open/close all folders
James Joseph Huling (Juror #09)
James Joseph Huling (Juror #09)
Born: May 22nd, 1984 (age at time of competition: 32)
Hometown: Sumter, SC
Current City Of Residence: Wichita Falls, TX
Occupation: Staff Recruiter
Number Of HOH Wins: 1
Number Of POV Wins: 0
Number Of Times Nominated: 1
Number Of Times As Have-Not: 3
Prizes Won: $5,000, America's Care Package #2 (Nullify 2 Eviction Votes)
Team: Team Unicorn (James, Bronte, Natalie, Victor)
Previous Season Appearance: Big Brother 17 (7th Place)
Finished: 3rd Place [9TH and FINAL JUROR]
Evicted: 1-0 VS. NICOLE
HOH/POV Evicted Under: PAUL
Voted For (As Jury Member): PAUL
- 100% Adoration Rating: Pretty obvious that like before James is easily the most popular returning player and is the only one to not be tempted by the dark side or be Hot-Blooded or explosive. If comments and popularity polls are any indication, he's a pretty good shoe-in to win America's Favourite along for the second time (he won it last season, beating out John and Jason), along with Bridgette and Natalie, who are also solid contenders for the prize. This seems to have become a Subverted Trope as of lately (in particular Week 9), where the audience has actually somewhat turned against James and has gotten under the audience's skin with his constant pandering to America. Many fans now feel that James cares more about winning America's Favorite Houseguest prize than he does about actually winning the season of Big Brother. As of lately, James' popularity has declined, especially since he has decided to throw two of his allies in Victor and Paul under the bus in favour of his alleged pre-season alliance with Nicole (and by extension, Corey).
- Adorkable: James is really loveable, dorky, silly, and endearing. He is probably the most likeable houseguest of the season alongside Natalie. It is not surprising that James won the America's Favorite Houseguest prize last season, as he is so easy to root for. Most find James very loveable because he is a small guy but he is also very gutsy and ballsy. Other fans find him endearing because he is very silly, fun loving and spontaenous; he is someone who loves to joke around, pull pranks and have fun. This could be considered an Averted Trope as of lately (particularly between Week 7 and Week 10) since he has become more unlikeable as the weeks passed. James became more ruthless and unlikeable because he has been willing to backstab and turn on his allies to further himself and Natalie in the game (allies such as Victor and Paul, for example). James has also noticeably lost his fun side which is what made him popular with the fans to begin with and has instead, been dedicated to trying to get Natalie to reciprocate his affections. James' likeability was linked to the fact that he was very fun loving and spontaneous and it seems as though James has lost that side of him since he has been hung up on Natalie. One could seriously argue that even though James is a good guy and has a big heart with good intentions, he definitely Took a Level in Jerkass.
- A Friend in Need: James has very nice and kind to everyone and he is always there to comfort or support someone who sees it. James is so kind, in fact, that he even extends sympathy, comfort, and compassion to those he does not necessarily like or agree with on a game level. An example of this is when James comforted Tiffany when she was being ostracized and left out by the rest of the house. James did not trust Tiffany, but he did not agree with the other houseguests mistreating her and leaving her out to be alone. James would often engage in conversation with Tiffany to make her feel like she belonged. James also showed displeasure in the houseguests treating both Frank and Bridgette terribly. He even stated that despite him putting them both on the block, he felt bad for their situation and that he went back on his word. All in all, James has proven to be a great ally and friend and he is definitely someone you would want to have on your side when you're going through a rough time.
- All-Loving Hero: James doesn't seem to particularly or actively hate or dislike anyone in the house on a personal level. He may see certain houseguests as a threat to his game but he never targets people because he has something against them personally. Overall, James is very kind to every single person in the house and he exhibits very polite behaviour towards everyone. However, this is changed as of lately. He seems to have somewhat of a personal vendetta against Victor and Paul, mostly when it comes to Natalie. James seems to believe that Victor and Paul had backstabbed him (due to a lie that Nicole and Corey told James and Natalie) because he thought that Paul was coming after James. It became personal when Natalie tried to accuse Paul of sexually harrassing her and making her feel uncomfortable because he touched her playfully. James became jealous and enraged by Natalie's accusation that he started to become petty towards Paul and plotted to have him evicted (which ended up failing). James also consistently trash talked Victor and Paul behind their backs, solely because of misinformation and a lie that Nicole and Corey fed him. This is a complete 180 to how James was on his season because all of his game moves were strategic and non-personal in nature. This does not change the fact that James is still a good person with a big heart, but it does show that he does have some flaws in his personality and he is definitely not perfect, but he is human.
- Anti-Hero: While James is a good guy, he's become this as of late and is more than willing to throw everyone else besides Natalie under the bus. James is a cross between a Type II and Type IV. Some could argue he Took a Level in Jerkass.
- Anything That Moves:
Da'Vonne: "Oh, James, James, James. Let me tell you something, there has not been a girl who has not been on the receiving end of his flirting. Child, one minute, it's Nicole. [...] Then, it's Natalie. [...] You blink your eye, then it's off to Bridgette. [...] I'm just like, 'boy, is there anybody in this thing you won't touch?' [...] James, leave these girls alone, baby. It ain't no good. Get your head out the clouds."
- James has flirted with almost every single female houseguest, namely Natalie, Bridgette and Nicole (the latter of whom he admitted having had a crush on when she appeared in Season 16), and to some extent, Michelle. To his credit, it does make up for the fact that he got friend-zoned by Meg the previous season. And Da'Vonne definitely noticed...
- Ironically, during a hometown montage aired the previous season, his roommate noted that James Has a Type, specifically blondes and women who are taller (like Meg was). Bridgette, Natalie and Michelle are brunettes, and those three and Nicole are much closer in height to James who even cited Natalie as the "right height" for him (Natalie is 4'11").
- Audience Surrogate: It is pretty obvious that James is the audience's mouthpiece. He pretty much says and states what the majority of the audience is feeling or thinking. It is understandable why the audience chooses to view the show through his eyes considering he is a fan favorite of the audience.
- Badass Adorable: James is adorable, endearing and he is also a strong competitor. He seems to be a Pintsized Powerhouse, because even though he is the shortest male houseguest of the season he is more physical than the bigger guys. This is a guy who lasted for five and half hours during the Week 5 Endurance HOH competition and won it! He was also the runner up in an Endurance Wall competition in Week 9, in which he threw to Nicole. Despite his small stature, James seems to be very physical and he can outlast the stronger and bigger men in the house such as Paulie, Frank and Corey. James was also a strong competitor last season as well and he won a good amount of competitions, hence why he was seen as such a competitive threat.
- Battle Couple: Subverted Trope. James and Natalie are a showmantic couple in the game but they do not seem to be overly competitive or dominant in the game together in terms of gameplay. They seem to have a strong social game but competitively and even strategically, they are lacking. James, who was a good competitor on his original season, is not as competitive and active in the competitions this season. During Season 17, James heled the HOH title 2 or 3 times and held the POV title twice. However, on this season, James has only won 1 HOH title. It seems as though James is depending mostly on social game to get far because his strategy isn't overly strong either. Natalie is not much of a strong competitor at all, although she almost beat Victor in an Endurance competition in Week 7. So far, she has only managed to win one Head of Household title. To add, Natalie doesn't seem to be that strategic and her social game is not overly strong either. Although her reads on the house have been farily good, she doesn't seem to be too smart when it comes to the aspects of the game. Natalie has potential to be a solid player, but it seems that she sometimes seems like The Load, which is someone who doesn't really contribute to the game all that much.
- Beware the Nice Ones: James is very nice but he also has a temper when he is provoked into anger. He has no problem with calling people out on their behaviour when he feels the need to. Especially later on in the game (Week 7 to Week 10), James has Took a Level in Jerkass and has become more of a daker character lately. He seems to be playing more personal, something that James never did on his original season. He seems to have lost his fun loving spark and has appeared to have mentally and emotionally checked out of the game. He has become somewhat spiteful, such as when he has gone along with Natalie's accusations that Paul and Victor have flirted with Natalie and even sexually harassed her. James even mentioned that because of what Natalie told him about Paul and Victor's "actions" towards her (actions that are not even true to begin with), he would be willing to get vengeance against them on a game level to spite them. Like above, James is mostly a nice guy but do not cross him or the people he cares about.
- Big Good: James is the nicest houseguest of the season and could definitely qualify as The Hero of the entire season overall, mostly because he is arguably the nicest houseguest of the season next to Natalie. Even though he was aligned with Paulie for a part of the game, ti did not change his status as this trope. He could be seen as the opposite of Paulie, who could be considered to be the Big Bad of the season. See The Hero, The Cape, All-Loving Hero and The Heart. However, depending on one's interpretation of him, this could be seen as a Subverted Trope as of the later weeks. James has become more unlikeable in personality, but many people assume that it is Natalie's attitude rubbing off on him. It didn't help that he managed to turn on two of his allies in Paul and Victor, two people who are well liked outside of the game and are considered to be the underdogs. James also seemed to have increased his trash talking of other houseguests and he has been acting very petty and personal, especially where Natalie is concerned. Overall, James is still a good guy, but he seems to be veering more into Anti-Hero (Type II to Type IV) territory lately due to his unusual behaviour.
- Breakout Character: James is easily the most popular and likeable houseguest of the season. It is not surprising why he won America's Favorite last season. Could be a case of an Averted Trope as of lately. Although James still has a large fan base and many fans still like him, there is also a larger portion of vocal fans who have completely turned on James and no longer find him enjoyable. Many fans have commeneted that they do not respect James gameplay this season, especially in comparison to his gameplay on his original season. On this season, the fans loved James because he had a very likeable, fun loving and carefree spirit, plus he was the Plucky Comic Relief and The Prankster of the season. However, this season, he seems to have lost his fun loving and spontaneous personality which was what won him America's Fave Houseguest in the first place. On top of it, people feel that James did not bring his best game this season because he was not as competitive and winning a lot of competitions that he normally did on his original season.The fans have complained that James has played a slacker or lazy game because he was endlessly throwing competitions and spent more time caring about having a romance with Natalie and winning AFP for a second time in a row instead of playing the game and aiming to win half a million dollars. Although his popularity has dwindled some, he is still reasonably well liked and popular and he still has a solid fanbase of Captain Camo fans. It is possible that he could be in the running once again to win AFP shall he not make it to the end or win the game.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: YMMV or arguable depending on audience opinion. James has a lot of potential to be one of the best players of the season. As of right now, he is in a very good spot in the game and nobody is actively targeting him or wanting to have him evicted. He has a good social game and gets along with pretty much all of the houseguests. He can also be strategic when he wants to be and he can also have good game instinct. However, he is nowhere near as competitive as he was on his original season. On his original season, James was one of the strongest competitive players in the game and he made a lot of big moves when he got the opportunity and had the power to do so. But he does not seem to be as competitive this season and he seems to be laying back and not getting any blood on his hands because he is not winning any competitions this season, aside from 1 Head of Household title (even though he did manage to make a pretty big move by nominating Frank and Bridgette and having Frank, who is a known strong competitive player, evicted). Some fans are disappointed in James gameplay because they feel that he is coming off as lazy on a competitive and strategic level. Other fans, however, are praising James gameplay, saying that he has a strong social game and he is doing the right thing by not winning too many competitions so that he would become a target to get out.
- The Cape: James could classify as this trope because he is the nicest houseguest of the season and he has played an overall clean and moral game. Even his mild backstabbing is seen as harmless and non dirty. He is also an All-Loving Hero, someone who has no personal hatred or animosity towards his fellow houseguests and only desires to evict the for strategic or game related reasons. James is also the kind of person to engage in conversation with left out or ostracized houseguests (such as Tiffany, for example) and he makes them feel welcome and that they belong even if they are a target. James is also the Big Good and The Hero of the season, as he is highly likeable and has played one of the cleanest games , both on strategic/gameplay and personal level, of the season in comparison to some of the other houseguests who have played somewhat dirty either on a gameplay or personal level (such as Paulie, Nicole, Michelle, Frank, Tiffany, even Natalie).
- Competition Freak: Subverted Trope. This season, James is definitely not as active and competitive in the competitions. He seems to be relying more on his strategic and social game prowess than on winning a bunch of comps to get to the end and make moves. This is a stark contrast to how James was on his original season, where he was seen to be one of the strongest male competitors of the season.
- Cowardly Lion: James seems to have many cowardly moments during the game. He seems to not want to get any blood on his hands. When it comes to telling someone that they are going to be evicted from the game, James always says that he plans on letting the people that are going home know ahead of the eviction, but he never follows through with what he intends to do. Many fans complain that James has become spineless and weak because he doesn't seem to have the guts to let people know they are leaving out of fear of becoming targeted or yelled at. This is a contrast to his original season, when James had no problem calling out Clay in front of the entire house when Clay had decided to slander James' name by making up a lie about Vanessa (the lie was that James was coming after Vanessa).
- The Cutie: James is very loveable, because he has such an endearing personality and he is a Nice Guy. James is also very kind to other houseguests and refuses to treat any in a disrespectful manner, even if he does not care for them on a personal level. Not to mention that his small physical stature makes him even more endearing. Despite his likeability, he is also a case of Beware the Nice Ones, as little cute ol' James can also be quite a force to be reckoned with if anyone messes with him or crosses him in any way. The best way to keep cute James is to not betray him or cross him or those he cares about in any way.
- Deadpan Snarker: James has a really good sense of humour and he has sharp wit. James' sense of humour is what made him a huge favourite with the audience in the first place. Some of his DR sessions are good comedy and he knows how to deliver a funny line very well. James can also be very sarcastic, sassy and snarky in his deliver of jokes, which only makes it funnier. He actually fits more of the Plucky Comic Relief trope and The Prankster tropes since his sense of humor tends to be more light hearted and not so serious in nature. James is the king of making jokes and pulling pranks on numerous houseguests and pulling pranks on houseguests seems to be James' signature.
- Deep South: Averted Trope. James is from the South (he originally hails from South Carolina and Texas) and he is definitely Southern to the bone. James also has a very strong Southern accent, which can be seen as highly unusual since James is of Asian descent. James seems to qualify as more of the Good Ol' Boy trope.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Though he had his moments the previous season, he managed to avert this when Bronte changed her clothes in front of him while trying to get him to reveal what he knows about Frank winning the Week 3 Roadkill Competition, after she became suspicious that Natalie may have been keeping James' secret about who won.
- Dogged Nice Guy: Towards Natalie. Although James would like to believe that he and Natalie are in a romantic relationship or better yet, a showmance, the reality is that Natalie is not really romantically interested in James. Their interactions show that James seems to be more into Natalie than Natalie is into him. Natalie has shown attraction towards Victor and Paulie, confirming that James was never on her radar for who she wanted as a showmance partner. Many fans speculated that Natalie was just using James for her own image (because he is popular and was a favorite of the Big Brother audience last season; he did win the America's Favorite Houseguest prize) and to futher herself in the game. As of Week 10, Natalie has basically told James to his face in so many words that she wants to be Just Friends with him. James, however, does not seem to want to take the hint that Natalie is not interested in a romantic relationship both inside the house and outside of the house. He seems persistant on trying to gain Natalie's affection, even after they constantly argue and fight with each other regarding the game and personal issues. Some fans are even begging James to stop pursuing Natalie and worrying about the status of their realtionship and play the game to win because it is very clear that Natalie is just using James for strategy. Other fans are harping on Natalie and criticizing her negatively because of the way that she has emotionally manipulated James and led him on the entire summer when she had no intentions of wanting to be with him romantically.
- The Dragon: For Natalie. With Paulie now gone, Natalie seems to have taken over as the Big Bad since she has been revealing her true colors lately. James seems to want to do everything that Natalie wants him to do even if it is detrimental to his game. An example of this is in Week 10, when Natalie wanted James to turn against Paul and Victor and nominate them by backstabbing them and betraying them in the process. Natalie was successful in her attempts at getting James, Victor and Paul to hate one another and no longer trust each other, because Natalie had wanted to go to the end with Corey and Nicole. James has even discussed sacrificing his game for Natalie. That is how much Undying Loyalty he has to Natalie.
- Everything Is Big in Texas: Subverted Trope. A resident of Wichita Falls, Texas, James is small in height and stature (standing at only 5'4" according to himself). He is the shortest male houseguest of the season next to Paul. He is the opposite of Corey, who is also from Texas. Corey is The Big Guy amd the tallest male houseguest, standing at 6'5".
- The Gadfly/The Prankster: Just like in Season 17, James spends a lot of his time pranking and messing with his fellow houseguests. Unlike the previous season, he's involved a few of the other houseguests in pulling some of the practical jokes (which have expanded upon the hide-and-startle tricks he mainly pulled in Season 17, though he has pulled a few of these this season as well), such as involving Frank and Corey in a variant of the "shaving cream to the sleeping person's face" trick and dropping popcorn kernels on certain other houseguests with Natalie in Week 1.
- Good Ol' Boy: James originally hails from South Carolina, and currently lives in Texas, and has many of the personality aspects of this trope.
- Good Is Not Soft/Good Is Not Nice: James could be this later in the game given that he's willing to throw almost all of his former allies under the bus, but still has a good heart.
- Guile Hero: On his original season, James was not that much of a strategist and relied more on his competitiveness by winning a lot of competitions to ensure his safety as well as the safety of all of his allies or alliance members. However, it seems that this season, James has taken a different approach to his game. James has become more strategic and is depending more on strategy than on winning comps. He also depends on his social game as there is nobody in the house that does not like James on a personal level or anybody who is actively targeting James. Case in point, the James of Big Brother 17 played a more competitive game (winning competitions), but the James of this current season is depending more on strategy and social game to get to the end. So far, it seems to be working in James' favor.
- The Heart: Easily the kindest and nicest houseguest of the season by far. He seems to share this role with Natalie. James does not have a mean or malicious bone in his body and he has never gotten really personal in the game. When James has a target, it is for strictly game or strategic reasons, not personal ones. For example, James was against Frank and Bridgette on a game level, but he was against everyone treating them terribly or in a mean fashion just because they were nominated and were being targeted. James felt the same way about Tiffany when she was being ostracized by the rest of the house. He went out of his way to still make conversation with Tiffany and make her feel included. This shows that James has a strong degree of compassion in a game that is meant to be about lying, manipulating and backstabbing. However, despite James' overall kindness, it is not a good idea to cross him or mess with the people he considers to be friends and allies. He will go out of his way to defend an ally or a friend in need. See The Hero, Big Good, and All-Loving Hero.
- The Hero: James is this of the entire season. He is definitely the nicest houseguest this season and he is very noble and diplomatic in his gameplay approach or style. He is also strongly loyal to his allies and does not have a strong backstabbing bone in his body.
- Horrible Judge of Character: But who can blame him? We were all fooled by Nicole and Paulie. James' biggest issue seems to be he only sees the good in people and is hesitant to believe anything bad about them.
- Magnetic Hero: Everyone seems to love James on a personal level in the house. Nobody is outright targeting him. This is also the case for outside of the house, with the majority of the audience loving James. After all, James did win the America's Favorite Houseguest prize last season and going by pols, he is a clear contender to win the prize for a second time in a row if he does not get to the Final 2. See 100% Adoration Rating.
- Manipulative Editing: His argument with Natalie over his Final 2 deal with Nicole made Natalie look she was harassing him when major details of the argument were left out of the show such as Natalie making up with James which Natalie acknowledged during her eviction interview with Julie Chen. This edit was most likely done to award him America's Favorite Player which Victor Arroyo ended up winning over James and his showmance partner Natalie. This edit is a very good example for why many people tune into the live feeds daily without the feeds it can be interpreted as Natalie sabotaging James and ending their relationship an edit Julie Chen, Jeff Schroeder and many causal viewers believed to be true.
- My Greatest Second Chance: Despite playing a weaker game this time, he's moved up four places since S17 putting this trope in place.
- Nice Guy: Let's face it, this guy doesn't have a bad thing to say about anyone and is easily one of the nicest houseguests in the house. If a bit flirty. He even got Natalie, who started off the season as relatively unpopular to being nearly adored by everyone. Has been somewhat tarnished as of late, being that he's with the "dark" side of the house, and has become more fiercely protective of Nicole, Michelle and his showmance Natalie, while also treating Victor and Paul (who he was formerly best friends with) pretty badly, he's become a Jerk with a Heart of Gold. James is still genuinely a good person and unfortunately seems to be affected by the type of people he is with. Compare with Beware the Nice Ones.
- Nice Hat: He is often seen wearing a cap or visor.
- Papa Wolf: To his young daughter at home, which explains why he's so flirtatious with some of his female houseguests: he's trying to find a good mom for her.
- Pandering to the Base: Gets accused of this by other players and even by Julie upon his eviction. James focused more on trying not to rock the boat and win America's Favorite Player rather than trying to play hard.
- Reality Show Genre Blindness: In Season 17, James pointed out that Audrey bringing in two more people to their initial existing six-person alliance was not a good idea for their game strategy. He seems to have forgotten that fact this season, considering he became a member of the Eight Pack alliance in the first week.
- Ship Tease: While it has been pointed out James flirts with a lot of the female houseguests, he has a lot of this with Natalie.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: James has done this a lot on the live feeds to secure his win for America's Favorite Houseguest for a second time. This tacit rubbed fans the wrong way and they ended giving up the award to Victor over James and his showmance partner Natalie.
- Who's Laughing Now?: Many causal fans including Julie Chen and Paulie did not believe James and Natalie were going to have a serious relationship however, on both of their social media accounts they are still dating.
Corey Alan Brooks (Juror #08)
Corey Alan Brooks (Juror #08)
Born: Oct 31st, 1990 (age at time of competition: 25)
Hometown: Dallas, TX
Current City Of Residence:' Dallas, TX
Occupation: Baseball Coach
Number Of HOH Wins: 2
Number Of POV Wins: 3
Number Of Times Nominated: 3
Number Of Times As Have-Not: 4
Prizes Won: $2,500, 1 Week Patriotard Punishment, A.C.P. #5 ($5,000 BRIBE)
Team: Freakazoids (Nicole, Corey, Tiffany, Glenn)
Finished: 4th Place [8TH JUROR]
Evicted: 1-0 VS. NICOLE
HOH/POV Evicted Under: PAUL (HOH/POV)
Voted For (As Jury Member): NICOLE
- 0% Approval Rating: Corey is one of the most disliked houseguests this season. He was initially disliked after homophobic comments were made on his Twitter account and on the first week of the live feeds his story of his friend burning a goat created a major backlash from the fans. However, his popularity severely declined after aligning with two of the most disliked houseguests this season (his showmance partner Nicole and Paulie who are both disliked by the public). He faced criticism from Big Brother alumni Jason Roy for both his homophobic remarks and for his comment about Da'Vonne being mad because "guys don't bone her." Many fans also wondered how he won the final care package especially since Paul and Victor (who were a lot more popular than he was) could've won it; although it could be from the remaining amount of fans Nicole has and won it from them.
- Action Survivor: Corey originally did not seem like he was a strong competitor as he did not win any competitions aside from one Power of Veto in Week 4. However, come Week 8, it seems that Corey had picked up his competitive side when he won the Double Eviction Head of Household and also the Power of Veto. He is starting to show that he is a competitor and will win competitions when he feels that it is necessary for him to do so. He is still not on Paulie and Victor's level of competitiveness yet (Paulie and Victor have both won 5 competitions).
- Adorkable: Corey has his endearing moments from time to time. Despite being an athlete, he is very dorky and clumsy looking in both mannerisms and physical appearance. In other words, despite his athleticism, he is very awkward and lacks the finesse and charisma that a typical athlete or jock would have. He may be athletic but he is somewhat dorky at the same time. He is also a bit socially awkward. Interestingly enough, Corey seems to share this quality of trait with Hayden Voss from Big Brother 16. In addition, Corey's love for his dogs and his love for Christmas make him more relatable and endearing. Corey is definitely more in the Lovable Jock territory because of his shy nature.
