It's arimothereindeer's troper page!
I.... am Arimo!
Here's a little somethin'-somethin' of an introduction'.
'Round and 'round these nets I go by the little name of Arimo, or Arimo the Reindeer, if you will. Or heck, even アリモ will do, too. To avoid Viewer Gender Confusion, let me say I am in fact a woman or a lady or a person of the non-male gender. Also, I am only a mere 19 years of age.
I've been reading TV Tropes for quite a while, and one day, I decided to sign up with the sole purpose of adding a page for Tensai Bakabon. However, I am enjoying the massive community a lot, so I am here to stay! You can see me around the forums in the Forum Games and Yack Fest sections, but if you're lucky, you might find me someplace else.
You may know me as that weird weeb who likes old children's anime and the Showa era way too much.
Oh, and bolded things indicate they are my super duper favorites!
Last updated: May 5, 2020
arimothereindeer's interests include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Astro Boy: What I've read of it anyway, which isnt too much. But I'm a sucker for robot stories, especially android stories, and robots rights activists.
- Axis Powers Hetalia: Something I loved as a child and came around to again.
- Black★Rock Shooter: I love huke's art. Still hoping for a part 2 to interpret ALL THE characters!
- Death Note: Probably what I'd consider the most well written anime I've seen.
- Captain Harlock: But Ive only read the manga so far.
- Doraemon: Mostly for the concepts and character designs, since its a bit repetitive.
- Dr. Slump: Still need to finish and get more into it, but I absolutely love the characters and humor, and the concept.
- First Human Giatrus: Gon and Gaikotsu are perfect boys.
- Gegege No Kitaro: Especially the original mangas gorgeous artwork.
- Interstella 5555: which should be a given since I love the album its based around.
- The Laughing Salesman: Don!
- Lupin III: Especially Lupin III (Red Jacket), Lupin III: The Mystery of Mamo The Castle of Cagliostro, in particular...as of so far. I also find Lupin VIII interesting...
- Moretsu Ataro: Reboot someday? Maybe?
- My Neighbors the Yamadas: I could go on about why I love this film but I'm lazy so. My favorite characters are Noboru, Takeshi, and Shige.
- Ninja Hattori: Over the mountains, crossing the sea...I used to find the Memetic Mutation about this show a bit annoying, but I always loved the meme. d se dab
- Osomatsu-kun: Especially the 1988 series.
- Osomatsu-san: Even if I dont like it as much as the originals.
- Space Battleship Yamato, although I only know the original story so far.
- Tensai Bakabon: Ah yes, the work I signed up to make a page for!
- Usavich: Im surprised how much of the humor I didnt catch when I was younger.
- Yo-Kai Watch: Any attempt to replicate Yokai behavior would be ill-advised.
- Breakbot, and not just for Baby Im Yours.
- Busy P
- Daft Punk, especially the Homework and Discovery albums, and Alive 2007.
- The output of the Roulé and Crydamoure labels.
- Giorgio Moroder, especially the From Here to Eternity album
- Mr. Oizo, especially the Lambs Anger and All Wet albums
- Scha Dara Parr, especially their first album and the song Konya wa Boogie Back.
- Nationstates: My country is called Arimon!
- Persona 4: I want to replay it some time. Have started the third game but yet to finish.
- Super Mario Bros. 3: I love the gameplay and colorful graphics!
- Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island: Yoshi was always my favorite since I was little.
- Yo-Kai Watch: Casanono inspirits me 24/7.
- Brutalmoose: Especially the Mystery Tapes series.
- Caddicarus: Especially the kids games, magazines, and nursery rhymes.
- Chadtronic: Especially the videos where he watches training videos.
- Cucumber Quest: and I don't care how much of a jerk you think Cabbage is. He is my favorite and I love him. (Also Im not caught up.)
- Happy Tree Friends: Kind of unusual since gore isn't really my favorite, but I love how each of the animals have their own little gimmick and personality. Plus they can get rather creative with the carnage.
- Hiimdaisy: And no one ate dinner that night.
- Homestar Runner: God, it's so quotable that I don't even know what to quote.
- PeanutButterGamer: He misses his hair.
- RebelTaxi: Shut up and enjoy the nightcore.
- Scandinavia and the World: You can never have too many anthro countries! Yay!
- Si Juki: Too bad only Lika Liku Anak Kos is readily available in English. I wish I could see the movie.
- theodd1sout: I also have his book.
- YouTube Poop in general.
