Characters that appear in the Trine games.
open/close all folders
Amadeus, The Wizard
- Character Development: In the first game Amadeus tries to be a charming wizard. Come the second game and he becomes basically a Henpecked Husband going as far as comparing his wife to a dragon.
- Cowardly Lion: In Trine 2 Amadeus is almost always the first to note something dangerous. However he never gets cold feet and sticks to his friends until the end.
- Mind over Matter: Amadeus can levitate any object not attatched to the ground and put where he wants, as long as he's not standing on it. And use them as bludgeons against enemies. In Trine 2 Amadeus can levitate enemies with a certain skill. Elite Mooks and bosses are immune to this, though.
- The Power of Creation: Amadeus' biggest trait. He can create a small variety of platforms in geometrical shapes (square, rectangle, triangle...) to aid him cross large gaps or protect him from projectiles.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Amadeus apparently hates flying and the clumsy landing in the end of "Goblin Menace" campaign did not do his phobia any favors.
Zoya, The Thief
- Bottomless Magazines: Thankfully. Zoya never seems to run out of her plain arrows, special arrows in Trine 1 consume mana, however. Played straight in the second game to her fire and ice arrows since there is no mana gauge there.
- Classy Cat-Burglar: Beautiful, charming and cunning.
- Deadpan Snarker: Out of the three Zoya is certainly the one armed with the most amount of sarcasm.
- Grappling-Hook Pistol: She has a pretty far-reaching one. It will only latch to wooden surfaces.
- Trick Arrow: Zoya can use Fire Arrows in the first game, upgraded they explode. They return in the second game alongside Ice Arrows which can create temporary platforms if shot on water.
- Smoke Out: One of her skills in Trine 2. Upgraded it also leaves a decoy that can explode in the face of goblins.
Pontius, The Knight
- Boisterous Bruiser: While not on Blood Knight levels, Pontius is quite fond of battle.
- Dumb Muscle: He's not the wisest member of the group, but he's extremely loyal to his companions.
- Drop the Hammer: One of his weapons. Upgrade it and it'll drop lightning on charged/jumping strikes.
- Flaming Sword: Pontius' upgraded sword is of the flaming variety.
- Hammerspace: Where does he keep his hammer and sword and shield is anyone's guess.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: Pontius' shield can not only block enemies but do other nifty things: like pulling objects and launching them (Trine 1) or cause enemies to slowly freeze until they are helpless (Trine 2).
- Mighty Glacier: Relatively speaking. Pontius has no real mobility skills in the first game, so platforming puzzles are best left for Zoya or Amadeus. He does gain the ability to glide in the second and third game.
- Not Quite Flight: In Trine 2 Pontius can use his shield to glide. He will gain height if he does it under a strong upwards air current.
- Stout Strength: Quite rotund and just as powerful.