These are the characters that belong to the OC guild Serpent's Heart. The guild's philosophy is all about giving people a second chance as many of the members are implied to have a dark history that they're not proud of and are looking for redemption. Others seem to have grown up in the very forest that the guild owns the property of.
A strawberry blonde who can use precognition magic almost identical to how the Monado works. She is also a master of her self-invented fighting style the Courel Fist.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: Almost. She fights wearing gauntlets on her arms.
- Chainmail Bikini: Going by the description of her appearance, her only piece of armour covers her breasts (Meaning the rest of her upper body is exposed), and the only other clothes she wears is a ripped skirt and stockings with a vine pattern. Justified in that it provides better movement of her legs.
- Only Sane Man: Between Flare, Henry and Shura, she's this by default.
- Shout-Out: Her powers almost certainly reference the Monado.
A former member of the Fairy Tail hating guild Raven Tail. Flare appears unchanged from canon. The only major difference is the fact that Raven Tail is made defunct in X788, three years before she would face Lucy in canon.
- Artificial Human: In chapter 245, Sol Corona, Flare's adoptive father, reveals to Nessa that she's a former demon of Zeref reborn as a human by Irene Berserion and Atlas Flame.
- Creepy Good: Like in canon she has her moments.
- Funbag Airbag: Orochi did this on purpose to knock her out during the Grand Magic Games using the last of his strength. Hibiki ran into her by complete accident and knocked her over with his head firmly between her chest.
- Gag Boobs: Twice now she's had people crash into her gigantic chest. Ultear even notes that her boobs are bigger than hers and Ultear's no Pettanko to say the least. When talking with Hibiki, Flare says she doesn't consider herself a lady and thinks she's still very much a girl. Hibiki has an internal remark that she clearly isn't such with a chest like hers.
- HeelFace Turn: Though in a much different fashion from canon. Lelouch, as Zero, puts down Raven Tail very violently, with Nessa's help, and Flare winds up being taken into Serpent's Heart as a result. She even fought for them during the X788 Grand Magic Games.
- Shrinking Violet: Flare is very shy given her isolated upbringing. The narration even describes that there's naive, there's sheltered and then there's Flare.
- Took a Level in Badass: In chapter 244 Atlas Flame makes her his avatar, and later transfers his remaining powers to her before fading completely.
- Blood Lust: He's not a bad guy. He just wants to throw fireballs at people.
- Don't Explain the Joke: Does this in regards to his electrifying pun to refer to the fact that Shura is a lightning mage. Miala tells him not to quit his day job.
- His bad jokes get so annoying that Shura electrocutes him to make him shut up.
- Eyes Always Shut: Just like his namesake.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: While he's considered a true member of the guild, his comments and bad jokes make people want to stay away from him.
- HeelFace Turn: He surrenders to Miala after it's clear he's out of his league and asks if he can join Serpent's Heart rather than going to prison.
- Heroic Comedic Sociopath: Absolutely.
- Mercy Kill: He will never let someone in pain continue to suffer. He'd rather put them out of their misery.
- Playing with Fire: He's a fire devil slayer, but he also knows a bit of dark magic.
- Raised by Wolves: This certainly hasn't changed, though his experiences seem to be much less tragic. Apparently his dad really cared about him.
Erza's best friend when she was a slave in the Tower of Heaven that later was brainwashed by Ultear and forced to do horrible things to his fellow slaves as part of completing the tower.
He becomes part of Serpent's Heart at the end of chapter 114 under the alias Zangetsu. After the Guild War not only he's cleared from his crimes, he rejoins the Ten Wizard Saints alongside Kagura and Erza.
- The Atoner: Intends to use what life he has as a free man to make up for all the crap he pulled in the Tower of Heaven, even though, strictly speaking, it wasn't exactly his fault.
- Berserk Button: He so did not take kindly to Midnight beating up Erza.
- Child by Rape: He is one. Except his mother is the actor not the victim.
- Elemental Powers: Thanks to the advice of his brother Skyler, he starts using the other elements more often, rather than depending on his heavenly magic.
- Faking Amnesia: Lelouch accuses him of this, but it turns out to be subverted.
