This page contains tropes and spoilers applicable to the Magic Council members and employes and the Rune Knights members. For simplicity sake, these two organizations are grouped together along with the present Four Gods of Fiore.
A Major General of the Rune Knights known as The Mad Dog. She rose through the ranks from the Disciplinary and Criminal Execution Division of the Rune Knights, making her a specialist in hunting criminals. After the Guild War, she transfers to the Neo Black Knights.
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: Her scythe can cut through Gray's ice like nothing and when coated with Anti-Magic properties, it can injure even Juvia.
- Awesome, but Impractical: As Jenny points out, only the tip of her scythe is truly dangerous and is limited in close-range, but she doesn't mind that.
- Berserk Button: Sex trafficking angers her quite a lot.
- Blood Knight: She clearly enjoys the thrill of battle.
- Expy: of Arnet McMillan, all the way to her dislike for rich girls, like Lucy.
- Not So Different: As Lucy points out, they're both daughters of merchants that rose with their own efforts.
- Wake-Up Call Boss: She's the first Rune Knight that gives genuine trouble to Fairy Tail and Knightmare Frame.
- Weapon of Choice: A Sinister Scythe, fitting considering who she's based of.
A member of the Magic Council that is a Zeref demon in disguise, but one that has defected from her original designs and is trying to live amongst humans naturally. She is one of the 66 Brides of Zeref from the old folk fable. She was married to Travis Fateburn until his untimely demise at the hands of Dark Lord Sabine. Skyler is her son.
- Heroic BSoD: After Travis was raped before her very eyes, she was so traumatized that she never lifted a hand in violence ever again. At least until she reunites with Atarella.
- Mystical White Hair
- Our Demons Are Different: She was created by combining a snake with a demon's soul to create a lamia.
- Reverse Mole: After V.V. brainwashes the Magic Council, she reveals to Kallen that her own hypnotic powers make her immune to V.V.'s hypnosis.
- Snake People: While she is able to maintain a human form, she is actually a very powerful lamia.
- Tender Tears: Cries this way in chapter 213 when Phoenix Grave promises her to protect her son, and she realizes that Travis was right about humanity.
- Visible Silence: Tends to respond this way to avoid questions.
A colonel in the Rune Knights and a bit of a timid speaker at that. She wields guns and has a timid disposition when she's not wielding her weapons. Once she draws them though, your ass is grass.
- A-Cup Angst: She shoots Sherry in the boobs and figures to herself that she might've been working out some personal issues. Later when she faces Cornelia, she tells herself "It doesn't matter".
- Almighty Janitor: Downplayed example. While only a colonel, her speed and variety of bullets allow her to shoot down enemies above her weight class, but not enough to beat a guild master like Cornelia.
- Beware the Nice Ones: One of the nicest girls in the Rune Knights. Will destroy your ass with her two guns once she has them drawn.
- Bring My Brown Pants: Wishes she had them when Cornelia is about to unleash a Macross Missile Massacre in her direction.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Before the Rune Knights became relevant in the Guild War arc, Amber was one of only a few—aside from plot relevant Phelia—to be named as early as the Envoy From the Future arc.
- Fragile Speedster: While incredibly fast and agile, she can't take many direct hits.
- Guns Akimbo: Uses a pair of guns named Mukuro and Makoto.
- Oh, Crap!: Her reaction when realizing she's fighting Cornelia. And again when Cornelia is about to unleash a Plasma Cannon to her face.
- The Cutie: Even her superior wishes she had Amber's innocent outlook.
- The Gunslinger: Easily the fastest gun mage seen so far. She defeats Ryumia and had Alsack and Bisca against the ropes until Cornelia stepped in.
A lieutenant General of the Rune Knights. Has platinum blond hair and amber eyes. Like Jenny, he's a takeover Machina Soul mage.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: His Gearbuster allows him to do this, and once it enters its Conclusion Mode, all the learned data gives him the edge against his opponents.
- Clockwork Creature: His Takeover: Gearbuster looks like one.
- Form-Fitting Wardrobe: His uniform is described as tighter than average.
- Master Swordsman: You're doing something right when you can snap Kagura's weapons in half.
- This Is Gonna Suck: His reaction when Jura tells him he's gonna fight him.
Wizard Saint number 1, considered the strongest mage in Ishgar. He's a second generation Dragon Slayer with eight lachryma in his body. He's also a future member of the Spriggan Twelve. He's flamboyant and grandious.
- Adaptational Early Appearance: He's involved in the story much earlier than in canon.
- Affably Evil: His "lessons" to Lelouch and his congratulatory speech towards Kallen seem to be genuine. He also helps Lelouch in choosing a council member that isn't V.V. apparently for no gain for himself.
