- Badass Boast: In Episode 47, Kaiba threatens the Big Five by saying "Fool me once (Big Five teaming up with Pegasus), shame on you. Fool me twice (Virtual World), shame on me. Fool me three times, you're gonna get curbstomped by Seto Kaiba."
- Badass Long Coat: Mentioned in Episode 44 when Joey and Tristan talk about how they didn't think Kaiba's coat could get any more badass than it already was.
- Badass Creed: In Episode 47, the Big Five parody the infamous Team Rocket motto, complete with the background music.
Prepare for trouble!
And make it double!
To protect the world from Japanimation!
To overthrow the Kaiba Corporation!
To denounce the meaning of the original dub!
To extend our reach to the world above!
blast off at the speed of light!
Surrender now or prepare to fight!
- The Bad Guy Wins:
- Happens at the end of season two. Eventually, the protagonists undid it.
- Happens again in Episode 49, in a surprise deviation from the source material's plot.
- Bad Liar: From Episode 62.
Piss on all you guys! This was supposed to be my
tournament. I spent like five hours arranging it! Five. Whole. Hours.
[...] I won't let my tournament end on such a mushy, positive note. I'm going to do something so horrible, that it will steal all the attention from you guys and put it right back where it belongs. With Seto Kaiba.
Yugi: What are you going to do, blow up the island and kill everybody?
Yugi: You sound like you're going to do that now.
Kaiba: Come oooon, are you kiddiiing, come oooon, who do you take me foooor? Come oooon. (quietly) Mokuba, ready the thermal charges.
- Beam-O-War: "Ancient Egyptian Laser Beams".
- Be Careful What You Wish For:
Kaiba: I'm shutting down your research lab, Nesbit.
Nesbit: Mr Kaiba, I beg you to reconsider.
Kaiba: 'kay. [Lab blows up]
Kaiba: I did. I was going to renovate the building after I shut it down.
Nesbit: Then why...
- Because Destiny Says So:
Kaiba: "Are you trying to tell me that Yugi and I are destined to play card games with each other for eternity?"
Kaiba: "Best. Destiny. Ever."
- She tries this a second time but it fails spectacularly.
- Bedsheet Ladder: subverted - "I sure am glad I'm a cartoon!"
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Made into a Running Gag in Episode 60, where Tristan shouts "Just f*ck already!" during almost every argument.
- Berserk Button:
- "My breasts are not fake!"
- "I am NOT a freaky fish guy!"
- Eventually, "Shut up, Mokuba."
- Also, Marik isn't gay. At all. Get out of my hotel room!
- "Friendship sucks."
- Don't Call Yugi Wack.
- Beware the Nice Ones:
- Mokuba seems to be the villain of Season Zero.
- In Episode 20, Mokuba: "My brother is Seto Kaiba. I can decide who lives and who dies."
- Big Bad: Believe it or not, Mokuba is this for Season Zero.
- Big Damn Heroes: Averted in episode 46.
Marik: Don't worry, Bakura! This is the part where Yugi shows up and saves everybody from certain damnation...! Any minute now!
- Big "NO!":
- Joey: "I just realized—now that the tournament's over, we have to go back to school." Tristan: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO—" *cut to credits*
- Tristan gets another one much later when he discovers his conversion into a robot monkey.
- Marik lets out a particularly long one when he realizes that he no longer has a tan in Marik plays Bloodlines 2.
- Bilingual Bonus:
- Most likely unintended, but during the "Leather Pants" song, Marik starts attempting to sing in French. However it sounds like he's saying "spoon" in a manner reminiscent of the Burgund king...
- Even more so with "C'est une série abrégée!", a remake of the entire first episode in French.
- Bishie Sparkle: Marik and Bakura get them during the line "we're really Just Friends" in "Leather Pants".
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Season Zero Episode 2 subverts the hell out of this with Seto. Most of the episode is one set-up after another for the Seto we all know and love to hate to come out from behind the nice (albeit still protective of his fortune) guy facade, but he never does.
- Bizarro Episode: Invoked: Yugi is the only one who wonders why Episode 38 (Or as he put it, a "redundant sh** fest of an episode") ever happened.
- Bizarro Universe: Season Zero, according to Word of God. As if the obviously different characterizations for Yami, Seto and Mokuba, and the warping of just about every catchphrase in the regular abridgement, weren't enough of a giveaway.
- Blah Blah Blah:
Yugi: Blah Blah, Card Games, Blah.
Pegasus: Blah Blah Blah, Attack Mode, Blah.
