open/close all folders
Nicole Anne Franzel (The Winner)
Nicole Anne Franzel (The Winner)
Born: Jun 30th, 1992 (age at time of competition: 24)
Hometown: Ubly, MI
Current City Of Residence: Ubly, MI
Occupation: ER Nurse
Number Of HOH Wins: 2 note
Number Of POV Wins: 2 note
Number Of Times Nominated: 2 note
Number Of Times As Have-Not: 2 note
Prizes/Punishments Taken: $2,500, Trip (POV Comp), America's Care Package #3 (Super Safetynote )
Team: Freakazoids (Nicole, Corey, Tiffany, Glenn)
Previous Season Appearance: Big Brother 16 (9th Place/1st Eviction; 7th Place/2nd Eviction)
Finished: 1st Place (WINNER)
Prize Money Earned: $500,000
Jury Votes Earned: WON 5-4 VS. PAUL note
- 1% Approval Rating: When Nicole came back onto the show, a lot of houseguests were rallying to get her out immediately as a returning player. Things got worse when she demonstrated a ruthless aspect she hadn't shown in her initial playing of the game and began to let the dark side engulf her game ethic and was basically turning into Christine Brecht in terms of personal and mean-spirited behavior. Her fans began to diminish and she developed a really unpopular and unlikable image with people. Only a select and devoted few stuck with her and praised her for playing the game tough, saving her from being completely disliked.
- Action Survivor/Action Girl: Nicole is somewhere between these two tropes. On her first season, Nicole was a very strong competitor and won numerous competitions, particularly HOH titles. She was regarded as the strongest female houseguest of Big Brother 16. However, this season, it is the complete opposite. Although she has won a few comps (so far, she has won 2 HOH titles and 1 POV title), she is nowhere near as competitive as she was on her original season. She actually seems like she is lazy on a comepetitive level and that she really did not do anything during the course of the game. To be frank, Nicole has come off as more of The Load this season as she has not really contributed to the game in terms of social game, strategy or competitiveness. Nicole has been pretty lackluster overall as a gameplayer.
- Adorkable/He Is Not My Boyfriend: Has some cute endearing moments with Corey which make her very distracted when around him, and unlike Hayden which was more one sided, this might actually work. She'll deny her showmance with Corey all she wants despite having an extremely obvious crush on him. However, this could be considered as a subverted now as Nicole has become very unlikeable and her cute persona might be just an act. She is actually more of a Bitch in Sheep's Clothing and she is shown to be very ruthless and manipulative this season. It is very questionable if Nicole was just pretending to be a sweet and cute Girl Next Door who was nice and friendly to everyone last season and if this side of her, which has shown to be very scheming, bitchy and maniulative, is the true Nicole. It seems as though Nicole has fallen out of favor with a large portion of the fans and audience and she seems to not be as popular as she was on her original season. She has also lost her charming and fun loving side that she displayed in her last season, which definitely has made her lose her popularity with the fans. And when she gains Super Safety, she adores the costume because of how cute and fun it is to wear.
- Affably Evil: Nicole seems like she would be a very sweet and friendly girl to everyone and she has appeared this way to mostly everyone's face. However, she is actually a Manipulative Bitch and a Bitch in Sheep's Clothing who has been doing nothing but scheming, lying, backstabbing and betraying others throughout the entire game when she was not shacking up with Corey in bed. For example, she pretended to be nice to Da'Vonne and Zakiyah to the face and even tried to say that she wanted to go far in the game with them but she was really plotting their (especially Da'Vonne) demise behind their backs and they were completely unaware of all the scheming and lying that Nicole was doing. In Week 9, Nicole made it seem like she was on cordial terms with both Victor and Paul but she went and told Natalie, James and Michelle a lie about Paul being after James and wanting to get him out of the house. Paul ended up calling Nicole out on her snake like and backstabbing behavior in front of the entire house, even calling her a snake to her face during an argument with her. Nicole may look like she would be friendly, but proceed with caution. She is very dangerous and she has had little to no issue with backstabbing people and throwing her allies to the wolves if it meant that it would benefit her, and by extension Corey's, game. Nicole has shown that she has definitely shed her Big Brother 16 persona and has morphed into a much more bitchy and manipulative version of her older self.
- Alpha Bitch: Nicole was originally seen as a Lovable Alpha Bitch, someone who seemed like they were a generally Nice Girl with an occassional catty and bitchy side from time to time. But it turns out that Nicole is actually a mega bitch and she is not all that sweet and kind as she appeared to be on her old season. Nicole seems to have revealed her true colors and what has been shown throughout the season is someone who is willing to lie without remorse, backstab people (namely her own allies), and scheme constantly. She also made it her main mission for all of the other girls in the house to be voted out so that she would be the last girl standing amongst a group of men. It is assumed that Nicole felt that if she were the last woman standing surrounded by a group of men that they would all perceive her as a weaker player and would want to drag her to the end as a result. Nicole is also a Clingy Jealous Girl and she is also very catty. She constantly talks trash about the other houseguests, but it seems that the main targets of her pettiness and her trash talk are other female houseguests. She seems to be very competitive with the other women, because she wants to fele like she is above them or better than them. Nicole also did not make any strong bonds or friendships with any of the female houseguests (such as Bridgette, Natalie, and Michelle) and even the female friendships that she did have for s short time (i.e. with Da'Vonne and Zakiyah), she ended up backstabbing them and betraying them in favor of choosing Corey. Nicole seems to fit the Type 2 personality of an Alpha Bitch. She is the type to appear Affably Evil and put on a friendly facade while talking trash and backstabbing someone in the process. She also comes off as The Ditz and a Dumb Blonde that has no idea what she is doing, but she may actually be a bit smarter than she lets on. All in all, Nicole is definitely a mean and catty girl and Nicole from her last season is like a completely different person from Nicole on this season.
- Ascended Fangirl: Nicole openly admits that she is a super fan of Big Brother. When Paul confronts Nicole about her knowing about the all guys alliance and actually being okay with being clipped by the boys, Nicole tells Paul that she is a fan of the game and she understands that is how it often works when all guys alliances get to the end and there is one girl standing. Nicole was probably thinking of Britney Haynes (from Big Brother 12) who was clipped by the three guys in The Brigade (Hayden, Enzo and Lane). Nicole may come off as The Ditz more often than not and she may not come off as the sharpest tool in the shed on a game level, but nobody can say that she doesn't understand the mechanics of Big Brother.
- Badass Adorable: She is not as competitive and active in the game as she was on her last season, but there are spades when she can be badass. Arguably, she seems to be the strongest female player this season. Nicole is also Fun Size and one of the smallest girls in the house (next to Natalie), so that adds to her endearing and adorable qualities. It could be argued that Nicole is one of the most dangerous players in the game, although most would not really see that because her cute persona throws people off and makes her less threatening.
- Battle Couple: Averted at first and later Played Straight. While Corey is shown to be more athletic and competitive and capable of winning competitions, Nicole is not as competitive as she was in her original season. Corey has won a total of 5 competitions (2 Head of Household's and 3 Power of Vetoes) while Nicole has only managed to win 1 Head of Household. One could assume that Nicole not being as competitive as she was on her original season may be strategic as she was targeted for being too strong of a competitor. This could now be considered played straight since together, Nicole and Corey have won a total of nine competitions as of Week 11. It seems that Corey and Nicole have gone on a comp win streak for the last few weeks in the game. It is clear that other than Victor and Paul, they are the strongest and most powerful duo in the house. How is it that nobody has been actively targetting them since the start?