- Ambiguously Gay/Ambiguously Bi: Has made more than a few comments about other guys' looks that have left a few viewers questioning his sexuality. Which is strange considering he's been accused of calling other people "f-gs" on his Twitter account, something Season 16 contestant Frankie Grande reacted to with, "I hope one day someone sticks it in you [to accept the gay community] and you figure it out [to accept others for who they are]." Corey has also been seen to check out or flirt with some of the male houseguests, such as Paulie and Victor. Some of Corey's interactions with the male houseguests have been highly questionable and his relationship with Paulie seemed to be abnormally close and touchy feely, even for Heterosexual Life-Partners. Now that Paulie is gone, Corey seems to be transferring his "bromantic" feelings from Paulie towards Victor. Then in the penultimate week, he starts to place his bromatic feelings in James, given that James has tried to protect Nicole as much as he could. As of lately, especially since Corey has formed an alliance with Victor, fans have even said that Corey is infatuated with Victor. The status of his sexuality is unclear and is highly ambiguous, although he does seem to genuinely like Nicole as more than a friend.
- The Anti-Grinch: Corey absolutely adores Christmas. When he was playing for a POV competition which was Christmas themed, he was absolutely ecstatic and joyful. In fact, Corey loves Christmas so much that when he was evicted at the Final 4, production played Christmas music while he was walking out to meet Julie Chen for his interview. Fans have given Corey the nickname "Christmas Corey".
- Bash Brothers: With Paulie. Corey is basically Paulie's right hand man in the game and Paulie could be considered as Corey's main ally other than Nicole. Out of all of the other houseguests, Corey has said that he trusts Paulie the most and would never backstab him or betray him in the game. It is clear that the two have a very close relationship in the game and on personal level. Corey seems to have Undying Loyalty to Paulie and he always sticks up for him, even when Paulie doesn't deserve it.
- Battle Couple: With Nicole, although it could be considered to be an Averted Trope. Nicole was highly competitive on her original season and won multiple competitions (she was considered to be the strongest female competitor of that season). However, it seems to be the opposite in this case. Corey has actually won more competitions than Nicole (he has won 1 Head of Household and 2 Power of Vetoes) and he seems rot be the one who pulls the weight on a competition level of their duo. Nicole has actually proven to be useless competitively this season. Yet, this does not change the fact that Corey and Nicole are still arguably the strongest and most dangerous duo left in the game.
- The Big Guy/The Brute: Corey is the tallest male houseguest of the season at 6'5". He towers over the majority of the other male houseguests, except for Frank. His height has actually been a disadvantage to him at some points in the game such as when he has had to be a Have Not. Corey has to sleep in the bumper cars and he has stated it is so uncomfortable because he is too tall to fit in them. His height also gives him a huge disadvantage in endurance competitions.
- Birds of a Feather: With Paulie. Both Paulie and Corey are strongly athletic and competitive by nature. It isn't surprising, considering that they are both athletes (Paulie was a soccer player and Corey is a baseball player). It is no wonder why the two instantly bonded and aligned with each other since Day 1.
- The Bore: Corey doesn't seem to have that much of a personality and he's kind of just there, especially in comparison to some of the other male houseguests. He doesn't have the passion of Paulie, the bluntness of Frank, the dramatics of Jozea, the likability and charisma of James, the unpredictability of Paul, or the sophistication of Victor. Many of the live feeders have frequently said that they often find Corey's personal stories extremely boring or uninteresting. In fact, many of the live feeders think that he is boring and the majority of the viewers who watch the show don't even know Corey exists. Corey could be compared to Survivor Samoa's Brett in that it's easy to completely forget about him, due to how uninteresting his stories are.
- Brainless Beauty: Corey is considered to be a physically attractive guy but he does not seem to be very smart, intelligent or brainy. He is also one of the weakest strategists in the game. All in all, he comes off as a athletic and competitive guy who has no clue about what is really going on in the game. He needs to depend on other houseguests (such as Paul and Paulie) for strategy and game instinct. He definitely fits the Dumb Jock trope.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Corey comes across as quirky and out there, but there have been some houseguests who have stated that he is actually huge threat in the game, mostly because he is very clutch at winning competitions. It is uncertain if Corey is actually smart and is doing a good job of hiding it with the use of strategy or if he really is the Dumb Jock and doesn't have to use strategy to fool people. He is actually very similar to Hayden in this regard.
- Butt-Monkey: Corey has been a Have Not for a total of three times in seven weeks. To be exact, Corey has been a Have Not twice in a row! This is considered bad for Corey because he has said that he has had issues with sleeping at night due to the uncomfortableness of the bumper cars. The bumper cars are uncomfortable for Corey to sleep in because he is too tall to fit into them. Therefore, every time he is a Have Not, not only does he not get to eat any good food, but he also does not get enough sleep and always ends up extremely exhausted.
- The Charmer: He's mostly seen either hanging with Nicole or doing physical activities. Despite this, Corey's personality leaves much to be desired, since he doesn't really seem to have one. All he has going for him is his physical appearance.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Definitely has shades of this. Corey can come off as pretty odd and out of touch a lot of the time. He even got easily confused in the Week 1 sandcastle puzzle competition, mostly because of the differences between the round and corner pieces they were supposed to assemble.
- Creator's Pet: He is given a lot of screentime compared to the more liked houseguests such as Paul, Victor and Natalie. A very good example is that Corey who only cleaned the house once gets a cleaning segment while Victor who has been cleaning the house for months has not been noticed by the editors. His showmance with Nicole is promoted heavily by Big Brother and now he appears on an ad for the CBS Store's Big Brother section over fan favorites (and veto winners) Bridgette, Victor and Paul. Allegedly, the Week 11 veto was rigged for her and Corey. They even acknowledged this on the live feeds.Nicole: "I didn't find the key until they told me where it was. I didn't know it floated until they told me it floated. The worst."Corey: "Yeah they said get the pipe on the wall. Then use the gutter and line up the water into the key."
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Corey seems to be zany, off beat, and a Cloudcuckoolander who has absolutely no clue what is going on in the game most of the time, but he is/was actually part of the strongest duo in the game (with Paulie). He may not be overly good at strategy and he doesn't have the power of manipulation or persuasion that Paulie or even Paul do, but he has actually proven himself to be a worthy contender competitively. Corey has been seen as a floater or a coaster by the audience and fans have commmented (more like complained) about useless Corey is in the game and how he doesn't really contribute to the game. However, as of the recent Weeks (Week 7 in particular), he showed that he can compete and can be very clutch at winning competitions. Some of the other houseguests, such as Paul, Victor, James, and Natalie, have stated that they see Corey is a huge competitive or physical threat.
- Cute Clumsy Guy: Corey comes off as very clumsy and awkward at times. He appears this way because he is very awkward in how he carries himself. He is also very tall (he's 6'5" or 6'6") so he appears very gangly. Corey came off as very awkward when trying to adjust himself to fit in the bumper cars when he was a Have Not.
- Death Glare: Corey often gives these towards people he does not like or trust. He gave these numerous times to Jozea, showing that he had strong contempt for him.
- Deadpan Snarker: Corey is probably the most deadpan houseguest in the house. Even when he tries to say something funny or witty, he comes off as totally serious.
- Distracted by the Sexy: A possible reason why he didn't last long in the sprinting Veto challenge because he was distracted by "Coach" Nicole.
- The Dragon: For Paulie. Corey has been Paulie's biggest ally in the house since the start of the game. He could basically be considered the Cody to Paulie's Derrick, as there is a strong Undying Loyalty between the two. They have been aligned with one another since Day 1. However, it seems that Corey has been pushed back as Paulie's #2 or backup ally as Paul seems to have taken over Corey's spot as Paulie's right hand man. Since Paul has turned on Paulie, Corey is back to being Paulie's #1 true ally in the game as he has Undying Loyalty to him. He's also The Dragon to Nicole, being the brawn to her brains, albeit not as effective as Paul and Victor.
- Co-Dragons: Corey was this alongside Paul, Victor, James, Zakiyah, and Nicole, as they were all working for Paulie. It seems that as of Week 7 and 8, Corey is this along with Nicole since Paulie's other minions have either been evicted (Zakiyah) or they have completely turned against him (Paul, Victor, James).
- The Creon: Corey doesn't seem to have any interest in breaking free from his his second in command or Number Two role to Paulie. Even after Paulie is evicted, he ends up continuing to play second in command to Nicole. Once Paulie is gone, Corey replaces Paulie with Nicole.
- Dragon Ascendant: Corey will become this once Paulie is evicted after Week 8. He will want to get revenge on those who turned their back on him, Paulie and Nicole. His major targets seem to be Paul and Victor, although he doesn't seem to have a problem with going after James and Michelle as well. Since Corey had Undying Loyalty to Paulie and felt that the rest of the house screwed him and Paulie over, Corey is likely to step up his competitive game and take out the ones who backstabbed him. If Corey plays his cards right and does not end up being evicted after Paulie (which is expected), Corey might make it all the way to the end since he seems to have some fight in him.
- Dragon Their Feet: Corey may become this if Paulie is evicted in Week 8. It seems that Paulie has become the main target with Corey and Nicole as back targets shall Paulie win the POV and takes himself off the block. It is more than likely that if Paulie ends up going to Jury, then Corey will try to avenge the eviction of his ally Paulie by trying to take out the people who had him and Paulie nominated (Paul and Victor).
- Noble Top Enforcer: Corey is much, much nicer than Paulie. In fact, while Paulie is more of a Jerk Jock who is cocky, arrogant, and egotistical with a Control Freak personality, Corey is more of a Lovable Jock, who is calm, laid back and a generally Nice Guy despite his problematic tendencies. He is no where near mean spirited and vile as Paulie and there have been instances when Corey has disagreed with Paulie's behaviour towards the other houseguests. Even though Paulie is The Leader and the one pulling the strings and controlling the game, it is often Corey who has to pull Paulie aside and calm him down whenever he becomes overly passionate or upset about something.
- Number Two: Corey is considered to be Paulie's number one ally and his right hand man in the game. In their two man alliance, Paulie is considered to be The Leader while Corey is considered to be The Lancer. Personality wise, they compliment each other. Paulie is more Hot-Blooded, aggressive, dominating, impulsive and emotional with a Control Freak personality while Corey is The Stoic, calm, emotionless, laid back, aloof and The Quiet One. The two have been in an alliance with each other since Day 1. As a result, they have Undying Loyalty to each other and the two are Bash Brothers and True Companions who have each other's backs.
- Villainous Friendship: Corey seems to have Undying Loyalty to Paulie in the game, not just because Paulie is a strong player and not out of duty or responsibility. Corey is loyal to Paulie because they are Bash Brothers who are actually very close on a personal level. Paulie has even called Corey his brother and has a very protective Big Brother Instinct towards him. In many ways, Corey is a Cody substitute for Paulie. Paulie and Corey were each other's number one ally in the game despite the both of them having other allies other than each other. It is very apparent that Paulie and Corey have a very strong personal bond and relationship with each other and the two took it very hard when they were nominated alongside each other. Paulie had even stated that he did not want to campaign against Corey to stay.
- Dramatic Irony: For all the effort Nicole and Corey put into their showmance and to getting rid of victor, Nicole eventually ended up breaking things off with Corey and dating Victor. Long story short, Nicole discovered the things about Corey the fans weren't happy with, and she broke up with him. Looks like Corey's been left hanging high and dry. On top of that, the last time Nicole was in a showmance with someone, it also fizzled out, and that time it even cost her the game.
- Dude, Not Funny!: Some live feed viewers took offense to the jokes that Corey made in Week 1 about some of his frat brothers' interactions with animals that constitute as abusive.
- Dumb Jock/Dumb Muscle: Corey is strongly athletic and competitive, but he is not very intelligent or sharp and he comes off as rather dim witted at times. It is safe to say that in this game, strategy and game instincts are definitely not his strong suit. He has to have Paulie tell him what to do or what would be considered good strategy in the game. So far, he has won a total of five competitions, but his strategic game is severely lacking. Although Nicole is no strategist either, it seems that Nicole is always trying to tell him what to do on a strategic level. Although both Corey and Nicole come off as dumb, it seems that Nicole has been the one carrying the two of them on a strategic level while Corey has been carrying them on a competitive level (although Nicole is no slouch in the competitive department since she has been going on a comp win streak the last few weeks).
- Everything Is Big in Texas: Corey is the largest and tallest houseguest of the season (Corey is 6'5") and he originally comes from Texas. He is most definitely The Big Guy of the season. It is uncertain if he could classify as being a Genius Bruiser because it seems as though Corey is not all that bright. Even though he is strongly athletic, it's questionable if he has one ounce of strategy.
- Gender-Blender Name: The name Corey is actually a unisex name. Both males and females can be given the name Corey. Despite it being a unisex name, however, it is more common name among males, especially with this particular spelling. The feminine version is normally spelt "Cori" or "Corie".
- Genius Bruiser: A Subverted Trope. Corey is very athletic and competitive, but he does not seem to be particularly brainy or strategic int he game.He fits more of the Dumb Jock trope, someone who is a good athlete but does not have that much in the way of intelligence. However, it could be assumed that Corey is actually a lot smarter than he appears to be and he could be dumbing himself down as a strategy.
- Genius Ditz: While Corey is reasonably solid or strong at competitions (in particular, physical competitions), he does not seem to have anything in the way of game instinct and logic. He has to depend on people like Paulie and even NICOLE of all people, who is not all that smart herself, for some understanding of strategy in the game. Corey is definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed. In fact, it seems that Corey isn't even in the shed at all.
- Gentle Giant: Corey is The Big Guy but he is also a reasonably calm and Nice Guy. Corey does not seem to be the type of guy that looses his temper quickly. He is not an intimidating tall guy and he has a generally calm and even temperament. Going by his interactions with Nicole, he is also a big time cuddler as well. He seems to be the opposite of Austin Matelson (from Big Brother 17), who was also 6'5" like Corey but seemed to look more intimidating than Corey. Corey probbaly looks less intimidating than Austin because Corey is a very clean cut all-American guy while Austin looks like he is unkempt and unhygenic.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Corey is the Huge Guy to Nicole's Tiny Girl. While Corey is super tall and The Big Guy (he is 6'5" or 6'6"), Nicole is Fun Size who is really petite in stature (she is between 5'0" and 5'3"). Whenever the two of them are standing next to each other, the height difference between the two of them extremely noticeable. Some fans even say that because Corey is so big and tall next to Nicole that he sometimes makes Nicole look like she is a kid or a little girl. The height difference between Nicole and Corey is the opposite of James and Natalie, who are both Fun Size and are both short.
- Icy Blue Eyes: Corey seems to have very piercing blue eyes. They can be particularly scary when he is giving a Death Glare towards someone, in which he gave to Jozea constantly. Corey's blue eyes are also noticeable when he is staring off into space. His eyes could definitely be considered his most noticeable defining feature.
- Irrational Hatred: Corey seemed to display this towards both Jozea and Da'Vonne. Although, it is understandable why Corey had a strong dislike towards Jozea, since Jozea was such an intolerable personality and almost everyone in the house hated him on a personal level. Corey mentioned that Jozea also got under his skin because he would constantly make inappropriate comments about Corey's sexuality and he felt that Jozea crossed the line. Corey also disliked Jozea's know it all personality and how he constantly bragged about how amazing of a person he is. In addition, Corey has also had an unreasonable dislike for Da'Vonne and he has made it his mission to constantly trash talk her behind her back as well as target her repeatedly. Corey's strong dislike of Da'Vonne could be because Corey had heard that Da'Vonne had wanted to put him on the block so that he could split him and Nicole up and break up the showmances (also including James and Natalie and Paulie and Zakiyah). To add, Corey seems to also have a strong dislike and hatred for Natalie. He has repeatedly stated that he does not like her because she seems like she is very spoiled and entitled and acts like a princess who has everything handed to her. Corey has said that he also finds Natalie to be a very fake person and that she constantly plays the victim card when she does not get what she wants.
- Lovable Jock: Corey is athletic and a base ball player. He's also a reasonably Nice Guy for the most part. He is very similar to Hayden Voss (from Big Brother 16) who was a hockey player. Like Hayden, he is a bit out there, quirky, offbeat and a bit of a Cloudcuckoolander. Corey also seems to be a reasonably humble and down to earth guy and doesn't seem like the type to show off his muscles and his athleticism. In fact, Corey seems to be very modest about his athletic abilities as well as his ability to win competitions. Both Hayden and Corey have never used their athleticism and their athletic prowess to intimidate any of the other houseguests. Personality wise, Corey is considered to be the opposite of Paulie, who is most definitely a Jerk Jock, because he is very aggressive, cocky, arrogant and brash. Paulie is also very cocky in comparison to Corey, because he constantly brags and talks about how amazing of a competitor he is and how he bred for the game. While Corey is more of The Stoic, someone who is very chill, calm, laid back, Paulie is more Hot-Blooded, someone who is very dominating, controlling, aggressive and passionate. Considering that Corey and Paulie were athletes or jocks and their personalities could not be more different, it was questionable as to why Corey was even aligned with someone like Paulie in the first place.
- Mr. Fanservice: Enough of an example that Nicole is always Distracted by the Sexy when around him. Corey is a physically attractive guy and he has a lot of shirtless moments in the house. More commonly than not, he is seen not wearing a shirt. In fact, he seems to rival Paulie for being the most shirtless while in the house. Nicole constantly gushes about how hot, cute or physically appealing she finds Corey and she is always showering him with many compliments (too bad that Corey rarely, if ever, seems to return the favor to Nicole).
- Non-Action Guy: Only early in the game. Corey didn't seem like he was that much of a competitor, despite being an athletic guy. However, in the later weeks, he really picked up his competitiveness and started to win competitions on clutch. As of Week 11, Corey has racked up a total of five competition wins and he seems to be going on a comp win streak. He could now definitely be classified as an Action Hero. Although Corey lacks strategy and doesn't seem to have that strong of a social game (what true bonds or relationships did he really form with any of the other houseguests besides Paulie and Nicole?), he does have his strength in competitions going for him.
- Sleep Walking: In his intro package, Corey admits to sleepwalking quite frequently. An instance he particularly cites being having once even woken up under a car at a 7-Eleven parking lot wearing only underwear. He has been seen to sleep walk in the house, which causes the other houseguests to be very disturbed and confused by his behaviour. He has also mumbled weird things in his sleep, including something about Harry Potter.
- The Stoic: Corey comes off as very aloof and unemotional. He comes across as very serious and detached. Even when he interacts with Nicole, there are times where he' seems like he may be disinterest in her because he holds back on showing affection at times.
- Undying Loyalty: To Paulie and Nicole. For Corey, these two seem to be his ride or die. He will do absolutely anything and everything to protect them. Corey is considered to be Paulie's number one ally in the game and the two clearly have a strong bond and trust. And Nicole is Corey's showmance partner in the game so he automatically feels the need to protect her.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Rivals Paulie for the most scenes witnessed topless.
Victor Arroyo Tercero Martinez III (Juror #07)
Victor Arroyo Tercero Martinez III (Juror #07)
Born: Apr 20th, 1991 (age at time of competition: 25)
Hometown: Slidell, LA
Current City Of Residence: Slidell, LA
Occupation: Gym Manager
Number Of HOH Wins: 3
Number Of POV Wins: 1
Number Of Roadkill Wins: 1
Other Competitions Won: 3 Rounds of Battle Back, Jury Buy Back
Number Of Times Nominated: 2
Number Of Times As Have-Not: 2
Prizes Won: $500, Tech Package, America's Favorite Houseguest ($25,000)
Team: Team Unicorn (James, Bronte, Natalie, Victor)
Finished: 14th Place (1st Time/Won Battle Back); 7th Place (2nd Time/Won Jury Buy Back); 5th Place (3rd/Last Time) [7TH JUROR]
Evicted: 9-1-0 VS. BRONTE and TIFFANY (1st Time); 2-1 VS. COREY (2nd Time); 2-0 VS. PAUL (3rd/Last Time)
HOH/POV Evicted Under: PAULIE (HOH/POV), NATALIE-PAUL (HOH/POV), COREY-NICOLE (HOH/POV)
Voted For (As Jury Member): PAUL
- 100% Adoration Rating: Victor has become one of the most popular and well liked houseguests, especially since he has returned to the game after winning the Battle Back. A lot of fans love Victor because they think he has a great pesonality and mostly because he is an underdog in the game. They are also a fan of him because he has proven to be an honest and loyal player and they respect that he is also a competitor who fights hard to stay in the game. James was the one houseguest who originally claimed this trope in the beginning, but since James has Took a Level in Jerkass and has become more of an Anti-Hero, Victor has become the most likeable houseguest amongst fans. He did end up winning America's Favorite Houseguest over James and Natalie.
- The Ace: Victor is the strongest competitor in the house as he has won numerous competitions. He also has a decent social game and is a very likeable individual. He is also physically attractive, has a nice and decent personality, sophisticated, well spoken and also a clean and neat person. What is there not to like about him? Plus, he seems to have a near 100% Adoration Rating and he could possibly be in the running to win America's Favorite Houseguest if online polls are anything to go by.
- Action Hero: Victor is the strongest competitor in the game. He has won a total of 10 competitions (if you count the Battle Back and the Jury Buy Back competitions). He is a Competition Freak who loves to compete. In his duo with Paul, Victor is the Brawn (the half of the duo who wins all of the competitions) while Paul is the Brains (the one who is the strategist and plans out all the game moves).
- Adorkable: Despite being an athletic jock who likes to lift weights, Victor definitely has his dorky, endearing and cute moments from time to time. Some fans even feel that Victor's laugh can be very endearing, because it is so unique and different. There's also the fact that even though he is athletic, he is a little on the brainy or nerdy side, although he does seem to try to conceal this. It helps that he Took a Level in Kindness when he returned to the house and became more likeable and sociable with the other houseguests.
- Agent Peacock: Victor is muscular and athletically built. He seems to take pride in his physical appearance and comes off as a bit of a gym junkie or a gym rat. Victor definitely has shades of being metrosexual.
- All Love Is Unrequited: Played straight in regards to his feelings and relationship with Natalie. Victor actually had a short term fling with Natalie at the start of the game. They seemed to be very into each other, but it turns out that Victor was not really into Natalie at all and their showmance was unrequited and one sided n his behalf. However, Natalie did have feelings for Victor and she felt deeply hurt when he had rejected her. The fallout from the short term fling managed to bother Natalie for weeks and she consistently talked about Victor mistreating her in the house.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: Subverted Trope. Despite being a very strong competitor and one of the most athletic guys in the house, he is actually not overly cocky and arrogant about his competitiveness and his ability to win competitions. In comparison to Paulie, Victor is very humble. However, Victor has commented about how many competitions he has won so far (6 in total) on occasion and seems to show pride in his wins.
- Back from Eviction/My Greatest Second Chance: Victor is the champion of the Battle Back twist. He won a total of three rounds of the Battle Back competition to earn his way back into the game, beating out Jozea, Bronte and Tiffany.
- And then again, immediately after being voted out, he manages to fight his way back in in the second Battle Back competition of the season. It is no wonder who Victor has been nicknamed by the fans as "Un-eVICtable", because he basically keeps coming back into the game and has nine lives.
- Badass Beard: Sports some facial hair and is one of the best competitors of the season. Victor definitely doesn't have a noticeable beard like Paul's, though.
