I made my account on this site right after I got out of college. I was addicted to TV Tropes ever since I graduated high school, so it seemed kind of poetic.
My title of "Signore McSchneider" reflects my German, Italian, and Scottish ancestry.
I write fanfics, poetry, some comics (nothing I'd be willing to see printed...yet), and I used to be a journalist.
So far I have only created one trope page: The Seven Western Plots.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: More like Attention Deficit Hyperacti-SQUIRREL!! I get so distracted by things it loops back around into hyper-focus...on anything but what I'm supposed to focus on.
- Autobots, Rock Out!: I listen to punk rock when cooking, progressive rock when reading, glam rock when getting dressed, and generic hard rock or heavy metal when doing anything else.
- Audience Participation: I play the Pillar Men's various theme songs any time I'm watching Inhumanoids and the titular monsters show up.
- Berserk Button:
- Don't say "fair" around me. The F-word has no place in the real world.
- The binary nature of America's political system. When will people learn that a two-party system is the most reductive form of government known to man?
- Any work that endorses a Superman/Wonder Woman pairing, with the sole exception of Justice League Action.
- Offering me food I don't want will result in a very loud "No" bordering on Parenthetical Swearing.
- The Coronavirus has been a huge one for me. Not only did it cancel a lot of events I wanted to go to and make it impossible to eat out, but I don't know how much more social distancing I can take.
- Call to Agriculture: After I graduated. Not by choice, mind you. I need the money.
- Catchphrase: I've started 70 percent of my sentences with "In these dark times" ever since the Coronavirus quarantines started popping up.
- Clap Your Hands If You Believe: I very strongly believe that a vaccine for the Coronavirus will be made by June 2020, and we'll all be able to move past the quarantines, for exactly this reason.
- Deadpan Snarker: I get it from my dad. It pops up when I'm speaking more often than in writing, though.
- Does Not Like Spam: I wrote a song about it!
Zucchini, cold roast beef and mashed potatoes
Iced coffee, mayo, non-seedless tomatoes
Butter and jam on the same slice of wheat
These are a few of my most hated eats!
- Fan of the Underdog: I like a lot of things most people don't think too fondly of or forget about. The prequel trilogy, 4Kids Entertainment, the Mega Man cartoon, Transformers: Robots in Disguise, Shaggy & Scooby-Doo Get a Clue!, Loonatics Unleashed....it's a long list.
- Four Is Death: In my opinion, if you haven't planned out a franchise to be a long-runner in advance, the fourth film will always be this.
- Gag Dub: I have a habit of doing this with the monster scenes of any and all Godzilla movies I watch. Recurring characterizations in those include:
- Godzilla as a Barney Gumble-voiced Grumpy Bear.
- Rodan as a Homestar Runner-voiced, fourth wall-breaking pterodactyl who loves rubbing his solo debit in people's faces.
- Mothra as a Granny Classic.
- King Ghidora's left head as a death metal-voiced Sophisticated as Hell nihilist egomaniac, his right head as a Camp Gay Card-Carrying Villain, and his middle head completely silent.
- Insane Troll Logic: My answer to the paradox of the stone is a HUGE example of this: Yes, God can create a stone so heavy He cannot lift it, because absolute omnipotence implies he can perform paradoxical actions, including lifting a rock He cannot lift.
- Irony: I'm agoraphobic, yet I spent most if not all of my formative years in the country and currently work on a farm. Also, all the social distancing and quarantine have made me desperate for an end to it all and a chance to go outside again.
- I Want My Jetpack: Someone, somewhere, should have come up with some gadget that makes a Coronavirus life bearable by now! Like a Quarian-style anti-germ suit or "safe zones" where people can mingle all they want without worry of catching COVID-19! Anything that makes social distancing completely unnecessary! Because literally ANYTHING would be healthier for your psyche than TRAPPING YOURSELF AT HOME AND DEPRIVING YOURSELF OF HUMAN CONTACT, SPREAD-STOPPAGE BE DAMNED!
- Lazy Bum: I have had a few phases of this. It's why I hate the Coronavirus so much—before the government-mandated social distancing started, I was on the fast track to finally getting over this problem, and then I was forced to stay home, everything I was using to get my butt out of bed and out into the world was forbidden, and I quickly degenerated back into the apathetic bum I was before I started to turn my life around.
- Misaimed Fandom: Occasionally I've fallen into this. I used to see Ichigo Kurosaki as this grim-and-gritty '90s Anti-Hero and Knight in Sour Armor, but now I realize he only appeared as such compared to other squeaky-clean shonen protagonists.
- Must Have Caffeine: Back in college, I drank a lot of energy drinks trying to work up enough motivation to get stuff done. I've come clean since then, though.
- My God, What Have I Done?: I'm always aghast when I realize that I've misgendered FL4K or made a grammatically-incorrect edit.
- Punk Punk: I eagerly await the day nanopunk becomes prominent enough to get a page on This Very Wiki.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Wasps. Ever since a bee stung me on the neck and I learned wasps can do that multiple times.
- Warrior Poet: I write, I practice martial arts.
- Wooden Katanas Are Even Better: I keep a bokuto in my closet. I practice with it on weekends.
- Chandler's Law: When in doubt? Plot twist! I kinda feel bad about abusing this, though.
- Flanderization: An unfortunate trend of my high school fanfic-writing days. Even now, I be have to be careful writing stuff for self-demonstrating character pages lest I write them as caricatures of themselves.
- '90s Anti-Hero: One aspect of my high school fanfiction I'm not ashamed of was my valiant attempt at reconstructing this trope.
- Random Events Plot: This was another unfortunate trend in the fanfiction I wrote in high school. I basically just strung together events I thought would be cool into a story without considering if it fit a cohesive narrative.
- Sidekick Graduations Stick: If I write DC fanfiction, Wally West will always be the Flash, current events be damned.
- Surreal Humor: Pops up in my poetry. When I tried to pass it off in my writing classes in school nobody got it.
- True Art Is Incomprehensible: I had to learn the hard way this isn't the case. The fanfiction I wrote in high school was a jumbled mess of plot twists and attempts to messily shoehorn tropes I liked into stories that didn't necessarily need them. Even my surrealist poetry fell into this in college, as it wasn't exactly suited for the structured form of examination we were expected to give each other's work. These experiences taught me that if your work seems incomprehensible to others, you probably have no idea what you're doing.
- Ultimate Universe: I'm currently working on a fanfic that reconciles the new parts of canon brought on by the 2011 revival of Kinnikuman with Ultimate Muscle. I should be done with the first chapter...eventually...
- Big Trouble in Little China
- Ghostbusters (1984)
- Marvel Cinematic Universe, with the exception of the Ant-Man ones (not that I dislike the movies themselves, I just think it was a mistake to go straight to Scott Lang and make Henry Pym an old guy)
- Men in Black
- Pacific Rim: The first one. I dunno how I feel about the second one.
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Star Wars, especially The Empire Strikes Back