Characters: Deadly Mistakes
open/close all folders
Cartoonatic55's/Twoey Pie's/The Court Witch's characters
Chester Cheeks-CobblepotSon of Dr. Insandy (Fansano version of Sandy Cheeks) and Dr. Penguinsano (Fansano version of The Penguin).
- Alliterative Name
- Everything's Nuttier with Half-Squirrels
- Half-Human Hybrid
- Mad Scientist: Or at least he wants to be one.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: He really does want to make his parents proud.
Princess CandyDaughter of Coco and King Dedede.
Movie-Brat/The Knight's characters
The Master IISon of The Master and Mystique.
The ProfessorSon of The Doctor and Orono Monroe/Storm.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Like father, like son after all.
Serena KitsuneDaughter of Renamon and Bruce Wayne/Batman.
- Berserk Button: Do something that's wrong in her eyes, she'll either make you do the right thing or kill you.
Eve HalleDaughter of Cheetara and James Bond.
Deacon MeiohSon of Evolution Logan/Wolverine and Setsuna Meioh/Sailor Pluto.
Susan XianDaughter of Shampoo and The Nostalgia Critic.
IyrsDaughter of Irisa and Ranma Saotome.
- Does Not Like Shoes: A total barefooter.
Kumo Michael AinoDaughter of Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Minako Aino/Sailor Venus.
Isa The One-Eyed Zombie's/Isa Chan/The Queen's characters
Rowan Inspector-MatthewsSon of Pickle Inspector and Two-Bit.
- Animal Motifs: Cows, according to Word Of God.
- All of the Other Reindeer: He was bullied for his appearance up until middle school, when the bullying got worse and started being directed more at his rumored sexuality.
- The Alcoholic
- Covered with Scars
- Deadpan Snarker: He has his moments.
- Friendless Background
- Half Truth: Great at telling these.
- Labcoat of Science and Medicine: He's got one.
- Mad Doctor: He tries his hardest to keep this aspect of himself under wraps, as a lot of his self-loathing springs from the fact that he has a body count, but even he can't deny that sometimes he'd like to see what his less polite companions look like on the inside...
- The Medic
- Morally Neutral Albino
- Nothing but Skin and Bones
- Only Sane Man: At least in relation to his more fantastically-minded companions.
- Self-Harm: The reason he's Covered with Scars.
- Sympathetic Murder Backstory
- Troubled Fetal Position: Tends to curl into one of these and become completely unresponsive when he's having a flashback.
Jasper CrowleySon of Anthony J. Crowley and Billy-Ray Sanguine.
- Animal Motifs: Snakes.
- Asexuality: Panromantic asexual.
- Berserk Button: Don't attack or endanger anyone he's friends with or would like to be friends with, because if you do...
- Beware the Nice Ones: ...the results won't be pretty.
- Cool Shades
- Deadpan Snarker
- Fun Personified: He tries to be. Whether or not he's successful depends on who he's around.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Human and demon.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Due to both natural trauma and forced repression, he has no memory whatsoever of the 19th century.
- Living Forever Is Awesome: He's firm in this belief.
- Older Than They Look
- Really 700 Years Old: He's 420 years old, but he looks around twenty.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Averted; he has red eyes, but he's actually on the lighter end of the moral grey area.
- Scaled Up: He's capable of taking on a demonic form which is quite serpentine in nature.
- Snake Talk: When in his demonic form, he starts to speak with this.
- Survivor Guilt: Part of the reason for his Laser-Guided Amnesia.
Inochitori HatsuneDaughter of Madotsuki and Hatsune Miku.
- Actual Pacifist: Although she very briefly puts it on hold to defend herself against Psycho Pink.
- Animal Motifs: Rabbits, according to Word Of God.
- Asexuality: She's panromantic asexual, according to Word Of God.
- Bilingual Bonus: In-universe; after escaping Psycho Pink, she insults her in Japanese Sign Language.
- Cuddle Bug: If she likes someone a lot, there's a good chance she'll be very cuddly and affectionate with them.
- Funny Schizophrenia: Averted; not only does she display symptoms of actual paranoid schizophrenia, but it is not played for laughs.