- Badass Bookworm: Despite not being the strongest in terms of strategy in the game and not always having the best game instincts, Victor is actually rather book smart. According to him, he has a Finance Degree and he worked in Finance. In all actuality, Victor was actually a nerdy and intelligent guy who was very similar to Steve Moses (the winner of Big Brother 17) in both looks and personality. But just by looking at the way he looks now, nobody would ever guess that Victor was actually a nerdy guy who worked with numbers. With Victor being physically built, he could classify as a Genius Bruiser.
- Bash Brothers: With Paul. Paul was undoubtedly Victor's closest ally as well as his close friend in the house. The two have an strong undyingLoyalty to one another and have expressed their desire to go to the end of the game together. Paul and Victor also have a strong relationship and bond with each other, which only makes their relationship stronger. Victor was also this with Jozea but to a lesser extent.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Vic is a generally Nice Guy. However, it is not wise to betray him or cross him in any way. He does have a bit of a temper (although he does not let it show all that often). An example is when Corey had nominated him and Paul for eviction at the Final 5. When Victor was blindsided by Corey nominating him (especially against his number one ally), Victor let Corey (and Nicole) know that he was not happy with their decision and that he was very angered and frustrated. He also flat out told Corey and Nicole that if somehow managed to stay in the game, he would be ruthless and relentless in his approach and he will be gunning for them hard. As stated, Victor is very calm, cool and collected and is a harmonious guy in general, but it is not a good idea to piss him off. He will definitely give his opinion and it won't be pleasant.
- Big Brother Instinct: Towards Paul. The two have a very close relationship and Victor obviously sees Paul as a little brother that he has to look out for and protect. It is clear that Victor is older than Paul because it is always Victor that is the more level headed and calmer of the two. Victor is always trying to keep Paul in check and make sure that he does not go over the edge. Totally something a big brother would do for a little brother.
- The Big Easy: Victor originally hails from the New Orleans suburb of Slidell, Louisiana.
- Big Good: Victor has taken over this role from James, who has become more of an Anti-Hero. Since Victor has come back the first time around (he won three rounds of Battle Back to have a second chance at the game), he had Took a Level in Kindness and became one of the most decent and respectable houseguests of the season. While some other houseguests were originally thought of as nice, kind or popular and eventually Took a Level in Jerkass (people like James, Natalie and Paulie for example), Victor did a complete reversal of his personality from early on in the game. Victor became more sociable with the other houseguests and he has proven to be a very kind and understanding individual. Victor could definitely be considered The Hero of the later part of the season and he is definitely in the running to win America's Favorite Houseguest (along with possibly James, Natalie, Paul and Bridgette) if he does not make it to the end of the game.
- The Big Guy: Victor is not a tall guy like Corey or Frank but he is one of the physically larger set male houseguests in that he is very muscular and athletically built. Victor seems to have reasonably larger muscles and he has somewhat of a Heroic Build. Although he is no shrimp in the height department either (he is approximately 6'0").
- Big Eater: Victor is the biggest eater of the season. Most of the houseguests have complained about Victor eating up all of the food and not sparing any of it for the rest of the houseguests. Victor probably eats a lot because he is very physically active and requires a lot of calories.
- Brains and Brawn: Victor is the Brawn to Paul's Brains. While Victor is more of an Action Hero who is physically competitive and is capable of winning a lot of competitions, Paul is more of The Strategist and Guile Hero who depends on his game instincts, manipulation and strategy to get ahead in the game. As a result, Paul and Victor are a complementary duo because each has what the other lacks. That does not mean that Victor isn't smart and that Paul isn't a competitive threat though.
- Brainless Beauty: Victor is physically attractive but he does not seem to be overly intelligent or strategic in the game. His strengths seem to be his decent social game and his strong competitive abilities. Could be Obfuscating Stupidity since he beat Bronte in a memory competition. Ultimately subverted. While he's not exactly good at the game, he's got a master's degree in finance, and actually fits a more muscular nerd in some ways given that he reads a lot when he's not working out. It could be implied Victor used to be heavyset and the reason he works out so much is because he doesn't want to seem unattractive to the girls, making his biggest vice his vanity.
- Breakout Character: Since returning to the game from the Battle Back, Victor has become increasingly popular and well liked by the fans. Many people are rooting for him (and Paul) mostly because he is very likeable, is a very strong competitor and works hard in the game, and is the biggest underdog of the house right now. Plus, it helps that people find his relationships with Paul and Michelle really endearing.
- The Casanova: Openly stated in his intro that he wanted to flirt his way though the game. He also was happy that he was free to flirt with women outside of his parents' house, a place which he also acknowledged didn't leave him much room to bring women home, given that he lives with not only his parents, but his sisters and baby nephew.
- Competition Freak: Victor is obviously the strongest competitor in the game overall. Many of the other houseguests have commented how Victor is a huge competition threat and that he would be very hard to beat at the end. He has won a total of 7 competition wins (3 rounds of Battle Back, 1 Roadkill, 2 Head of Households, and 1 Power of Veto).
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: It seem as though Victor may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but he is actually a lot smarter than he lets on. More than anything, he is a case of Obfuscating Stupidity. Although he is more of a physical threat because he is physically built and athletic, he can actually prove that he can win mental competitions as well (such as when he beat Bronte in a memory competition during one of the rounds of the Battle Back competition). Victor may seem like a Brainless Beauty who doesn't have any clue about the game or may seem like he is not that strategic or smart, but it is apparent that he is actually rather sharp and smart. He may be trying to appear as a Dumb Jock as strategy to throw off the other houseguests.
- The Cutie: The guy's grown to be very idealistic and endearing, not to mention more likeable after returning from the Battle Back competition. He's very handsome, and also has shown he's quite capable of being a Nice Guy.
- The Dandy: Victor is very looks conscious and he cares about his physical appearance. He makes it his mission to look his very best. Not surprising that he spends a lot of time grooming himself and working out to keep his body in shape. In some ways, Victor has shades of being metrosexual.
- The Determinator: Victor is very competitive and HE NEVER GIVES UP. He is a fighter and he has shown extreme persistence and determination when he wants to win something. Because of Victor's determination and persistence, some of the houseguests have viewed him as a huge threat.
- The Dog Bites Back: In Week 7, Victor nominated Paulie alongside his number one ally Corey. Victor felt that it was the time to get back at Paulie for back dooring him and evicting him in Week 2. Victor even went out of his way to blindside Paulie (and Corey) before nominations. Paulie getting evicted under Victor's Head of Household reign was a big dose of Laser-Guided Karma for Paulie. In addition, all of Paulie's allies, including Victor himself, turned on Paulie.
- The Dragon: For Paulie. Victor has expressed during his Diary Room sessions that his loyalty lies with Paulie and Paul. Which is interesting considering that Paulie was the one that evicted Victor early on in the season. Much of Victor's reasons for wanting to work with Paulie is because he seems to be on board with having an all guys Final 5. Victor even created an all guys alliance with Paulie, Corey, James and Paul called "The Executives".
- Co-Dragons: Victor was this along with Paul, Corey, Nicole, Zakiyah, and James for Paulie. Victor aligned with Paulie when he returned to the game and had pledged a degree of loyalty to him. His number one ally and friend in the house still seemed to be Paul though.
- Dragon Ascendant: Like Paul, Victor could become this if Paulie is evicted in Week 8. He is currently The Starscream, having turned on Paulie along with Paul because he has stated that he feels that Paulie was disloyal to him and did not have any intentions of taking him to the end (which is true). It's possible that Paul and Victor may become the new Paulie and Corey respectively, as Paul has already started controlling Victor and his game and Victor is falling into line with what Paul wants.
- Dragon with an Agenda: Victor seemed to have every intention of staying loyal to his alliance with Paulie and Paul in particular, along with the two other guys James and Corey. However, when Victor won Head of Household in Week 7, he nominated Michelle and Zakiyah with Zakiyah being his intended target. Victor wanted Zakiyah out but Paulie wanted Michelle out.Victor stated that he wanted Zakiyah out because he felt that she would nominate him if she won Head off Household (she would have...) and that he just did click with her on a personal level. Paulie, on the other hand, wanted Michelle out because he felt that she was a huge threat to his game and he was also aware that Michelle was a Wild Card who was unpredictable and could blow up his game at any instant (she managed to do so..). It is clear that although they were allies and had intentions of going to Final 5 together, they clearly had different game agendas.
- Noble Top Enforcer: Victor has a much nicer personality than Paulie. In fact, many fans were questioning why Victor was even aligned with someone like Paulie considering that their personalities are so different. Even though Victor definitely displayed some problematic behaviour and tendencies in the beginning of the game, he was still a pretty decent guy underneath. Much of Victor's negative behaviour had a lot to do with Jozea's influence. In comparing Victor and Paulie, Victor is a more calm and collected Lovable Jock while Paulie is a hot headed and controlling Jerk Jock.
- The Starscream: As of Week 7 and 8, he has completely turned on Paulie and has nominated him alongside his number one ally Corey. Victor turned on Paulie because he felt that Paulie was disloyal to him and had no intentions of honoring their all guys alliance to the Final 5. Not to mention that Victor feels that Paulie is such a strong competitor and he sees that as a huge obstacle for him to get to the end. There's also the fact that Victor felt that he could not have complete trust in Paulie, because he was directly responsible for his first eviction when Paulie back doored him during his HOH reign.
- Dumb Jock/Dumb Muscle: Victor comes off as a muscle head who does not have much in the way or brains or intelligence. However, this could be considered an Averted Trope, as Victor has stated that he does have a degree in Finance and he did beat Bronte, who is a mathematician, in a memory competition during the Battle Back competition. Victor could classify as more Obfuscating Stupidity, someone who appears as though they do not have much intelligence but is actually a lot smarter than he looks or seems.
- Emotional Bruiser: Victor may be a physically fit and athletic guy with muscles but underneath it all, Victor is actually a huge softy and he has a sensitive side.
- Fatal Flaw: Victor is way too honest and open about his gameplay. It ultimately puts a target on his back by Week 2, and it lead to his backdoor eviction. When he returns to the game, he seems to fix this flaw and is able to keep quiet about his game and his intentions.
- Fighting Your Friend: Laments on how in the second phase of the Battle Back he has to battle his bud, Jozea. He ended up beating him in the end.
- Genius Bruiser: Averted Trope. Although it appears as though Victor is not overly intelligent and is just an athletic and physical guy, he is actually a Badass Bookworm who is book smart. Although Victor rarely shows off his intelligent and nerdy side and mostly showcases his physical and athletic side. He could be hiding his intelligence for strategic reasons, so that he is not seen as a threat who is both brainy and brawny.
- Genius Ditz: While Victor seems to be a very physical and athletic guy who is good at excelling in competitions, he is not necessarily the strongest in terms of strategy and social game. Strategy and manipulation seems to be Paul's forte. This does not in any way mean that Victor is dumb, because he is smart in other ways. Even Paul proclaims that he is the brains to Victor's brawn in their two man dynamic duo.
- Gratuitous Spanish: Victor does this in a DR entry during the third round of the Battle Back competition, when illustrating his confusion over which described object applies to which houseguest in the photos flashing on the video screen.
- Heroic Build: Victor is the most athletically built male houseguest of the season next to Paulie and Corey.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Paul. The two are Bash Brothers in the game and they have a very close relationship in the game. The two have Undying Loyalty to each other. Fans even recognize that they have a very strong relationship and bond with each other and refer to them as a solid "bromance". Victor and Paul are so incredibly bromantic that they even bicker and communicate with each other Like an Old Married Couple.
- Hot-Blooded: Victor definitely has his moments of being a little hot headed and passionate at times. However, for the most part, he is rather calm and collected. Victor will only get heated if he is provoked into anger or if he feels like he was slighted or betrayed in some way. An example of Victor showing off his temper was after Jozea was unexpectedly blindsided and evicted.
- Keet/Large Ham: Is largely this in the battle back competition being extremely energetic and fun loving, while also hamming it up for the cameras when he wins, almost like a pro wrestler. Too bad he didn't get to show this side of himself in the house. When he comes back in we get to see it though.
- Latin Lover: Ultimately averted game-wise. He is inferred in his intro package to be one, and initially seems as if he's attempting to be this in the house, showing strong interest in several of the women... especially Natalie. Considering he was the third one evicted, Victor didn't get much of a chance to gain a flirtmance or a showmance.
- Looks Like Jesus: Many fans have actually made references to Victor resembling Jesus because he has long hair.
- Lovable Jock: Even guys have admitted Victor is gorgeous and likeable, not to mention nicer than Paulie, if a bit Hot-Blooded at times.
- Manly Tears: Shedded a few when Jozea left. He even stated in the DR entry in which he did this that he wouldn't normally cry, but couldn't help it on account of Jozea being his closest ally.
- Nice Guy: After coming back from the Battle Back competition, Victor has shown to be a very compassionate and mellow guy. While he is muscular, he's actually a big softie with a close relationship with another male houseguest just like Steven Moses (John in Steven's case, and Paul in Victor's case) of last season.
- Those Two Guys/True Companions: With Paul, of course. Paul is by far Victor's closest friend and ally in the game and the two have Undying Loyalty to each other.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Definitely became much more humble and sociable after he came back into the house by winning the Battle Back. It could be argued that Natalie's goodbye message to him when he was evicted could have had some influence or some effect on Victor changing his attitude.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Jozea and Paul.
- Will Not Tell a Lie: One of the reasons Jozea was targeted was because Victor told Nicole, the HOH at the time, that the newbies plan to remain together and that Jozea is deadset on eliminating the veterans. Nicole acknowledged that this wasn't the brightest move since it effectively threw a target on the newbies. After winning the second Roadkill Challenge, he decided to tell the HOH (Frank), who plans to backdoor him, that he won.
Natalia Mercedes "Natalie" Negrotti (Juror #06)
Natalia Mercedes "Natalie" Negrotti (Juror #06)
Born: Mar 22nd, 1990 (age at time of competition: 26)
Hometown: Caracas, Venezuela
Current City Of Residence: Franklin Park, NJ
Occupation: Event Coordinator
Number Of HOH Wins: 1
Number Of POV Wins: 0
Number Of Times Nominated: 2
Number Of Times As Have-Not: 2
Prizes Won: America's Care Package #1 (Never Not Pass)
Team: Team Unicorn (James, Bronte, Natalie, Victor)
Finished: 6th Place [6TH JUROR]
Evicted: 3-0 VS. JAMES
HOH/POV Evicted Under: VICTOR (HOH), COREY (POV)
Voted For (As Jury Member): NICOLE
- Adorkable: Natalie is very likeable and endearing. She also has her quirky and offbeat moments as well. These qualities or traits make it very easy to root for her. However, it could be seen as a Subverted Trope as of lately. It is uncertain and questionable if this "cute persona" that Natalie has is even the real Natalie or if it is just a facade that she is using as strategy or to appear a certain way to America. With her constant pandering to America and her endless need to campaign for America's Favorite Houseguest votes, it is uncertain if Natalie is actually the sweet and nice girl that she constantly claims to be. Many of the other houseguests, including Corey, Nicole, Paul, Paulie, Zakiyah, and even Victor, have had some kind of issue with her, which definitely raises red flags and may give us a clue that Natalie is not all that easy to live with and she may have a rather intolerable personality. Even James, her own showmance partner, has expressed having numerous issues with Natalie and even he has become fed up with her behavior. There are some fans who even feel that Natalie is faking her nice personality. They feel that she is very fake and is actually more of an Alpha Bitch or a Bitch in Sheep's Clothing, despite her constantly trying to proclaim what a good and kind person she is.
- Affably Evil/Faux Affably Evil: Natalie comes off as though she is really nice and friendly to everyone, but she has proven in the recent weeks that she is actually very scheming, conniving and ruthless. Natalie is not as sweet and kind as she tries too pass herself off to be. Plus, she is the type to pretend to be friendly to someone's face, but then lie about them, stab them in the back and trash talk them behind their back with a smile on her face. All in all, Natalie is just as catty as Michelle, although she does a better job at hiding her manipulativeness and cattiness. She may be nice to Paul's face and pretend to be his friend, but when Paul is not in her presence, she resorts to personally attacking him and bashing his character constantly. Her pettiness regarding Paul has become so personal that she even questioned Paul's religion along with Michelle simply because he had certain beliefs about Heaven and Hell. She has constantly attacked Victor and bashed his character repeatedly for no reason, even though she seems nice to his face. During the week of Zakiyah's eviction, Natalie told Zakiyah about Paulie possibly using her, but it is discovered later on that Natalie did not tell Zakiyah about Paulie and his intentions out of the goodness of her heart. She did so with malicious intent because she wanted to turn Paulie and Zakiyah against each other and she wanted Zakiyah to hate Paulie so that Paulie would not be able to defend himself. Natalie also seems to be using James for strategy, mostly because she recognizes that James was a huge fan favorite with America last season. She seems to be takijng advantage of him and playing hot and cold with him, which has led some fans to feel that Natalie is manipulating James and even emotionally abusing him with her manipulative behaviour. In turn, Natalie's petty behaviour has made James the somewhat disliked dark Anti-Hero he has become lately. It's apparent that Natalie has a negative influence on everyone she comes in contact with.
- Alliterative Name: Both her first and last name start with "N". Her first name is Natalie and her last name is Negrotti.
- Alpha Bitch: Originally, it was thought that Natalie was a Nice Girl who kind to everyone but it turns out her true colors have been showing and she has proven to he one of the cattiest, bitchiest and meanest female houseguests of the season. She is one of the biggest trash talkers and cattiest women in the house next to Michelle. She constantly trash talks and gossips about the other houseguests and has even bashed a few of the female houseguests behind their back. It makes Natalie somewhat of a hypocrite because she has been advocating for girls to align with each other and take out the male houseguests, yet she constantly talks badly about the women in the house. however, despite her trash talking of some of the women, her main targets are the male houseguests. She will bash their characters by calling all of them jerks, yet she will resort to using her sexuality and flirting with them and then turning around and using it against them later on when she wants them out (she did this with Victor, Paulie, Paul and James). What makes it even worse is that Natalie constantly tries to pretend that she is sweet and friendly to someone's face, but then she will turn around and bash someone behind their back. She also frequently resorts to using the victim card to get her way and she is very emotionally manipulative. Natalie fits the Type 2 personality as she is a Bitch in Sheep's Clothing who can be sweet and friendly to your face but catty and mean behind your back. She appears to be The Ditz, someone who doesn't seem that smart and cunning, but will occassionally show that she is much smarter and cunning than one would expect. If one wants to reference Mean Girls, Natalie would be highly comparable to Regina George.
- Badass Adorable: Natalie may be sweet and likeable and petite, but she is definitely not to be underestimated. She has proven that she can compete and will not back down from a challenge if it is thrown at her. Natalie managed to put up a huge fight against Victor in the Week 7 HOH competition, even though she lost to him. She is also a lot smarter than people think she is and her reads on the house have been pretty accurate for the most part.
- Bait the Dog: Comes off as a nice person and seemed like she would be the sweetest houseguest since the start of the game but as of Weeks 8 and 9, she has shown that she is really catty and bitchy. Originally, it seemed as though Natalie was not the type to trash talk other people behind their back but she seems to have little to no problem resorting to that method. Case in point, she is not as nice and sweet as she tries to come across. She is probably one of the cattiest female houseguests next to Michelle. The only difference is that Natalie managed to keep that side of her hidden for so long. But since she received power (HOH), she has shown to be an Entitled Bitch with Alpha Bitch tendencies. It is, therefore, not surprising that Paulie referred to Natalie as being a Spoiled "Venezualan Princess". She seems to have some self absorbed and self centred qualities about her. Plus, there are many fans who question whether or not Natalie is just using James for her own benefit or advantage.
- Bare Your Midriff: Like Zakiyah, Natalie seems to have a penchant for wearing tops that reveal her stomach or midriff. It comes with the territory, since Natalie seems to love wearing revealing clothing. Not to mention that many of Natalie's clothes are very "Stripperiffic in nature, so her wearing clothing that is revealing of her midriff is not surprising. Natalie is also The Cheerleader, therefore, it is understandable why she wore alot of tops that exposed her tummy. Her revealing attire definitely puts her in Ms. Fanservice territory.
- Beneath the Mask: Came off as a really sweet and innocent person who was a Nice Girl, but has lately shown that she can be just as catty, mean spirited and trash talking as Michelle. The only difference between Michelle and Natalie is that Michelle let it known that she was a mega bitch right from the start, but Natalie just hid that bitchy side of her much better and for much longer to the point that she had so many of the viewers and the audience fooled. This was someone who was possibly in the running to win America's Favorite Houseguest!
- Beware the Nice Ones: Natalie may be a Nice Girl for the most part, but she has proven that she is not to be overlooked or underestimated. Natalie is a lot smarter than she lets on and she has gathered a lot of information about the other houseguests. Natalie has also proven that she can be rather tough and that she is not a complete pushover despite her nice personality. Subverted Trope as of late, as she is more of a Bitch in Sheep's Clothing who is not that nice of a girl. In fact, she is very catty and bitchy. Plus, she is very entitled and self absorbed. Natalie has proven that she is very manipulative and cunning and will thrown her allies under the bus (including JAMES) to benefit herself in the game. It's kind of surprising because Natalie seemed like she was going to be the nicest houseguest of the season but it turns out that her true personality has been exposed and it is not very pleasant.
- Big Breast Pride/Buxom Is Better: Natalie has large breasts (not real, by the way) and she seems to be really proud of them. She will resort to using her assets to her advantage, meaning that she constantly flaunts them to the men in the house for strategy. There has even been a discussion about Natalie's breasts amongst the houseguests, with many of the houseguests questioning whether or not they are real or fake. Some of the male houseguests, such as Paulie, have given Natalie the nickname "FT's", which means "Fake Titties".
- Big Bad: With Paulie out of the house and her showing a surprising amount of cunning and awareness, she has become this as of late. While Nicole and Michelle are regarded as snakes and trash talkers who can get very petty, even they are regarded as less "evil" than Natalie is now. James and Michelle could be considered to be The Dragon for her, as she is the one who is the head of the snake between the trio and is pulling all of the strings, including James' and Michelle's. Although Natalie openly hated Paulie and constantly talked about how disgusting of a person he was, she seems to not comprehend that she has basically morphed into the female version of him. Natalie has become excessively bitchy, petty, catty and manipuative in the later weeks and she has revealed her true colours as someone who is very untrustworthy and bbackstabbing. Natalie probbaly earns the villainess title even more because she has turned against the likeable underdogs Victor and Paul. Her backstabbing Victor and Paul was the beginning of her FaceHeel Turn and her revealing herself to be an Alpha Bitch, Manipulative Bitch and a Bitch in Sheep's Clothing.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Showing to be this as of late. Natalie appears like she is a really nice girl who is sweet and considerate, but she can actually be really bitchy, mean spirited, catty and spiteful. It turns out that Natalie actually seems to engage in a lot of trash talking about other houseguests. The only difference is she somehow manages to make her trash talking seem less vile and hateful.
- Black Widow: Natalie would flirt with all of the men in the house, including Victor, Paulie, Paul, Corey and James, and then would proceed to plot their demise behind their backs. She was in a showmance with Victor in the beginning, but then had no issue with throwing him to the wolves, turning on him and making sure that he was backdoored and evicted. She continually talked badly about Victor behind his back without him even knowing about it. Natalie flirted with Corey and even openly admitted that she had a crush on him. Yet, she has talked about getting him out of the house because he's a strong male competitor. She made passes at Paulie behind James back and was flirting with him, citing that they would be good together because they are both from New Jersey. She would shamelessly use her sexuality and flirt with Paulie despite claiming to be disgusted by him, but if she knew that it would benefit her game, she would use Paulie to get her farther. She would also flirt with Paul but Paul would call out Natalie for her actions and try to stop her. This caused Natalie to retaliate by making sure that Paul ended up nominated and being the target for eviction. Natalie influenced Michelle, who was co-HOH, to put Paul on the block while she put Victor on the block for revenge. Finally, she visibly used James throughout the game and only used him because he was popular with the Big Brother community. She had thrown him under the bus to other people and eventually James found out. James called her out on her behavior and for throwing him under the bus. James exposes Natalie during their final week together in the house by claiming that Natalie didn't genuinely like him and that she was just using him the entire time. Natalie looks sweet and innocent but she flirted with all the men and then plotted their demise behind their backs.