- Became Their Own Antithesis: Nicole has repeatedly stated that she hates people who play a backstabbing, lying and sneaky game. On her original season, Nicole constantly expressed how much hated the fact that Christine, who was her closest ally, lied to her, betrayed her and backstabbed her. She had stated that she had no respect for Christine and the way that she played the game because she felt that Christine played very dirty and personal. However, Nicole has basically morphed into Christine this season with her constant lying, backstabbing and sneaking around. She is really no better than what she claims to hate and disrespect. She doesn't seem to realize that she has become more unlikeable in personality. Her popularity outside of the house has strongly dwindled and it is all thanks to the change in Nicole's gameplay and her personality. Many fans have made comparisons between Nicole of Season 16 and Nicole of Season 18. They feel that Nicole from her original season played a much cleaner game while they feel that Nicole this season is playing a much dirtier and scumbag game. Case in point, Nicole has become everything that she proclaims to hate: another Christine Brecht aka someone who is manipualtive, lying, backstabbing and sneaky.
- Big Bad: Shares this with Natalie, becoming the sole Big Bad when Natalie is evicted. The previous Big Bad's were first Paulie and then Natalie. Nicole has become the remaining "villain" of the season with Corey and James being The Dragon for her. Nicole is a Manipulative Bitch, a Bitch in Sheep's Clothing and an Alpha Bitch who is very scheming, backstabbing and conniving. Although it seemed as though Nicole was always going to be one of the good houseguests like she was on her original season (she was aligned with Donny, who was very popular with the audience and she was in the Top 3 of America's Fave Houseguest votes), she seems to have completely subverted this on this season. Instead, she has become much more like Christine Brecht from Big Brother 16, who was Nicole's main ally that had backstabbed and betrayed her for a boys club (The Detonators). Similarly to Christine, Nicole has made it her mission to get rid of all of the other female houseguests so that she would be the last girl standing and would be surrounded by a group of male houseguests. Nicole is also a Dirty Coward and someone who backstabs, lies and schemes yet she never seems to own her sneaky behavior or gameplay. Instead, she chooses to pretend that she is innocent and resort to playing rhe victim card. She has also personally attacked many of the houseguests and has definitely become more catty and bitchy than she was on her original season. Not to mention that Nicole has declined in popularity amongst the fans and she seems to have a near 0% Approval Rating with a large portion of the audience either disliking or strongly hating Nicole. Nicole could also be considered the Final Boss as she is the biggest threat and the possibly the most dangerous player to make it to Final 2.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Accused of being this by Bridgette early on. Given that on a few of the live feeds she gave into peer pressure and bullied Bridgette and is friends with the "bad guys" this could very well be true. If you watched her season you probably know she can be catty. Nicole also seems to bond better with the male houseguests and is not seen hanging out with the girls all that much. The only women that Nicole seemed to have a legit bond with were Zakiyah and Da'Vonne, but she did not bond with Bridgette, Natalie, and especially Michelle.
- The Cameo: She is the host of the first Head of Household competition in BB19, dressed like a golden Valkyrie.
- The Chessmaster: While there continued to be a power struggle between the various Alliances throughout the season, Nicole keyed in on targeting the other females. By time she was lone female left in the house, the rest of the males were more focused on trying to get rid of one another. Nicole ultimately ends up winning the Season only being nominated for Eviction twice.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Similar to Zakiyah, she is also seen to be very possessive of Corey. She doesn't really like it when Corey hangs around other female houseguests. Nicole was very irritated and annoyed by Natalie because she felt that Natalie was trying to flirt with Corey. It is not surprising that she is still displaying this behavior since on her original season, she displayed shades of jealousy when it came to Hayden and feeling slightly threatened by Victoria. Nicole has a very jealous and clingy personality and even Corey has shown that he gets tired of Nicole and her clinginess from time to time.
- Cloudcuckoolander: For the most part, Nicole is a rather quirky and off beat personality and sometimes seems to have her head in the clouds regarding the game. Although she has stronger game instincts this season in comparison to her original season, she sometimes displays the same quirky and odd behaviour that she exhibited during her season. For example, there are times when Nicole seems to care more about the status of her and Corey's relationship than about the possibility of Corey being a part of an all guys alliance. She seems to be completely oblivious that Corey may have more loyalty to the other guys than to her. It's not surprising that Nicole would display such behaviour considering it's the exact same way she acted on her original season regarding Derrick, Cody and Hayden. Nicole is somewhere between The Ditz and Obfuscating Stupidity.
- Creator's Pet: She is given a lot of screentime compared to the more liked houseguests such as Da'Vonne, Natalie and Bridgette. Big Brother also emphasizes promoting her to attract more fans like promoting her hairstyles and showmance with Corey. Allegedly, the Week 11 veto was rigged for her and Corey. They even acknowledged this on the live feeds.Nicole: "I didn't find the key until they told me where it was. I didn't know it floated until they told me it floated. The worst."Corey: "Yeah they said get the pipe on the wall. Then use the gutter and line up the water into the key."
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Nicole may come off as The Ditz and the Dumb Blonde who has no clue what is going on in the game, but in reality, she could be considered the strongest female player in the game that is left. She may be very ditzy ad not seem all that bright in regards to certain aspects, but she is also the most logical female player left. Nicole is also a secretly strong competitor; however, she has been hiding that for the majors of the game. She has recently started to win more competitions and is showing her competition prowess. Nicole could definitely be using her cute persona as strategy to throw people off. Nicole is the definitely of cute but deadly.
- Cute, but Cacophonic: There are many fans that have complained about Nicole's voice coming off as irritating and whiny sounding. Not only is it reasonably high pitched, but she also has a really strong Mid Western accent (she is from Michigan after all) and the combination of the two happens to drive many fans nuts. The same complaints about her voice were made on her original season, especially during Nicole's DR sessions.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Nicole has shades of this, even once having accidentally choked on some water she drank.Nicole is definitely not the most elegant individual, which only makes her more endearing.
- Decided by One Vote: Nicole won in a 5-4 vote, both Natalie and Da'Vonne are both debatable for being the deciding vote. Da'Vonne gave her vote to Nicole out of respect for her game and Natalie gave Nicole her vote because she was bitter to Paul for both calling her out on her gameplay and called her close friend Michelle "a cunt."