- Big Damn Heroes: Like many throughout the battle, during the Envoy of the Future arc he dramatically arrives to help against Mordred. Everyone angrily calls him out on arriving late.
- Blood Knight: He doesn't mind against whom he has to fight, as long as they're strong opponents like Juren Rakkan, the former holder of his title.
- The Casanova: Warrod and Wolfheim imply he is.
- Embarrassing First Name: Alice forces him to join the Dragon slayer clan by threatening to expose his real name: Francis.
- Embarrassing Middle Name: Not that Pennyworth is any better.
- Jaw Drop: Does this when Alice mentions his real name.
- Let's Get Dangerous!: When Rakkan unleashes his trump card, he goes Dragon Force.
Minister General of the Rune knights. While his position doesn't require a lot of power, since it involves mostly politics and public relations, his strength surpasses that of a General. He was chosen personally by Supreme Commander Hayabusa for his sense of justice after his predecessor was killed by Nocturnal Falcon.
- Badass Bureaucrat: He usually takes care of the internal and external affairs of the Rune knights while his fellow Generals lead the fighting, yet is stronger than the current four Generals.
- Badass Mustache
- Dual Wielding: Wields a golden spear and a gem-encrusted scimitar.
- Holier Than Thou: He sees himself as a chosen one by the goddess Morrigan. CC even calls him this and thinks he's crazy.
- Messy Hair
- Power Gives You Wings: Like Nivea Feathermane he can use the White Wings of Heaven.
The strongest of the current eight Lieutenant Generals of the Rune Knights and next in line to be General.
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: Wields an enchanted Orichalcum zweihander that can easily cut through magic attacks.
- Blood Knight: The fact that his sword and pants have dried blood means he's this.
- Defeat Means Friendship: After Natsu defeats him, he invites him to drink once things calm down.
- The Dreaded: While not their direct superior, Phelia's subordinates fear angering him.
- Power Limiter: While Phelia uses one, Keiga uses three, and takes them off to fight Natsu.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Has crimson eyes and is undoubtedly a dangerous opponent.
A lieutenant General of the Rune Knights, who wields a magical armor called Nexus Plate. She's on bad terms with her mother, councilor Esmie Jufendisimo, who considers her a disgrace. She's also the older sister of Nocturnal Falcon's member Sakura Menjou. She and Adrian transfer to the Neo Black Knights after the Guild War.
- Adaptive Ability: Nexus Plate becomes stronger with each battle.
- Archnemesis Mom: Considering who she's based on, its no surprise her mother Esmie is this.
- Daddy's Girl: While only implicit, her armor is a gift from her father and doesn't get along with her mother.
- Early-Bird Cameo: She first appeared in chapter 151 but didn't showed her capabilities until chapter 216.
- Four-Star Badass: She wouldn't be a Lieutenant General if she wasn't.
- Helmets Are Hardly Heroic: She doesn't bother to use one.
- Long-Lost Relative: Of Sakura Menjou.
- Multicolored Hair: She's described as having blue hair with streaks of red.
- Only Friend: She considers Phelia her only friend.
- Shock and Awe: After her fight with Laxus, her armor now shoots lightning.
- Spikes of Villainy: Her armor has many spikes.
Captain of the 4th division custody unit for the Rune Knights. He often acts as a go between when Kallen has dealings with the council ever since Lelouch's disappearance. He uses a Chain magic that allows him to restrain enemies. He transfers to the Neo Black Knights after the Guild War.
- Adjusting Your Glasses: Frequently when making a point in his many conversations with Kallen. Kallen lampshades this tendency during chapter 114 when he does it quite a bit.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Downplayed. When Kallen shows up to his office in formal wear after being sent for by a letter in the mail, it's described that Lahar is caught off guard and blushes.
- Loophole Abuse: According to him, every good soldier or politician will have to use at least one at some point in their career.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: When Phoenix Grave explains their suspicions about the council, he's quick to believe them and explains all the sections and rules that allow them to investigate.
One of the three new councilors recruited after the Guild War. Her magic is called Cheat-Code, and allows her to break down the formula of any caster magic she has prolonged contact with, like August from the Spriggan Twelve, although not as instantaneously. She's an apprentice of Wizard Saint Draculos Hyberion.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Falls asleep on her feet, but still skilled enough to be a member of the council.
- Logical Weakness: Any mage with a varied arsenal will give her trouble.
- Squishy Wizard: Described as not a fighter.
One of the three new councilors recruited after the Guild War. His magic is called Encryption Bullet and can shoot bullets from simply making his hand out like a gun, encoding it with knowledge or effects like burns and paralysis. He knows William and Niyoko from The Incident.
- Nice Guy: Like the character he's based on.
