- When come back, bring pie. Wanker.
The Everyday Happenings of Weebl (And Sometimes Weebl's Friend Bob), or just Weebl and Bob for short, is a Web cartoon produced by British animator Jonti "Weebl" Picking and shown on the website Weebls-Stuff.
The title characters are two egg-shaped, pie-loving, near-unintelligible fellows, modeled after the famous "Weeble" toys, who get into various odd adventures, usually involving some scheme or quest to get pie, which they rarely ever succeed in doing. Other characters include Weebl's bovine rival Wee Bull, an erudite Monkey who is probably the smartest character in the show despite not being toilet-trained, and Hairy Lee.
Picking is also responsible for a number of tunes that have gone Memetic Mutation in the intervening years. Badger Badger Badger (Mushroom Mushroom) is probably the one you're most familiar with, but he also did the "Magical Trevor" song cycle, not to mention a bunch of others which we will not bother listing because your brain would collapse under the sheer stuck-in-your-headness unleashed thereby. (Picking being Picking, he lampshaded this eventually.)
The Weebl and Bob cartoons started on Newgrounds, and were also aired on MTV in the United Kingdom, under the title "Wobbl and Bob" due to Playskool's trademark on the "Weebles" toys on which the characters may have been based.
Picking also does livestreams on Twitch every now and then, follow him here.
The Weebl & Bob shorts provide examples of:
- Aerith and Bob: The titular characters qualify as this trope.
- All Anime Is Naughty Tentacles: In "Hentai," Bob winds up in a sailor suit after some misadventure at a sushi place. He is whisked offscreen by a tentacle after Weebl reminds him what happens to schoolgirls in Japanese cartoons.
- Ambiguously Gay: Believe it or not, Weebl himself, most notably how he actually liked the telegram received in 'Posh Times' for about 2 seconds before correcting himself.
- Bob in 'Intervention', who got VERY defensive when Weebl stated out of the blue that he thought Bob was gay.
- Awesome McCoolname: Team Laser Explosion.
- Department of Redundancy Department: Weebl and Bob's superhero aliases are Captain Laserous Explosion and Boy Exploserous Laser.
- Black Comedy Rape: Happens in the "Hentai" episode.
- Brain Bleach: Weebl comes up with a new logo for "Team Laser Explosion". Bob and the pear cannot unsee.
- Butt-Monkey: Bob. Poor, poor Bob.
- Calling Your Attacks: "LASER PELVIS ATTACK!"
- Cute Owl: The earth turns into a fuzzy owlet at the end of the "Cute Explosion" musical video
- Eyedscreen: Happens between Weebl and Bob for a quick visual gag in "Hentai".
- Fat Idiot: Weebl.
- 420, Blaze It: The Town population in "Strawberry Pancakes" starts at this, and (in the Flash original) decreases by 1 with each loop. When it gets to 0...
- G-Rated Drug: To them, cheese: in the episode set in The '80s, both of them have large mullets, they're both the same size and sound suave and smarter in general, but after consuming a large amount of cheese (the pile of which is blocked out by a Censor Box), they pass out and the following morning they gain their usual voices, appearance and mannerisms, which they curse the "cheeses" for.
- Insulted Awake: "Bob...Bob...oi, wanker!"
- Musical Episode: Weebl and Bob occasionally do songs, frequently parodies.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: Chris the Ninja Pirate. Who also appears to be a mushroom.
- Our Hippocamps Are Different: In the Weebl's Stuff video "Unicorn", the narrator wonders if unicorns are the result of a narwhal breeding with a horse, and depicts the resulting new-born unicorn as having a fish-shaped body and a mane resembling the fins of a goldfish.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Team Laser Explosion. Both of their "costumes" consist of an elaborate helmet and chest laser emblem thing.
- Retirony: He was only one day away from his evil retirement!
- A Riddle Wrapped in a Mystery Inside an Enigma: In one short, Bob describes the flat-packed pie they bought from Piekia as "a conundrum wrapped in an enigma wrapped in pastry, wrapped in a lie."
- The Rival: "Damn you, Wee Bull! You win this time!"
- Later becoming Luke, I Am Your Father.
- Squiggle Vision: Bob's toons.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: Weebl has problems with a baby. Bob calls a tactical air strike."Well, are you having problems with it now?!"
- The Unintelligible:
- Quite a few characters, even to the point where they've said twice that the only way they even understand is each is by reading their speech bubbles.
- Their distinctive speech appears to be produced by talking while keeping one's tongue flat on the bottom of one's mouth, and possibly mumbling just a little to exaggerate the effect.
- Trademark Favorite Food: "Mmmm, pie" is practically a catchphrase.
- Universal-Adaptor Cast: The "Team Laser Explosion" shorts, in which Monkey plays a different villain every episode.