- Dirty Coward: Constantly lies, schemes and scumbags other houseguests yet she never seems to own up to her game moves or her actions. Instead, she chooses to either throw other people under the bus and blame other people for her own actions or she tries to pretend that she is innocent and had nothing to do with what happens in the game. For example, Nicole had been targeting Da'Vonne for weeks, yet Nicole would still try to pretend to be her friend and be aligned with her despite constantly scheming or plotting her demise. She pretends that she had no idea about the plan to get out Da'Vonne yet she was one of the main reasons as to why Da'Vonne was targeted and evicted (along with Corey and Paulie). She did the same thing with Zakiyah. Nicole did not even warn Zakiyah that she was in danger of being targeted and evicted, yet she would constantly pretend to still be her friend to her face. She does the same thing with Michelle when she decides not to even tell Michelle that she is the target and tries to keep it a secret from her so that she can blindside her during the live eviction. It only proves that Nicole is a coward and is scared of the consequences of her scheming game moves. She repeated this cowardly behavior again in the Final 5 when Corey won HOH. Corey and Nicole were plotting against Paul and Victor and wanted to betray them by turning on their Final 4 alliance. Nicole again expressed that she felt scared of turning on Victor and Paul because she was afraid of how they would react.The fact of the matter is that every single time that Nicole is given a chance to own up to her lying and sneaky ways or gameplay, she never ever owns it. Instead, she continuously chooses to play the victim and pretends that she is so innocent and has no blood on her hands. Yet, Nicole has actually either trash talked, backstabbed or betrayed every single person that is in the Jury. Nicole is playing the definition of a dirty and scumbag game and she has become what she hated and disrespected on her original season, which is a player like Christine Brecht who is sneaky, manipulative, and cunning. Nicole is the definition of a rat or a snake.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Gets very easily distracted when around Corey, something she lampshades heavily. It seems that she cares more about having a romance with Corey than she does about winning Big Brother. In this regard, she and Zakiyah definitely have something in common. It was no wonder Zakiyah and Nicole seemed to have a close bond and relationship as they both cared more about planning a future with Paulie and Corey than about the possibility of getting to the end together and winning 500K. Even towards the end of the game, she is still so hung up on Corey and his physical attractiveness, she cannot stop talking about how hot and attractive she finds him. However, Corey never seems to return the favor to Nicole and rarely, if ever, compliments her back.
- Dogged Nice Girl: Towards Corey. Although the two are in an obvious showmance, it seems as though Nicole might be more into Corey than Corey is into her. She is a very Clingy Jealous Girl when it comes to Corey and she doesn't like when Corey flirts or talks to other female houseguests. Nicole has frequenrly talked about how hot and physically attractive she finds Corey and that she has never met a guy like him in the real world before. Case in point, Nicole seems to be completely smitten with Corey. However, it seems as though Corey doesn't exactly feel the same way and that he doesn't really reciprocate the level of Nicole's affections. Corey has even outright told a few houseguests, such as Victor and Paul for example, that he is not really interested in a romantic relationship with Nicole outside of the house. Corey even seems freaked out or overwhelmed by Nicole's advances towards him and may feel that Nicole sometimes is too clingy, possessive and comes on way too strong. Sometimes Corey's expression and body language while being in Nicole's presence or when they are showing affection display that he is not really that into Nicole at all. It could also be assumed that Corey is using Nicole for strategy, although it does seem that he sees Nicole as a genuine friend.
- The Dragon: For Paulie. Nicole has mentioned that she has a strong degree of loyalty to Paulie. She seems to be okay with doing everything that Paulie wants. Interestingly enough, Nicole also had a degree of loyalty to his brother Cody during her season, but her loyalty to Cody is nowhere near the loyalty she seems to display for Paulie. Nicole even commented that she intends on going far in the game with Paulie and that she enjoys playing with him much more than she did Cody.
- Co-Dragons: Nicole is this along with Corey, Paul, Victor, James, and Zakiyah. Although all of the other houseguests worked for him or alongside him in the game, Nicole is one of Paulie's closest allies. As many of his other allies had turned on Paulie, Nicole is Paulie's second closest ally after Corey.
- Dragon Ascendant: If Paulie is evicted, Nicole would become this along with Corey. Nicole has mentioned that since she feels betrayed by the rest of the house for putting up her two closest allies in Paulie and Corey, she will want to avenge the betrayal by getting back at the people who betrayed her and her allies (i.e. Victor, James, Natalie, Paul). Paulie has mentioned that he wanted Victor and Paul out next after he goes, and Nicole had stated that she intends to follow through with that when Paulie leaves.
- Dragon-in-Chief: Although Paulie was visably the strongest player in the house and was running the show from the beginning, it is clear that Nicole (and Paul) is more dangerous than Paulie because she has managed to last so long in the house without ever being nominated or seen as a target. Although Nicole is not that smart and isn't particularly strong strategically or competitively, she does have a much stronger social game than Paulie. What makes Nicole so dangerous and a huge threat is that for the majority of the game, she was invisible and under the radar. Nobody perceived her as a threat to make it far. As of right now, it seems that Nicole might be a lock to make Final 3 and if all goes right for Nicole, she might make Final 2.
- Dragon Their Feet: If and when Paulie leaves, it will just be Nicole and Corey against the rest of the house. Nicole knows that she and Corey have an uphill battle but she has stated that she intends to go after the people who betrayed her (such as Paul, Victor, James and Natalie). Till she gets the opportunity to go after her targets, Nicole has intentions off trying to have a friendly and sociable rapport with the other houseguests until she gets that opportunity to strike once she has power. But she is only do this, so that she can try to ensure safety for herself and Corey, because Paulie, who is a great competitor, will not be around to protect her from nomination or eviction.
- Noble Top Enforcer: Nicole is a generally Nice Girl with shades of Lovable Alpha Bitch who is much kinder and nicer than Paulie. Nicole works for Paulie because she has a strong degree of loyalty to him. However, she is not as willing to resort to the tactics that Paulie is, such as manipulation and intimidation for example. Nicole has even questioned some of Paulie's behaviour and actions and she has shown that she disagrees at times.
- Dumb Blonde: Nicole definitely has her dumb blonde moments from time to time but that is to be expected since she is a bit zany and out there. She is a Cute Clumsy Girl, a Cloudcuckoolander and The Ditz all rolled up together, so it is really not surprising how much Nicole fits this trope. In the game, she doesn't seem to have much in the way of game strategy and she needs to rely on other people (such as Paulie for example) to help her with strategy. Strategy was never Nicole's strength in the game as it was winning competitions and having a good social game that got Nicole to where she was on her last season (and it wasn't even that far).
- Everyone Loves Blondes: Similar to her last season, Nicole seems to be popular with all of the houseguests. Most of them admit to liking Nicole on a personal level. The guys, such as Victor, Paul, Paulie, Corey, and James for example, have all commented on how endearing and sweet they find Nicole to be. Victor seems to have an obvious soft spot for Nicole and he has been seen sharing tender moments and convos with her from time to time. Corey has obvious feelings for Nicole and has declared that he feels the need to protect her in the game as much as possible. Paulie has said that Nicole is the most adorable thing he has ever seen and that he is not surprised to see why Cody loved Nicole so much during his season. James had previously admitted during his original season that he had a huge crush on Nicole and thought that she was a sweetheart (it helped that she was a blonde girl since that seems to be his type - he did have a thing for Meg, who probably reminded him of Nicole). However, this is a Subverted Trope outside of the house. Nicole was actually rather popular on her original season, but she has become increasingly unpopular with the audience and the viewers this season. Much of the decline in her popularity has to do with her boring and vapid showmance with Corey (who is also not well liked by the viewers), her unlikeable personality (whiny, lazy, boy crazy, self absorbed) and her dirty gameplay (scheming, lying, backstabbing, manipulative, cunning). The fans have expressed serious disdain for Nicole and her gameplay, arguing that she does not deserve to be where she is or does not deserve to win because she barely played the game all season and was instead, more hung up on her romance with Corey than about winning 500K. Also, it seems that Nicole is not popualr with the jury and she has very poor jury management. Many members of the jury have expressed their dislike of Nicole both on a personal level and on a game level and some have downright stated that they will not vote for Nicole to win shall she make the Final 2. It seems that the large portion of America (aka the Big Brother fans) and the majority of the Big Brother jury (Da'Vonne, Michelle, Zakiyah, Bridgette in particular) are NOT a fan of this blonde girl.