- I Just Want to Have Friends
- Mayfly-December Romance: According to Yuuka, the success of the canon timeline rides on sixteen-year-old Ino falling in love with over four-hundred-year-old Nan.
- Multicolored Hair: Half brown, half turquoise
- Robot Girl: Technically a cyborg, though.
- Silent Snarker: She has her moments.
- The Cutie: For the most part.
- The Nose Knows: To an extent; her sense of smell is abnormally strong, but not to a superhuman degree.
- The Speechless: She's mute, and communicates by writing and drawing in her notebook.
- Woman in White: She wears a white mental hospital patient uniform. The intention is to convey her innocence.
Animated C9000/The Duchess's characters
Ryker SmithSon of Roger Smith, Cronus Ampora and Linkara.
- The Alcoholic: At age 16.
- Alien Among Us: Half-alien, anyway. That he knows of, at least.
- Aliens Are Bastards: Though not as extreme as his known father, Ryker still has shades of this at times.
- Bi the Way: He really doesn't have a preference for one gender over the other, though this changes depending on which persona he's under.
- Bizarre Alien Reproduction: The half of his reproductive system he knows about is pretty strange on its own, and the half he has yet to learn about adds new levels of bizarreness.
- Disappeared Dad: Ryker knows full and well that Roger had a passionate affair with a mystery man before knocking up "some geek at a convention [he] took Steve and his friends to." Ryker just doesn't know who his birth father or surrogate father are or why he never sees them.
- The Greys
- Half-Human Hybrid
- Troubling Unchildlike Behavior: His tendency to drink and smoke at his young age.
Isaac FischerSon of Kowalski and Hayley Smith-Fischer. Created via an accidental experiment.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Isaac has to put up with one person like this from each side of his family. From the human side, it's his grandfather Stan, from the penguin side, his uncle Skipper.
- Everything's Better With Half-Penguins: In Isaac's case, not so much...
- Half-Human Hybrid: ... and this fact only makes Isaac's case worse.
- Honorary Uncle: He has three: Skipper, Private, and Rico. (Roger and Klaus are a technical fourth and fifth. Steve is actually his only biological uncle.)
- Magic Versus Science: Isaac is heavily on the Science side of the argument. However, his uncle Private has tried his best to give him a good imagination. Said imagination is usually fueled by science.
- Not So Different: In Nan's Fetter space, he realizes that both he and Nan were emotionally neglected children who did whatever they were told out of desperation to escape their lonely lives.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: He really wants to prove that he's useful to both halves of his family.
Marianela PistolesDaughter of Panchito Pistoles and Goldie Pheasant.
Jezebel HelmetDaughter of Lord Dark Helmet and Smurfette.
- Robot Buddy: Jezebel travels with her childhood robot companion Technical Evaluation Droid, or Ted for short.
Lleulu FflamDaughter of Prince Edward and Fflewddur Fflam. Created via magic.
- Berserk Button: May the gods help you if you call her "Lulu"... (Her name is pronounced "HLYOO-loo".)
binary Shenanigans'/Team Karasu/The King's characters
Yuuka KralieDaughter of Mami Tomoe and Alex Kralie.
- Action Girl
- Animal Motifs: Turtles.
- Big Eater
- Ethical Slut
- Groundhog Peggy Sue
- Hair of Gold
- Hammer Space: Where did she pull that scythe from? We just don't know.
- Mama Bear
- The Needs of the Many: She abandoned the timeline where she was scheduled to die young, but perfectly happy alongside her love in order to create a perfect timeline where everyone else could be happy. She claims that this does not affect her, but it's unclear if Yuuka tells the truth.
- Ripple Effect-Proof Memory: She remembers a good number of the cast because she has seen them in other timelines.
- She's Got Legs
- Sinister Scythe: Or maybe not quite "sinister", because it's adorned with cutesy charms one might find on a teenage girl's cellphone...
- Super Loser: She used to be this, in the very first timeline, but that might be attributed to the fact that her magical girl powers never quite got to bloom.
- Too Kinky to Torture: Claims to be this.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?
- You Are Worth Hell: Her sentiments towards everyone she recognizes in the group.
Wren deSadarSon of Santiago and Emperor Luca deSadar.
- Animal Motifs: Foxes.