- Fusion Dance: With Ultear during the Grand Magic Games to create Ullal.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: He always fights with his fists and even has his own style.
- Handicapped Badass: Downplayed. He's goes up against Midnight with only seventy percent of his maximum power. Considering the few smash hits he got on him, it's likely Midnight should be glad Jellal wasn't at full strength.
- Heroic BSoD: He did not take Erzas fate at the end of the Tenrou Island arc well, to say the least.
- Neither does he take well to find out that his mother, Margaret Fernandes, also known as Dark Lord Sabine, is one of the most notorious criminals in all of Fiore and does not give a damn about his worthless pathetic life.
- I Let You Win: When Kagura finally confronts him over Simon, she forces him to fight back. Jellal, not wanting to hurt her and having become The Atoner, decides he would be perfectly happy dying to Kagura's blade and only puts up token resistance.
- Man, I Feel Like a Woman: As a result of the aforementioned fusion dance, Ullal, is biologically female, despite Jellal having a Y-chromosome. As both Ultear and Jellal's consciousness swim about Ullal's head, the first thing Jellal does is grope their shared breasts. Ultear then takes control of the body and slaps their shared face, calling Jellal an asshole.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Upon seeing Ultear and knowing exactly who she is, Jellal lays into her only stopping when he realizes that it would contradict Fairy Tail's ideology and it would spit on Erza's memory.
- Trauma-Induced Amnesia: Temporarily had a case of Post Possession Repression Syndrome or PPRS. It then gets inverted when watching Erza get beat up triggered his Berserk Button and brought back his memory.
Meredy Diancia Feathermane.
A mage able to wield the magic Maguilty Sense, which can attack an opponent's direct sense of pain. While in canon Meredy is part of Crime Sorciere, an independent guild and is currently working alongside Jellal, pre time skip she was one of the Seven Kin of Purgatory. As of chapter 103, she and Ultear have officially left the guild. After a brief stint in Philosopher's Stone, she and Ultear have teamed up with Jellal.
She is Erza's 4th cousin and Nivea's second cousin twice removed.
She joins Serpent's Heart in chapter 114 with Ultear and Jellal. Since she isn't a wanted criminal, she isn't required to change her appearance and name.
- Big Damn Heroes: Rescues Ultear from Bosco Kulan's sexual assault.
- Bi the Way: It's established she became bi-curious from all of the "research material" Ultear gave her.
- Bridal Carry: She carries Ultear away from the Kulan Estate and outside the entire city this way.
- Butt-Monkey: See Corrupt the Cutie below. Meredy's only role in chapter 89 seems to be to be the butt of a Running Gag throughout the same chapter.
- Caught with Your Pants Down: Classic case. Meredy gets walked in on by Ultear when Ultear comes to return a book she borrowed from Meredy. Things get awkward fast!
- Corrupt the Cutie: Meredy walks in on three sexual situations and one case of Not What It Looks Like during the course of one chapter. it gets to her.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Meredy gets hit with this again from Juvia, except this time she couldn't even recover for long enough to link Juvia to Gray, resulting in her simply getting thrashed hard.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: She killed Bosco Kulan by using her magic to make him feel so much pain he died of shock. Kulan deserved it.
- Long-Lost Relative: To Erza and to Nivea.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: Meredy lays into Bosco for molesting Ultear in such frenzy that even after it's clear he's expired, she continues to attack his corpse.
- [Verb] This!: When Ushiora tells Meredy she finds emotions illogical, Meredy responds "Logic this!" and uses her Maguilty Rays to make her feel her pain.
Miala HauticlereA former lieutenant of the Rune Knights. She was kicked out of the knights when her pet dragon, Nippy, followed her to work, which was strictly against regulations. Now she works for Nessa as a means of putting food on the table for her and her little sister, Maria. While she's, strictly speaking, not a mage, she can gain magic abilities by syncing with Nippy in a very similar fashion to how dragon slayers first obtain their powers which eventually leads to her becoming a full-fledged plasma dragon slayer. She's also really good with a halberd
- An Axe to Grind: Her trusty halberd.
- Armor Is Useless: After becoming a true Dragon Slayer, she realizes her armor now interferes with her magic, so she takes it off, fighting bare-handed like the other slayers.