- Evil Counterpart: Arguably to Natalie. Although Nicole is not necessarily villain per say, she could still be considered to be the "dark" counterpart to Natalie, as Nicole is aligned with the "bad/dark side" of the house (Paulie and Corey) and Natalie is aligned with the "good side" of the house (Paul, James, Victor, Michelle). Both Natalie and Nicole actually have a lot in common. Both of them are The Ditz who come off as shallow and unintelligent, both are Genki Girl's, The Pollyanna's and the Plucky Girl's who are The Idealist's and have a generally upbeat, optimistic and energetic personality, both are in a showmance with a male houseguest (Natalie is in one with James and Nicole is in one with Corey), both are Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass' who are underestimated in the game, both are viewed as weak or useless players in the game, both are easily manipulated and gullible, both are petite in stature, both of them are seen as The Cutie's who are also Adorkable and endearing, and both of them have won 1 Head of Household title. Could be switched now that Natalie Took A Level In Bitchiness. Once Natalie leaves the house, Nicole seems to become the Big Bad.
- Face of an Angel, Mind of a Demon: Nicole may look sweet and innocent on the outside, but she is the opposite on the inside. Many perceived Nicole to be a Nice Girl who was the Girl Next Door and was kind to everyone, but her true colors have been revealed this season. Nicole is actually very scheming, backstabbing and manipulative. She also seems to have somethng against the other women in the house and she never built any bonds or friendships with any of them. Nicole has always been very catty and she doesn't seem to bond with other women easily. She is willing to scheme and lie without caring to further herself and Corey in the game. Nicole may look cute, but her personality is sure unlikeable. She is a Christine Brecht in sheeps clothing.
- Foil: To Michelle. Despite never having been aligned with one another and never having had a bond in the game or on a personal level, the two actually had more in common than they noticed (both Girl Next Door types, both Clingy Jealous Girl's, both Meganekko girls who wear glasses, both nerdy super fans, both from the state of Michigan, etc), yet they have some obvious differences as well. Nicole is (or was on her original season) a competitive player who won competitions, while Michelle is one of the weaker competitors. Nicole has blonde hair while Michelle has dark hair. Michelle seems to have stronger shades of an Alpha Bitch personality while Nicole seems to be more of a Lovable Alpha Bitch. Nicole is more positive, upbeat and a Plucky Girl while Michelle is more pessimistic, melancholic and defeatist. Nicole is more of The Idealist while Michelle is more of The Cynic. Nicole has more of a Plucky Comic Relief (light hearted humor) kind of humor, while Michelle has more of a Deadpan Snarker (sarcastic humour) kind of humor.
- Fun Size: Nicole is one of the smallest girls in the house next to Natalie (who has stated that she is 4'11"). Her small size only adds to her adorableness and it makes her much more endearing.
- Genki Girl: Along with being The Pollyanna and the Plucky Girl, Nicole is very upbeat and positive. She seems to have a lot of energy and enthusiasm, especially when it comes to something that she is passionate or excited about.
- Girl Next Door: Nicole is very down to earth and she hails from a small town in Michigan. She is also rather friendly and sweet as well. She has no problem with befriending both guys and girls, but overall, she seems like she is more comfortable around guys. Nicole is not what someone would call the "model" type, but instead, she would be labelled or seen as someone who is a "Plain Jane". This doesn't mean that Nicole is not in any way cute though.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Nicole is a generally kind, sweet and caring person. Even though she does have her occasional bitchy and catty moments, she does seem to genuinely care about the well being of her fellow houseguests. There are also seems to be shades of innocence, almost childlike qualities, to her personality. This is later subverted when people see she can be just as catty as the other girls, and her innocence could very well be a facade.
- History Repeats: Once again, Nicole ends up stuck in a costume for a week. Season 16, she was dethroned as HOH week 3 and was forced to suit up as a frog, then later was beseiged with the dreaded unitard punishment- in her case, the Germitard. This time, she actually gets a costume as a blessing. She wins "Super Safety" and is immune from eviction for a full week... but it comes with a silly, yet cute costume that even lights up.
- Hospital Hottie/Hello, Nurse!: Since competing in Big Brother 16, Nicole has graduated from nursing school, and now works as an emergency room/ER nurse. Considering she is very cute and adorable, these are the tropes to use.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Nicole is the Tiny Girl to Corey's Huge Guy. While Corey is super tall and The Big Guy (he is 6'5" or 6'6"), Nicole is Fun Size who is really petite in stature (she is between 5'0" and 5'3"). Whenever the two of them are standing next to each other, the height difference between the two of them extremely noticeable. Some fans even say that because Corey is so big and tall next to Nicole that he sometimes makes Nicole look like she is a kid or a little girl. The height difference between Nicole and Corey is the opposite of James and Natalie, who are both short.
- Last of Her Kind: Nicole is the last female standing in the Final 5. The other female houseguests such as Bronte and Tiffany were evicted before Jury. And the other female houseguests including Da'Vonne, Bridgette, Zakiyah, Michelle and Natalie are all in Jury. Nicole has repeatedly made a big deal out of the fact that she is the last woman standing and that the rest of the Final 5 are men. It should also be noted that many of Nicole's targets throughout the game have been other women, which poses the question as to whether it was Nicole's strategy from the beginning to go to the end with a group of men so that she would appear weak and vulnerable and all of the guys would drag her to the Final 2.
- Lovable Alpha Bitch: For the most part, Nicole is a Nice Girl and she is generally sweet and down to earth. However, there are instances where Nicole can be rather bratty and mean spirited as she has consistently made catty comments, especially about the other female houseguests (such as Da'Vonne, Zakiyah, Tiffany, Bridgette, Michelle, for example). This was an occurrence during her original season as well where Nicole was seen as catty towards Amber for no reason at all. She would resort to trash-talking Amber behind her back with Christine, even though Amber had done nothing to Nicole personally. Again, Nicole is generally nice but she does have her bitchy and catty moments from time to time.
- Manipulative Bitch: Has definitely become more manipulative and back stabbing this season in comparison to her last season. Nicole also seems to have no issue with throwing people under the bus to benefit her and Corey. She has shown to be a huge liar and she is playing a lot more ruthless than she did on her previous season. Many fans have actually found Nicole more unlikeable because of her gameplay because of her attitude, with many fans referring to Nicole as "Nicobra" (because they feel that Nicole is a conniving, manipulating and scheming snake) and "Ratcole" (because they feel that Nicole is very sneaky and back stabbing). Nicole seems to go through with backstabbing others and pretending to sad about it but in reality, she is happy about backstabbing them. She has backstabbed all of the other female houseguests in the house (such as Tiffany, Da'Vonne, Bridgette, Zakiyah, Natalie, Michelle) so that she could be the last girl standing. She has also somewhat manipulated the male houseguests by getting them to think that she is weak and that they should take her to the end because she hasn't done anything in the game. It is uncertain if any of the male houseguests actually believe this. All of the Jury members, especially Da'Vonne and Michelle, have commented on how catty, scheming and manipulative Nicole is and how she is the biggest snake in the grass. Many fans have gone as far as to compare Nicole to Christine Brecht (from Big Brother 16), because she is playing a very similar game to her, a game that is very backstabbing, dirty and manipulative. Nicole looks sweet on the outside, but she is very catty, scheming and manipulative. She has fooled alot of people into believing that she is a sweet and innocent young woman when she is the exact opposite.