- Brainless Beauty: An Averted Trope. Natalie is an attractive young woman who comes off as The Ditz who does not have much brain matter or intelligence. Natalie seems to use her sexuality and her beauty as strategy in the game, as she is having a showmance with James and had one with Victor at the beginning of the season. However, this could be perceived as strategy or a façade. It turns out that Natalie is actually much more aware of what is going on in the game. She seems to be on point regarding the intentions of the houseguests. It is very clear that Natalie is a rather smart woman who has very good instincts, but nobody would really see this as Natalie comes off as an overly optimistic, upbeat and bubbly personality. Natalie also fits the trope as she is the showmance partner of James, who is The Hero of the season. She could actually classify as someone who is Obfuscating Stupidity, which is someone who is a lot smarter than they appear or act.
- The Charmer: Natalie flirts with every single male in the house. She flirts with the guys if it means that it will get her farther in the house. She likes to use flirting and her sexuality as a strategy in the game. Natalie has flirted with James, Victor, Paul, Corey, and Paulie. She manages to flirt with the other guys while she was in a showmance with James for the majority of the game. James flat out called Natalie out on her excessive flirtation with other men behind his back.
- The Cheerleader: Natalie previously worked part-time as an NFL cheerleader for three years. She definitely has a typical cheerleader personality, as she is a Girly Girl and can come off as The Ditz at times (although this could be seen as Obfuscating Stupidity, as she is much smarter than she appears to be). As of lately, she definitely seems like the cheerleader type, since she has Alpha Bitch qualities. Although she does put on a Nice Girl persona, she seems to be the type that wants to be Queen Bee.
- The Chick/The Dark Chick: Natalie could be seen as this of the entire season. Mostly because she is the biggest Girly Girl of the season, especially in comparison to the other female houseguests such as Michelle, Tiffany and Da'Vonne. Natalie could also be considered The Heart as well, as she is probably the nicest female houseguest, as well as the kindest houseguest next to James overall, of the season. Averted Trope, as Natalie seems to be more of a The Dark Chick in recent weeks, considering the complete change in her personality for the negative since she received power in Week 8.
- Chubby Chaser: Mentions that her friends have referred to her as this, given her tendency to date husky men. She has also stated that she is not into men that are model types or are overly good looking. Therefore, it is completely understandable why Natalie is attracted to James and why she has previously said that Victor was not her type, despite having an early showmance with him at the start.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Natalie has slight shades of this in regards to James, but she is definitely no where near as bad as Nicole (who shows jealousy towards Natalie giving attention to Corey), Zakiyah (who shows jealousy towards any female houseguest who gives attention to Paulie) and Michelle (who has hated Bridgette since the beginning and has been jealous of Bridgette over having Frank's attention).
- Competition Freak: She acknowledges in a DR entry during the second HOH competition, "Berry Balanced", that she's been competitive her whole life. That being said, she is an inversion of one aspect of this trope, as Natalie was visibly crushed when she became the first one eliminated from the competition after falling off the balance beam while trying to transfer her first berry to one of the columns.
- Conflicting Loyalty: Natalie wants to remain loyal to both James and her Spy Girls alliance. But, she found herself faced with the decision to either lie to the Spy Girls or betray James' trust, after Natalie is informed by James that Frank won the Week 3 Roadkill Competition (and nominated Bronte as the third eviction nominee). She ultimately does keep his fact a secret when Bridgette says that she hopes Natalie is picked to compete and wins the POV competition (she was ultimately chosen to play by Bronte in the random draw), which Natalie acknowledges could jeopardize her game and break up the alliance if she ended up replacing Bronte as the third nominee.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Natalie comes off as The Ditz who does not seem to be particularly deep or brainy, but she is actually a lot smarter than she seems. She is a potentially strong physical competitor and put up a fight when she wants to such as when she was determined to win the Week 7 HOH Endurance competition and was the last female houseguest standing. She also has an accurate read on the game and the on the other houseguests intentions. Natalie could prove to be one of the bigger threats in the house, however, everyone seems to be overlooking her because they perceive Natalie to be a useless and weak player. Case in point, Natalie is not to be overlooked and she can definitely become a big threat down the line.
- The Cutie -> The Fake Cutie: Though one wouldn't expect her to fit this trope just by looking at her, Natalie is rather adorable, with some child-like qualities. Subverted Trope as of lately since it has been revealed that Natalie may not be as nice and sweet as she tries to come off.
- Distaff Counterpart: To Paulie. They have some things in common, even though both of them may not want to admit it, because they disliked each other so much. Both Paulie and Natalie are from New Jersey. Paulie is the Jerk Jock while Natalie is the The Cheerleader and an Alpha Bitch. Both of them are also mega trash talkers; it seems that the targets of Paulie's trash talking are the female houseguests while the targets of Natalie's trash talking are the male houseguests. Both are very flirtatious people and are willing to flirt with anyone of the opposite sex. Both are in a showmance with a fellow houseguest (Paulie with Zakiyah and Natalie with James). Both of Paulie and Natalie have been accused by the fans of using both Zakiyah and James respectively and not really having genuine feelings for them. Paulie is a Manipulative Bastard while Natalie has shades of being a Manipulative Bitch. Both of them are a Bitch in Sheep's Clothing, because they were came off as nice at the start but revealed their true colors later on. Although it was assumed that Natalie was the Nice Girl who was The Heart and was very kind in personality, she has actually revealed that she is a Bitch in Sheep's Clothing. She has shown her true colors and has proven that she is not as sweet as she comes off. She is very similar to Paulie in this regard, because at the start of the game, Paulie was popular both inside of the house and outside of the house and he was the Big Man on Campus. Everyone thought that Paulie was actually much nicer than his younger brother Cody, but as the weeks passed and Paulie's time in the house was coming to an end, Paulie's true colors began to show. Both Paulie and Natalie have strong self abosrbed and narcissistic tendencies and they seem to constantly brag about how good of a person they are. It is apparent that Paulie and Natalie think alot of themselves although they have both tried to pass themselves off as humble. Although Paulie and Natalie hated each other and fought alot, they have more in common than they both want to admit.
- The Ditz: Comes off this way at times on the show. First shown when her team alliance with James, Victor and Bronte passes around potential names, with Victor and James having to explain to her what "calvary" means when Victor suggests that as a name... not to mention her passing along "Team Baywatch" as a name. Editing has made her seem unintelligent when she's actually got a good read on the other houseguests. Though, in a DR entry during the Week 3 "BB Test Kitchen" POV competition, she does admit that memorizing things is not her best asset (or "feature" as she accidentally says at first).
- Entitled Bitch: Comes off as very entitled, spoiled and bratty at times. Natalie has said that when Paulie called her a spoiled "Venezuelan Princess", she felt very hurt and angered by it. She keeps proclaiming that she is not a spoiled person who had everything handed to her and that she grew up poor in a third world country (Venezuelan) and had to earn everything that she currently has, including her boob job. Despite her claims, her attitude and personality suggest otherwise. She seems to be very bratty in her ways won occasion and she will get easily angered, irritated or upset if things don't go the way that she wants them to. Natalie definitely has shades of Spoiled Brat written all over her, although she will never acknowledge it or admit it to herself.
- Everybody Hates Math: She acknowledges this in a DR entry during the second Roadkill competition, which involves averaging the cumulative cost of ten different items... though she also notes that the only things she hates even more than math are capers and hot dogs. She even mentions in her Week 5 pre-eviction speech (while nominated against Frank and Paul, which she survives) that everyone knows she can't do math.
- FaceHeel Turn: It's not that Natalie has become "evil" or bad, but she has become much more unlikeable as of lately. Natalie seemed to have let the power get to her head and she has revealed some unlikeable personality characteristics and qualities. She seemed to have become more power hungry and she abused the power that she had. She turned on her allies Paul and Victor, two people that she had made a deal to go to the Final 5 with. Natalie shows that she is actually a Manipulative Bitch, someone who is emotionally manipulative towards others, in particularly the male houseguests. She uses her sexuality and flirting as a strategy with the guys and then she will resort to using it against them later on when she wants them to be targeted (she did this to Paulie, Victor, and Paul). She has also increased her trash talking of people and has resorted to making personal attacks against others. Natalie has actually proven that she is not the nice girl that she constantly claims to be and that her constant preaching of how good and nice of a person she is is just nothing but her trying to reassure herself (and America) to boost her own ego.
- Fallen Princess: Natalie went from someone who was very safe in the game to someone who has become a bigger target. Natalie's popularity outside of the house also took a huge nosedive when she decided to target Paul and Victor, the two underdogs of the game. To add to this, Natalie also revealed that she is actually really unlikeable and had let the power get to her head. She revealed that she is actually very catty and mean spirited and that she is just as big of a trash talker as Michelle is. She also showed her true colors as a person, revealing that she is actually an Entitled Bitch with strong Alpha Bitch tendencies. To make matters worse, it turns out that Natalie (and Michelle's) HOH reign was a big waste, since the person who was evicted under her HOH (Victor) managed to come back into the game after winning the Jury Buy Back competition. Not only did Natalie (and James) make herself a huge target but her popularity has also dwindled dramatically outside of the game.
- The Fashionista: Natalie is a Girly Girl who is into fashionable clothing. She is very trendy in terms of her fashion sense. Natalie also seems like the type of girl who would love to shop. Let's not forget that she love makeup and dressing up.
- Femme Fatale: Natalie seems to use her looks and her sexuality to get farther in the game. She used her looks to try to woo Victor and then James.
- Fun Size: Natalie is arguably the shortest/smallest female houseguest of the season (Natalie has stated that she is 4'11"). Funny enough, because of her short stature, she admits to being a slow driver for safety reasons in a DR entry shown during the Week 3 Roadkill Competition (which involves matching a sequence of eight horns), which she also admits results in her sometimes actually causing other drivers to honk their horns at her to speed up (to her annoyance).
- Genki Girl: Natalie is very positive, cheery, upbeat and optimistic. She seems to be quite upbeat and high energy, which is fitting for a former professional NFL cheerleader.
- Girly Girl: Probably the girliest of the female houseguests in Season 18, with Bronte coming relatively close. In terms of physical appearance and attitude, Nicole and Bridgette are comparatively more standard Girl Next Door, Michelle is more a nerdy everygirl, while Da'Vonne, Tiffany and Zakiyah all either more tomboyish and somewhat aggressive than Natalie.
- Glurge Addict: Natalie seems to like very sweet and cute things. For example, she seems to love glitter. This makes a lot of sense and fits with her personality, considering that she is the ultimate Girly Girl of the season. Plus, she also has strong childlike qualities or tendencies about her.
- The Heart: Natalie is one of the nicest and kindest houseguests of the season. She is very compassionate and has gone out of her way to make all of the houseguests feel good about themselves. Natalie was very kind to Tiffany when she was having an emotional breakdown and she provided Tiffany with much comfort. She also loves to boost other houseguests' self esteem, especially when they are doubting themselves.
- Honey Trap: Used her sexuality in order to seduce and lure James into a showmance with her. She did this because she wanted a chance to be loved and popular by America and she felt that she could achieve this by getting close to James because he was America's Favorite in the previous season. Because of her agenda, many felt that Natalie's relationship with James was far from genuine or real and they complained that Natalie was just manipulating him and using him.
- The Idealist: Natalie has a very idealistic and optimistic view of things. She genuinely tries to see the positive or the good in everything, no matter how bad the circumstances are. She also displays an idealistic attitude regarding some of the other houseguests, Natalie has consistently given some of the other houseguests, namely Tiffany, Bridgette, Bronte, Zakiyah and Michelle, inspirational or pep talks to help lift up their self esteem and improve their spirits.
- Lovable Alpha Bitch: Natalie is generally nice but she can be very catty and bitchy at times. She seems to get off on trash talking other houseguests and sometimes, she comes off as a major gossip girl. She also seems to talk trash about other people's physical appearance. She also shows that she has no problem resorting to the use of emotional manipulation and playing the victim card to get her way. She veers into Bitch in Sheep's Clothing territory, someone who can appear friendly and polite as a front, but can be very mean spirited and hateful behind the scenes. Averted Trope as of lately, since she fits more of the Alpha Bitch trope for revealing some unpleasant personality traits (cattiness, arrogance, etc).
- Manipulative Editing: Her argument with James over his Final 2 deal with Nicole made Natalie look she was harassing him when major details of the argument were left out of the show such as Natalie making up with James which Natalie acknowledged during her eviction interview with Julie Chen. This edit was most likely done to award James America's Favorite Player for a second time which Victor Arroyo ended up winning over Natalie and her showmance partner James. This edit is a very good example for why many people tune into the live feeds daily without the feeds it can be interpreted as Natalie sabotaging James and ending their relationship an edit Julie Chen, Jeff Schroeder and many causal viewers believed to be true.
- Ms. Fanservice: Natalie is frequently seen wearing tight and sometimes revealing clothing that accentuates her curves. In fact, she is the lone houseguest shown wearing a bikini in this season's edition of the title sequence.
- Nice Girl: Genuinely nice and affable to just about everyone and has yet to show any real animosity towards anyone. Incidentally, she credited her job coordinating events for hospitalized children with debilitating/life-threatening illnesses as having a humbling effect on her.This could be a Subverted Trope as of lately depending on one's opinion of her, because she has recently been showing some unpleasant qualities and traits, such as cattiness and pettiness since she received some power (HOH).
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Comes off as a ditzy and naive girl who has no clue about the game or as someone who is a weak player overall, but she actually has a shockingly accurate read on the game and the rest of the houseguests motives or intentions. It is clear that Natalie is a very smart young woman though nobody would even realize with the dumb girl facade that she puts on. Natalie's "ditzy girl" persona could be nothing more than strategy to throw off the other houseguests from perceiving her as a threat.
- She's Got Legs: Though she's among the shortest of the season's female contestants (roughly the same height as Nicole), Natalie does have great legs, accentuated by her affinity for short shorts.
- Ship Tease: Has a lot of this with James, even saying he is the kind of guy she would probably like to date outside of the house. Although they are perceived as a showmance this season, there are some people who question their relationship and whether or not it is genuine. Some fans suspect that James and Natalie (but especially Natalie) might be using each other in the game.
- Smarter Than You Look: Natalie has a fairly good read of what's going on in the house. She's an intelligent woman, but by the way she's edited on the show, you'd never know.
- Straw Feminist: Downplayed. Natalie doesn't hate men but she does say misandrist things or make anti-male comments from time to time. She's also all about girl power and she has no problem using men to further herself and her agenda and then throwing them away like they are nothing (similar to what she did to James). She voted based on gender when it came time for her to vote for the winner of Big Brother so she voted for Nicole over Paul simply because she was a female and she wanted a girl to win.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Natalie has definitely become more of an unlikeable personality lately. She has become more arrogant. Since getting into power in Week 8 (winning HOH), she has resorted to throwing her allies (such as victor and Paul) under the bus. She has also increased her amount of trash talking and she seems to be playing very petty and very personal. It is very interesting because since the start, Natalie has always been a fan favorite amongst the audience because she was seen as someone who was very kind and nice to everyone. Turns out that it was nothing more than a facade and that she is actually more of a Bitch in Sheep's Clothing who has very strong Alpha Bitch personality characteristics. Natalie has also lost a lot of fans because of the reveal of her true colors and she is receiving a lot of criticism and hate as a result. It doesn't help that she is constantly accusing the male houseguests of false sexual harassment claims and that has managed to turn a lot of the fans off.
- Unkempt Beauty: Though Natalie usually dresses up in flirty outfits and wears a reasonable amount of makeup, some segments (including a few of her Diary Room entries) in which she's seen wearing minimal makeup, a simple ponytail and regular clothes do back this trope up.
- The Vamp: Natalie could be classified as a Femme Fatale who is using her sexuality to her advantage and is using it as strategy. Natalie will resort to using her feminine wiles to flirt with the male houseguests and then try to use it against them later on for strategic reasons. For example, Natalie openly flirted with Paulie and instigated the flirting between them, yet later on, when she wanted Paulie out of the house when he was already a target for everyone, she claimed that Paulie's flirting made her uncomfortable when she was the one who instigated the flirting between them in the first place. Paulie confronted Natalie about her accusations of sexual harassment, telling her that she was the one who flirted with him in the first place, yet Natalie continued to play the victim card and tell him that it was his fault because he was flirting with her. Natalie continued her dirty game,ay during the week that Paul was nominated. She claimed that Paul sexually harassed her or made her uncomfortable because he apparently grabbed her thigh playfully when they were play fighting. Previously when that happened, Natalie said that Paul touching her did not in any way make her uncomfortable and that she enjoyed it because she saw their relationship as a brother-sister relationship. But now that she wants him out of the house, she has decided to play the victim card once more (like she did with Paulie) and say that Paul makes her "uncomfortable". It is clear that Natalie is playing a little dirty by trying to use the strategy of falsely accusing male houseguests of sexual harassment when Natalie either instigated the flirting or when Natalie enjoyed the playful interactions with a male houseguest.
- Weight Woe: Natalie constantly makes comments about her weight. She complains that since she has been in the house, she has packed on the pounds. It is clear that Natalie feels insecure about her looks, even though she tries to pass herself off as someone who is comfortable with her appearance and has a lot of self confidence.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: These comprise quite a bit of Natalie's outfits in the house.
- Who's Laughing Now?: Many causal fans including Julie Chen and Paulie did not believe Natalie and James were going to have a serious relationship however, on both of their social media accounts they are still dating.
- You Go, Girl!: In Natalie's exit message for Victor, she told him that she thinks he should treat people especially women better, after having expressed displeasure the previous week with Victor's constant nitpicking (some of which was directed at her).
Michelle Edith Meyer (Juror #05)
Michelle Edith Meyer (Juror #05)
Born: Dec 26th, 1992 (age at time of competition: 23)
Hometown: Washington Township, MI
Current City Of Residence: Washington Township, MI
Number Of HOH Wins: 1
Number Of POV Wins: 1
Number Of Times Nominated: 3
Number Of Times As Have-Not: 1
Prizes/Punishments Taken: America's Care Package #4 (Co-HOH), Black Box, Pixel Suit Punishment, Outback Dinner
Team: Category Four (Frank, Bridgette, Michelle, Paulie)
Finished: 7th Place [5TH JUROR]
Evicted: 3-2 VS. PAUL
HOH/POV Evicted Under: NICOLE (HOH/POV)
Voted For (As Jury Member): PAUL
- Adorkable: The thick-rimmed glasses that she sometimes wears really really make her look like this. Michelle also slso seems to have become the token geek girl this season after Bronte was evicted. She comes off as quirky and odd at times, even slightly socially awkward. Despite her catty and bitchy moments, Michelle's awkwardness does make her endearing at times.
- Affably Evil: She is somewhere between this and Faux Affably Evil. Michelle likes to pretend that she is friendly to people's face but in reality, she is really catty and trash talking. Sometimes she can be genuinely nice to people, but there are other times when it's not so genuine. For example, she seemed like she would be civil with Bridgette to her face (despite their known rivalry with one another), but behind Bridgette's back, Michelle would be throwing her under the bus and resorting to bashing her repeatedly all out of pettiness and jealousy. She has also appeared nice and friendly to Tiffany, Paul, Frank, Nicole and Corey's faces, but she has either trash talked or bullied them behind their back. Michelle is definitely not the nicest girl but she is really good at trying to appear nice to someone's face.
- Alliterative Name: Both her first and last name start with "M".
- All Women Love Shoes: Most shoes in her case. Michelle has a bone to pick with high heels because of this incident where she tripped in heels and got a nasty gash on her leg (WARNING: mildly graphic). She prefers wedges, booties, and sport sneakers. Especially wedges.
- Alpha Bitch: Michelle is one of the cattiest girls of the season. She seems to have a very petty personality and she seems to take enjoyment of trash talking other houseguests. She is also a big time Drama Queen and seems to behave a certain way to gain sympathy from other people. To add, her treatment of Bridgette for the majority of the game has been less than pleasant. Not to mention, this is the same girl who has fat shamed people in the real world, also exposing her pettiness. Michelle seems to fit more of the Type 2 personality, as she can put on a friendly facade and pretend to be nice, but she will resort to trash talking on the down low.
- Bridgette. Michelle is a huge fan of Frank and she was also a part of the Category 4 team along with Frank and Bridgette. Most of Michelle's animosity towards Bridgette has to do with the fact that Frank preferred Bridgette over her. Bridgette was seen as a potential strong ally by Frank. However, Frank saw Michelle as a weak player and someone who would not benefit his game in the long run. Michelle's took Frank's rejection of her and Frank's favoritism of Bridgette personally and she has been taking her anger and frustrations out on Bridgette. Michelle's dislike towards Bridgette is nothing short of personal and petty.
- Paulie. Oh so much Paulie. After being nominated by him and realizing that he is a bigger Jerkass than he lets on, she made it her mission to destroy his game and reputation. Michelle apparently turned on Paulie because she felt betrayed by him regarding the Da'Vonne vote (which resulted in Da'Vonne being evicted). She also got very personal and constantly tried to attack him and degrade his character. Michelle may have been justified in wanting Paulie out of the house, but Michelle definitely showed that she was no better than Paulie by resorting to the methods that she did to get Paulie out of the house.
- Paul. The two clearly strongly dislike each other, even though they were allies for a while. Michelle has repeatedly made personal attacks against Paul and has defamed his character both behind his back and to his face. Paul has called Michelle The Bully and said to himself that he thinks that Michelle is one of the worst people that he has ever encountered. Michelle has said that she thinks that Paul is rude and disrespectful. It got worse when Michelle decided to nominate Paul and blindside him in Week 9. She also resorted to calling him a liar and manipulator without giving any examples of how he has been a liar and manipulator. It leads to a bigger argument and the two become even bigger enemies and rivals than before. Michelle also calls Paul an Atheist and attacks his religion (a personal and unnecessary attack against someone in the game of Big Brother) because of Paul's personal belief regarding whether or not there is a Heaven and Hell. It is safe to say that the two clearly and strongly despise each other and Paul has made it his mission to get Michelle out of the house. Michelle has been targeting Paul and Paul has made Michelle is #1 target mostly for personal reasons. Also, it seems that Paul's animosity towards Michelle extends to outside of the game since he has stated to the cameras or by himself that he does not want to be associated with Michelle once the game is over.
- Ascended Fangirl: Michelle claims to be a super fan of Big Brother. She seems to know a lot about the game and is able to recite past Big Brother players and stats with ease. She is even a fan of Big Brother Canada. She also frequents the Big Brother subreddit. She even has Andy Herren's same cat shirt (15) and a baby Orwell the Owl (19).
- Bait the Dog: Zig-Zagged. Similar to Paulie, Michelle was relatively popular amongst the newbies in the beginning, until she brought up she hated husky men, which clued people in if they didn't watch her reddit. Given that America has a higher obesity rate than the rest of the world, this didn't sit well with most people and as the season went by, she began to get less popular especially with all the bitchy comments she said towards other houseguests. Contrast Nicole, who most of her bitchy comments are all in good fun and generally don't involve appearances. But then she threw up during one of the challenges and started taking pot shots at production. That, and Paul called her the c-word and people started to notice Michelle is also someone to be pitied.
- Big Eater: Michelle seems to have taken over Victor's place as the biggest eater in the house. Every time she is seen on the live feeds, she is seen eating a bunch of snacks, in particular chips. It is interesting that Michelle seems to eat so much, considering that she has resorted to fat shaming obese people and making fun of them for their eating habits. This fact makes her a huge hypocrite.