- By-the-Book Cop: In a similar vein to Suzaku, Miala is all about rules. Case in point, take a look at the scene when she removes her Power Limiter. Also, while Miala is strong enough to cause much wanton destruction, she holds herself back to get things done in an orderly fashion. How she stacks up to Suzaku's "The Law Is Absolute" mentality remains to be seen. In the Guild War arc she chooses to side with her guild than the council.
- Dragon Rider: Nippy has let her ride him more than once.
- Pre Ass Kicking One Liner: In chapter 243, one of the members of Sylph Labyrinth breaks Miala's halberd and asks her "What's a warrior without a weapon?" Miala's response? "A warrior still." She then proceeds to down him in one hit.
- Promoted to Parent: She bathes, feeds, picks up after and plays/trains with Nippy.
- Power Limiter: Her headband. When she takes it off, her physical strength is a match for Erza in her Heart Kreuz armor, if Natsu is to be believed.
- The Beastmaster: Miala has no set magic on her own so she siphons energy from Nippy to imbue herself with his magic. Nippy is also her trusted partner. At least until she becomes a plasma dragon slayer.
- The Stoic: Very much so.
- The Thing That Would Not Leave: How she views Nippy, but it's clear to Natsu that she does care about him.
- Subverted as of chapter 131. Miala seems to view Nippy like a son to her, even if he's something more akin to a pet.
- Took a Level in Badass: Not that she wasn't to begin with but in chapter 175 she becomes a true Dragon Slayer thanks to Nippy's training.
The guild master of Serpent's Heart. She is a first generation nature dragon slayer. She apparently is old friends with Makarov and has known Laxus all of his life after all she is his mother. She is also a former member of Fairy Tail.
Nessa was exiled from Fairy Tail after she nearly killed Ivan and was sent to prison as a result. She then kidnapped Laxus, but was found by her guild. After which, she was picked up by Serpent's Heart and met Kallen a year later in Elric.
- Action Mom: She's Laxus' mother.
- Berserk Button: Do NOT harm this woman's guild or her forest or you will deeply regret it.
- Chekhov's Skill: Inverted. The skill of being a nature dragon slayer is said to exist as early as chapter four. We just dont know Nessa has it until her first significant appearance.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Nessa appears in chapter three a long time before she becomes plot relevant during the course of the Edolas arc in the sixties.
- Green Thumb: As the nature dragon slayer she seems to combine wind, wood, dirt and leaves into her nature dragon roar.
- I'm Taking Her Home with Me!: When Nessa was a little girl, Gildarts' mom, Astrea Clive, had this reaction towards her when Nessa first arrived at Fairy Tail.
- Let's Get Dangerous!: She can go full on Dragon Force by eating enough of her element, which is nature. Which means that barring putting her in a large artificial facility, fight this woman and you're probably gonna die.
- Nature Is Not Nice: She has reminded us that, while mostly kind, she can be pretty brutal if the situation calls for it.
- Not So Above It All: Oh so you think Nessa is the serious one that could never ever ever embarrass her son Laxus the way Kasumi does to Kalina, right? You'd be wrong.
- Mama Bear: She certainly treats her guild this way and she certainly has no qualms about treating other people in a motherly fashion.
- She almost killed Ivan when he tried to kill Laxus and it's implied the only reason she stopped is because Gildarts stopped her.
- One Woman Army: Takes out all of Crow's Nest, minus their members that changed side to her guild, by herself.
- Secret Keeper: She became aware of Lelouch's identity when she asked him to help her kill Ivan.
- Shipper on Deck: Seems to be one for Lelouch/Kallen given an exchange that takes place during the Edolas arc.
- Their First Time: Hers was with Gildarts. Their relationship didn't last.
A baby plasma dragon (relatively speaking since he's seven years old when he's first introduced) that is Miala's pet and partner. He hatched shortly after the dragons disappeared.
- Badass Adorable: Two words: Baby Dragon.
- Big Little Brother: Technically, since he's much bigger than his human siblings Natsu and Alice.