- Meganekko: Though there have been times that she hasn't worn them during the season (particularly when she was introduced during the reveal of the returning houseguest twist) compared to when she appeared in Season 16, Nicole's thick-rimmed glasses definitely make her look like this.
- My Greatest Second Chance: Like James, she finished 7th in her original season, and this season she's moved up to at least fifth or higher.
- Nice Girl: Is well-liked by the majority of the house, even though they do consider her a threat to their game, given the competitive strengths she exhibited when she appeared two seasons prior.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Considering she graduated nurse school and nurses generally need to know calculus, it could be inferred that her ditziness is a facade and she's really a much smarter houseguest than we think only acting ditzy because of her love for Corey.
- One Curse Limit: The first person to have endured the unitard punishment in her inaugural season and come back and win the game in a returning season.
- One of the Boys: Nicole has mentioned that she seems to bond better with men than with other women. She seems to feel more comfortable being around male energy. It's interesting because Nicole is so girly and feminine. However, despite this, it is obvious that she has some tomboyish tendencies. It is not surprising why Nicole, on both of her seasons, aligned with more men, because she naturally just feels closer to them. Nicole even said that she did not care about the guys having an all guys alliance and that she would eventually get cut from the game because of it.
- Passing Notes in Class: Attempts to give Frank information that Da'Vonne planned to get rid of him before Victor, since Victor earned his way back in the house via Battle Back. However, Frank rats her out to Da'Vonne, who stated she would only drop for Bridgette if Frank told her who gave him the piece of information.
- Plucky Girl: Nicole manages to stay reasonably upbeat throughout the competition, although there have been instances in which she doesn't fit The Pollyanna aspects she showed in Season 16, knowing that she is a target because of her veteran player status and the weaknesses exhibited by the Freakazoids during the Hit the Road Competition.
- Smelly Feet: According to Victor, who makes a joke about such at a Veto competition.
- Tall Poppy Syndrome: Nicole was worried about being targeted because of her being a returning houseguest. The fact that her team, the Freakazoids, placed last in the first and third rounds of the Hit the Road Competition exacerbated this concern... then she won the final round of the competition and became the season's first HOH. The revelation of the Roadkill Competition twist adds to this concern, when she becomes aware of the lines drawn between the newbie and veteran houseguests.
- Unkempt Beauty: Part of Nicole's Girl Next Door appeal, particularly since she is often see wearing a simple bumped ponytail and her signature Nerd Glasses.
- Will They or Won't They?: With Corey. They Do, both inside of the house and outside of the house after the game is over. Unfortunately, their relationship doesn't last and Nicole ends up moving on to Victor.
Paul Raffi Abrahamian (The Runner-Up)
Paul Raffi Abrahamian (The Runner-Up)
Born: Jun 13th, 1993 (age at time of competition: 23)
Hometown: Tarzana, CA
Current City Of Residence: Tarzana, CA
Occupation: Clothing Designer
Number Of HOH Wins: 3
Number Of POV Wins: 3
Number Of Times Nominated: 6
Number Of Times As Have-Not: 2
Prizes Won: $500, 1 Week Secret Service Punishment, Outback Dinner (Guest), Round Trip Ticket (Expired)
Team: Big Sister (Da'Vonne, Paul, Zakiyah, Jozea)
Finished: 2nd Place (RUNNER-UP)
Prize Money Earned: $50,000
Jury Votes Earned: LOST 5-4 VS. NICOLE note
- 100% Adoration Rating: Paul is considered one of the most likeable houseguests this season. Paul's catchphrases are the most popular quotes this season of Big Brother including "Pissed" and "Friendship." Not to mention, Paul has thousands of fans having Twitter accounts dedicated to him. Many fans even felt terrible for him after losing to Nicole in the Final 2 and even mentioning that he should've won Big Brother. He also has support from Big Brother alumni such as Janelle Pierzina, Rachel Reilly, James Rhine, Danielle Reyes, Jackie Ibarra, Meg Maley, Matt Hoffman, John McGuire and Jun Song. AJ McLean from the Backstreet Boys is also a fan of Paul's. Season 19 would unfortunately introduce us to a more unlikable and power-mad Paul...
- Adorkable: There are times when Paul can be really irritating and there are times when Paul can be really endearing and likeable. It depends on who Paul is interacting with, but he definitely has a loveable and endearing side to him at times. It also helps that Paul is actually a very smart and intelligent guy and many fans find him humorous and endearing, especially when he has his "Friendship Time" chats with the live feeders. Also, it should be noted that a major part of Paul's likeability stems from his heartwarming relationship, friendship and bond with Victor. Paul is generally loud and obnoxious in personality and Victor is the opposite, being more practical and calm. Victor tends to have a very good influence on Paul and he tempers Paul's loudness and impulsiveness. It is very clear that Paul deeply loves Victor and looks up to him as an older brother figure. Paul is also a big time underdog (along with Victor) and it is why it is so easy to find him rootable and endearing because he has had to fight to stay in the game since Week 1 and has not had it easy. Let's not forget that this is a 23 year old guy who chooses to wear a pelican floatie named "Pablo" around his waist, adding to his cuteness and adorkableness. Paul wearing the pelican floatie is the equivalent of Steve Moses (from Big Brother 17) cuddling with a teddy bear frequently, especially while he sleeps.
- Affably Evil: Paul can appear friendly and sociable, but don't think that he won't plot your demise and stab you in the back. Paul is a wild card and really unpredictable that it's really hard to tell where his loyalties lie and what his true intentions are. Paul is also considered to be more of an Anti-Hero than an actual villain. Paul is also a very good liar and manipulator and he persuade people to think the way that he thinks. Despite his occassional aggressiveness and his arguments with other houseguests, he has a pretty solid social game and is a very convincing conversationalist. After he gets into fights with other houseguests, he is very good at trying to do damage control and making himself seem like he is a decent nice guy who has done nothing wrong and is very remorseful. Paul's ability to turn his unpredictability on and off is what makes him so dangerous and such a huge threat in the game. It is hard to tell what Paul's true intentions are, because one minute, he can be very confrontational, but the next minute, he can be the nice, friendly and sociable guy who gets along with everyone.
- Annoying Younger Houseguest/The Baby of the Bunch: Paul is the youngest houseguest of the season. He can also be incredibly loud, erratic and unpredictable. It is understandable why Paul could sometimes get on the nerves of the houseguests. Paulie even comments about Paul's immaturity, saying that sometimes he is too much of a loud mouth and a little bit too brash. Some assume that Paul acts loud and obnoxious because he realizes that he is the youngest of the bunch and has to receive attention from the rest of the houseguests by being loud mouthed. Unfortunately for him, many of the other houseguests have commented on how they dislike Paul because they find him annoying and irritating. There are also some fans who say that Paul comes off as a spoiled brat who is very entitled and shows alot of immaturity, despite his many stories of having lived life and experienced many things. See Tagalong Kid.
- Anti-Hero: Plays this role. He's more than willing to toss his own houseguests under the bus if it advances his game further. Paul could classify as a Type II or Type III anti-hero. He is a Type II, which is a Knight In Sour Armor, because he has Heroic Spirit yet he can also be incredibly cynical and sarcastic at times. He is also a Type III, which is a Pragmatic Hero, because he is very practical, strategic and logical in his thinking, despite his occasional wild antics.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: Definitely came off as this early on in the game. Paul was extremely cocky, bossy, and arrogant, but it could use assumed that much of his personality was influenced by associating with Jozea. Paul was shown to be bossy towards other houseguests and he made it a point to try to get the others to do and see things his way. This could be considered an Averted Trope now, as Paul seems to have toned down his cocky and arrogant behaviour and has mellowed out by becoming more sociable with the other houseguests since Jozea was evicted. He still has his cocky moments from time to time, however. Big Brother 19 revealed it was much worse than we originally thought, though, and that had he not been pawned so much, he would've gone Drunk with Power, which he later did.