Yugi: Blah Blah Blah?!?
Kaiba: He said, uh, 'blah blah blah I'm a crappy duelist!'
Joey: Blah blah blah I am not!
- Blasphemous Boast:
- Kaiba on learning that the baby Jesus doesn't have a jet shaped like a Blue-Eyes.
Kaiba: Ha! Kaiba 1, Jesus 0.
- Another one in episode 55 - when remarking on the biblical nature of Noah's Deck Master, he is called a hypocrite by Yugi and reminded of his Halloween costume
Kaiba: Can you guess who I am?
Witty Phantom: Uh...
Kaiba: I'M JESUS!
- Blood Sport: According to Steve Luna, card games on the moon. The losers die of asphyxiation, the winners also die.
- Bodysnatcher: At the end of episode 49, Crump beats Téa in a duel and takes control of her body, remaining inside of her until episode 53.
- Borrowed Catchphrase: The effect of Joey using the Copycat card.
- Bow Chicka Wow Wow: Téa does it once.
- Breakout Character: The one and only Marik Ishtar, rapidly rose to become YGOTAS's most popular character, to the point where he more or less became LittleKuriboh's most frequently used character in random non-episode videos.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall:
- There is no fourth wall! Joey and Tristan complain Little Kuriboh takes so long to post new videos, Bakura's Running Gag is that he's a minor character and nobody remembers him, and characters in general know fully they're characters in an internet spoof of the original anime.
- In fact, according to Episode 41, Shadi's job is to protect the fourth wall because, if it was broken, bad things would happen. Shadi himself acknowledges how much he sucks at it by sarcastically commenting "Great success!"
- As of Season 3, the fourth wall has officially been "destroyed" — the show is cancelled and retitled "Yu-Gi-Oh! The Cancelled Series" and centers on operatives of 4Kids trying to dispose of Yugi and his friends since they have no further use for them.
- At the end of the virtual world arc when Noah performs a Heroic Sacrifice to destroy Team 4kids and Gozaburo Kaibathe series gets retitled to "Yu-Gi-Oh! The Renewed Series".
- At the end of the Battle City Tournament the series get retitled to "Yu-Gi-Oh: The Ruined Series"
- Break the Haughty: Kaiba gets a brutal one in episode 44. After effectively crippling Ishizu's deck he goes on a Hannibal Lecture to her about not caring about the 4th wall and is about to play Obelisk the Tormentor. Then Ishizu plays a card that allows her to get her and Kaiba to swap all the cards in their deck for the ones in their card graveyards. Kaiba basically defeated all her cards and ONLY LOST SIX. This means that Kaiba is down to only six turns before his deck runs out and he forced to concede the game whilst Ishizu gets the majority of her deck back from the graveyard. He takes a good minute just saying one long fuck.
- Brick Joke:
- When Yami goes to save Téa from a mugger, he mentioned he looks damn good in a tutu. Thirty-nine episodes later, a picture of Yugi in a tutu turns up on his person - Kaiba even admitted that.
- In episode 31, a bird landed on Marik's shoulder (Well, Marik's mind slave, Steve the mime). He names it Mr. Tweetums. In episode 43, Melvin and Mai play a shadow game in which any time a monster is killed, the player loses memories of their loved ones. Melvin announces that he doesn't have any loved ones to worry about forgetting, but then he loses his memories of Mr. Tweetums, and takes it badly.
- When Tristan and Duke are hanging from the blimp, one of Tristan's imaginary shoulder Zack/Cody heads falls off the blimp and the other is unsure which it was. After watching The Suite Life of Zorc and Cody in episode 46, it can be inferred that it was Zack who fell to his death.
- Shortly after that scene we get a callback all the way back to around episode three:
Tristan: In another few hours the sun will rise.
Devlin: What the f*** does that even mean!?
Tristan: [distraught] I don't know, but it's true!
- One Brick Joke turned into a Running Gag: In episode 19, Yugi responds to the sight of Kaiba smiling at Mokuba with "Every time Kaiba smiles, a puppy dies." The next time he smiles (in episode 30), a caption of "+ 1 Dead Puppies" appears. The number would upgrade every time Kaiba smiled again.
- In episode 55, Kaiba gets turned into a stone statue, whilst smiling. Joey promptly remarks that it's the puppy apocalypse.
- In episode 14, during a flashback to "the 4Kids version" of how Yugi and Téa met, Téa explains that she wants to save up money to become a table dancer in New York. During the credits to The Movie, while explaining what happens to each character after the movie ends, it's explained that Téa does in fact become a table dancer.