- Cheshire Cat Grin: Not that he can help it, it seems to run in the family...
- Eldritch Abomination: Part of where his body image self-esteem problems stem from, but he's learned to keep his more ghastly features under control... Except for when he cries, in which an ink-like substance seeps out of his eyes until they're stained entirely black, and black, inky tentacles poke out of his throat. Luckily, he's learned to repress the urge to cry, but there are definitely ways to push him...
- Eyes Always Shut
- Hell Is That Noise: The reason he hates crying, because ever since he was born, it's sounded like some sort of horrific, distorted imitation of a baby's cry.
- The Leader: Type II, if only for the "emperor" motifs surrounding his character.
- Little Bit Beastly
- Loves the Sound of Screaming: Much to his own shame.
- Team Dad
- Transsexual: Designated female at birth, but he has begun his transition into living in a more masculine body. He has had top surgery and has started taking testosterone, but he has not had bottom surgery just yet.
Nanatsuki "Nan" SomepersonSon of the God of the Tower of Heaven and the Mysterious Benefactor.
- Animal Motifs: Octopuses, and then, after the Snow King is dealt with, rabbits.
- Cuddle Bug
- Cyclops: Appears to be one because of his blindfold with a sentient, blinking, moving eye over the front of it. He is not one.
- The Dog Bites Back: At the end of the first arc, against The Master II.
- Dragon with an Agenda: Because he considers The Master II's plans to be "hasty and destined for failure", he manipulates and changes a few things here and there.
- Evil Is Hammy: When he's on the ropes, definitely. Also during the confrontation that lured The Snow King's domain out.
- Fertile Feet: On occasion.
- Flowery Elizabethan English: For quite a while, until he slips and the heroes realize it was all an act to impress The Master II
- Friend to All Living Things
- Friends with Benefits: Eventually becomes this with Rowan. And even later, becomes this with Ayame.
- God Is Evil: More like, God Is Easily Manipulated By Handsome Strangers As A Child, Thus Taking On The Beliefs Of Said Handsome Strangers Without Realizing How Utterly Sick And Wrong They Are.
- Green Thumb
- Hemo Erotic: Sort of. He mutilates and tortures the Psycho Rangers to achieve some sort of mental relief, due to the fact that he represses his sexuality almost completely.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: His feelings for The Master II are somewhat like a platonic life partnership. Turns out Nan's feelings aren't so platonic.
- Interplay of Sex and Violence: Definitely gets a little, um... Passionate, especially when fighting Yuuka.
- Love Martyr: Platonically for The Master II.
- Love Redeems
- Mean Boss: Towards the Psycho Rangers.
- Physical God: One of nature, historically seen as very gullible.
- The Reliable One
- Sadist: In spades.
- Sex Is Evil and I Am Horny: "Sex is shameful when I want it and ill-suited to me", more like, but same idea.
- Shapeshifting: For the sake of making his physical features 'looking more like The Master II to fit in with the British and American'.
- Technicolor Eyes: Bright orange.
- Villainous Friendship: With The Master II.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: Both for his biological father, the god of the Tower of Heaven, his other biological father who abandoned him and the Tower God, the Mysterious Benefactor, and subconsciously for The Master II who essentially filled his father's role when Nan ran away from home as a young boy.
- What Beautiful Eyes
- What Is This Feeling?: With quite a few emotions.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
Kainashi NamineSon of Ritsu Namine and Sabitsuki.
- Acid Trip Dimension: His dreams, though quite a bit more coherent than his mother's.
- Animal Motifs: Spiders.
- Asshole Victim
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Essentially the only reason he ends up bonding with the Mistakes.
- Bi the Way: Not that anyone can tell, as he only openly expresses interest in women in reference to his long-distance abusive girlfriend.
- Body Back Up Drive: Has several, knowing that he can die at any given moment. The only thing that needs to survive is his brain.
- Crossdresser: His wardrobe choices are really not played for any kind of shock value whatsoever, it's just how he likes to dress. Despite his less-than-wholesome personality, he just happens to feel most comfortable in traditionally feminine clothing.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Was raped, left with a broken jaw, but died of a slit throat, when he was ten years old.