- Aww, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: Had this kind of relationship with Bronte. At times, Paul and Bronte would appear to have somewhat of a prickly or antagonistic relationship going on where they would argue and bicker with one another.However, there are other times when Paul and Bronte would engage in flirtation and light conversation with each other. Paul even admitted that he was both shocked and upset about Bronte's unexpected eviction and in her exit interview, Bronte admitted that she liked or had a crush on Paul. See Belligerent Sexual Tension.
- Badass Adorable: Paul fits this because he comes off as a silly dork who loves entertaining other people and conducts wild antics from time to time, but he is actually one of the best players in the game. Paul used to be an outcast in the house and was even in danger of going home, but he managed to turn his game around by becoming more social. He's also shown that he is a competitor when he wants to be and he is not afraid to make big moves whenever necessary (such as when he put up Da'Vonne and even risked putting his ally Paulie on the block for strategic reasons).
- Badass Beard: Paul sports an obvious and impressive one. It is one of his physical defining traits and it is the first quality that most people notice about him.
- Badass Bookworm: Paul is very smart and intelligent. He is one of the strongest strategists in the game. He's also a really good conversationalist and can talk about a variety of different topics for hours. Even other houseguests have commented on how strong of a strategic player Paul is.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: As a Secret Service agent for Zing-Bot, Paul is clad in a sleeveless suit and aviator sunglasses and made to do security inspections of every houseguest. He also chooses to keep the outfit when the punishment ends.
- Bash Brothers: With Victor. Victor is definitely Paul's closest ally in the game and the two have expressed Undying Loyalty to each other. They have never turned on each other and have never stabbed each other in the back. The two are True Companions and Heterosexual Life-Partners who share a genuine bond and relationship that is not solely game related. Despite Victor being Paul's number one ally, Paul became this with Paulie. Corey used to be Paulie's closet ally and right hand man in the game but eventually, Paul had become the closest ally to Paulie. However, it became a Subverted Trope when Paul realized that Paulie was not as loyal to Paul as Paul was to him. Paulie had intentions of back stabbing both Paul and Victor in favour of being more loyal to Corey (and by extension, Nicole). So, as a result, Paul (along with Victor) decided to turn against Paulie. As of Week 9, Paul has become this with Corey. Paul, Corey and Victor have become very close and have even formed a Final 4 alliance together with Nicole, pledging loyalty and allegiance to one another.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Paul seemed to have this with Bronte. They had somewhat of an antagonistic relationship yet they also flirted with one another and shared some tender moments.
- Berserk Button: Don't even think of betraying him or crossing him in any way. Paul is the type to get even if it happens. Also, one should never attack him personally, especially regarding his faith or religion. Michelle personally attacked Paul's faith and the result of that wasn't pretty.
- Beware the Silly Ones: Despite Paul's unpredictability and wild antics, Paul is actually much smarter than he looks. He was on the block three times in a row in the beginning of the game, but he somehow managed to turn his game around and become one of the stronger players of the season. He can also be very strategic, has a good social game, and can prove that he is a competitor when he needs to be. Not bad for someone who was in danger of going home at the start of the game.
- Black Sheep: Describes himself as this in his intro package, particularly because of his punk look (accompanied by several tattoos, which are forbidden in the culture of his Russian background).
- Brains and Brawn: Paul is the Brains to Victor's Brawn. While Victor is more of an Action Hero who is physically competitive and is capable of winning a lot of competitions, Paul is more of The Strategist and Guile Hero who depends on his game instincts, manipulation and strategy to get ahead in the game. As a result, Paul and Victor are a complementary duo because each has what the other lacks. That does not mean that Victor isn't smart and that Paul isn't a competitive threat though.
- Breakout Character: As of recently, Paul has become a popular with the audience and he is considered to be a fan favorite. Many fans comment how they love Paul because he is very charismatic, entertaining and funny. He could very well be in the running (at least in the Top 3 houseguests) to win the America's Favourite Houseguest prize (along with James and Natalie) shall he not get to the or win the game.
- Brutally Honest: Paul definitely speaks his mind and he can be considered to very outspoke, frank and blunt. Sometimes Paul does not even think before he says stuff. It doesn't help that Paul loves to talk a lot and he is a mega Motor Mouth who sometimes does not know when to be quiet, even if he is saying something that is really honest.
- The Bully: Although he doesn't frequently do it, Paul can come off as very confrontational, argumentative and intimidating at times. He has gotten into arguments and shouting matches with the other houseguests over the course of the season. His most notable fight have been with Natalie, Michelle and Nicole, coincidentally all women. During a fight with Michelle, he called her the C word and told her that she was a terrible person because she likes to bully and intimidate people. And during an argument with Nicole, he calls Nicole a snake because she had referred to him as a liar and a manipulator. Even though Paul's anger towards Natalie and Michelle was justified because they had personally attacked his character (by calling him an "Atheist" because of his personal beliefs regarding Heaven/Hell and also called him a liar and a manipulator) and also betrayed him and Victor by nominating them and breaking their alliance, he still could have resolved his issues with Michelle and Natalie through more diplomatic means. Instead, he decided to shame and humiliate Natalie, Michelle and Nicole in front of the entire house by berating them and aggressively shouting and yelling at them, plus calling them derogatory and misogynistic names. Paul is well known to have a trash mouth and he has a very aggressive personality. It could be argued that his loud mouth is his biggest downfall and his bullying ways and arguments with the other houseguests did cost him some jury votes in the Final 2.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Paul may be a Motor Mouth who can come off as very outspoken and zany at times, but he is arguably the most dangerous player in the game right now. Paul is actually very intelligent and he is the strongest strategic and mental player in the game. Many people seem to underestimate Paul, but he is actually the biggest threat to win the game shall he get to the end.
- Cannot Keep a Secret: He elected to tell the house about the secret room and the twist.
- Catchphrase: Paul loves to yell that he's "pissed" in his DR sessions. He also says "Friendship!" and "Your Boy" (the latter usually in reference to himself) a lot. Other catch phrases of his include "Boned", "Never Cared" and "Fool". Paul's signature vocabulary is so catchy that many of the other houseguests are starting to use it without even realizing it. In Week 8, the Zingbot even made fun of Paul's catch phrases, telling him that he has a lot of them (such as the ones listed above), but the Zingbot's catch phrase for him would be "Shut the F%$@ Up!" ZING!
- The Chessmaster: One of the strongest strategic players on the game and generally has very good game instincts. He's also very good at persuading people to do what he wants or think the way he thinks and he can be rather manipulative. He may not exactly be on Paulie's level of Manipulative Bastard, but he is pretty close and almost as impressive.
- Class Clown: Paul is known to be one of the funniest houseguests of the season. His DR's are widely thought of as entertaining and humorous.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Paul is very unpredictable and zany. Many of the houseguests didn't really take Paul that seriously because of his wild behavior and antics. However, this could be considered an Averted Trope, as Paul is now taken much more seriously by the other houseguests and they see how logical and practical he can be from time to time.