Tropes that apply to me
- Ambiguous Gender: On the internet at least. If you don't have an extremely feminine avatar and/or username, prepare to be called "he" or "they" a lot. However, this has seemed to decrease as Ive grown to become known in the past couple years.
- Author Appeal: Robots and cyborgs, and Showa era stuff. But you knew that already.
- Author Avatar: Yup. It's the picture for the page.
- Berserk Button: People who believe the conspiracy that Daft Punk have passed the helmets to different artists and thats why all the albums sound different. Or, not as bad but still makes me a bit berserk, people who say they should do that in the future.
- Ugly Cute: Most definitely.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: Not in real life, but I used to often be subject to this trope on the internet. My gender is often very ambiguous online which leads to justified confusion.
- Bite the Wax Tadpole
- Companion Cube
- Gentleman Thief
- Deadly DJ (well, its love-hate. I love the aesthetic of these characters, and Evil Is Cool, but I dont like how its based in the negative perception of electronic music.)
- Dub Name Change
- Goofy Suit
- Intentional Engrish for Funny
- Living Toy
- Mathematician's Answer
- Nations as People
- Phantom Thief
- Sealed Evil in a Teddy Bear
- Security Blanket
Pages I created!
Troper LeitmotifsIf youre not here, I couldnt think of something for you yet. Sorry.
Akatsuka Side CharactersThese are characters from Akatsuka manga or anime that are one offs, whose stories I decided to continue, extend, or in some cases, completely create!
- Hitman "Jo" Hatabou
One of The Hatabous, Jo is an intelligent assassin. Unlike the rest of the Hatabous, he can suppress his "dajo" verbal tic, although sometimes he may let it slip on accident. He finds the tic infantile and cutesy, which is why he tends to avoid using it. Although he is rather tough compared to most of the gags from Akatsuka Town, he tends to overestimate his power. He tends to act like as much as a badass as he possibly can to separate himself from the rest of the overly cute Hatabous. His text color is black.
- Frank Hatabou
The second Hatabou, Frank is an "American" singer who uses his nationality as a marketing technique in Japan. In reality, he knows very little about American culture, as much as he pretends he knows. As you may have guessed, he is not actually American either, he just finds it a fun thing to pretend to be. Just like the normal/default Hatabou, his favorite foods are hamburgers and American dogs. His text color is green.
The third Hatabou, he is a bit of an outcast and is only classified as a Hatabou due to his hairstyle and facial features. However, unlike a normal Hatabou, he does not wear a flag on his head, but a beach parasol instead. He doesn't naturally have a dajo tic either; he just pretends to, and occasionally forgets to add it to the ends of his sentences. He is actually less familiar with the sextuplets than he is with close neighbor Bakabon. Parabou lives on a beach resort and wears only swim shorts. His hobbies include sunbathing, collecting seashells, swimming, surfing, and making sand castles. His text color is blue.
Robomatsu is a clone of the sextuplets built by Iyami. Despite having independent thoughts, he never goes against orders given to him by his Master Iyami. Robomatsu's purpose was to wreak havoc across Akatsuka Town, putting blame on the sextuplets because he looks exactly like them. He has a rather warped idea of what the sextuplets are like, due to how Iyami describes them to him. Whenever describing them, Robomatsu tends to describe the sextuplets as the most vile, wretched, disgusting creatures ever. He is nearly mute and can only say "pika", but he is very thoughtful. After his combustion and repair, Iyami forgot all about him and threw him in the closet, but he still lives. His text color is gray.
Usomatsu is a foul-mouthed Osomatsu lookalike from the Kansai region. Commonly mistaken for Osomatsu, Usomatsu has taken an absolute hatred to him and the rest of his brothers. Usomatsu also has a twin brother [who I have yet to name] that is a doppelgänger of Choromatsu. Usomatsu, similar to Robomatsu, also mimicks the real sextuplets, but in this case out of spite, not from orders. It is somewhat easy for him and his twin to be differentiated from the real deal, though, because they both have incredibly thick Kansai dialects! His text color is red.
Kashitaro, also known as I-Borrow, is a Bakada University graduate and one of Bakabon no Papa's kohai. Back in his college days, he made a lot of loans to friends, and now he's on a never ending quest to retrieve 700 yen from anyone he ever lent money to. It seems he has forgotten who he has loaned to and tends to claim to literally everyone that they owe him money. Good thing he doesn't charge any interest! His text color is purple.