- Birds of a Feather: With Nicole. They are both Girl Next Door types, both are from Michigan state, both wear glasses and both are Nice Girl's with a bitchy or catty side to them. They are so similar in a lot of ways that it is actually surprising that Nicole and Michelle didn't instantly bond with each other right from the start.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Seems to be a nice girl, until you find out she despises fat people and refuses to date obese men on account of being a nutritionist. She is also visibly catty inside the house and has made some very personal and nasty remarks about other houseguests, such as Tiffany, Bridgette, Paulie, Victor and Nicole.
- Brutal Honesty: Michelle is very blunt and honest and she is not afraid to say what is exactly on her mind. Sometimes her comments can be very hateful and hurtful. She is also one of the biggest trash talkers in the house and she doesn't seem to have too much regard for how much her comments will hurt others. In a way, Michelle sometimes does not think before she says stuff. Going by her comments regarding fat people or obese people, she has proven that she is very mean spirited and very judgemental of other people.
- The Bully: Michelle is a mean girl who has made very nasty comments about some of the other houseguests. She has resorted to personally attacking people occasionally. She treated Bridgette horribly throughout the majority of the game and she did not feel bad for it whatsoever. All because she felt jealous about Frank preferring Bridgette over her. She has also resorted to taunting behavior towards Paul and she has been unnecessarily rude to him such as when she yelled at him and threatened to burn all of his clothes for accidentally touching her clothes when he was searching for a t-shirt of his. Paul called her out on her bullying behavior and even called her a bully and a terrible person to her face after getting into a huge argument in Week 9.
- Can't Take Criticism: Michelle seems to think that it is okay to constantly judge people and make comments about others, but when someone calls her out on her crappy behavior, then she goes into a corner and either complains or cries about it. She thinks that she can constantly dole out hurtful comments towards other people and not expect to receive them in return. Michelle also likes to purposely start fights and arguments with people, but when someone else calls her out and argues back with her, she will end up crying afterwards and trying to run away from the argument that she started in the first place. Michelle comes off as a huge hypocrite and at other times, a coward.
- Chaotic Stupid: Michelle seems prone to just do whatever Michelle wants to do and mouth off to everybody. Yeah, that's not a very smart strategy...
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Towards Frank. She heavily disliked Bridgette because Frank and Bridgette became very close in the house. It is obvious that Michelle is a very catty and jealous person. Her hatred of Brigette was completely party and unnecessary. Overall, Michelle seems to be a very jealous and envious person. She has also displayed jealous and envious behavior regarding the other female houseguests.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Similar to Nicole, Michelle can come off as off beat, quirky and odd at times. She sometimes displays strange behaviour or resorts to antics that are very questionable. Sometimes she will cry in an overdramatic manner to the point where it looks like she is putting an act or faking to gain attention. Some of the other houseguests have mentioned this, saying that Michelle overdramatizes at times so that she can garner sympathy. Other times, it appears that Michelle has her head in the clouds and she talks like she is zoned out or not really alert about what is going on.
- Conflicting Loyalty: As of Week 9, Michelle seems to be conflicted about who to be aligned with or who to trust in the game more: either James & Natalie or Paul & Victor. Although Michelle technically has more allegiance to Paul and Victor than she does James and Natalie, she decided to go against her allies (Paul and Victor) and go along with what James and Natalie wanted which is Paul and Victor nominated. Although it is uncertain as to where Michelle's true loyalties lie, Michelle has made it clear that she has always wanted Nicole and Corey out, as she sees them as manipulative (particularly Nicole) and a powerful duo in the game.
- Cowardly Lion: In her intro package, Michelle rattles off a very long list of fears, among them being abducted/kidnapped, aliens, ghosts, Amazonian fish and North Korea (which considering the first competition involves the houseguests having to ride on rockets resembling the nuclear weapons that said country has, by her own admission, skeeved her out a bit)... and apparently, it doesn't stop there, since she also notes that she's afraid of beards (when referencing Paul's in her first DR entry), because of issues with cleanliness.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Michelle comes off as a useless player who does nothing but whine and cry when she doesn't get what she wants. However, Michelle should not be underestimated and she is a lot smarter than she seems. She is not afraid to call people out in the open and she seems like she does have a lot of guts. She may not be the best at winning competitions, but she is actually pretty good socially and strategically. It is hugely possible that Michelle could be a contender to go all the way to at least the Final 3.
- The Cynic: Michelle has a very melancholic and defeatist attitude. She always seems to be pessimistic about things in general and she does not seem to have that much confidence in herself. When she does not do her best or win something, she will end up beating herself up for it. Other houseguests, namely Natalie and Paul, have had to give Michelle a pep talk whenever she gets into one of her defeatist, gloomy and pessimistic moods. Opposite of Nicole, who is more of The Pollyanna and a Plucky Girl, who always tries to see the best in things and is more of an optimist (although Nicole does do her fair share of whining from time to time).
- Deadpan Snarker: Michelle is really sarcastic and quick witted. Sometimes she comes off as serious when she is delivering a joke or a witty comment.
- Dirty Coward: Constantly talks trash about people and throws people under the bus behind their back but then tries to appear as though she is friendly and loyal to people. For example, Michelle has promised that she would be loyal to Victor and Paul and had intentions of going farther in the game with them. But then she decided to scumbag them and lie and backstab them when she received some power handed to her by America (the Co-HOH). Instead of telling them straight up that she was going along with Natalie and James's plans and nominating them, she decided to blindside them and resort to personally attacking Paul in particular by calling him a liar and a manipulator. On top of it, she personally attacked his religion by calling him an Atheist, because of Paul's personal belief's regarding not believing in Heaven and Hell (which is more accurately called [Apatheism https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apatheism]). Paul fired back by calling her a "c*nt." Although Michelle does not seem to have any particular strengths in this game, she seems to have played an overall dirty, trash talking and scumbag game.
- Does Not Like Shoes: And how! Michelle may say she likes shoes, but she LOVES to be barefoot most of all. More often then not she'd rather walk everywhere in bare feet. When she's all chillax, Michelle has a penchant for running around barefoot (usually in yoga pants, too), and a few people joke that her feet are constantly dirty. It actually comes up during the live feeds when Victor and Paul stay up late in the safari room joking how unhygenic some of the houseguests are and also have a Michelle bash-fest, noting that she probably never washes her feet even though she's barefoot most of the time. She once propped her feet up on the dash of her car when a car had trouble on the freeway and caused a traffic jam. She seems to take great pride in her feet though, as her "boo" likes to play with them. After Paul asks everyone if they would rather go a year without eyebrows or shoes, everyone answered shoes. Michelle, being the only person in the room who is in bare feet, even asked the houseguests if she's the only one in the house that goes barefoot? Frank says he used to do it on his season, but not so much this season. Everyone else says that the floors are so gross.Michelle: (propping her feet up on her bumper car) Your feet are made to be barefoot.
- Dogged Nice Girl: Towards Frank. Michelle wanted to be Frank's number one, but Frank preferred Bridgette and had a closer relationship with her over Michelle. This deeply bothered Michelle and she has harboured ill feelings towards Bridgette ever since. Although Michelle was desperate to prove herself to Frank so that he could see her as a strong potential ally in the game, Frank only saw Michelle as a weak and useless player. It is obvious that Michelle never got over Frank preferring Bridgette over her.
- The Dragon: For Natalie. She shares this role with James. After Bronte and Bridgette were evicted, Michelle became Natalie's closest ally in the game and the two had even discussed going to the Final 2 together. Natalie is pretty much the Alpha Bitch to Michelle's Beta Bitch. The two often resorted to trash talking other houseguests and they both played very personal. In Week 9, Natalie was the one who had influenced Michelle, who had won co-HOH that week after winning America's Care Package, to turn against her allies Paul and Victor. Natalie persuaded Michelle to side with her and James against Victor and Paul and told Michelle to nominate Paul. By doing so, Michelle backstabbed and scumbagged her two closest allies, revealing her true colors. Since then, Michelle grew to hate Victor and Paul, but most of her disdain towards the two of them was because of Natalie's negative opinions about them. Natalie basically poisoned Michelle against Victor and Paul, even though they did nothing to Michelle (and Natalie and James) personally or game wise. It is safe to say that Natalie played a huge part in the downfall of Michelle's game, but even then, Michelle had Undying Loyalty to Natalie (and James by extension) and did everything that she wanted.
- Beta Bitch: Michelle is this to Natalie's Alpha Bitch. It is clear that in the recent weeks, Natalie and Michelle have become tighter with each other. When Michelle received some power through America's Care Package and become the co-HOH, she decided to side with Natalie plans and throw her allies Victor and Paul to the wolves, betraying them in the process. On top of this, she, along with Natalie, decided to personally attack Paul, which increased animosity between the two. Natalie and Michelle have also become the resident trash talkers of the house, constantly bashing Paul in particular. Both of them are the resident mean girls left in the house and all they seem to do is take joy in bashing people behind their back constantly. It is evident that since Michelle and Natalie do not have any strengths in the game (competitively, socially, or strategically), that their only game is to talk trash all day, eat and sleep. To reference Mean Girls, Michelle is the Cady Heron to Natalie's Regina George.
- Co-Dragons: With James for Natalie, who has morphed into the Big Bad or villainess since Paulie's departure. It is very clear that both James and Michelle are willing to do anything that Natalie wants, even if it goes against their personal wishes or what is best for their personal game. Originally, Michelle was loyal to Victor, Paul, Zakiyah, and Da'Vonne and those were main allies since the beginning. But as of lately, her #1 ally in the game is Natalie. After Zakiyah and Da'Vonne were evicted, Michelle turned to Victor and Paul and they became her main allies. However, in Week 9, Natalie won HOH and Michelle won the co-HOH through winning America's Care Package. Michelle wanted to put Nicole and Corey on the block (this was her original plan and what she had always wanted to do), but Natalie wanted to go after Victor and Paul, who were Natalie, James and Michelle's allies (they had an alliance and had planned to go to the Final 5 together). Natalie chooses to nominate Victor and she wanted Michelle, as the co-HOH, to nominate Victor's #1 ally Paul. Michelle and Natalie nominated the two of them and backstabbed them in the process. This caused a huge rift in their alliance and Michelle, Natalie, James, Paul and Victor no longer trusted each other. James and Michelle basically threw their own games and what they wanted out the window to do Natalie's bidding. It is evident that James and Michelle have strong Undying Loyalty to Natalie and that they wanted to go to the Final 3 together.
- Demoted to Dragon: Michelle was never really looked at as an outright villain. However, she can be considered to be a very dark Anti-Hero or more of an Anti-Villain, mostly because she constantly started drama, has an aggressive personality, can be very petty and personal in how she appraoches the game and can be very argumentative and confrontational with the other houseguests which almost make her look like The Bully. Therefore, Michelle had all of the personality traits of someone who was an obvious villain. However, it is later revealed that in the grand scheme of things, Natalie is or becomes the Big Bad as of Week 9, especially after Paulie was evicted from the house, and Michelle became The Dragon for Natalie (along with James). Natalie revealed herself to be a true Alpha Bitch and a Bitch in Sheep's Clothing in the later weeks. Natalie is someone who tried to constantly pass herself off as a sweet, loveable, likeable and kind person but was actually very catty, bitchy, manipuative, entitled, and cunning and who would constantly resort to trash talking and personally attacking houseguests behind their backs. Although Michelle appeared to be a villainess because of her unlikeable personality, it is actually Natalie that is the true villainess because she is the one calling all of the shots in the trio of herself (Natalie), Michelle, and James. In other words, Michelle was thought to be an Alpha Bitch but she is actually Natalie's Beta Bitch while Natalie is the real Alpha Bitch in sheeps clothing. Natalie also had alot of influence or Michelle's game later on. For example, Natalie is the one that influenced Michelle to nominated Paul and backstab him along with Victor, causing disdain and distrust between Michelle, Victor and Paul. Michelle was basically being manipulated by Natalie and Michelle was too dumb and loyal to her to see it.
- Dragon with an Agenda: While Michelle became close with Natalie in Week 9 and the two shared an inseparable bond with each other, Michelle had different plans than Natalie on a game level. In Week 9, Natalie was the HOH and Michelle was the co-HOH. Natalie had wanted to turn against Victor and Paul and nominate the two of them for eviction. However, Michelle did not originally agree with Natalie's plan to turn against her allies Victor and Paul. In fact, Michelle had actually wanted to nominate Corey and Nicole for eviction, because she felt threatened by them, especially Nicole, due to being a strong power couple in the game. However, Natalie manipulated Michelle into turning against Vic and Paul and Michelle went through with nominating Paul. Not only did she backstab Paul and Victor on a game level, but she also sunk to Natalie's level by personally attacking them, especially Paul. Although the Michelle and Natalie were close with each other, it is obvious that the two did not always see eye to eye on a game level. Even after Michelle betrayed Paul and Victor, she still realized that Nicole and Corey were the bigger threat and that they should not have betrayed Victor and Paul and should have gotten rid of Corey and Nicole when they had the opportunity.
- Villainous Friendship: Even though Michelle and Natalie became close on a game level, they also had a close personal bond. After Bronte and Bridgette (who could also be viewed as Beta Bitch's for Natalie) were evicted, the female houseguest that she became closest to is Natalie (Natalie never had close bonds with Da'Vonne, Zakiyah, and Nicole). Despite Natalie being a Girly Girl and Michelle being more of the Girl Next Door with glasses, the two shared some things in common and formed a real friendship. Both of them are the resident mean girls of the season and they both seem to take joy in trash talking other people behind their backs. Natalie and Michelle were so close that they wanted to go to the Final 2 together. Natalie even contemplated choosing Michelle as her Final 2 partner over James, her showmance partner. Michelle even backstabbed and betrayed her own allies in Victor and Paul, two people who were undoubtedly loyal to Michelle and would have more than likely taken her to the Final 3, for Natalie, showing that they were on True Companions level of loyalty and friendship. Despite their occassional differences from a game standpoint (Natalie was against Victor/Paul and Michelle was against Corey/Nicole), Michelle and Natalie have definitely formed a genuine bond and friendship that goes beyond game.
- Drama Queen: Michelle comes off as a bit of an Attention Whore. She will sometimes resort to crying or throwing a tantrum when she doesn't get her way. She may even cry for strategic reasons or because she wants to garner sympathy from the other houseguests. Michelle seems to thrive on drama and she loves to play the victim card.
- Driven by Envy: Michelle's antagonistic attitude towards Bridgette stems from her jealousy regarding Bridgette's close relationship and bond with Frank. Michelle wanted to be Frank's number one ally, but Frank favored Bridgette and saw Michelle as a incompetent or a liability.
- Entitled Bitch: Michelle can be really catty and bitchy when she doesn't get her way. She can come off as very bratty and spoiled at times. She also seems to feel that she deserves to be there more than the rehouse guests, yet she hasn't really done all that much in the game. She displays this attitude when she decided to make angry speeches to other houseguests during the live eviction and Double Eviction in Week 7.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: On Instagram she has several pictures of her rocking blonde or blue hair to reflect her sassy personality. Oddly enough, she came onto the show with her natural brunette hair.
- Faux Affably Evil: It's not that Michelle is necessarily a villain or evil per say, but she definitely falls into Anti-Hero or slight Anti-Villain territory. Michelle comes off as a Bitch in Sheep's Clothing, someone who can put on a friendly facade and be nice to other houseguests' faces, yet will resort to back stabbing them or trash talking them behind their back. Michelle definitely has a strong "mean girl" streak.
- Fire-Forged Friends: She and Bridgette formed this bond before the latter was eliminated in the double eviction. Before this, Bridgette was Michelle's Arch-Enemy and the two did not see eye to eye or get along. Most of it was pretty petty though, because Michelle was joist jealous of Frank giving Bridgette more attention. Michelle eventually came around to see that Bridgette could be a valuable ally and a good person to have at her side in the game.
- Foil: To Nicole. Despite never having been aligned with one another and never having had a bond in the game or on a personal level, the two actually had more in common than they noticed (both Girl Next Door types, both Clingy Jealous Girl's, both Meganekko girls who wear glasses, both nerdy super fans, both from the state of Michigan, etc), yet they have some obvious differences as well. Nicole is (or was on her original season) a competitive player who won competitions, while Michelle is one of the weaker competitors. Nicole has blonde hair while Michelle has dark hair. Michelle seems to have stronger shades of an Alpha Bitch personality while Nicole seems to be more of a Lovable Alpha Bitch. Nicole is more positive, upbeat and a Plucky Girl while Michelle is more pessimistic, melancholic and defeatist. Nicole is more of The Idealist while Michelle is more of The Cynic. Nicole has more of a Plucky Comic Relief (light hearted humor) kind of humor, while Michelle has more of a Deadpan Snarker (sarcastic humour) kind of humor. All in all, while both wear glasses and have catty sides to them, Nicole's cattiness is much more tame and less frequent than Michelle, while Michelle loves to trash talk everyone in the house regardless of gender or weight.
- Foreshadowing: As Michelle was walking out the door on her eviction she warned her fellow houseguests to take out Paul and Nicole who is "f***ing her way to Final 2." Ironically, they became the Final 2.
- Freudian Excuse: Her opinion of the obese. Michelle hates fat people because she has a lot of self-image problems about keeping herself skinny (or being perceived as ugly because she's so skinny) and gets angry at how she works hard to keep herself in shape while others don't.
- Granola Girl: Is very much a health nut and is focused on healthy eating... which goes without saying, considering she's a registered dietitian. In fact, Michelle is such a health nut and such a huge advocate for healthy eating that she has even resorted to fat-shaming by making some controversial comments and remarks about obese people on Reddit (she received a minor backlash from the public for her comments earlier on in the season).
- Green-Eyed Monster: Michelle definitely has a strong jealous and envious streak to her personality. It is part of what makes Michelle so catty and bitchy to some of the other houseguests, namely Bridgette. However, despite her jealous streak, she is nowhere near Zakiyah's jealousy over Paulie.
- Handy Feet: One of the oddities about Michelle is that she's able to use spoons and open food packages with her feet and toes.
- Hysterical Woman: Michelle came across as someone who has serious mental and emotional issues. He behavior while in the house was very erratic and over the top. Some believed that she was Attention Whore and a Drama Queen because she had a tendency to make a big deal out of every little thing. Plus, she was a huge Mood-Swinger. She would be very friendly to others one minute but would then become Hot-Blooded with a Hair-Trigger Temper the next minute. It is suspected she has Histrionic Personality Disorder.
- Inelegant Blubbering: ALL THE FRICKIN' TIME. Best seen when she gets mad at Paul for putting hair conditioner in her drink and throws a green apple at him hard enough that it bruises him, then has a moment of remorse, causing her to have a mini-meltdown and cry herself silly both in the house and in the Diary Room thinking she's going to be seen as a violent person. She lampshades the fact that she looks like an ugly crier and Paul reaffirms it by calling her a "hideous crier" jokingly and she replies, "That's what they all say...!"
- In-Series Nickname: Many of her fellow houseguests have called Michelle or have given Michelle the nickname "Big Meech" or "Meech". She also self-deprecates herself with the hashtag #VomitCrybaby.
- In Vito Veritas: After the catered Outback dinner, where she got wasted on drinks. Much like Meg Maley, a tipsy Michelle is quite a sight. She started hugging and kissing James and Corey— but only hugged Paul, naturally.
- Jerkass/Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Or more accurately, Bitch in Sheep's Clothing with a Heart of Gold. For all her cruelty and callous behavior, Michelle does realize when she crosses the line and will try to make amends and stop using the behavior in the future.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: Her dislike of Paulie, while mean spirited, is very welcome to many given Paulie's change in personality from affable to an evil schemer.
- Last of His Kind: Michelle was the last member of the Category Four team. Frank was evicted in Week 5, Bridgette was evicted in Week 7, Paulie was evicted in Week 8 and her being evicted in Week 10.
- The Load: Michelle has proven that she is rather horrible at competitions. She has either won them by having them thrown to her or having them handed to her by America (such as the CO-HOH that she received through America's Care Package). She's shown that overall, she is the most useless player in the game. She doesn't particularly have a strong social game and her strategy is not all that strong either. She is also seen to be rather trusting and gullible as seen in Week 9 when Victor and Paul planned or schemed to have a fake fight with each other and she and Natalie believed that Victor and Paul were no longer friends and allies. Michelle also believed that Victor was on her side and had turned against Paul. The only thing that Michelle seems to be good at is trash talking other houseguests behind their back.
- Lovable Alpha Bitch: Michelle may be a Girl Next Door who is a Nice Girl in most instances, but she does have a very bratty, catty, bitchy and mean spirited side to her at times. Her treatment of Bridgette has been very disappointing and she comes off as a mean girl when it comes to her comments about Bridgette.
- Meganekko/Nerd Glasses: Michelle sometimes wears thick-rimmed glasses, similar to those worn by fellow houseguest Nicole.This look makes her come off as extra Adorkable and she definitely has the nerdy Girl Next Door look down pat.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Totally Played for Laughs when she got payback on Paul for messing with one of her drinks and hit him with apples, but then left a bruise on his back, causing her to fold up and cry... and cry... and sob... and sob... like a big baby.
- Nominal Hero: Between her and Paulie, Michelle is the lesser of two evils.
- No Indoor Voice: Some of her Diary Room entries in the season premiere sounded as if she was shouting. And when she screamed after Paul sabotaged her drink, she screamed so loud she clipped the audio capture on her body mic!
- Out of Focus: Following the events of Week 1 that lead to her finding out the identity of Tiffany's sister, Michelle hasn't been given much focus on the television episodes. On the feeds, however, she's quite a character.
- The Pig Pen: Meech is this in Paul's eyes, who is a Neat Freak. Paul could NOT. STAND. HER. Especially the fact she is habitually barefoot, which is Paul's biggest pet peeve because he hates the sight of his own feet- during Michelle's conversation about her love for being barefoot, Zakiyah jokes that she wants to see Paul's feet because they are really nice. Paul says he wants more tattoos so he doesn't have to see them. And then much later, Paul ranted about how she annoyed him in this regard.Paul: "Safari Room is a pigsty because of Michelle because she is a grotesque human being. Yeah, Michelle is disgusting. Everybody is a ***ing pig. Theyll cook in the kitchen, raw chicken... theyll drop the juice all over the floor. 100% salmonella. Will just wipe it up then walk around the whole house barefoot. The bathroom. The bathroom is ***ing disgusting. I wipe everything in the bathroom before using it. Thats how disgusting it is. Walk everywhere barefoot and then go into their beds with their dirty ass feet. Pillows on the floor Michelle is the top contender for having the grossest feet in the house and then just getting into bed.
- Secret Keeper: Does this for Tiffany when she finds out that she's the sister of Season 17 finalist Vanessa.
- She's Got Legs: Once remarked on Snapchat and Instagram that she has "Stick legs for life".
- Tender Tears: Everyone rides Michelle's case over the fact that she seems to break down crying over the littlest things. All the time. Her BB Comics week superhero is literally a giant crybaby.
- Tomboyish Baseball Cap: Michelle is very often seen wearing her black ballcap (either forwards, sideways, or backwards, depending on her mood and sass level of the day)...
- Nice Shoes: And the black Nike sneakers to go with it.
- Vomit Discretion Shot: About 30 minutes in the hashtag spinning HOH challenge, Michelle started spewing (throwing up) everywhere which was described as chunky by James and thankfully censored. Gross.
- Worthy Opponent: For Paul. Paul would later reappear on Season 19 and say Big Meech would crack everybody in the house (a bunch of dinguses for the most part).