One of the three new councilors recruited after the Guild War. She's a former detective from Stella and was previously introduced to Lelouch by Teak. She becomes the lead councilor dealing with the Neo Black Knights.
- Badass Normal: In a way, since her magic is Archive, and unlike Hibiki, she can't use it to fight, so she uses her martial arts and an anti-magic gun.
- Great Detective: Is that supposed to be a surprise?
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Purple hair like the character she's based on.
A Lieutenant General in the Rune Knights. He only knows basic re-quip and other than that is good enough with a sword that people think he has some sort of ability, but in reality he's just really that good.
- Badass Normal: Swordsmanship skills aside, he's a normal human, and Lieutenant General regardless.
- Dual Wielding: He keeps another blade sheathed at his side and only uses it when he's really serious.
- Graceful Loser: He shows respect for Erza's conviction after being defeated by her.
- Master Swordsman: To the point that he gives Erza some trouble.
Chelia's older sister and Sherry's cousin. She is a Lieutenant General in the Rune Knights. As of chapter 259, she resigns from the Rune Knights and becomes the second Guild Master of Lamia Scale in lieu of Babaasama's death, in order to protect her family more closely.
- Berserk Button: Don't make her family cry or she will come after you and launch you into space.
- Boobs of Steel: She's the second strongest Lieutenant General and the highest ranking female on Fiore's Rune knights, so of course she has the bust size to match.
- Determinator: It definitely runs in the family. Even when her power is nearly out of control, having blood in her eyes and already having leveled three city blocks of Era, she refuses to back down, until Shimon points out she's not doing her job of protecting the people. Phelia then finally stops.
- Four-Star Badass: She knows crash magic
- Heroic RRoD: Overusing Crushing Strength: Extending the Will can make her one with the magic and disassemble her body to the very molecules, like it nearly happened when fighting Shimon.
- Hidden Depths: Turns out losing her family and having to take care of Sherry and Chelia weights heavily on her mind, and learned crash magic so she doesn't lose against a monster like Deliora again.
- Let's Get Dangerous!: When she uses her Crushing Strength: Extending the Will magic, a stronger version of enhancement magic, it means she's serious.
- Love Freak: True to Blendy form, Phelia has her own crush, her superior Senshiro.
- Person of Mass Destruction: Given how much trouble Gildarts has controlling it and Phelia is more than likely half his age, this is a given.
- Power Limiter: Like Miala, she wears one to suppress her strength since she's more powerful than the average Lieutenant General. She takes it off to fight Gildarts.
- Promotion to Parent: She has been taking care of her cousin and sister since her family was massacred by Deliora and joined the Rune Knights to get a steady income.
- You Remind Me of X: She reminds Gildarts of his mother Astraea.
- Agent Peacock: He's a Long-Haired Pretty Boy with Mystical White Hair wearing Guyliner, and a General nonetheless.
- Crazy-Prepared: Has wards in his outfit to protect himself from his opponents magics.
- Oh, Crap!: When he sees Nessa entering Dragon Force, looking pissed for injuring her son Laxus.
Fourth and strongest of the four Generals of the Rune Knights. He's also the father of the dark mage Ikaruga and next in line to become Grand General.
- Badass Cape: Has one fitting for a General.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: He utterly defeats Erza and would have arrested her if it wasn't because of C.C. He then gets utterly defeated by C.C., who humiliates him with every technique at her disposal.
- Four-Star Badass: The first General seen.
- Graceful Loser: When Erza defeats him during their second confrontation, he shows respect and understanding of Fairy Tail's conviction.
- I Have No Son!: He doesn't hold a grudge against Erza for defeating Ikaruga, since he was disappointed his daughter forgot her honor and became an assassin.
- Katanas Are Just Better: His katana Saigo Ryusei-gun is made from an unknown material that's no longer available in the mortal plane. It can cut through Erza's armors like paper.
- Master Swordsman: His skill makes Ikaruga's pale in comparison. He's also the mentor of Lieutenant Generals Peshkatz, Bolt and Keiga, and none has surpassed him in skill.
- Warrior Poet: Like father, like daughter.
- What Are You: His only thought before being defeated by C.C.
Senshiro IzanamiSecond of the four Generals of the Rune Knights and Phelia's direct superior.
- Berserk Button: Don't call him short or mock his boyish face.
- Bullying a Dragon: Almost literally. Him constantly insulting Knightmare Frame in front of Wendy nearly costs him his life.
- Chekhov's Gunman: First mentioned in chapter 151, but didn't appear in person until chapter 219.
- Eye Beams: Turns out he also knows Geass: Vision.
- Flash Step: Thanks to Geass: Speed.