- Cool Shades: Paul is seen wearing sunglasses a lot. It seems to be part of his signature attire.
- Country Matters: Finally fed up with Michelle's cutting commentary, Paul blasted her with the C-word while James was interrogating him. The live feeds clip on the official Big Brother channel saw fit to actually censor that over the F-word!
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Paul originally came off as really loud, wild, unpredictable and brash, mostly because it seemed as though he was a Wildcard who didn;'t really have any strong loyalties after Jozea and Victor were evicted. But it turns out that Paul is not to be overlooked or underestimated. He could actually prove to be one of the biggest overall threats in the game. Paul is very strong strategically, socially and even competitively. Many people actually believe that Paul may have a very good shot to win the game if he manages to get to the end.
- Deadpan Snarker: Paul has a really sarcastic and snarky sense of humour. Sometimes he will deliver jokes or humorous lines with a serious expression, which only makes the joke come off even funnier.
- The Dragon:
- For Paulie, who could be considered as the Big Bad, as he is the one who is calling the shots and running everything that is happening in the house. Paul is hands down Paulie's closest ally in the game and it is clear that Paul's loyalty lies 100% with Paulie. Paul could even be considered as Paulie's right hand man. He is basically The Mole for Paulie, because any time Paul gathers information from the other houseguests, he always runs back to Paulie so that he can let him know what is going on. Basically, Paul was nothing more than a rat for Paulie, constantly ratting out information to Paulie himself that was given to him by other houseguests during conversations that he has had with them. In addition, Paulie and Paul have confessed Undying Loyalty to one another and the two were tied at the hip. Paul basically did everything that Paulie told him to do, even getting out all of Paulie's intended targets (such as Da'Vonne for example, someone who was never Paul's target to begin with). Earlier on in the game, Paulie and Paul's alliance was the most dangerous alliance in the house, yet nobody at the time could figure out how close they were and how much of a threat they posed. Although it seemed as though Paulie and Paul had a genuine bond of some sort and liked each other's company, their relationship came off as more of a master (Paulie) and servant (Paul). Paulie would somehow make the very loud mouthed and obnoxious Paul more submissive in nature by getting him to do his bidding and dirty work.
- Co-Dragons: Paul is this alongside Corey, Nicole, Zakiyah, Victor and James. Although all of them are working for or alongside Paulie, Paul appears to be the closest ally to Paulie and also seems to be his right hand man in the game (he seems to have taken over Corey's spot as Paulie's right hand man). All of the people who worked for Paulie seemed to have different skills and strengths that could be used to benefit Paulie in the game. Paul, who was arguably Paulie's main ally next to Corey, was strong socially, strategically and competitively, which actually made Paul extremely dangerous to Paulie because he was the strongest of his minions. Paul was good socially because he had a very strong social game and could easily persuade people with his words. He was also good strategically because he was the strongest strategist next to Paulie in the entire game and he was a very good manipulator and liar. And finally, Paul was strong competitively because he always won competitions (particularly mentla competitions) when he needed to and he was very clutch when winning them (especially when he found himself in trouble or when he was nominated). Nicole was strong socially because she had a reasonably good social game and nobody targeted her or wanted to get her out of the house (she was never nominated until Week 12!) Corey was strong competitively because he won numerous competitions and he was also very athletic. Victor was very strong socially and competitively. Victor was strong competitively because he was a beast and was the strongest male competitor as well as the strongest overall competitor in the entire game, winning a bunch of competitions. Victor gave Paulie a run for his money in terms of competitiveness and he was hands down Paulie's most competitive ally or minion (Victor got alot of blood on his hands for Paulie's benefit). In addition, Victor's social game was strong, especially after he came back to the house for a second time. Everyone liked him and enjoyed his company and people only targeted Victor because he was a competitive threat, not because he was unlikeable. The only minion or ally of Paulie that did not really contribute anything or did not benefit Paulie's game was Zakiyah. She was The Load who proved to be useless competitively (she never won any competitions and was not a strong competitor), strategically (she came off as The Ditz who only cared about a showmance) and socially (the only people she really hung out with were Da'Vonne and Paulie).
- Dragon Ascendant: Paul could potentially become this if Paulie is evicted in Week 8. Paul has been advocating for Paulie, Corey and Nicole to be nominated and evicted. The reason for Paul wanting to target Paulie is because he feels personally hurt and betrayed that Paulie, someone whom he was very loyal to, had talked trash behind his back by calling Paul "his lap dog" and saying how Paul is too much of a loud mouth who talks to much (which is actually sort of true...). It seems as though Paul is starting to morph or turn into the person that he turned against (Paulie) and he is definitely becoming more controlling and arrogant.
- Dragon-in-Chief: Although Paulie was the Big Bad who was controlling the game and calling all of the shots in the house, Paul was arguably a much more dangerous player than Paulie. Paul is actually a much smarter and intelligent individual than Paulie is and he is one of the best, if not, the best strategist in the game. Paul's game instincts regarding the other houseguests and their intentions are actually very accurate. Paul can also manipulate people without coming off as assertive and aggressive the way that Paulie does. Paul also has a very strong social game and is a very good talker and conversationalist. He can be very persuasive in getting others to listen to him and see his way of thinking. On top of it, Paul is also comp able of being competitive and he has shown to be clutch at winning competitions when it is necessary. To add, Paul is the one who plotted Paulie's demise and was the main influence behind the other houseguests turning on Paulie.
- Dragon with an Agenda: Paul has had differences with Paulie in the game, such as targets or who should go home.When Zakiyah and Michelle were nominated, Paul had wanted Zakiyah gone more than Michelle, but Paulie wanted Michelle out over Zakiyah. This caused some distrust and tension in their alliance. On top of it, Paul has turned on Paulie, Corey and Victor and has thrown all of them under the bus to Michelle, Natalie, and Bridgette. It was thought that Paul had seen Paulie as his number one ally but as of right now, there alliance of two has deteriorated badly due to distrust fuelled by certain houseguests.
- Mouth of Sauron: Paul is/was The Dragon for Paulie and he is the one who does most of the talking for Paulie. Even though Paul would follow what Paulie wants and do what he wanted, Paul's main job was t actually use his social game to gather information about the game. He will socialize with other houseguests and will try to gather info from them so that he can tell Paulie about what is going on. However, Paulie often felt uncomfortable with Paul talking to other houseguests regarding the game out of fear that Paul might accidentally expose too much info because he came off as a Motor Mouth.
- Noble Top Enforcer: Arguably, Paul is actually much nicer person than Paulie. While Paulie is more of The Bully who resorts to intimidation tactics and manipulation to achieve his goals, Paul is actually more chill and laid back. Paul has openly commented that he disagrees with Paulie's tactics and attitude in the game. Although Paul sometimes does engage in some of the trash talking, there are times when Paul finds that Paulie just takes things to far. When Paul became The Starscream and turned on Paulie, Paul even said to the other houseguests that the strongly disagreed with the way Paulie played the game from time to time and that some of his tactics were unnecessary.
- The Starscream: Paul has completely turned against Paulie and has told other houseguests that he intends on putting Paulie on the block if he ever won Head of Household again. It seems that Paul turned against Paulie because according to Michelle, James and Natalie, Paulie had thrown Paul under the bus and had planned on having him nominated (it is uncertain if this information is true). Paul is also a Wild Card who is unpredictable and seems to be trying to play both sides of the house. It is only a matter of time before he gets caught.