Paul Ryan Christopher "Paulie" Calafiore (Juror #04)
Paul Ryan Christopher "Paulie" Calafiore (Juror #04)
Born: Nov 13th, 1988 (age at time of competition: 27)
Hometown: Howell, NJ
Current City Of Residence: Howell, NJ
Number Of HOH Wins: 2
Number Of POV Wins: 3
Number Of Times Nominated: 3
Number Of Times As Have-Not: 1
Prizes/Punishments Taken: $1,000*, Tech Package*, Apple Pie-Baking Punishment, Pixel Suit Punishment, Outback Dinner
Team: Category Four (Frank, Bridgette, Michelle, Paulie)
Finished: 8th Place [4TH JUROR]
Evicted: 5-0 VS. COREY
HOH/POV Evicted Under: VICTOR (HOH/POV)
Voted For (As Jury Member): NICOLE
- 0% Approval Rating: After his massive Sanity Slippage, Paulie has become one of the most hated and disliked houseguests of the season. Ironically, Paulie started off as a really popular houseguest and many people thought that Paulie was more likeable than Cody. He managed to hide a lot of his underlying mental instability for several weeks, but when the pressures bore down on him, there was no turning back. Paulie's behavior turned UGLY. Much of Paulie's low disapproval rating or low popularity amongst fans has to do with his unlikeable personality (egotistical, boastful, manipulative, cocky, arrogant, etc), his controlling and domineering tendencies, and the unfavourable manner in which he treats other houseguests (namely Tiffany, Frank and Zakiyah). Paulie is also incredibly disliked by the public because he has said many controversial and sexist things and comments about women, especially women from his home state of New Jersey. He has also consistently trash talked all of the female houseguests, with his main targets being Natalie, Zakiyah, and Michelle. Even though Natalie is very bitchy, Zakiyah is very clingy and Michelle is very catty, Paulie's comments regarding all three women was beyond gameplay and came off extremely personal in nature. He has called Natalie every name in the book, including calling her fake as the things on her chest (meaning that Natalie has fake breasts or breast implants). He has constantly mistreated Zakiyah for no reason and has thrown her under the bus even though she was very loyal to him. Paulie's mistreatment of the women in the house along with his constantly intimidating and bullying of other houseguests to get them to do what he wants has made him very unpopular with the audience. Interestingly enough, Cody became rather disliked by the public, but his low popularity had more to do with him flirting with a married woman in Christine, not so much his personality. When making comparisons between Paulie and Cody and their personalities, it is safe to say that Cody is way more likeable than Paulie by far. Even though Cody had his flaws, he was nowhere near as unbearable and unlikeable as Paulie on his worst day. The final straw was when he managed to incite a huge blowup in the Jury House of all places because he ran his mouth around the girls and made Da'Vonne angry enough to storm around the place and demand the cameras be shut off and Bridgette said he made her skin boil. The end result of lying about his sanity to get greenlit as a contestant. The complete opposite of James and Victor who have a near 100% Adoration Rating and are highly popular with the public.
- Academic Athlete: Managed to spell the word "sustainability" in a Scrabble-themed challenge. Not to mention that despite being strongly athletic and competitive, Paulie is also rather smart and strategic. He most definitely has the edge over Cody in terms of intelligence and game instincts. Paulie seems like he would come off as either a Dumb Jock or a Dumb Muscle because he seems like he doesn't have all that much in the way of brains. It should be noted that despite his intelligence and strong strategic abilities in the game, it is uncertain if he is smart or intelligent in real life. His speaking manner makes him sound like he is not all that intelligent and his constant cursing makes it sound like he has very limited vocabulary. One thing is for certain, he definitely seems to be much smarter than Cody when it comes to the game and he definitely seems to have more common sense and logic, despite his unlikeable personality.
- Affably Evil: Paulie appears to be sociable to the other houseguests but in reality, he is actually plotting their demise in his head. Paulie appears to be the sociable guy who will befriend a houseguest and preach to them about how he wants to take them far in the game, but he is just manipulating them and telling them what they want to hear to further his own game or agenda. The real kicker is that so many of the houseguests seem to be hypnotized by Paulie and a lot of them seem to like him on a personal level and trust him in the game. This is a testament to how strong Paulie's social game is. However, Paulie had a lot of people fooled. He was nothing more than a Devil in Plain Sight yet nobody realized that he was one of the biggest trash talkers in the house. He had so many targets in mind and nobody seemed to catch on. It was mostly because he was good at trying to presuade people that he was their ally and their friend,even though he was actually their enemy and was secretly plotting their demise.
- Alas, Poor Villain: Subverted. Paulie was having a majorly rough week being nominated and losing the POV that would have saved himself from going home. To make matters worse, Paulie had to conduct a Pie Baking Punishment for the rest of the summer that he remained in the game. He also ended up having a major emotional breakdown to the extent that he was rebelling against Big Brother rules by not doing his pie baking punishment went he was supposed to. He acted like a Sore Loser for the entire week that he was on the block and knew that he was going home. And the funny thing is, NOBODY felt bad that Paulie was leaving. In fact, everyone, with the exception of Nicole and Corey, was happy or elated that Paulie was finally going home. After the way Paulie treated the other houseguests so poorly and the way that he constantly demeaned the women in the house and talked constant trash about the other houseguests for no reason, it's no wonder why nobody mourned him after he was evicted and instead, were very satisfied that they were finally rid of the toxic influence that was Paulie.
- Ambition Is Evil: Paulie was extremely ambitious about getting far in the game. He had a strong drive to get to the end so that he could live up to his younger brother Cody's reputation. To try to get to the end, Paulie decided to play a very dirty and scheming game which resulted in much lying, backstabbing, and manipulating of other houseguests. He was also incredibly ruthless and showed a Lack of Empathy after he backstabbed houseguests. He also played extremely personal and went on the attack against the others, especially the female houseguests. Unfortunately for him, Paul's ambitious personality was what cost him the game. His overly ambitious personality cost him the game because nobody ended up trusting him or wanting to be his ally anymore. Even Bridgette admitted to Paulie in the jury house that Paulie had lost the game a long time ago no matter how hard Paulie may have worked or if he had made it to the Final 2. His ambition had caused a lot of people to be turned off by him.
- Tiffany and Frank. Frank is one of Paulie's enemies because he had heard that Frank had been throwing him under the bus and had considered nominating him alongside Corey. What makes it worse for Paulie was that he and Corey made a deal or an alliance with Frank at the start of the game. Tiffany used to be somewhat of an ally for Paulie in the first couple of weeks in the game, mostly because they were siblings of former Big Brother players (Vanessa and Cody). However, Paulie started to distrust Tiffany when she showed how paranoid and sketchy she was to her allies. It didn't help that Tiffany tried to win the Power of Veto during the week that she was supposed to throw it so that he could backdoor Victor and send him home. Paulie has also frequently compared Tiffany to Vanessa, saying that they both use their emotions as strategy in the game to get what they want.
- Michelle. She was originally an ally to Paulie and the two got along very well in the beginning. However, Michelle felt betrayed by Paulie because Paulie had intentions of getting Da'Vonne out of the house. When Da'Vonne was evicted, Michelle ended up blowing up Paulie's game to everyone and slandering him to all of the houseguests. As a result, the majority of the houseguests started to turn on Paulie and realized that they were all being played by him, Michelle included. This managed to put a major target on Paulie's back. Paulie became angered at Michelle and saw her as an adversary because she blew up his game and trash talked him to numerous houseguests. This deeply angered Paulie and resulted in him wanting to get rid of Michelle. The two have a very antagonistic relationship and Paulie and Michelle have been in some arguments.
- Natalie. Paulie's vendetta against Natalie seems to be more personal than game related more than anything because Natalie has never done anything to Paulie in the game. Hell, Natalie hardly communicates with Paulie and the two are not even in an alliance. Paulie has gone out of his way to personally attack Natalie's physical appearance (consistently mentioning that she has fake boobs, even giving her the nickname FT's which means "Fake Titties") and her personality (calling her fake and constantly referring to her as a "Jersey Girl") for no reason. Paulie seems to know Natalie in the real world as they seem to come from the same social circle due to the both of them being from New Jersey. It is uncertain of Paulie has such a strong personal vendetta against Natalie because she reminds him of a lot of the girls that he has dated or has grown up with or if she reminds Paulie of his ex girlfriend whom he had recently broken up with before coming into the house.
- Da'Vonne. Although their rivalry did not start until both of them were out of the house. Even when Da'Vonne and Paulie were still playing the game, Da'Vonne never trusted Paulie completely because he was in a showmance with one of her closest allies Zakiyah. Paulie had every intention of getting rid of Da'Vonne after learning that she was wanting to target all of the couples in the house (including Paulie/Zakiyah, James/Natalie, and Corey/Nicole). However, Da'Vonne was completely unaware of the fact that she was on Paulie's radar. During Week 6 when Paul was Head of Household, Paulie had made it his mission to make sure that Da'Vonne would be a backdoor target, even offering himself up as a pawn to be nominated alongside Bridgette (who was Paul's real intended target). Da'Vonne was backdoored and Paulie was successful in getting her out of the house after weeks of trying to do so. However, Da'Vonne and Paulie's rivalry became more intense and heated once they both went to the jury house. Da'Vonne had found out that Paulie had won the POV and chose to not use it on Zakiyah when she was nominated for eviction. This made Da'Vonne extremely angry and she never forgave Paulie since then. When Paulie entered the jury house, Da'Vonne made it clear face to face that she did not personally like him and that he made alot of mistakes concerning Zakiyah.Their rivalry has become one of the most intense of the season. It doesn't help that Da'Vonne and Paulie are constantly personally attacking each other, with Da'Vonne constantly attacking Paulie's physical appearance, his height and his personality traits and Paulie attacking Da'Vonne ability to be a good mother to her daughter because of her over the top antics and behavior. It is very clear that the two absolutely hate each other, so much that Da'Vonne chooses to not acknowledge that Paulie is in the jury house with her. Da'Vonne's personal hatred of Paulie has even managed to destroy her friendship with Zakiyah since Zakiyah has decided to mend things with Paulie and is on speaking terms with him again after having a falling out.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: Paulie is a great competitor but he sure has a very cocky and arrogant way about him. Some fans even feel that Paulie likes to win a lot of competitions because he wants to boost his own ego. Let's not forget that Paulie always likes to feel like his is running everything and he will display a very controlling behaviour towards other houseguests. Pauline seriously seems to think that he is the King of the Big Brother house.
- Asshole Victim: In Week 7 and Week 8, things really start turning bad for Paulie. He ends up having all of his allies turn on him after his game is blown up and exposed. His allies distrust him because they realize that he was playing them and manipulating them. They end up blindsiding him when the vote out Zakiyah over Michelle, who was Paulie's intended target. To make matters worse, Victor ends up winning Head of Household and nominating him and his ally Corey next to each other. Paulie also loses the POV to Victor, which would have given him the power to remove himself from the block and give him safety since he was the intended target. On top of all of this, Paulie has a complete emotional and mental breakdown and he is clearly broken down from all of the chaos that encountered in just one week. With all that has happened to Paulie, there should be a lot of sympathy and compassion for his situation. Unfortunately, Paulie has been so arrogant for a while that it is hard to feel sorry for him when the reason that he is in this situation to begin with is because he overplayed his hand.
- Awesome Mc Coolname: His last name "Calafiore" is really cool to pronounce. It is an Italian last name, therefore, it is understandable why t would be a really interesting and fun name to say.
- Badass Boast: Like his brother Cody, Paulie makes a lot of promises and threats in the game. However, unlike Cody, Paulie has actually managed to follow through on some of the threats that he has made.
- Bait the Dog: In the beginning, Paulie was one of the most popular houseguests of the season. He seemed like he was a likeable guy; in fact, he seemed much more likeable in comparison to Cody. However, that changed as the weeks gone by and Paulie showed that he is rather unlikeable in personality. His treatment of Tiffany in particular has been dishonourable, mostly because Paulie felt threatened that Tiffany would be a similar player to her sister Vanessa. Paulie also had no problems with treating Frank, also one of his former allies, terribly all the way till he was evicted. Now that Frank and Tiffany are gone, Da'Vonne seems to be Paulie's new scapegoat. In addition, Paulie has also thrown his close ally and showmance partner Zakiyah under the bus to numerous other houseguests and he has no problem using her and manipulating her to his own advantage. All in all, Paulie comes off as very unlikeable and many fans have expressed disappointment in his behaviour. Interestingly enough, the same thing happened to Cody during his season; Cody was liked in the beginning of the season until his true colors started to show later on in the game.
- Bash Brothers: With Corey. Corey is practically Paulie's right hand man in the game and could easily be seen as Paulie's closest ally next to Zakiyah. Possibly averted now, as Paulie seems to be the closet to Paul and Paul has now taken over Corey's place as his right hand man in the game.
- Beauty Is Bad: The guy's very attractive but don't let that fool you, he's pretty much a Devil in Plain Sight now. Most of the houseguests either work for him or are too afraid to go after him. Not to mention that Paulie also displays some sexist and misogynistic attitudes towards the female houseguests. He can also be very arrogant, cocky and controlling.
- Big Bad: Now that Frank has been evicted, Paulie might be on his way to becoming the main villain of the season. He is a Manipulative Bastard who is running the house and controlling everything. Michelle even makes a comment about this, saying that Paulie has become more and more like Frank because of his bossy and controlling behaviour.
- Big Man on Campus: Paulie is very well liked by the rest of the house and seems to be very popular with the ladies. He's also buddies with all of the guys as well. Not to mention that he is physically attractive, smart and athletic as well. Subverted Trope after he Took a Level in Jerkass and showed his true colors. He seems to be widely disliked now by a lot of the other houseguests with the exception of a few (such as Corey and Nicole).
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Paulie originally seemed like a nice, sociable and likeable houseguest but it turns out that his true colors came out and he is actually rather manipulative, controlling and unlikeable in personality. He has shown to be a sexist and misogynistic individual and he has virtually attacked every single female houseguest with the exception of Nicole. In addition, the way that he has treated Zakiyah has been terrible and borderline abusive. He spent weeks talking trash about Zakiyah behind her back yet to her face, hewas pretending to still be on her side. Paulie used Zakiyah like a dirty tissue and made her look foolish on television. This was the same guy who stated openly that he did not like the way Frank was treating the women in the house, such as sexually harassing them, making sexist comments and slapping the women's butts. Paulie even went as far as to call out Frank on his bad behaviour. But that version of Paulie was obviously fake since it turns out that he displays the exact same behaviour that he was advocating against. Over the weeks, Paulie's true colors and his real personality emerged and there was no going back.
- The Bluebeard: Downplayed. Paulie is no where near the flirt that Cody was during his season. Unlike Cody, who pretty much flirted with or befriended every single female houseguest in the house only to end up backstabbing them and then evicting them afterwards, Paulie was pretty much loyal to only one female in the house and that was Zakiyah. Even though Zakiyah was his closest ally for a while, Paulie eventually started to plot her demise once he realized that she was no longer useful to his game. He ended up having Victor nominate Zakiyah with her being the intended target to go home. Zakiyah had no clue that Paulie had betrayed her and plotted against her behind her back. Paulie didn't even use the POV on her to save her from the block! Which was a dead give away that Paulie was planning on getting rid of her but Zakiyah was much too naive at the time to realize it as she still believed that Paulie had her back and was still very much loyal to her. Even though Paulie had voted to keep Zakiyah over Michelle, it didn't change anything since Paulie was the one who "killed" her in the game and was the one who was indirectly as well as directly responsible for her eviction.
- Break the Haughty: In Week 7, Paulie manages to have his entire alliance or allies (such as Paul, James, and Victor) turn on him. They do this because they find out that they had been played by Paulie the entire time and that he had so many different alliances with various different people. To get back at Paulie, they all decided to blindside him by evicting Zakiyah instead of Michelle. To make matters worse, Victor wins HOH after the Double Eviction. He then nominates Paulie and his closest ally Corey. The other houseguests try to break Paulie down by arguing with him and calling him out on his behaviour in the house and towards other houseguests. On top of it, Paulie also loses the POV to Victor, a competition that would have ensured his safety for the week. As of now, his only hope is to have the Round Trip Ticket back into the house or a possible Jury Buy Back competition. Emotionally and mentally, it seems that this has all gotten to Paulie and he seems to have crumbled quite a bit. This is a far cry from the Paulie who had all the power and was controlling the game for the first six weeks. One could argue that this is simply karma and it may be a double dose of karma that Victor is the one who is going to be responsible for Paulie being evicted (because Paulie was responsible for bad dooming and evicting Victor in Week 2).
- Brief Accent Imitation: During his statement to the houseguests prior to the first eviction vote, Paulie does an impression of Al Pacino as Tony Montana in Scarface.Paulie (as Tony): "You guys want to vote for me to stay? OK, that's fine. You vote to evict me, that's the last time you're gonna see this face again."
- Catchphrase: Frequently uses the phrase "Type thing" after he says something. One could assume that it is Jersey talk.The use of "Type thing" has become so popular that almost all of the houseguests have used it at one point or another. Even Nicole seems to have picked it up.
- The Charmer: Paulie is very flirtatious with the ladies in the house. It seems to be a trait that he shares in common with Cody. Averted as it turns out he was definitely not as charming and smooth as Cody was. Many of the women turned on Paulie and realized what a mega douche bag that he was. Cody, despite some of his flaws, was very respectful of the women in the house and was an overall gentleman, even if he flirted with them for strategy.
- The Chessmaster: Proven to be the most manipulative and scheming houseguest of the season. He is controlling everything that happens in the game, yet most of the other houseguests are too blind to see it or catch onto him. Paulie is very strategic and he has a very good read on the house and on the other houseguests. He views all of the other houseguests as chess pieces that he can use for his advantage in the game. All of his intended targets have managed to be evicted week to week so far. Paulie is also good at convincing the other houseguests to do what he wants them to do and it is very obvious that he is pulling all of their strings without them coming to the realization that they are being manipulated and used by him. In comparison to Cody, Paulie is definitely stronger when it comes to strategy and manipulation.
- Chick Magnet: Virtually all of the women in the house (Natalie, Zakiyah and Bronte in particular) have mentioned how attractive they think Paulie is.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: There is no houseguest that Paulie has not thrown under the bus at one point or another. He has even thrown some of his allies such as Zakiyah, Frank, Tiffany, and Nicole under the bus. The only houseguests that he hasn't thought about backstabbing are Paul and Corey. What is also interesting is that Paulie has managed to backstab and turn on so many people without that much blood on his hands. Every single houseguest that Paulie has turned on or backstabbed has been evicted.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Like his brother Cody, he has a tendency to use the F word or curse a lot. The constant use of the F word could be the way that they talk in New Jersey, since it seems to be a pattern with both Cody and Paulie.
- Competition Freak: Paulie is the best competitor of the season so far. He has won the most competitions, having won 2 Head Of Households and 3 Power Of Vetoes in a span of seven weeks. Not even his brother Cody won that many competitions that early on in his season.
- Control Freak: Paulie always has to be in control of everything that is going on. He has a very dominant, alpha type personality. If he doesn't have control over a situation, then he gets irritated.
- Deadpan Snarker: Paulie has a very sarcastic sense of humor. Similarly, his brother Cody also exhibited the same kind of humour, which was known to be very biting and sarcastic.
- The Determinator: Paulie is the type of person who never gives up when he really wants something. Once Paulie has set his mind on accomplishing something, he won't stop until he has achieved it. If Paulie is determined to get a specific houseguest or target out of the house, he will find every single way to make it happen, whether it be competitively, socially, or strategically (using manipulation). Paulie is also a Control Freak and he is a very persistent person.
- Evil Cannot Comprehend Good: Paulie just cannot seem to understand why someone like Natalie would be so popular with the Big Brother audience. When Natalie received the first America's Care Package, Paulie was rather shocked and disgruntled. Which is not surprising, since Paulie has had a personal issue with Natalie since Week 1 one of the game (a vendetta that is completely unreasonable and unnecessary). Paulie also cannot seem to comprehend why James had turned on him when he voted against Zakiyah in Week 7. He doesn't seem to realize that James did not take kindly to Paulie's constant trash talking of his showmance partner (Natalie) and his overly controlling and aggressive attitude in the game.
- Evil Genius: Despite being the most competitive player of the season and being incredibly athletic, Paulie is also the most strategic and intelligent player in the game this season. He is The Man Behind the Man as well as the Manipulative Bastard, meaning that he is controlling everything in the house. Paulie is very good at manipulating others and getting them to do what he wants. He's also The Chessmaster, as he is using the other houseguests for his own game agenda. He treats the other houseguests like chess pieces. He is not on Derrick, Dan or Dr. Will's level of excellent strategy and manipulation, but for this season, he's one of the best.
- Evil Is Petty: Paulie has made numerous personal remarks and attacks about the other houseguests. He has made misogynistic comments about some of the female houseguests such as Tiffany, Natalie, Michelle and Zakiyah. He has frequently made comments about Natalie's personality, feeling that she cannot be trusted and that she is fake because she has breast implants and she's from Jersey. Paulie has also thrown Zakiyah under the bus, calling her too emotional and too much of a liability to his game. It is obvious that Paulie enjoys playing head games with Zakiyah, which often results in them having an argument and Zakiyah emotionally breaking down afterwards. Paulie also has a strong beef with Michelle and deeply hates her because she is onto his game and feels betrayed by him as a former ally. He also treated Tiffany terribly, almost to the point of bullying her because he felt that Tiffany was an emotional mess and was too much like her sister Vanessa. The only people that Paulie has not thrown under the bus on a personal level are the male houseguests, such as Corey, Paul, and James.
- FaceHeel Turn: Paulie went from a likeable and sociable houseguest whom everyone liked and wanted to align with in the game to someone who became so arrogant, cocky, mean spirited and vengeful. The differences between the Paulie of the earlier weeks of the game and the Paulie of the more recent weeks are like night and day. Paulie turned into someone who became controlling and let his ego get the best of him. Because of this, Paulie's game was blown up and he might never recover from such a fall. One has to question: What the Hell happened to the Paulie of the earlier season?
- Fallen Hero: When one makes comparisons to how Paulie was at the start of the game to what he has turned out to be as of now, it's really quite shocking to see how much he has changed in just eight weeks. Paulie was one of the most liked and popular houseguests both inside of the house and outside of the house and he was a fan favorite amongst the audience. He was even considered to be the favorite to possibly win this season because he had strong gameplay. Unfortunately for him, that has changed, as everyone has caught onto Paulie's game and his scheming antics. He has become a major target for many other houseguests (such as Michelle, James, Victor, Natalie, Bridgette, Paul) and it seems like his chances of making it to the Final 2, like many fans had thought or predicted, might be slim. It seems that Paulie is getting a dose of karma and has become the new Frank of the house - the houseguest who once had many allies in the game and then lost them because of arrogance. The Paulie from Week 1 is a completely different person from the Paulie of Week 8 and it is actually disappointing to see how he has turned out.
- Final Boss: It was clear that Paulie was the most dangerous player and the biggest villain of the season. The rest of the houseguests are nowhere near as villainous as Paulie. If Paulie is evicted in Week 8 (which seems very likely as Victor has won the POV and will likely keep the nominations of Paulie and Corey the same), the rest of the season will not have any more villains. Paulie is and will continue to be the most deadly and dangerous player of the season because of the combination of his strong competitiveness, strategy/manipulations, and social game prowess. If Paulie's game was not blown up and he did not play too hard and too fast like he did, it high likely that Paulie would have made it all the way to the Final 2 and would have won.
- Freudian Excuse: Paulie once broke up with a girl, and a lot of his anger about it seeps into many of his clashes with other women in the house. He's also had money problems in the past and is actually in bad mental health and lied about it to get onto the show. His shrink said "it would be like playing with fire", but he didn't listen.