- Unusual Euphemism: "Pubewaffles", "Pisseggs" and "Bumpigeons", among others.
- Visual Pun: When fighting an evil airborne sentient pre-nuptials agreement to keep their homicidal black widow half-donkey mother from marrying their pirate friend, said contract shoots a bunch of words into Weebls mouth. Cue the phrase:Bob: He put the words right in your mouth!
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Weebl and Bob fit this trope to a T.
- With Friends Like These...: Weebl is not exactly the best friend to Bob, though Bob has been known to get his.
- Where the Hell Is Springfield?: It is occasionally brought up that not even Weebl and Bob know where they are.
The Weebl's Stuff songs provide examples of:
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: The amazing horse has pink mane, tail and belly fur.
- Artistic License Biology: Babies depicts Jonti getting pregnant by eating and giving birth by shitting the babies out.
- Ax-Crazy / Psycho Knife Nut: The titular character of the Mr Stabby shorts.
- Bowdlerise: Jonti Picking runs the children's music channel "Jellybug" that features some sanitized versions of his "Weebl" songs. For example, in "Narwhals" the narwhals' horn is described as "massive" rather than "kick-ass", and the animation for the "don't let them touch your balls" line shows a toy ball getting deflated rather than a Groin Attack.
- Broken Record: The lyrics to "Badger badger badger" is pretty much the word "badger" repeated over and over, with the occasional "mushroom" or "snake".
- Cats Are Mean: Not that you can blame them in this case.
- Cool Horse: Horse guy's amazing horse. So cool that it can turn into a plane and can take you around the universe and all the other places too!
- Ear Worm: "Annoying" is a song about a man complaining about a catchy song getting stuck in his head.
- Explosive Breeder: In "Babies", Weebl gives birth to dozens of babies every day.
- Fantastic Racism:
- Leprechauns hate Unicorns because their rainbow effluvium contrails give away their gold stashes.
- In "Owls", it's implied that there's an age-old feud between owls and beavers.
- Gag Penis: The amazing horse's "winky" is longer than its entire body.
- Groin Attack: Narwhals... just don't let them touch your balls.
- Hot Skitty-on-Wailord Action: Discussed in "Unicorn"; the leprechaun narrator wonders if you get unicorns by crossbreeding narwhals with horses.
- Husky Russkie: All the Russian Dancing Men are pretty tough and manly.
- I Drank WHAT?!: Played With in "The Amazing Horse". It's never explicitly said, and it's never drank, but after the woman declares the horse's "winky" as dirty, the horse rider has this to say.Do you think so?
Well, I better not show you where the lemonade is made!
Sweet lemonade! Mmm, sweet lemonade!
Sweet lemonade! Yeah, sweet lemonade!
- Indecipherable Lyrics: In Crabs, after the singer gets his mouth full of crabs, he becomes The Unintelligible.
- Kanye We I'm happy for you and I'm going to let you finish, but the chap in the other stall just had the greatest poo of all time!
- "Well, it was all right."
- Let's Meet the Meat: "Pork" is full of smiling pigs who seem to have no problem with the prospect of being eaten or of cannibalising their own.
- Misplaced Wildlife: Where can you see tigers? Only in Kenya!
- Mundane Made Awesome: Narwhals!!!
- Panda-ing to the Audience: Averted in "Cucumbers", where pandas are stated to be the cucumbers' natural enemies.
- Red Live Lobster: "Shrimp Glockenspiel" has pink shrimp and prawns, as well as red lobsters and crabs.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: The Fat Labrador is a ball of fat with four vestigial legs poking out of the sides and a dogs head with a huge "doggy smile" plastered on. It manages to be adorable rather than sad.
- Rule 34:
- Shout-Out: During "Scampi", one of the "things in disguise" is a map of Malaysia with Kuala Lumpur crossed out and "France" written in its place.
- Space Whale Aesop: In 'Egg', 'Cheese', and several of Bob's toons.
- Dogs can't do science so leave them at home or a "cute explosion" will occur, destroying the world.
- Sperm as People: The music video "Babies" briefly shows some Weebl-faced sperms swimming towards an egg.
- Sugar Bowl: In "Cute Explosion" the entire universe turns into this because of a lab accident.
- Surreal Humor: Pretty much everything Jonti's done since the beginning of Weebl's Stuff.
- Tin-Can Robot: The male singer in "Sexy Robots" is this. The female singer is a computer.
- Toilet Humor: In "Amazing Horse", the horse's "winky" grows to huge lengths and the rider heavily implies (although never explicitly states) that the "sweet lemonade" is made of horse piss.
- The Unintelligible: You will become this when you have a mouth full of crabs
- Upper-Class Equestrian: "Amazing Horse" features a dapper gentleman trying to impress a woman with his Cool Horse.
- Zeppelins from Another World: Helium states that everyone should own a blimp "Coz blimps are pretty pimp".