- Villainous Friendship: For the short time that Paul was aligned with Paulie, they seemed to be building a genuine friendship and bond with each other. Paul seemed to enjoy Paulie's company and vice versa. However, it is uncertain if Paulie's bonding or friendship towards Paul was 100% genuine since everything seemed to be more strategic with Paulie.
- Genre Blind:
- He told the house of the secret room and the Round Trip twist, despite both nominees being present in the same room. Then he expected people to actually stay true to their final four deal.
- Paul infamously took Nicole to the Final 2 because he believed James did not deserve to sit in the Final 2 chair next to him. This could be heavily compared to Cody sitting next to his best friend Derrick losing to him compared to evicting Victoria who he could easily win against.
- Not to mention, Paul lost a critical jury vote from Natalie after criticizing her gameplay and called her close friend Michelle a "cunt" losing to Nicole in a close 5-4 vote. Another move that can be easily compared to Ivette's infamous goodbye message to Rachel where she ended up being the deciding vote for Maggie to win in a close 4-3 vote.
- Guile Hero <-> Manipulative Bastard: Paul is a combination of the two, depending on one's interpretation of him. Paul is shown to be very smart, intelligent and strategic. He is also very persuasive and is a good talker. Paul seems to have the ability to get people to believe what he is saying even if he is not being completely truthful. Paul is arguably one of the strongest strategists of the season next to Paulie. His instincts reading the game and the other houseguests have been pretty spot on or accurate for the most part. Not to mention, he seems to have a really good memory and can recall or recite information rather easily. Overall, Paul could be considered a huge social and strategic threat.
- He Cleans Up Nicely: When Paul shows a picture of himself clean-shaven, he looks pretty handsome.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Victor. The two are Bash Brothers in the game and they have a very close relationship in the game. The two have Undying Loyalty to each other. Fans even recognize that they have a very strong relationship and bond with each other and refer to them as a solid "bromance". Victor and Paul are so incredibly bromantic that they even bicker and communicate with each other Like an Old Married Couple.
- Hidden Depths: Discovers he is actually really good at baking muffins and really enjoys it. He is also actually a reasonably good cook, despite proclaiming that he hates cooking and that other people always cook for him instead. In addition, Paul is also very good at magic tricks, in particular card tricks.
- Hollywood, California: Paul originally hails from Tarzana, which is a city in California.
- Honor Before Reason: After winning the final HOH Competition, Paul decides to take Nicole with him to the Final 2 instead of James because he reasoned that Nicole actually played the Game unlike James so she actually deserved it more. This ends up being the exact reason he ends up losing to her in the Finals, when the Juror's vote in favor of her over Paul, 5-4.
- Houseguests Cannot Do Math: In the season premiere, while trying to run through the spots between the memory wall monitors, he miscounts 16 slots on the board by one, drawing the incorrect conclusion that another houseguest was going to be brought in. Victor immediately notes that there are the number of slots are the same as the number of houseguests (16).
- Jerkass: Regularly seen on the live feeds insulting the houseguests behind their back with Bronte during Week 1. Subverted as of now, as he Took a Level in Kindness and became much more sociable and nice to the other houseguests once Jozea was evicted from the house. Double subverted when he begins to bash everybody anew alongside Victor, and even more so if you mosey over to Big Brother 19 and see what becomes of him.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Paul resorts to trash talking about the other houseguests from time to time, but for the most part, he seems like a generally good guy who likes to have fun and socialize. He Took a Level in Kindness once Jozea was evicted, which proved that outside influences definitely have a strong impact on Paul's personality and how he acts. He has also shown to be strongly loyal to the people he likes and trusts in the game.
- Last of His Kind: Paul is the last team member of Big Sister to remain in the game. All of his other team members (Da'Vonne, Zakiyah, and Jozea) were all evicted. Jozea was evicted in Week 2, Da'Vonne was evicted in Week 6 and Zakiyah was evicted in Week 7.
- Lovable Rogue: Despite being wild, unpredictable and at times, a little crazy in his behavior, Paul is still really likeable and he is easy to root for. Mostly because he is actually rather witty and humorous. Interestingly enough, Paul was rather unlikeable in the beginning mostly because of who he was aligned with, which was Jozea. After Jozea was evicted, Paul became a much nicer houseguest who Took a Level in Kindness.
- Motor Mouth: Paul seems to love talking, almost to the point where he can't stop talking. This trait of his has a habit of annoying both the live feeders and the viewers of the show. He also seems to be a good conversationalist and always has a variety of different topics that he likes to discuss. Paul also has a habit of getting very excited when he talks about something of his interest to the point when he cannot stop talking. His comic◊ in the BB Comics veto pokes fun of this trope.
- Pet the Dog: Absolutely adores animals even volunteering at animal shelters, and ever since his friends left he's started to mellow out and socialize more.
- Playing Both Sides: It is very apparent that Paul is trying to play both sides of the house. He is making himself come off as untrustworthy since it is very unclear where his true loyalties lie. In the earlier weeks, he had loyalty to Jozea and Victor but when they were evicted, he had to gain new allies. He then became close to Paulie and Corey and had intended to go to the end with them. Now, he has turned on Paulie and Corey and seems to be aligned with James, Natalie, and Victor instead. It is only a matter of time before Paul will be able to play the middle and gets caught. Paulie, corey and Nicole are already onto him and his flip flopping ways.
- The Rival: Michelle. At first Paul and Michelle had a stable relationship. That was until Michelle nominated him, causing him to dislike her and call her a derogatory name. If Nicole wasn't in the final, Paul would've lost a jury vote from her.
- The Smart Guy: Paul comes off as very smart, sharp and intelligent. He is a very good conversationalist and he seems to very knowledgeable on a variety of different subjects and topics. He is also book smart, as he did attend Pepperdine University.
- Straw Nihilist: Michelle accuses him of being the kind of person who just doesn't want to believe in something. Paul fires back with some very choice language.
- Stroke the Beard: Does this often.
- Tagalong Kid: While his beard may not make him seem like one, he's the youngest houseguest this season. See Annoying Younger Houseguest and The Baby of the Bunch.
- Those Two Guys/True Companions: With Victor, as the two are a duo and have Undying Loyalty to each other. They are close allies and also friends in the house.
- Too Dumb to Live: Paul took the one person who he and only he got put on the eviction block to the Final Two. It was widely regarded as a complete disaster for his game, because he turned into his own goat next to her.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Genuinely seemed to mellow out and socialize a bit more with the other contestants after Victor and Jozea were evicted.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Jozea and Victor. They were his closest allies in the house at the very beginning. This changes later on after Jozea is evicted. However, when Victor comes back into the game, Paul still remains reasonably close with Victor.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Expresses this in a Week 3 DR after HOH Bridgette nominates him for eviction alongside Tiffany, given how they got along in the house.
- Wild Card: Paul's loyalties are extremely questionable. It is not really known who he is the most loyal to and he seems like he could turn on people easily. It seemed as though he was really close to Paulie and Victor, but he has had no problems with throwing them under the bus to other houseguests. Case in point, Paul has proven to be very disloyal and untrustworthy and he is very unpredictable in his intentions.
- Wild Hair: His mohawk. A relatively vertically close-cropped, but somewhat bushy one.
- Younger Than They Look: Paul is actually the youngest houseguest of the season (he is only 23), but many people think that he is much older than his actual age because of how mature he looks. Many think that Paul looks older because of his beard.