- Gag Penis: Paulie once told Zakiyah "I'm Black from the waist down", implying that he is well-endowed. There were also rumors that Cody was also well-endowed, although this was just speculation amongst the fans.
- Hot-Blooded: Similar to his brother Cody, Paulie is extremely passionate and hot headed in personality. His aggressive and hot headed personality has gotten him into a lot of trouble and he seems to get off on starting arguments with other people and confronting them. Cody, while impulsive and passionate himself, was not nearly as aggressive and forthright as Paulie is. Paulie is more likely to confront people head on and call them out while Cody would say that he wanted to call people out but would opt not to in the end. One could say that Paulie being of Italian heritage could be the contributing factor to his passionate personality.
- Humiliation Conga: During his final week in the house, Paulie was nominated by his once ally Victor. None of his fellow houseguests felt any sympathy for him with the exception of Corey and Nicole. Then after losing the veto Paulie received a punishment to bake apple pies for the entire summer. After he was evicted, on Twitter there was a hashtag called #PaulieIsEvictedParty which became very popular over his eviction with a lot of fans celebrating his demise in the game. Then when he got to the jury house Da'Vonne, Zakiyah and Bridgette all mocked him over his eviction and confronted him over his behavior towards women.
- Hypocrite: Paulie criticized Tiffany for playing her sister Vanessa's game; yet his gameplay resembles both his brother and his partner in the game Derrick. Zingbot called him out for being "a poor man's Cody" and Michelle also said in her goodbye message (spoofing Zingbot's zing) that he was "a poor man's Derrick." Also in a Buzzfeed article, Paulie criticized Bridgette for voting for Paul because she is a feminist and "supported" someone who called her friend Michelle a "cunt." However, Paulie voted for Nicole to win over Paul which is ironic because of his treatment of women in the house (he did mention in an earlier interview that he didn't think a girl will win) and he was actually once close with Paul on a strategic level.
- Jerkass: BIG TIME. Paulie was originally thought of to be one of the more likeable houseguests of the season but it turns out that he is a mega jerk who is very arrogant, egotistical, cocky, and aggressive. He has little to no problem talking trash about the other houseguests and attacking them personally. He also has a habit of mistreating the female houseguests (such as Tiffany, Michelle, Natalie, Zakiyah and Bridgette). Paulie is also very controlling in his behaviour and he believes that he is in control of everything that is happening in the game. If he does not get his way, Paulie will resort to bullying or intimidating behavior.
- Joisey: Paulie hails from Howell, New Jersey but he is originally from Hackensack, New Jersey. It is very clear that Paulie is from New Jersey because of the way he presents himself, especially with the way he expresses himself or the way that he talks. His brother Cody had the same "New Jersey swagger".
- Laser-Guided Karma: After treating women horribly throughout the season, Bridgette planned his demise by turning his allies Paul, Victor and James against him. After Bridgette left she was responsible for influencing Victor's second HOH reign to evict him. When Paulie arrived to jury house he found out from Bridgette he lost every jury vote if he was in the Final 2 because they felt that his gameplay was too personal and they felt that he shouldn't win because of his personal attacks towards women. Also in the jury house, Da'Vonne confronted Paulie over the way he treats women and things turn for the worse after Paulie brought up her daughter which she screamed at him "Don't bring up my daughter!" and proceeded to yell at Zakiyah how horrible of a person Paulie is.
- Lovable Jock <-> Jerk Jock: Paulie is very athletic and is a soccer player. He started out as what seemed to be a nice individual, but he later on became more arrogant, cocky, domineering and aggressive in personality. He is also very entitled and on occasion, he resorts to intimidation and bullying of other houseguests. He seems to think that he is invincible and that nobody can or should go after him in the game.
- The Man Behind the Man: Paulie is clearly the Manipulative Bastard and The Chessmaster of the season, as he is the houseguest who is playing everyone and manipulating the entire game to his advantage. Many of the other houseguests seem to be entranced by him and they always end up doing what he wants in the end. Paulie is the puppet master and all of the other houseguests are just his puppets.
- Manipulative Bastard: It is easy to see that Paulie is the one running the game and pulling all of the strings. He is also rather manipulative and cunning in his approach and he shows that he has little no no problem with playing ruthlessly and stabbing people in the back. It seems that he got good advice from Derrick before coming onto the show; Derrick also did mention he should not have won many competitions otherwise he would've made it in the Final 2.
- Manipulative Editing: Paulie was edited out of the special Friday episode which is one of the most infamous edits Big Brother has done yet. This edit was done to make it look like the Ziggy Marley concert happened after Paulie's eviction. Some examples include Nicole's right arm being removed where Paulie was and Victor "winning" Paulie's tech pack which he mentioned on the live feeds. However, Ziggy Marley tweeted a photo with Paulie in it which is Paulie's only available footage from the episode.
- Mr. Fanservice: Another thing Paulie has in common with Cody is his shirtless scenes.
- Never Live It Down: Has more than once expressed worry about getting evicted early on, because Cody would likely never let him hear the end of it. His brother, however, has more faith that Paulie won't repeat the same mistakes (particularly choosing a strong player and trusted ally like Derrick over a floater such as Victoria to take to the Final 2) that cost Cody the $500,000 prize, as he mentions in a ''TV Guide'' interview.
- One Steve Limit: Double subverted. His given name is Paul just like Paul Abrahamian, but he is always referred to as "Paulie", making the distinction clear.
- Ship Tease: Hardcore with Zakiyah. The two are obviously attracted to each other and many of the Big Brother fans consider them to be a showmance. They constantly flirt with one another and have shown that they are strongly loyal to each other.
- Sore Loser: He did not take his eviction very well. Da'Vonne even called him out for this in the jury house. Paulie was also considered to be a bitter jury member because he would not accept that he lost the game and lost all of the jury votes if he was in the Final 2.
- Start of Darkness: Do you want to know why Paulie went crazy? He lied about his mental stability pre-season. All because he was the brother of a former contestant with a free pass into the house. Paulie actually went against the advice of his shrink to go on the show because he had a fear of enclosed spaces and severe depression, and going on the show could cause him to snap. He After a few weeks, Paulie completely lost it.
- Straw Misogynist: Makes some pretty... sexist comments, such as saying that Victoria knew to "keep her mouth shut" and "knew her place". Then there is his treatment of Zakiyah....
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome: Another thing he has in common with his younger brother Cody. However, technically speaking, it's a Averted Trope on the tall part, since Paulie is actually shorter than his brother (Paulie has said that he is about 5'7" or 5'8"). Cody fits this trope a little better because he has got darker hair than Paulie and he is also taller than Paulie.
- Tall Poppy Syndrome: Despite strongly resembling him, Paulie initially hedges against revealing that his brother is Season 16 finalist Cody, out of concern that he'll be targeted because of this. Despite this, he decides to reveal this fact to the other roommates anyway, just to get any suspicions out of the way.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: And how! Compare early game Paulie to the current Vanessa Rousso, and Derrick Lavasseur-like Paulie of today. He's insulted virtually every female houseguest with the exception of Nicole.
- Uncanny Family Resemblance: Invoked by Michelle in the season premiere, who immediately figures out that Tiffany and her sister, Season 17 finalist Vanessa Rousso, might be related due to their fairly strong resemblance.
- Villainous Breakdown/Villainous BSoD: By Week 8, it is clearly obvious how emotionally and mentally broken down Paulie has become. Much of what caused this to happen was all of the drama and chaos that ensued during Week 7. His entire alliance or all the people that he was aligned with (James, Paul, Victor, Michelle, etc) turned on him. His game was blown up by numerous people and they all began to distrust him. During the Week 7 eviction, Paulie (along with Corey and Nicole) was blindsided when they decided to vote out Zakiyah. To make matters worse, Victor wins HOH after Double Eviction. He is blindsided again when Victor nominates him alongside his closest ally Corey. It gets even worse when Paulie loses the POV to Victor, a competition that would have ensured his safety. During this time, Paulie becomes completely emotionally unstable and starts to have numerous breakdowns. Even the other houseguests (including his allies that have turned on him) are concerned for his mental and emotional well being.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Paulie's tendency not to wear a shirt in the house is lampshaded by Michelle in a DR entry following Category Four's assignment of their pixel punishment, stating that he and Frank practically walk around the house nearly naked anyway.
- You Look Familiar: Before he was selected to compete in Season 18, Paulie had a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo in the 17th season, during a segment in which Cody and Season 16 winner Derrick discussed the season. Paulie was shown arriving to Derrick's house for a cookout during that piece, making him the only houseguest to have appeared in a prior season before becoming a contestant.
Bridgette Hailey Dunning (Juror #03)
Bridgette Hailey Dunning (Juror #03)
Born: Jul 15th, 1991 (age at time of competition: 25)
Hometown: Fresno, CA
Current City Of Residence: Ventura, CA
Occupation: Traveling Nurse
Number Of HOH Wins: 1
Number Of POV Wins: 1
Number Of Times Nominated: 3
Number Of Times As Have-Not: 1
Prizes/Punishments Taken: 8-Day Pixel Suit Punishment, Outback Dinner
Team: Category (Frank, Bridgette, Michelle, Paulie)
Finished: 9th Place [3RD JUROR]
Evicted: 5-1 VS. MICHELLE
HOH/POV Evicted Under: COREY (HOH/POV)
Voted For (As Jury Member): PAUL
- 100% Adoration Rating: After a Reddit post of some houseguests bullying Bridgette in the house went viral her popularity increased dramatically with many Big Brother fans giving Bridgette support as all as Big Brother alumni Steve Moses and Jackie Ibarra. She got another boost of popularity when she helped Paul and Victor turn on former ally Paulie (who is disliked by the public) to help further them in the game. Even without making Top 3 for America's Favorite Houseguest she is considered one of the most likeable players in this season of Big Brother. Not to mention, had Bridgette not been evicted in the double eviction she would've been rewarded the 3rd care package after her eviction the safety suit went to 2nd place winner Nicole.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Has been pretty mercilessly bullied and treated poorly by the other houseguests from as early as the first week, something that was curiously edited out of the television broadcasts.
- Ambiguously Brown: Bridgette is of Eurasian descent, meaning that she is half-Asian and half-Caucasian. It is uncertain what her specific ethnic background is, but she does have a strongly exotic appearance.
- Ascended Fangirl: She's a superfan of Big Brother. Affirmed during a conversation between her, Paulie and Josea about Nicole's nomination of the latter of the three in Week 1, when Bridgette off-handedly revealed that she is a follower of Nicole's Twitter account.
- Beta Bitch: Seemed to be one for both Bronte and Natalie. Bronte and Natalie both have Alpha Bitch personalities and tend to start all of the trash talking, but Bridgette seems more like someone who is a follower of them and only engages in the petty trash talking when both Bronte and Natalie are doing so. Bridgette may be catty and bitchy at times, but she is much nicer than Bronte and Natalie.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Bridgette has admitted to having a "dark side," that only her friends know about and particularly comes up when coming across mean people.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Like some of the other female houseguests, Bridgette appears nice and friendly most of the time, but do not be fooled. She does have a rather bitchy and catty side to her. This is the same girl who has said that she had a desire to shave off Michelle's eyebrows. Granted, it was understandable why she would make such a comment since she and Michelle have had an ongoing rivalry since the start of the game, but it's still inexcusable. Bridgette is nice, but not too nice.
- Brutal Honesty: Bridgette is extremely honest and never sugarcoats how she feels. She's highly opinionated and is always willing to call people out on their BS. Before she was evicted, Bridgette called out Paulie and ended up exposing his game to the entire house. Everyone ended up targeting Paulie afterwards because of Bridgette's honesty about Paulie.
- The Cutie: Bridgette has a personality befitting a nurse: she's rather likeable, generally nice and sweet. Although Da'Vonne has assumed that her seeming innocence may be an act, after Bridgette said that she doesn't trust Nicole's game strategy in awareness of Nicole's prior experience as a contestant.
- The Dragon: To Frank. She was basically Frank's minion and wanted to do everything that Frank told her to do. She also didn't seem to care that she was being used as an Unwitting Pawn by him. When Bridgette was Head Of Household, the nominations she had made during Week 3 (which were Paul and Tiffany) were actually really Frank's nominations because he had intended to get Tiffany out that week. The other houseguests even commented and said that Bridgette's HOH was really Frank's HOH and they were absolutely right. Subverted now that Frank has been evicted.
- Extreme Doormat: Made extremely obvious during her week as Head of Household, but she basically lets Frank decide everything for her with no argument. She lampshades this in a conversation with Bronte (while the latter tells her that whatever backlash for the nominations of Paul and Tiffany that week occurs, will fall on Frank's hands), worrying that since her nominations were essentially controlled by Frank that the other houseguests might not think she has a backbone. Incidentally, this backfires against her as it results in Bronte's nomination by Frank after he wins the Roadkill Competition and Bronte's subsequent eviction, causing Bridgette to lose one of her strongest allies in the game.
- Genki Girl: Bridgette is usually very upbeat, high energy and often brandishes a smile on her face. She's always enthusiastic about everything.
- Girl Next Door: Accessibly cute? Check. Sweet personality? Check. Likeable? Check.
- Good Counterpart: To Frank, her Evil Counterpart. While Bridgette is a nice girl and Frank is more ruthless, the two managed to become fairly close friends (with Bridgette as the unwitting non-evil minion), up until she found out that Frank was responsible for Bronte's eviction nomination in Week 3.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: While Bridgette has dropped a few profanities that had to be censored on the television episodes, her DR entry expressing Tranquil Fury over the Roadkill Competition winner (Frank)'s secret nomination of Bronte as the third houseguest up for eviction during Bridgette's Week 3 reign as Head of Household qualifies, even though the sentiment still gives an apparent "watch your back" vibe:Bridgette: Whoever the heck won this Roadkill, you have no idea who the heck you're messing with. If I find out who you are, watch your freakin' back.
- Grew a Spine: Leading up to the first Double Eviction, Bridgette finally gets fed up with the more sexist attitudes of the male House Guests and calls out Paulie particularly. Unfortunately for her, Corey ends up winning both the HOH and Power of Veto and she gets sent to the Jury House.
- Handicapped Badass: She ended up spraining an ankle and on crutches for a while.
- Hello, Nurse!: A literal example. Bridgette is a travelling nurse for a living. It's uncertain if she works in a hospital or not.
- Nice Girl: A trait of Bridgette's that can be an asset for her social game, and it's partly because of her affable nature that when Bridgette first became HOH in Week 3, she cited that she wanted to get as little blood on her hands as possible; not to mention she had good intentions when inviting the Big Sister alliance to join Category Four for their Outback Steakhouse dinner she won through the Week 3 POV (because it was Zakiyah's birthday on the day of the dinner, and in order to help Frank and Da'Vonne smooth things over over steak and beer). However, the disadvantage in her overall gameplay is that this trait holds Bridgette back from being assertive, considering her initial HOH reign was piggybacked decision-wise by Frank.
- Straw Feminist: Downplayed. Bridgette admits to being a feminist, but she clearly states that she doesn't hate all men. She just doesn't respect men who disrespect or put down women and acting like all men are superior to women. One of the reasons why Bridgette was so anti-Paulie was because she came to the realization that Paulie was a misogynist and a chauvinist who had a giant ego and got way too cocky. Bridgette understood that even though Paulie was the dominant player who was controlling things behind the scenes, she didn't respect the way he treated the women and talked to the women in the house. Bridgette's disdain for Paulie grew even more because of what Paulie did by calling Natalie horrible names and making misogynistic comments about her in addition to betraying Zakiyah and talking badly about her behind her back to his male allies.
- Surfer Chick: Bridgette mentions in her intro package that the main reason she moved to Southern California, was to learn how to surf.
- Tomboy: Bridgette is very much a tomboy. She's not as girly as Bronte, Natalie or Zakiyah. She enjoys some male-dominated past times such as surfing. Unlike the other female houseguests, Bridgette also doesn't seem to dress up in fancy clothes or wear that much make up either. Instead, she wears casual clothing such as jeans, tops and Converse sneakers.
- Unwitting Pawn: For Frank, up until his eviction. She had literally done everything that he had asked her to do and it was obvious that Frank was just using her to do what he wanted in the game. Unfortunately for Bridgette, she was just too enthralled with Frank to even realize it.
- When She Smiles: Bridgette has a very adorable and infectious smile.
- Written-In Infirmity: Of the unscripted variety. Bridgette accidentally fractures her ankle, after falling during a failed attempt at one of Frank's signature back-to-back jumps, while celebrating with him following her POV win in Week 3.
Zakiyah Narisha Everette (Juror #02)
Zakiyah Narisha Everette (Juror #02)
Born: Jul 11th, 1991 (age at time of competition: 25)
Hometown: Charlotte, NC
Current City Of Residence: Charlotte, NC
Occupation: Preschool Teacher
Number Of HOH Wins: 0
Number Of POV Wins: 0
Number Of Times Nominated: 1
Number Of Times As Have-Not: 3
Prizes/Punishments Taken: Outback Dinner (Guest)
Team: Big Sister (Da'Vonne, Paul, Jozea, Zakiyah)
Finished: 10th Place [2ND JUROR]
Evicted: 3-2 VS. MICHELLE
HOH/POV Evicted Under: VICTOR (HOH), PAULIE (POV)
Voted For (As Jury Member): NICOLE
- Abhorrent Admirer: Although Zakiyah did not realize it, Paulie eventually came to see her as this. Although the two had a very strong bond at the start of the game and had each other's backs, their relationship began to crack due to differences in personalities and in gameplay. Paulie referred to Zakiyah as a liability to his game because he felt that she was way too emotional and was a huge distraction. Eventually, their relationship became very one sided when previously, there was a mutual attraction between the two. Paulie would then start playing on Zakiyah's emotions and manipulating her by pretending to be affectionate with her, even though he was talking badly behind her back to other houseguests and was even plotting her eviction.
- Absolute Cleavage: She wears a lot of tops, dresses and especially sports bras that show off her buxom and her cleavage. She also wears a lot of tops and clothing that shows off her toned stomach and it appears to be her signature.
- Action Girl/Action Survivor: Described herself as a "bad bitch" in her intro package, in which she was shown to be a crack shot with a gun while practicing at a gun range. Because of her intro, it was assumed that she would be a strong competitor and would be the toughest female houseguest of the season. This is considered to be a Subverted Trope because it turns out that she is not that great of a competitor and she comes off as more of The Load, someone who is pretty useless in the game.
- Affectionate Nickname: Paulie would often call her "Z" as a pet name for her. Eventually, everyone else in the house started to follow suit and call her by this as well.
- All Take and No Give: Zakiyah was an Extreme Doormat for Paulie an did everything that he had asked of her. She had Undying Loyalty to him and had blind obedience to him. Paulie clearly manipulated her into submission so that he could have complete control over her. Even though Zakiyah was extremely loyal and trusted Paulie to a fault, Paulie didn't return the same trust and loyalty to Zakiyah. In fact, after weeks of using her and manipulating her to do his bidding or whatever he asked, Paulie was plotting and scheming to get her targeted, nominated and then evicted behind her back while Zakiyah had absolutely no clue. Because of the nature of their relationship, many fans felt that their relationship was Domestic Abuse.
- Bare Your Midriff: Zakiyah wears a lot of tops that expose her waist or midriff. It seems to be one of her signature styles. This definitely puts her in Ms. Fanservice territory.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Zakiyah is generally a Nice Girl, but do not cross her or piss her off. She actually has quite a temper when she is really provoked into anger. Not to mention that although generally nice, she can be very catty and bitchy at times, especially towards some of the other female houseguests. One could assume that she is very competitive and sees the other female houseguests as competition, in particular, for Paulie's attention.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: On the show, she is shown as fairly affable. On the feeds, she draws a lot of ire from fans for her passive-aggressive maneuvers towards Bridgette. Zakiyah is actually one of the most catty girls in the house. She has talked crap about Nicole, Bridgette, Tiffany, Michelle, and Natalie.
- Black Best Friend: Zakiyah could be considered this for Nicole and Michelle. Zakiyah seemed to have a rather close bond with Nicole early on in the game and Zakiyah recently became closer to Michelle.
- Brutal Honesty: She's highly opinionated and doesn't hesitate to speak her mind if she's provoked into doing so. While in the house, she retained her composure, she sure let out her true feelings in Jury. After Paulie entered the Jury House after being evicted, Zakiyah confronted Paulie about why he didn't choose to save her in the game by using the pOV that he had won on her to remove her from the block. Zakiyah accused Paulie of manipulating her, using her and lying to her for the entire game, something that she would have never said to Paulie's face while they were still in the house together. Zakiyah made hot clear that she felt Paulie was against her from the beginning and that he had always been plotting against her and wanting to get her out of the game. Paulie retaliates that he wanted to get rid of her because she had been getting on his nerves and playing the victim card too much for him to handle anymore. The confrontation between the two got moire intense and heated when Zakiyah called Paulie a "bitch" and a "loser" and that he got a grand dose of karma for his actions. Paulie accused Zakiyah of playing games with him while they were still in the house and that one minute, she would want to be affectionate with Paulie but the next minute, she would try to push him away and distance herself from him. Zakiyah yells at Paulie to not even think of playing her because she isn't a dumb bitch and she isn't going to fall for his foolish games. Da'Vonne and Bridgette were spectators to Zakiyah finally growing courage and calling Paulie out to his face and boy, were they elated and proud of her for giving Paulie the blunt and honest truth to his face!
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Definitely shows strong shades of this towards Paulie. Zakiyah gets upset or insecure any time Paulie hangs out with another female houseguest, such as Natalie for example. Zakiyah was also very needy and would constamtly throw herself at Paulie so that all of Paulie's attention would be on her and he would not get distracted by the other female houseguests. She is arguably the most jealous and needy girl of the season. One could argue that Zakiyah's jealousy towards Paulie would put her more into Yandere territory.
- Dark Mistress: Zakiyah was the Love Interest or the showmantic partner to Paulie, who was the Big Bad or the villain of the season.
- Deadpan Snarker: Along with being a Sassy Black Woman, Zakiyah's kind of humour tends to be of the sarcastic and snarky kind.
- Dogged Nice Girl: Towards Paulie. Although Paulie and Zakiyah originally had a mutual attraction towards each other, their relationship began to deteriorate because of jealousy and trust issues. However, this has not stopped Zakiyah from persistently pursuing Paulie, much to his dismay and annoyance. Zakiyah's behaviour towards Paulie has made her come off as desperate at times.
- The Dragon: For Paulie. Zakiyah has been one of Paulie's main allies in the game. The two had a strong bond since the beginning of the game and they built immediate trust in one another. They are also considered to be a showmance as the two have a mutual attraction for each other. Zakiyah has expressed Undying Loyalty to Paulie on numerous occasions and how it would be very difficult for her to turn her back on him in the game.
- Co-Dragons: Along with Nicole, Paul, Corey, Victor and James. They are all working alongside Paulie in the game, however, Zakiyah was one of Paulie's closest allies because she was in a showmance with him.
- Devour the Dragon: Paulie has been plotting against Zakiyah for a few weeks now, saying to the other houseguests that he sees Zakiyah is more of a liability to his game because she is too emotional and causes too much drama. Paulie seems to be on board with evicting Zakiyah eventually, although Paulie does have bigger fish to fry at the moment (bigger targets to get out).
- Dragon with an Agenda: As of recently, Zakiyah has started to distrust Paulie in the game and has come to the realization that Paulie may not be as loyal to her as she has been to him the entire time. Zakiyah has even mentioned to some of the other houseguests about Paulie's disloyalty to her and that she has to be careful with what she says to Paulie until she is sure that she can trust him. During her recent Diary Room sessions, Zakiyah has caught onto Paulie's disloyalty when she saw that he had immediately dropped out after she dropped out of the Week 7 HOH Endurance competition. As of right now, it is unclear of Zakiyah is just using Paulie or if she still has a degree of trust in him.
