Escape the Night: A Novelization Series by canufeelthemagictonight is an Escape the Night Fan Fic series chronicling the events of the show in novel form, while also filling in a few plot holes and characterization along the way.
Official Summary: The ongoing story of Joey Graceffa, the evil that haunts him, and the Youtubers who must escape the night or die in the attempt.
Please note that a majority of the canon tropes also apply here, though this series is still its own distinct entity and should be treated as such.
The series in general provides examples of:
- Acceptable Breaks from Canon: Aptly nicknamed by the fandom (and the author!) as "break chapters."
- Due to the Dead: Funerals are held for the deceased YouTubers at the end of each season.
- In the novelization of Season 2, Joey eventually tucks Liza away in a bedroom to show respect in Chapter 30, the non-canon mid-season break.
- Novelization: It's quite obvious, isn't it?
- Switching P.O.V.: The whole series is written in this format, constantly switching between the third-person limited POVs of Joey and each of his guests.
- Together in Death: Alex and Lauren are buried together.