- Also, during his date with Téa, Yami is attacking his milkshake for no apparent reason. When Kaiba and Ishizu are dueling he wonders what happened to that milkshake.
- "Oh, I get it! He was implying that you wanted me to sleep with you!"
- The very existence of Kaiba's Real Father - Conclusion is one. There are also several near the end of the video, the most obvious of which is lampshaded and relates to the conclusion and a Plot Hole it causes.
- Episode 48 opens with Yugi remarking on LittleKuriboh's British accent slipping in during Episode 6, then cuts to a flashback of said episode with the British slang and accent taken Up to Eleven. Later still, Everyone Loves Mako does the same.
- Episode 47 makes a reference all the way back to episode 8, referencing when Tristan (temporarily) got a new voice.
Gansley: 4Kids took pity on us, they gave us new voices!
Tristan: Your voices changed!? That's impossible!
- In episode 48, Duke tells Tristan that he has a disease where if he doesn't "have half naked girls applied to his body at regular intervals", he'll die. In episode 49, he grabs Serenity's hand and asks her is she doesn't mind him taking her top off for a moment. Moments later Serenity is heard telling Duke, "I'm glad I could help cure you."
- In the Deleted Scenes episode, Yugi warns Tristan that quoting any abridged series not made by Little Kuriboh will get his legs broken by a wrench. Near the end of the episode, Tristan changes Duke's theme song to Ghost Nappa's theme song, resulting in Yugi breaking his kneecaps
Yugi: Gee, I wonder who could have broken Tristan's kneecaps. With a wrench. Specifically this one.
- In the episode when Téa dueled Mai one of her cards was the penguin from Happy Feet, and now in episode 49 she asked a penguin to meet him.
- "After all, in space no one can hear you scream."
- "Zach and Cody are my imaginary friends."
- "Snot him!"
- In episode 51, Joey worries that he, Yugi, and Téa will be attacked by gay vampires. As revealed in episode 13, gay people and bats are the same thing.
- Then in episode 52, we get Joey yelling at Tristan to put down the stick, because "Remember what happened with da scissors?"
- And then from Episode 53, "Apply the handbrake you moron!"
- In episode 54, Evil Tristan seems to have forgotten who Team Four Star was. This was already explained in episode 43:
Yami: "Melvin has blocked Joey from Mai's brain! It's just like what he did to Team Four Star."
- In episode 61, there's another Brick Joke that capitalizes on a running gag—this time involving Melvin's hugs when he gets pwned by the Ragnarok spell that involves all Yugi/Pharoh's monsters giving him "the biggest bear hug of his life."
Melvin: I know I said I wanted a hug, but I didn't mean it like this!
- Broken Record: KILL YOUR FAMILY. KILL YOUR FAMILY. KILL YOUR FAMILY. KILL YOUR FAMILY. KILL YOUR FAMILY. KILL YOUR FAMILY. KILL YOUR FAMILY. KILL YOUR FAMILY.
- Broken Aesop: Played for laughs frequently:
Yami: Bullying is just wrong, destroying peoples' brains with magical powers is a-okay!
Yami: Maybe next time you'll think twice before forcing someone to part with their valuables. Now hand over your Star Chips and kiss my feet.
Pegasus: Remember kids, gambling is good for you!
- Burn the Witch!: Tristan, after observing some of Duke Devlin's dice tricks and leaping to the obvious (for him) conclusion.
- But He Sounds Handsome: Inverted by Odion. When he stands in for Marik, he owns up to all the insults hurled at him and even adds a few of his own. "Malik", meanwhile, plays it completely straight.
- But Not Too Bi
- Butt Monkey:
- Joey and Tristan
- Bakura as well.
Téa: Oh no! It's the other Bakura! The one we don't like!
Joey: You're gonna have to be way more specific, Téa.
- Jaden Yuki, especially from Yami Yugi and surprisingly Yusei (and sometimes Jack Atlas).
- Serenity in the first season.
- Yugi's Grandpa.
- [Insert Adjective Here] Celtic Guardian.
"I am so frustrated!"
"I am so bamboozled!"
"I'm not sure what I believe in!"
- Robot Monkey Tristian.
- Naruto The Abridged Series. Mainly due to the fact that Naruto Abridged uses a lot of LittleKuriboh's jokes.
- When Yugi, Jaden and Yusei team up in the Bond Beyond Time Abridged Movie, Jaden becomes this among the group.