- Dark and Troubled Past
- Dissonant Serenity: Consider the following, he is uncomfortable and upset nearly every second of every day. He deals with it remarkably well, with the skill that only someone used to misery can show.
- Dream Land: What his dreams are like, usually of a morbid and symbolic nature.
- Electronic Speech Impediment: Has a bit of trouble pronouncing hard "k" sounds sometimes.
- Humanity Is Infectious: Unfortunately not true in his case, and he has no idea how to "catch up" to the wide artillery of emotions humans around him possess.
- Jerk Justifications: Somewhat of a Type 2.
- Long Distance Relationship: He happens to be in one, to the group's surprise. It is not exactly happy or healthy, though.
- Morality Chain: The Mistakes end up being his.
- Phoneaholic Teenager
- Rape as Backstory
- Really Gets Around: Really not in a good or healthy way, considering how sexually traumatized he is.
- Sociopathic Hero
- Weapon of Choice: A lead pipe.
- We Can Rebuild Him: After his horrific death at ten years old.
- What Is This Thing You Call Love?: A big part of his central internal conflict.
Canaria-vetatalieSon of Dormin and MALOR.
- Affably Evil
- Alien Blood: His has a cross between the consistency of tears and the consistency of blood, and is a pleasant salmon-pinkish color.
- Anti-Villain: He just wants children to be safe and happy, and be raised healthily. His way of going about it is more terrifying but inconvenient for healthy, non-abusive parents than dangerous.
- Bizarre Alien Reproduction: Quite bizarre indeed, full of Eye Scream and gore. Conception takes place asexually, but with two parents. The second parent can be anyone he has seen before. As long as he knows what they look like, his child will take on both his traits and the second parent's. It is quite a painful experience though, as gestation takes place in the featureless flesh mound where his left eye would be. Instead of a fetus growing, a glass flower begins to form and grow, glass petals piercing out through that flesh mound at a torturously slow rate until it blooms entirely, shedding a seed. That seed must be watered and fed sunlight diligently, and then it will grow into his freakish glass flower baby offspring.
- Dream Ballet: He comes to people in their dreams, in the form of this, and speaks to them. It's usually an intimidation tactic if he feels they're an enemy of his.
- Earthy Barefoot Character
- Eyes Always Shut: Well, most of the time.
- The Fair Folk: Claims to be one of these.
- Friend to All Children
- Invasion of the Baby Snatchers: Canaria is known to kidnap children from their beds at night while they are fast asleep because he believes all parents are naturally abusive, and all children are better off under his care. This is true in many of his cases, but not all of them.
- Magical Flutist
- Motherly Side Plait: Rare Male Example.
- Physical God: Specifically one of dreams, associated with the protection of innocence in the corrupt world.
- Soft-Spoken Sadist: Canaria normally speaks in gentle whispers. When this changes, though, it's a sure sign things are not going to end well.
- Verbal Tic: His verbal tic is uveveve~! Or any variant of that phrase, like "veve~", "vee," "veyo/uveyo," and many others. It seems to take up more of his speech the more nervous he is.
- White Hair, Black Heart: Or so the group thinks initially.
- Wouldn't Hurt a Child
Belial Duthane-OkashineSon of Kiki Okashine and Jasaad Duthane.
- Affably Evil: The only thing that makes him evil is his association to Gabriel. Turns out he was never evil in the first place. Certainly a Manipulative Bastard, though.
- Chessmaster Sidekick: To Gabriel Mizuhashi.
- Creepy Souvenir: His entire outfit is full of these.
- Goggles Do Nothing
- Horned Humanoid
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy
- Manipulative Bastard
- Power Gives You Wings: Golden butterfly wings, specifically, much like those of his father.
- Precocious Crush: Rather, he is the object of Gabriel's precocious crush.
- Rapunzel Hair
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Rummage Sale Reject: There's a bit of Fridge Horror to this, considering he takes pieces of his wardrobe from his fallen champions. At the end of the Mizuhashi Arc, he takes Gabriel's glasses.
- Surfer Dude: Talks just a bit like one, peppering his speech here and there with "Duuuude" and "Radical", and whatnot.