- Invisibility: Becoming invisible is another one of his many skills.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: On the receiving end at the hands of Wendy's hunter persona. It's Wendy's healing what brings him back to the fight.
- No-Nonsense Nemesis: He doesn't engage in idle chatter and finishes his opponents as quickly as possible.
- Red Baron: Ninja General, and is not just because it sounds cool.
- Super Mode: He's the only Rune knight that has mastered the technique Soul Release, a Living Shadow that coats him in an armor made of a large portion of his magic.
- The Worf Effect: He's suddenly knocked out from behind by Nonette and doesn't get to do anything during the first battle of the Guild War. He shows what he's capable of in his fight against Wendy and Chelia.
- Your Mind Makes It Real: His Geass: Grand Illusion hurts his opponents this way, although he needs eye contact to work.
Siegfried KarnThe Grand General of the Rune Knights, and one of the few who's power matches the Wizard Saint number 1 God Serena. He's surprisingly a former member of Angel's Feather and student of Nivea Feathermane. Atarella challenged him in the past and couldn't defeat him even in Etherious form. She thinks he has long surpassed his late mentor and fears facing him again.
- The Ace: Of Fiore's Rune knights, since he's not only a master of sword magic, he also knows shield magic and can combine spells on the fly, not to mention his strongest spell has a power of 22,000 MPF.
- Ancestral Weapon: His armor, Falling Leaf Half-Dragon has been passed down to every Grand General of the Rune Knights, and it is said it was wielded by the first Dragon Slayer. It can turn into a scarlet and gold mode by calling the power of the original dragon slayer, Irene Berserion.
- Due to the Dead: After finishing his business with Fighting Spirit he asks Juren to indicate him the grave of his late mentor Nivea.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Doesn't like when Rakkan calls him Siggy.
- Four-Star Badass: He was a badass long before becoming Grand General, as Atarella can attest.
- Hero Antagonist: During the Guild War arc. Not only he's simply doing his job of upholding the law, he respects Kallen's conviction and agrees to listen to her if she manages to defeat him.
- Oh, Crap!: When Kallen transforms into a demonic dragon and his armor is rendered useless against her.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: He maybe the commander of the Rune Knights in Fiore, but he's rather personable and knows when his orders are suspicious.
- Super Mode: By channeling the Scarlet Mother his armor turns red and gold, becoming fast and strong enough to slice the arm of Kallen's Guren Seiten.
- Surpassed the Teacher: Atarella is convinced that he has surpassed Nivea a long ago.
First General of the Rune Knights. His position refers to the fact that he's the vanguard before a General takes the field, which puts him between a Lieutenant General and a General. He boasts that he has never fallen in combat.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: He doesn't particularly like fighting, but is mostly because most of his opponents tend to fall too easily.
- Cool Shades: Wears a pair of pink-clored ones that give him the MPF of his opponent.
- Frontline General: Its basically his job description.
- Guns Akimbo: See The Gunslinger below. He wields two of those.
- The Gunslinger: He wields a gun that looks more like a hunk of metal with a barrel and a trigger.
William Benjamin Basterbine
The new Chairman of the Magic Council after Gran Doma's resignation. Coming from the country of Stella after his family suffered a tragedy only known as The Incident, he brought back his family's fortune with his own efforts. Word of God indicates that his main magic is Thought Projection, and can have up to nine copies of himself at the same time. He also knows the basics of any caster magic.
- Alliterative Name: It would be if he liked being called Bill.
- Do Not Call Me "Paul": Doesn't like when Nigel calls him Bill.
- Head Desk: When he receives the damage fine from the Heartfilia Konzern: 8 Billion Jewel!!
The supreme commander of the Rune knights. His magic, like DiMaria Yesta is Takeover God Soul, in his case Takeover God Soul: Vajra.
- Always a Bigger Fish: Siegfried may command all Rune knights in the kingdom of Fiore, but Hayabusa commands all the Rune knights in the continent. Word of God says he has a spell of 30,000 MPF. Let that sink for a moment.
- The two highest attacks we have seen in action were Erza's, Fairy Queen's Judgment Rain, which clocked in at "16,000" and is her strongest attack, Kallen's Devastation Buster was "11,000". Hayabusa strongest attack is at least twice as powerful as anything that Fairy Tail's strongest woman and Knightmare Frame's, second strongest wizard could attack him with and is still stronger than anything those two can throw at him COMBINED!
- Authority Equals Asskicking: The epitome of this on the Rune knights.
- Chekhov's Gunman: He was first mentioned in chapter 164 and debuted in chapter 220.
- Let's Get Dangerous!: When Rakkan and Serena use their trump cards, he unleashes his; Vajra Soul: Final Limit.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous: Like the character he's based on, his magic gives him six extra arms.