Basically, things like characters performing brief rap numbers in stories where it isn't the primary subject. Compare Piss-Take Rap and A Wild Rapper Appears. Hopefully unrelated to Gratuitous Rape.
Examples:Anime and Manga
- Gintama: Katsura and his "Katsurap."
- Even more gratuitous are the recaps for the Thorny Boys arc.
- That one episode of Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo with the roller coaster.
- The masked slasher in Scary Movie dances around the room and dispenses some rapid-fire rap lyrics after the other characters invite him to smoke some marijuana. He even uses his knife to make "cool" rap gestures - but apparently gets a little too into it, because he ends up slashing everyone in the room to death.
- Epic Movie contains several scenes.
- Bulworth. A jaded politician decides to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth to the American public… in rap... Significantly better than it sounds.
- Titanic: The Legend Goes On. With the rapping dog. "It's party time!"
- Rapping shark in In Search Of The Titanic, making it two full length animated movies about the Titanic disaster featuring rapping animals.
- Die, motherfucker, die, motherfucker, die! It works a little better here because the entire movie is set to hip-hop. Which is hilarious because it's about weedy white (and one Indian) office workers.
- The Hard Knock Life scene from the 3rd Austin Powers movie. Which also happened to be a parody of a rap by Jay-Z that sampled the soundtrack from Annie.
- The infamous "Ninja Rap" sequence in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of Ooze. Perpetrated by the one and only Vanilla Ice.
- Yo, the name is Batty! The logic is erratic! Potato in a jacket! Toys in the attic! I rock and I ramble! My brain is SCRAMBLED! Rap like an animal, but I'm a mammal!
- Care Bears in Wonderland. The rapping cat.
- PIG POWER IN THE HOUSE!!!!
- The Villain Song in The Muppets is a deliberately over-the-top example.
- The rap battle between Bubbles and the Seagulls in The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water, done by the guys behind Epic Rap Battles of History.
- Cool Cat Saves The Kids has "Cool Cat Boogie", which even starts out with "My name is Cool Cat."
- The Ringmaster in the Doctor Who serial "The Greatest Show in the Galaxy".
- Degrassi Junior High constantly. The worst was Rick's environmental rap.
- Champion ice skater Katerina Witt suddenly and bizarrely breaks into a full-on rap during one of the Christmas TV specials she made in the early 90s.
- Each of the stiffs do this in Class of 1812 whenever they are dug up.
- You can call me Knuckles...Unlike Sonic I don't chuckle!
- The second game continues the trend. "ECHIDONA! That's what I'm representin'! Never seen a mic hog spit like a menace!"
- His coconut gun/Can fire in spurts/If he shoots ya/It's gonna hurt!
- Marlon Rimes in the DLC case of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies occasionally drops into this, even giving one testimony in rap!
- Minion Comics features a Teddy Ruxpin-esque stuffed turtle singing a rap song entitled "Punch Your Bitch In The Mouth" advising schoolchildren about how to treat their girlfriends.
- Homestuck, with GameBro, which doesn't seem to have any specific character performing it, but is a rap about an obscure plot element that resurfaces a negligible amount of times in the massive comic.
- Commentary! The Musical, "Neil's Turn": in the middle of a song he suddenly starts rapping.
I'll charm the chicks (Are those real? Ha!)Do magic tricks (Was it the three of spades? Ho!)Lay down some tapAnd I can rapMy name is Neil and I'm here to say, *random rapping noises*No I can't rapThat was painful...
- The cover version of "Splash Free" in 50% OFF adds a rap featuring Nagisa.
- South Park:
- The show gives us this little gem.
Cartman: Well I'm a badass cowboy living in the cowboy days. A wiki wiki scratch yo yo jiggy jiggy. Me and Artemis Clyde frog from the big metal spider. A wiki wiki what.
- The eponymous Public Service Announcement troupe at the beginning of "Butt Out".
- The show gives us this little gem.
- "It's Spring Training, Charlie Brown" features one. Yes, a rap in a Peanuts special.
- The Simpsons
- In one episode, Homer and Marge rap discipline to Bart. Maggie played beatbox. It was truly frightening.
- Homer also proposed a rap to advertise his Mr. Plow business.
- The conclusion of an episode of Foster's saw Harriman make a rap video to promote the house on its "spider-web".
- Dexter's Laboratory features an episode where Dexter raps about the "reality" behind Santa Claus.
- We're the Mario Brothers, and plumbin's our game! We're not like the others who get all the fame!
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic: In "Testing, Testing, 1 2 3", Pinkie Pie tries to help Rainbow Dash learn about the history of the Wonderbolts by rapping about it. Complete with a 90's style Stylistic Suck video.
- Scooby-Doo and the Ghoul School ends with Scrappy Doo rapping. It is exactly as horrendous as it sounds.
- "Hold it now, hold it now, hold it, hold it right there! You wouldn't drop, couldn't drop [Diddy], you wouldn't dare!"