- Tall, Dark and Handsome
- The Omniscient: He turns out to be a guide of the course of fate, people fated to turn out evil or irreversibly destructive in some way - calling them his "champions" - under his wing only to screw them over big time in the end. Gabriel turns out to be one such champion.
Azure Magic Artificer/The Princess's characters
Katsumi OodawaDaughter of Mondo Oodawa and Kyoko Sakura.
- The Ace: Is a Super High School Level Crime Fighter, after all.
- Action Girl: Goes without saying. Has inherited powers from her Magical Girl mother without needing a Soul Gem, much like Yuuka. She kicks butt and was trained by Kyoko as well.
- Berserk Button: Do not harass ladies around her. She was raised by her father to be respectful to women and to protect them.
- Blade on a Stick: Her weapon of choice, as was her mother's.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Will gladly brawl with anyone who asks for a fight. She's also a huge, huge braggart.
- Compelling Voice: Hates using this power because of her Chaotic Good nature and won't even mention it. However she has inherited this power from her mother. She also will use it if pushed, but not unless every other possible solution has been explored.
- Secret Identity: SHSL Daredevil by day, SHSL Crime Fighter by night. Her superhero name is "Hurricane Chariot Rider". Although unlike with Nozomi, the SHSL Daredevil talent is just a cover-up for her actual SHSL Talent. Although she does a very good job keeping it up, partially because she loves to take risks. She'd tapdance on a landmine if she was sufficiently bored.
- Tsurime Eyes: Got them from her mother and father.
- Would Hit a Girl: Although she doesn't bother ladies who are minding their own business, unlike her father she'll knock ANY evildoer's lights out. The hammer of justice is unisex, after all.
Nozomi MakotoDaughter of Naegi Makoto and Homura Akemi. "Soul" Daughter of Godoka and Sailor Cosmos.
- All-Loving Hero: Seeing as how she's basically a future version of Sailor Moon reborn with part of Godoka's soul within her, and that she's Naegi's (AKA SHSL Hope) kid, it's only natural that she's this way.
- Magical Girl Warrior: Is a SHSL Magical Girl. Unlike Katsumi she embodies everything that makes a "perfect" magical girl.
- Odango Hair: While transformed.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: While transformed she has pink hair because of the influence from Godoka, the pink haired Goddess of Hope. When in her civillian form, she has black hair and grey eyes.
Hauntpark/The Prince's characters
Ayame YakumoDaughter of Yukari Yakumo and Lady Luck.
- Brilliant but Lazy
- Graceful Ladies Like Purple
- Good with Numbers: Like Yukari, she's extremely good at math. Not exactly at the level of Ran or Yukari, but Ayame can definitely solve complex problems with ease.
- Green Lantern Ring: Averted. Yukari placed very specific limits on Ayame's abilities. Ayame thinks this unfair and resents the overpowered, vague nature of youkais' abilities.
- Hammer Space: She uses gaps as storage devices.
- Parasol of Prettiness: Sometimes she walks around with a parasol, just because it looks nice.
- Portal Network: She jumps around gaps she's already created to get around.
- Thinking Up Portals: She has gap/portal abilities, which she uses to instantly travel wherever she wants (as long as it's a place she's seen.)
Ryou ShionSon of Reisen Udongein Inaba and Kaito Shion.
- Bad Powers, Good People: He has his mother's hallucination-inducing eyes and her wave-altering powers. He's also developed a dangerous voice. However, he's very gentle and sweet.
- Brown Note: He has a very dangerous voice that can damage hearing and cause disorientation, among other negative effects. He normally speaks in a very soft voice. No one knows what'd happen if he ever screamed or shouted.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: They only glow when he's about to use his abilities.
- Little Bit Beastly: He has bunny ears and a little puffy tail. People think they're adorable.
- Moon Rabbit
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: He's actually very gentle, despite his evil-seeming powers. Though if he were ever forced to use those powers, he would be dangerous.
- Species Surname: Subverted. He writes his surname/family name as "Shion," after his father, though Kaguya still refers to him as "Inaba," just as she refers to all the rabbits.
- Telepathy: He inherited the ability to read brainwaves and telepathically communicate with other rabbits. He doesn't use the latter very often, though he uses the former to get an idea of what a person is like before he meets them.