- Noble Top Enforcer: Zakiyah is much nicer than Paulie. However, despite this, Zakiyah is a Clingy Jealous Girl and a Lovable Alpha Bitch. She can be very catty, bitchy and opinionated, especially regarding the other houseguests. Zakiyah seems to be more submissive in contrast to Paulie, who is seen to be very domineering. Zakiyah has disagreed multiple times with how Paulie has conducted himself, that it has even led to the two of them having a few arguments or fights. Many of the houseguests have warned Zakiyah about Paulie's bad attitude, but she still cannot stop being loyal to him. It seems that Zakiyah's Undying Loyalty to Paulie always wins out mostly because she seems to be too weak to say no to him.
- Villainous Friendship: Zakiyah has had a close bond with Paulie since the start of the game. The two were mutually attracted to each other and developed a showmance in the game. Even though the two have had tensions in their relationship, they still seemed to genuinely like each other.
- Extreme Doormat: For Paulie. Despite the horrible way that Paulie treated her, Zakiyah still submitted to Paulie and did what he wanted. Zakiyah would let Paulie talk over her and put her down but she did not seem to have any backbone to stand up to him and defend herself. Many fans complained that Zakiyah was letting herself be emotionally sabotaged by Paulie and she came off very weak because of it. Some of these same fans felt that Zakiyah and Paulie's showmance was veering into Destructive Romance territory because Paulie was manipulating her and emotionally abusing her. Even after all the nasty thing that Paulie said to her face during their fights or arguments, Zakiyah still proclaimed Undying Loyalty to Paulie. It took her being nominated (and later on, evicted) to finally realize that Paulie was playing her all along.
- The Fool: Does Zakiyah seriously not realize that Paulie is just playing her and manipulating her in the game? The real question is: Is Zakiyah there to win the game and win 500 G's or is she there for a showmance with Paulie? Many fans complain that Zakiyah's head is just not in the game and that she seems to think she is on The Bachelor instead of Big Brother.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Zakiyah has a strong jealous streak. She becomes envious of any female houseguest who happens to give Paulie any attention. Zakiyah's jealous streak has managed to cause problems in her relationship with Paulie and they have gotten into disagreements because of it. It could be argued that Zakiyah is easily the most jealous female houseguest of the season.
- Grew a Spine: After spending the entire game being nothing but a doormat for Paulie and doing everything that he says, Zakiyah finally has the guts and the strength to call Paulie out when he enters jury. Paulie proclaims that Zakiyah never had his back and would constantly play the victim to make Paulie look bad. Zakiyah tells Paulie that they didn't have to do anything of a romantic nature while still in the game but Paulie insisted because he was using the romantic angle with her while he was manipulating and using her. This deeply upset Zakiyah because she confirmed that Paulie was playing her the entire time and was plotting to get her out of the house. Zakiyah argues to Paulie that she's not a dumb bitch and that he can't play her now that they are both outside of the game. It sparked an intense fight between Paulie and Zakiyah with Da'Vonne and Bridgette being spectators to the entire thing.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Da'Vonne. Zakiyah has stated that Da'Vonne was her closest ally and friend in the house. The two instantly bonded from the beginning, possibly because they had a lot in common, including being two strong Black women. Da'Vonne has stated that she views Zakiyah like a younger sister and that Zakiyah in return looked up to Da'Vonne like an older sister.
- Hot for Teacher: Zakiyah is a preschool teacher and is undoubtedly very attractive, with Paul even noting he wished he had a teacher who looked like her when he was in school.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Her demise was planned by Bridgette who she bullied maliciously for weeks. Bridgette with her new ally Michelle planned to evict Zakiyah to weaken her ally (and now boyfriend) Paulie after he did not use the veto to save her. Bridgette turned his once allies Paul, Victor and James on her side and planned to evict Zakiyah to give Paulie one less ally on his side. Even after Bridgette left she was still responsible for Victor's second HOH reign to evict Paulie and ending the all guy alliance The Executives. In an interesting turn of events, Zakiyah who once encouraged everyone to isolate Bridgette has now been isolated by her once friends Da'Vonne and Michelle because they don't want to be around Paulie who disrespects women and treated Zakiyah terribly.
- The Load: Although Zakiyah has the potential to be a good competitor, she has proven that she is weak or useless in winning competitions. Zakiyah even complains about this, saying that she just can't seem to win competitions and she feels like a loser because of it.
- Lovable Alpha Bitch: Zakiyah can be pretty catty, mean spirited and jealous at times but for the most part, she is still likeable and a Nice Girl.
- Love Hungry: Zakiyah seems desperate for Paulie's love and affections. She will do anything to gain his attention, even if she has to constantly throw herself at him. Many fans have referred to Zakiyah's desperation for Paulie's attention as "pathetic". Zakiyah almost comes off as the second coming of Danielle Murphree (from Big Brother 14) with the way she acts around Paulie.
- Love Makes You Crazy: Zakiyah acted completely irrationally over Paulie. She basically ended up throwing her game away for him and was willing to sacrifice herself for him. She also got incredibly clingy, overly attached and extremely emotional over Paulie. She had let her irrational jealousy over Paulie communicating with the other female houseguests cloud her judgement and logic.
- Love Makes You Dumb: Zakiyah seriously thought that Paulie was so loyal to her that he would never betray her or turn on her for the men. Paulie had been playing Zakiyah for weeks and she was too blind and gullible to see it because she had put all of her trust in Paulie. When Zakiyah does eventually find out that Paulie had turned on her and was plotting her demise, her game was already ruined, as everyone wanted her out. It is clear as day that Zakiyah was completely blinded by her infatuation or obsession with Paulie that she didn't even realize that he was playing her and manipulating her emotions before it was too late.
- Mad Love: Zakiyah was clearly obsessed and in love (more like lust) with Paulie, but going by their relationship and interactions with each other, it's clear that Paulie didn't feel exactly the same way about her. In fact, Paulie had even stated to some of the other houseguests that he found Zakiyah way too needy, clingy, jealous and possessive and that her behavior would incite annoyance and irritation for him.In many ways, their relationship with incredibly one-sided as Paulie was simply using Zakiyah to further his game while Zakiyah had genuine feelings for Paulie that weren't being equally reciprocated.
- Ms. Fanservice: Zakiyah is one of the most physically attractive female houseguests of the season. She also loves to show off her physical assets by wearing rather revealing clothing.
- Odd Friendship: With Michelle. Zakiyah and Michelle do not seem like two people who would get along or be friends with each other because Michelle has more of a nerdy and Girl Next Door personality while Zakiyah has more of a hip and fashionable personality.
- Out of Focus: Zakiyah hasn't been given much focus on the television episodes, and is mainly only seen during competitions and gameplay discussions with her other alliance members. She doesn't begin to come into focus until Paulie considers forming an alliance of his own.
- Playing the Victim Card: Zakiyah was accused by Paulie of playing the victim too much. It was one of the reasons why Paulie got tired of her presence and plotted her demise along with Victor and Paul. Paulie flat out called out Zakiyah to her face that he wanted to be rid of her in the house because she was constantly playing victim and he grew sick and tired of her clingy and needy behavior towards him.
- Sassy Black Woman: Zakiyah is definitely very snarky and sassy when she wants to be. She also speaks her mind and has strong opinions, especially about the other houseguests.
- She's Got Legs: One of Zakiyah's best physical attributes are her legs, at least according to many fans of the show.
- The Slow Walk: Does this as strategy in the second HOH competition to avoid elimination, which annoys Paul, who wanted her to get across the course faster and put the berry she was holding in the compartment to improve Big Sister's chances of winning.
- Southern Belle: Zakiyah hails from Charlotte, North Carolina and she's from the very heart of the Southern United States. She sort of downplays this because she doesn't exhibit the classic characteristics of this trope and she doesn't have a strong Southern accent either.
- Stalker with a Crush: Zakiyah was so obsessed with Paulie that she would literally follow him everywhere around the house. She was also a Clingy Jealous Girl who would follow Paulie to make sure that he isn't flirting with or talking to other girls in the house, notably Tiffany and Natalie. When Paulie and Tiffany used to go into rooms alone together to talk to each other, Zakiyah would go out of her way to follow and stalk them and would end up trying to break up any conversations and interactions between them.
- Statuesque Stunner: Despite Zakiyah saying that she is only 5'5", she appears taller because of her body type.
- Twofer Token Minority: Zakiyah is one of two Black women cast this season. Zakiyah is considered this because she is Africa-American (an ethnic or racial minority group) and she is also a woman. The other Black woman cast this season is Da'Vonne.
- Yandere: For Paulie. Zakiyah was so obsessed with Paulie that she seemed to care more about him than about the possibility of winning the game and winning the money. She is also a Clingy Jealous Girl who got irritated or jealous anytime Paulie flirted or even talked with another female houseguest. She would also give a Death Glare to any other female houseguest, in particular Tiffany, Natalie and Bronte, who was near Paulie. An even more specific example was when Zakiyah became extremely jealous about Paulie's relationship with Tiffany. She would go out of her way to interrupt Paulie and Tiffany's bonding moments or conversations simply because she felt threatened by Tiffany and her relationship with Paulie. Zakiyah even went as far as to target Tiffany and want her out of the house because she felt irritated and threatened that Paulie had a close relationship with Tiffany. Zakiyah also felt that Paulie might choose Tiffany over her.
Da'Vonne Dianne Rogers (Juror #01)
Da'Vonne Dianne Rogers (Juror #01)
Born: May 10th, 1988 (age at time of competition: 28)
Hometown: Inglewood, CA
Current City Of Residence: Los Angeles, CA
Occupation: Poker Dealer
Number Of HOH Wins: 0
Number Of POV Wins: 0
Number Of Times Nominated: 1
Number Of Times As Have-Not: 2
Prizes/Punishments Taken: Outback Dinner (Guest)
Team: Big Sister (Da'Vonne, Paul, Zakiyah, Jozea)
Previous Season Appearance: Big Brother 17 (Finished 16th)
Finished: 11th Place [1ST JUROR]
Evicted: 6-2 VS. BRIDGETTE
HOH/POV Evicted Under: PAUL (HOH), PAULIE (POV)
Voted For (As Jury Member): NICOLE
- 100% Adoration Rating: Da'Vonne is by far one of the most popular houseguests this season. Despite not making Top 3 for America's Favorite Houseguests, during her time on Big Brother she quickly became an internet meme with her eviction exit for her original season which has been used in millions of tweets. Not to mention, she has also received support from Tamar Braxton and La Toya Jackson during her time on the show. Fans also use gifs of her facial expressions on Twitter when something good or bad happens throughout the season of Big Brother.
- Action Mom: Subverted Trope. Last season, she did not win any competitions and she was the second evicted houseguest of the season. Da'Vonne did manage to make it farther in the game this season, but she continued her streak of being completely useless competitively. However, this does not negate the fact that Da'Vonne is rather solid on a strategic level. Unfortunately, Da'Vonne just did not put her strategic instincts to good use and she trusted the wrong people. She also managed to last over 6 hours in an endurance competition and came close in a few competitions.
- Angry Black Woman: Averted Trope. Although Da'Vonne was impulsive and Hot-Blooded on her original season, she seemed to have learned to tone down her anger and her temper this season. She realized that on her last season, her temper and her combative personality was what made her become a huge target in the house. Therefore, she decided to try to bite her tongue more often, even if she felt the need to want to confront people. Despite her thing down her impulsiveness, there were still occasions when Da'Vonne ddid let her temper and her emotions get the best of her, such as (understandably so) the Frank sexually harassing her situation. Other than that, Da'Vonne has done a good job of keeping calm, cool and collected and she even admitted that it was her strategy to correct that flaw while in the game. Played straight during the Jury Segment in Week 12 when Paulie and Da'Vonne get into a major blow out with each other. Da'Vonne gets up in Paulie's face and yells at him, but she really goes off on him when Paulie brings up Da'Vonne's daughter and not being a good example for her. Although her reaction to Paulie's comment is very much justified, we can definitely see shades of the Hot-Blooded Da'Vonne who has a major temper when provoked.
- Badass Boast: Da'Vonne has always had confidence in calling people out on their BS and she has managed to get into trouble in the game because of it. She has made threats towards houseguests that she feels are shady or are up to no good. However, Da'Vonne is not as confrontational this season as she was last season. She is still very opinionated though.
- Big Sister Instinct: Towards Zakiyah. Da'Vonne has openly stated that she sees Zakiyah as a younger sister. She has said that she has always felt a close bond with Zakiyah and felt that she had a lot in common with her. As a result, Da'Vonne felt the need to look out for Zakiyah during the game and would give her advice on how to behave at times (especially with Paulie).
- Black Best Friend: Da'Vonne seemed to be this with Nicole very early on in the game until mistrust tore the two apart. Da'Vonne and Nicole had even planned to go to Final 2 together. Da'Vonne could also be considered as this to James, who she was also close with last season. In fact, James was arguably Da'Vonne's closest ally in the game because they were both returning players, both parents to a young child and both were on the same season so they had an immediate trust with one another.
- Brutal Honesty: Da'Vonne is very honest, frank and blunt and she has strong opinions. She never hesitates in speaking the truth and calling people out when it is necessary. An example of this is when she called out Frank on his harassment of all of the female houseguests in the house. Da'Vonne put Frank in his place and fed him the truth about his antics. She displayed this exam frankness and brutal honesty last season, specifically with Audrey, but unfortunately, it got her into a lot of trouble and ended up getting her evicted early in the game.
- Cassandra Truth: Da'Vonne warned James that they have to go after the showmances (minus him and Natalie of course). James failed to listen to her advice and sent her packing with a slight exception of sending Zakiyah and Paulie packing after Da'Vonne left. However, James was blindly loyal to Nicole believing she had his back when when her only loyalty was to Corey. Da'Vonne was spot on in her advice as couples dominated the game this season.
- Closer to Earth: Da'Vonne was one of the most strategic and logical players, despite her occasional Hot-Blooded-ness. She could be seen as the Team Mom and an Only Sane Woman, as she did have a rather good read on the house and on the other houseguests intentions. In addition, Da'Vonne has also become more level headed and practical this season and she has also given sage game advice to some of the other houseguests (namely Zakiyah, Nicole, Tiffany and Michelle). Da'Vonne's popularity has also increased this season because she has managed to tone down her hot headed and confrontational attitude.
- Deadpan Snarker: Comes with being a Sassy Black Woman. Da'Vonne is very sarcastic, snarky and opinionated. Some would even argue that Da'Vonne is the source of humor on the show, especially since her DR sessions are so animated and upbeat.
- The Determinator: Da'Vonne is very determined and persistent. She will never give up whenever she is determined to achieve something. Even when the situation is dire, she still tries to a find a way to believe that it will get better. Da'Vonne is also the type to never let go of something that somebody did to her. For example, when Frank harassed her by inappropriately slapping her on the butt, she stuck to her guns and kept insisting that Frank should leave. Despite her determination, this trait never seemed to translate to her ability to win competitions. She may be determined in regards to her personality and not giving up easily, but she cannot seem to put her determination into actions.
- Genki Girl: Da'Vonne is a very extroverted, excitable and loud personality. Everything about her is hyperactive and she's very much a Large Ham. She's such a hyper and enthusiastic person that she has become a huge internet meme and her DR's as well as her expressions have made her very popular online.
- Graceful Loser: Considering that she was back doored and voted out, Da'Vonne actually took her eviction pretty well. It doesn't mean that she didn't feel hurt or betrayed in any way though. She stated in her exit interview that she wishes all of her houseguests luck in the game, although she did say that she was rooting for James, Michelle, and Zakiyah to win.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Played Straight and how! GOOD GOD, Da'Vonne sure lights up like a fire when she gets angry. It doesn't take much to get her riled up in anger and she is extremely Hot-Blooded. An example of how fast her temper can rise is during the jury house segment when Da'Vonne got into a major blow up with Paulie. Paulie and Da'Vonne exchanged personal attacks and insults at one another, but as soon as Paulie brought up her daughter and her parenting skills as a mother, DA'VONNE COMPLETELY LOST IT ON PAULIE. She became a downright Hysterical Woman who looked like she had lost her sense of rationale and sanity. After Paulie made the mistake of bring up Da'Vonne's daughter, she got up in his face and looked like she was going to seriously take a physical swipe or hit at him. Da'Vonne was so irrationally angry and heated at Paulie and the fight became so intense between the two that the producers had to step in and try to stop the fight as well as calm a very enraged Da'Vonne down. That footage just showed that one shouldn't piss Da'Vonne off because she can sure get angry quick like a wildfire!
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Zakiyah. The two were extremely close allies and friends in the house. Da'Vonne openly admitted that she saw Zakiyah as a little sister and that she always felt the need to protect her and defend her in the game. It was clear how much Da'Vonne loved Zakiyah on a personal level after she was evicted and cried over watching Zakiyah's goodbye message.
- Hollywood, California: Da'Vonne is originally from Inglewood, California. Inglewood is a city that is located within the southwestern part of Los Angeles County. It is also located in the South Bay region of the Greater Los Angeles Area.
- Hot-Blooded: Although she tried not to act like this the second time around, given that her short fuse was instrumental in getting Da'Vonne evicted in Season 17, she shows this as early as Week 1, when he gets ticked off at Paul (although she chooses to only express it in her DR entries) for his lack of teamwork in the first three competitions. Still, so far, Da'Vonne's appeared to have learned her lesson from the previous season, choosing to vent her frustrations in her DR entries, rather than arguing with those she's frustrated with.
- I'm Not Here to Make Friends: Since she wanted to play again to get redemption for her eviction the previous season, this trope is the reason why Da'Vonne wasn't so thrilled about having to compete in a team, even stating that she hadn't even bothered to learn the names of half of her fellow houseguests... as illustrated when she confused Paul and Paulie when picking the former for the first competition.
- In-Series Nickname: "Mama Day". Da'Vonne has frequently expressed how much she dislikes that nickname on the live feeds. One could speculate that Da'Vonne may dislike the nickname because it makes her sound like she is some super older woman.
- Large Ham: Played Straight and Played for Laughs. Da'Vonne is a such a HUGE personality and everything about her is grand, big, large and exaggerated. Her expressions, the way that she talks and her movements are very over the top and excessive and Da'Vonne never does anything small. In fact, she's so expressive during her DR sessions that she has become a major internet meme because of her highly larger than life and expressive personality.
- Lovable Alpha Bitch: Da'Vonne can be very catty and bitchy at times and she can also be very argumentative and confrontational. However, despite this, she is still rather liked by the audience and seems to have a very good sense of humor. Therefore, whenever Da'Vonne exhibits bitchy behaviour, she still comes across as likeable and funny. This is in opposition to Michelle, who tries to be very snarky and sarcastic, but comes across as way too abrasive and aggressive in her approach.
- Magical Negro: Subverted Trope. On her original season, she was the Black Best Friend to Jason, Meg, Jackie, and Audrey. She was seen to be more supportive of them and their games. She was very complimentary to her friends and seemed like she was willing to sacrifice her chances of winning for her friends (hence why she was the second houseguest evicted). However, this season, she does not seem to be as supportive of her White houseguests, although she was aligned with Nicole and Michelle for a short while. Before Nicole turned on Da'Vonne, Da'Vonne had a minor degree of Big Sister Instinct towards Nicole and the two even talked about going to Final 2 together. It should also be noted that the majority of the people that she chose for her team are all people of color (except for Paul, who is Russian and Armenian in ethnic background).
- Motor Mouth: Da'Vonne talks a lot, especially when she gets excited or heated about something. Once Da'Vonne gets going, she cannot seem to stop.
- Rejected Apology: To Frank in Week 3, by way of playing it off as if she accepted Frank's apology for his harrassing behavior, simply because he has the power over the nominations (even though Bridgette was the HOH). Da'Vonne makes it clear, in a DR, that he's her next target.
- The Rival:
- Da'Vonne quickly becomes frustrated with Paul because of what she considers to be his attempts to take control in the first two competitions. However that mellowed out and she and Paul got along afterwaord.
- In the first couple of weeks, she also started working to convince the house to go after Tiffany.
- She also very quickly forms a mutual animosity toward Frank, someone whom she stated was one of her favorite past players up until she became the target of his harrassment.
- This later turned to Nicole as Da'Vonne learned that Nicole threw her under the bus to Frank.
- Finally, she later disliked Paulie ever since Paulie didn't use the Veto to save Zakiyah. Things turned heated, when Paulie and Zakiyah started to bond in the jury house much to Da'Vonne's dismay. In turn Paulie and Da'Vonne got heated in the jury house causing him to bring up her daughter.
- Sassy Black Woman: Though her modus operandi in competing again is trying to avoid being this, given it hampered her game in Season 17, her "chick from Inglewood" persona manages to come out at times. In a DR featured in the Week 3 nomination episode, she expressed how tough it was to keep her cool when dealing with Frank's misogynistic behavior, out of fear that she would be seen as a "loose cannon" and a "liability".
- Scary Black Woman: Played Straight, especially when she gets enraged or angered. Da'Vonne is known to be very Hot-Blooded with a Hair-Trigger Temper and she can get set off rather easily to the point whee eh really loses her cool. A prime example of Da'Vonne coming off as very intimidating and playing into the unfortunate stereotype of the Angry Black Woman was during a Jury House segment. Da'Vonne and Paulie had gotten into a huge fight in which Da'Vonne was resenting Paulie for him managing to snake his way back into Zakiyah's good graces. Da'Vonne was acting petty towards Zakiyah and Paulie because of it and this angered Paulie very much. Paulie and Da'Vonne exchanged personal jabs at each other such as Da'Vonne attacking Paul's height and calling him short and a little man and that he "had to be at least 6'0" tall to talk to her" while on the other hand, Paulie repeatedly called Da'Vonne classless and ghetto. But what really pushed Da'Vonne into downright scary and intimidating mode was when Pauli had the audacity to bring up Da'Vonne's daughter in the conversation by saying that Da'Vonne is setting a bad example for her daughter by the way she is acting and displaying ghetto behavior. Da'Vonne DID NOT take this well and she ended up getting up into Paul's face to the point where it appeared as though Da'Vonne was going to physically hit him. She got so into his face that the filters and producers had to step in to break up the fight between them. One thing is for certain, DO NOT attack her daughter or bring her up because Da'Vonne can sure become scary, intimidating and crazy!
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Even though Da'Vonne does not do this intentionally (as she focused on playing the game instead of campaigning for TV time), the editors prefer showing Da'Vonne a lot in the show as she has one of the most diary room segments this season as well as the jury house segments. Executive Producer Allison Grodner also called Da'Vonne at one point "our star" of the show and felt terrible for her after she got evicted.
- Team Mom: She's a single mother and has a baby daughter named Kadence. She also turns out to be the sole mother of the season. Therefore, she does take on a bit of a maternal role in the house. Da'Vonne is also one hell of a Mama Bear considering how she absolutely went crazy and ballistic when Paulie brought up his daughter and how Da'Vonne was setting a bad example for her by her bad behaviour.
- Twofer Token Minority: Da'Vonne is one of two Black women cast this season along with Zakiyah. Da'Vonne is considered to fit this trope because she is African-American (an ethnic or racial minority group) and she is also a woman.
- What the Hell, Big Brother?: Says this practically word-for-word in a DR entry during the Toezarks Power of Veto competition, when she gets sprayed with toe fungi while trying to find letters for the word puzzle, obscuring her from uncovering the letter she's holding.
- You Look Familiar: Da'Vonne was featured in Todrick Hall's flash-mob of Beyoncé's End Of Time which was shot in a Target store (around the 2:51 mark Da'Vonne can be clearly seen). Beyoncé actually shared this video.