Fighting from the Inside: After his defeat, he fights from within and commits suicide to free himself.
- "I Know You Are in There Somewhere" Fight
- The Lancer: Alphonse is initially this to him, and he becomes this to Alphonse in the non-canon B Path.
- Royal Rapier: Is the son of a duke and wields a rapier, as seen in his artwork.
- Summon Magic: Ignis Faatus, the...flying squirrel virtue spirit.
An archer sent with Rictor to Ovis. Acts an adviser and mentor to both Rictor and Alphonse.
- Archer Archetype: An wise and skilled archer that serves as a mentor to Alphonse.
- It Has Been an Honor: After the battle with him in A Path, he and an Alphonse both acknowledge the other as a Worthy Opponent.
- Mentor Archetype: Serves as one to Alphonse and Rictor.
The self-proclaimed strongest mermaid on Ovis. Harbors a grudge against humans for events in the past history of Ovis.
- Blade on a Stick: Uses a lance in combat.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Joins the party after being defeated.
- Our Mermaids Are Different: Despite being a mermaid, Aerial armor similar to humans and wields a silver lance in combat.
- Poor Communication Kills: Under the impression that Alphonse injured another mermaid named Minerva, she attacks you. She never gives Alphonse the chance to explain himself, as he had actually saved said mermaid from an attack by Rictor's forces. Due to this, up to seven of her comrades end up dead.
- However; this is different in the "B" path where the previous map has Minerva as the boss and can either be killed or reduced to a low health level and escape. So maybe she has a point for assuming you're dangerous. (Granted, Minerva was the one who attacked you, but she's not telling that.)
A necromancer obsessed with reviving his dead wife. He successfully calls her spirit back, which possessed their daughter. He exiles himself to an abandoned fort, and will join your party if you defeat him.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Joins the party after being defeated.
- Golem: Can summon miniature versions to attack enemies.
- Making a Splash: Overlaps with An Ice Person. Elrik's element is water and he can summon a water spirit.
- Nec Romantic: Wishes to revive his dead wife using dark magic.
- Necromancer: His backstory, though his actual class is "Summoner".
- Poor Communication Kills: When he's confronted by Euphaire, he assumes that she's still possessed by her dead mother's soul, and is willing to kill her so that both can rest in peace. Euphaire does nothing to dispel this, and depending on how the battle goes, up to seven of Elrik's comrades end up dead.
- Summon Magic: Fenrir, the water wolf spirit.
Elrik's daughter. She attacks you at Blete while under the possession of her mother's soul. Defeating her will put the spirit the rest, and she'll join you out of gratitude.
- Cast from Hit Points: Her energy transfer ability essentially allows other characters to cast from her hit points.
- Playing with Fire: Euphaire's element is fire and she can summon Salamander.
- Summon Magic: Salamander, the fire spirit.
Glycinia and Lubina
Twin fairies. The latter runs away, and the former spends her time trying to find her, before being assaulted by enemies.
- Combination Attack: When both are in the same battle and on adjacent spaces, they can launch one.
- Master of Disguise: Lubina disguises herself as a gremlin to hide from Glycinia.
- Projectile Spell: Their aforementioned combination attack is a magic missile.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Lubina is red, Glycinia is blue.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: They have purple hair.
A lesser minion of the netherworld. He comes to the human world in order to find strong opponents to fight. Upon his defeat, he offers his services to Alphonse so he can find more strong opponents to fight. However, he will not join the party if Lobelia is in it.
- An Axe to Grind: Wields an axe in combat.
- Blood Knight: Saia loves to fight and wishes for worth opponents.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Joins the party after being defeated (unless if you recruited Lobelia beforehand).
- Mutually Exclusive Party Members: You can't have both he and Lobelia in the same party.
- Optional Party Member: Recruiting him is optional.
- Winged Humanoid: Has green bat-like wings.
An angel knight sent by God to assist Alphonse in his mission against Shaher. Will not join the party if Saia is in it.
- Mutually Exclusive Party Members: Won't join the group if Saia has been recruited.
- Optional Party Member: Recruiting her is not necessary to beat the game.
- Our Angels Are Different: She is similar to the biblical description of angels.
- Royal Rapier: Her weapon of choice.
- Winged Humanoid: Being an angel, Lobelia has angel wings.
- Recurring Character: She also appeared in the other games from the series.
Lord of Ranaculus, the northern region of Ovis. Allies himself with Rictor while plotting against him.
- Bad Boss: Upon gaining powers from Shaher, he tests them by randomly killing a nearby Mook.
- Cain and Abel: Killed his brother to become lord of Ovis.
- Deal with the Devil: Actively seeks this out with Shaher.
- One-Hit Kill: His "Hell's Gate" attack has a chance of doing this.
- Villain with Good Publicity: The public is in the dark about his murder of his brother.
Naris' former right-hand man and esquire of Ranaculus.
- Blade on a Stick: Fights with a halberd.
- The Dragon: Formerly this to Naris, before Cirvante and Lethe entered the picture.
Margret is the best swordmaster in Ranaculus and Ivanna's mentor.
Cirvante and Lethe
Naris' advisers, who are secretly agents of Shaher.
- Black Magic: Cirvante's "Fiend's Grip" spell.
- Blow You Away: Lethe's wind spells.
- Co-Dragons: To Naris and Shaher.
- Mook Maker: Cirvante can summon Undead and Gremlins to replace fallen allies.
- Pink Girl, Blue Boy: Downplayed. Lethe wears pink shoes, and Cirvante has blue socks and blue hat.
- Royal Rapier: Lethe in her true form.
- Squishy Wizard: Surprisingly averted. Both are quite durable in their initial forms. They actually have lower defenses in their true forms, despite those forms being physical classes.
- Truth Serums: Lethe uses one to interrogate Alphonse after his capture by Nichart.
An angel fallen from grace, sealed by God in a sheet of ice in the northwest area of Ovis. Seeks revenge on God. He fell when he started a revolution in the legendary Ogre Battle in an attempt to draw God's attention.
- An Ice Person: Has one spell in his initial form that involves freezing.
- Cool Sword: The Anbicion, which is wielded by Tartaros in Let Us Cling Together.
- Deal with the Devil: Attempted with Rictor, who turns him down, resulting in the below. Successfully executed with Naris.
- Demonic Possession: Over Rictor, briefly. Cybil in the non-canon B Path.
- Good Wings, Evil Wings: Hybrid wings. A feathery white angel wing, and a demonic leathery bat wing.
- Just Between You and Me: Subverted. Refuses to explain himself even after Alphonse specifically asks him to.
- Mook Maker: Can Summon more allies to replace fallen ones in both his forms.
- Rage Against the Heavens: Not the cause of his fall, but his reaction to the fall.
- Religious and Mythological Theme Naming: Shaher is a reference to "Helel ben Shahar": Shining One, Son of Morning; as in, another name for Lucifer.
- Satanic Archetype: Shaher is a Fallen Angel who rebelled against God and was cast away from Heaven.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Sealed in the nothern Ovis.
- Shapeshifting: Takes the former of Ivanna's younger sister, who was Rictor's Love Interest.