Fetters are the Mistakes' dark sides, so to speak, and if they are not acknowledged and worked with, they hold the Mistakes back from reaching their true potential. They most commonly take the form of negative or harmful thought processes, manifesting from there into fully developed beings - likely stemming from trauma or a negative upbringing of some kind, but never purely from things like mental illness. Fetters also tend to have three stages of development to show their owners if they're doing something right - the Fetters regress if the owner regresses or they progress if the owner progresses. The Fetters listed here are in order of appearance.
The Snow KingThe Second-Stage Fetter of Nanatsuki Someperson, played by binaryShenanigans.
- An Ice Person
- Anti-Villain: So to speak. He counts as an antagonist because he is a Fetter, but he is honestly working his very hardest to push back Nan's darker, baser instincts. The Snow King also openly despises The Master II, calling him a "nazi's son" for his genocidal Fantastic Racism.
- Can't Have Sex, Ever: Enforced by his own sheer willpower instead of any sort of curse. He considers his own sexuality a curse, anyway, since in his previous incarnation of existence, he was a Black Widow who seduced people, had sex with them and then killed them in varyingly creative, gory ways.
- Elegant Classical Musician: Rare Male Example, he plays the piano.
- Evil Is Deathly Cold: His true form is a frostbitten, shambling corpse with a mummified skull for a face.
- Sex Is Evil and I Am Horny
- Winter Royal Lady: Rare Male Example.
The Wheel of FortuneThe Fetter of Ryker Smith, played by Animated C9000.
- Audience Participation: Given that he's basically a game show host, he ropes every single one of his audience members into playing games on his wheel.
- Game Show Host: One that doubles as the spinner to the actual game.
- Plethora of Mistakes: He seems to see his own existence as a series of deadly mistakes... However, he does not react kindly to people trying to save him from himself.
- The Charmer
- Troubling Unchildlike Behavior: He, just like his main self, is a 16 year old boy who smokes, drinks and flirts with people way too old for him. The Wheel of Fortune exemplifies a more exaggerated form of the sorrow of those behaviors.
- Wise Beyond Their Years
The Widow KingThe First-Stage Fetter of Nanatsuki Someperson, played by binaryShenanigans.
- Affably Evil: So affable, in fact, that no one who visited his chambers suspected a thing about him.
- Bare Your Midriff: His robe, a bit tight in the chest, waist and hips, contains an hourglass-shaped hole over his navel.
- Black Widow
- Even Evil Has Standards: He would not hurt a child or an animal, and he would never have sex on any level of nonconsent.
- Evil Is Sexy
- Guy Liner: The same vivid orange as his eyes.
- Hair Decorations: He pins part of his bangs back with a light brown alligator hair clip.
- It's Fake Fur, It's Fine: The fur on the ends of his robe is fake, as he cannot stand the idea of animals suffering.
- Lovely Assistant: Rare Male Example, acts as this to the Wheel of Fortune.
- Rape Is a Special Kind of Evil: Openly believes this.
- Red String of Fate: Incorporated into his outfit in the form of a sash, which he sometimes uses as a garrote.
- The Vamp
- Wouldn't Hurt a Child: He is, in fact, very protective of children.
The GrotesqueThe Fetter of Rowan Inspector-Matthews, played by Isa the One-Eyed Zombie.
- Anti-Villain: Technically an antagonist in the sense that all Fetters are, but the only thing it (he?) actually feels toward others is fear and a sense of inferiority.
- Covered with Scars: Even more so than Rowan, although in The Grotesque's case the scars are mostly from the addition of the extra torsos.
- Body Horror: His (its?) height is courtesy of the two extra torsos sewn beneath its (his?) own. The extra torsos look awfully similar to those of the boys Rowan killed.
- Frankenstein's Monster: Heavily inspired by both the Shelley version and the Karloff version, according to Word Of God.
- Monstrous Humanoid
- Nothing but Skin and Bones
- Pronoun Trouble: The Grotesque's dubious humanity is made clear by the out-of-universe confusion regarding whether to use "he" or "it".
- Tragic Monster
- Was Once a Man: Not only that, but what's left of The Surgeon, Rowan's first-stage Fetter.