- Fluffy the Terrible: Nippy isn't exactly a name that will strike fear into the hearts of others, but that doesn't make him any less of a threat Minerva found that out the hard way.
- Last of His Kind: He is most certainly the last living dragon not counting Acnologia.
- Meaningful Name: please defer to the textbook definition of Nip.
- Parental Abandonment: Not by choice given what actually became of the dragons, though one has to wonder who his parents are.
- Suddenly Voiced: His future self sure can talk, much to Miala's surprise.
- He finally manages to speak in chapter 243.
A dark-skinned gun mage. Her skill with guns is comparable to Bisca and Alzack's, but only in terms of accuracy. Ryumia's sheer skill and firepower trumps theirs since she's calmer under fire than Bisca and requires much less time to set up a shot. She also makes her own guns and ammo.
- BFG: The Divine Serpent Cannon and the Sion Mk. III are high-powered sniper rifles.
- Guns Akimbo: She is shown doing this with sub-machine guns.
- The Gunslinger: She's one for Serpent's Heart.
- Powered Armor: She uses one for the Grand Magic Games called Blackout Armor.
A Lightning Devil Slayer. She is apparently a Perpetual Frowner. She used to belong to Crow's Nest until Amilia convinced her to switch sides.
- Cannot Spit It Out: She can't express her feelings to Amilia even during the dragon attack.
- Perpetual Frowner
- Shock and Awe: Lighting Devil Slayer.
- Yandere: If Gajeel's remarks are any indication, she's developed this type of obsession with Amilia.
The daughter of Ur and the master of the lost magic Arc of Time. She is the former leader of the Seven Kin of Purgatory. Now she's an independent mage seeking redemption for her past sins. She briefly joins Philosopher's Stone only to later leave very abruptly and go solo with Meredy and eventually teams up with Jellal.
She becomes part of Serpent's Heart under the alias Zelda alongside Meredy and Jellal at the end of chapter 114.
- Armor-Piercing Slap: Delivers one to Sabine when Sabine offers to become her new mother. It's clear to Sabine that she hit a sore spot, so she doesn't retaliate.
- The Atoner: Her departure from Tenrou Island seems to suggest she intends to go on a journey of self-discovery much like Lelouch in order to find out the person she wants to be now that she's no longer a dark mage.
- Cool Big Sis: She eventually starts acting as one for Gray and much later for Lyon too.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Tries to stand up to a weakened Sindel, gets owned in one hit.
- Death Seeker: Briefly. When she thinks Meredy's dead and believes that Gray and Fairy Tail bit the big one, she loses all will to go on as Jellal beats the ever living stuffing out of her. She gets over it when Jellal stays his hand and when Meredy turns out to be alive.
- Determinator: Without spoiling anything, let's just say it's a lot harder, and life threatening, for Ultear to fix the Tenrou Tree this time.
- Even Evil Has Standards: She is thoroughly creeped out listening to Sabine recant how she made her son a slave. When Sabine even offers to fill the void of Ur by becoming Ultear's mother, Ultear slaps her across the face, disgusted.
- Fusion Dance: With Jellal during the Grand Magic Games to create Ullal.
- Master of Disguise: Her transformation powers come in handy far more than in canon.
- Rousing Speech: Gives one at the end of chapter 253 to all of Fiore to motivate them against Tartaros.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Not only she's nearly identical to her mother in appearance, her personality, once you get to know her, is also very similar.
A Nature God Slayer. She has green hair with orange and blonde highlights. She enjoys taking care of flowers. She's also pretty ruthless in combat.
- Green Thumb: In addition to being a nature god slayer, Vraska grows her own garden of exotic plants.
- Silly Rabbit, Idealism Is for Kids!: In regards to how Fairy Tail promotes the whole Thou Shalt Not Kill mentality. She gives a pretty scathing critique to Erza when Erza gives her a What the Hell, Hero? for trying to kill an already beaten opponent.
- Token Evil Teammate: Downplayed. She's certainly no Henry, but she already tried to usurp leadership from Nessa and she's not exactly the nicest person in the guild. She apparently killed the spirit inhabiting her body in order to get her god slayer powers. She's willing to finish off defeated enemies. And she thinks Erza is naive for not killing enemies.