This is the character sheet for Disgaea Gehennas Holy Queen. It's heavily under construction. Major spoilers will be hidden, but minor spoilers will not, and may in fact be put in without warning to capitalize on those overattentive folks who like planting Epileptic Trees for Wild Mass Guessing.
The main character of the story—finding herself forcibly transformed into a demon, and a powerful overlord at that, Konoka must adjust to her new life while dealing with both new friends and new enemies, as well as put herself under control before she might doom the world.
- Combat Medic: While not necessarily combat trained, she does one-shot mooks, hold her own against greater foes.
- Cursed with Awesome/Blessed with Suck: Her healing abilities haven't disappeared on her, and as a matter of fact, gotten much stronger. A slight aversion in the fact that she doesn't mind being a demon, but is worried about losing control. As for Blessed with Suck, see Power Incontinence below.
- Extraordinarily Empowered Girl: Notable that, while superpowered more than this trope suggests, she can't use them to heavy extent due to the threat of Power Incontinence.
- Healing Shiv: Gone are her fans. She uses her powers directly.
- Holy Hand Grenade: Unique in that her spells heal allies as well as hurt enemies at the same time.
- Love Freak: Now with Flonne!
- Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant: A little more intentional than her time as a human.
- Power Incontinence: High emotional duress? Enjoy an aura strong enough to shake and brighten the entire castle. And lest we forget, the castle is already painted white. It's what almost convinced Flonne and Raspberyl that the world ending prophecy against her is true.
- Slapstick Knows No Gender: Courtesy of Adell and Dynamis.
- Adaptational Badass: Now willing to take part in fights, once she has her pactio with Konoka.
- Badass Pacifist: Not even afraid of Setsuna vs. Cygnus or Priere.
- Chef of Iron: A Type 2: Improbable Weapon User.
- Only Sane Man: She's trying to blend in with a bunch of Noble Demons.
- Seeker Archetype: Because something's wrong with Konoka and she wants to find out what.
- Supreme Chef: Still has it, though her self esteem took a hit while a hostage to Sir Sweet.
- What Is This Thing You Call "Love"?: Does not understand her feelings for Konoka. Not one bit.
The mad scientist, and the reluctant third part of the Power Trio. Since he was number two to the previous overlord of Gehenna, who was more or less a charismatic but dangerous despot, his goodness is in question.
- Expy: Heavily based off of Dr. Robotnik.
- Even Evil Has Standards: He cites this as his reason why he doesn't want to continue the late Zegnant's policies.
- The Evil Genius: For Zegnant.
- Gadgeteer Genius
- Mad Scientist
- Original Character
- Serious Business/The Comically Serious: A natural extension of his moodiness.
A heartfelt heroine. She and Konoka get along smashingly, and Flonne is always ready to help with pet projects. She, Konoka, and Priere make up the only three known practitioners of holy spells.
- Love Freak: Same as always.
Along with Kyoko and Asuka, Beryl also visited to check on Konoka, and made quick friends. Feeling that Konoka was threatened by Priere's presence, Beryl and her cronies moved in. She also seems to encourage Satsuki whenever the latter is concerned over Konoka's changes.
A vicious overlord who likes fighting. Intrigued by Konoka's power, she stuck around, interested in seeing her fight and perhaps training her—in her own twisted way. She's not very popular, though. It could be questioned on just how evil she is, having been reminded of her human years when around Konoka and Friends' camaraderie.
- Ax-Crazy: More literally, dood!
- Deadpan Snarker: A bit more than she is in canon, due to being offput by Konoka's personality.
- Hypocritical Humor: Seen in her bickering with Lucas over their respective massive crushes.
- Squishy Wizard
LucasMinor Original character, plays the stable, idealist foil to Anise's more volatile but cynical antics. Has a secret crush on someone.
- Hypocritical Humor: Seen in his bickering with Anise over their respective massive crushes.
- Original Character
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: Enamored of Konoka's kindness quite quickly...
A hulking demon that serves as Gehenna's Dimension Guide. She once looked closer to a cleric before Zegnant cursed her appearance. She is actually thankful, as she is now deadly competent enough to open portals with just one well timed fist.
ZegnantThe former Big Bad that ruled Gehenna... until Konoka sent him packing with a one-way trip to non-existence.
King of DustThe de facto leader. A zombie dragon, although far different in looks than the Disgaea variety. Frighteningly immortal and lawfully evil.
- Original Character
- Pragmatic Villainy (the sole reason everyone else doesn't attempt to boss fight him on the spot)
- Retired Monster (Only stopped from screwing over Gehenna thanks to Prinny K)
- Voice of the Legion
Yui ShizukaA playful spider woman who nevertheless keeps everyone at arm's length.
AndrasBirdbrained but powerful demon lord. She's very similar in looks to someone...
Prinny KonoemonMysterious but highly powerful Prinny. Fought and defeated the King of Dust 1 and 1/2 years ago to earn his place in Ars Goetia. Seems highly concerned about Konoka's welfare.
- Almighty Janitor: He might be one of the strongest on Ars Goetia, but he is still a Prinny, and gave up an opportunity to go to Celestia for it.
- Cool Old Guy
- Hero of Another Story: Mentions he fought in Gehenna one and a half years ago, akin to the Prinny games.
- Surrounded by Idiots
MeiActually from the Disgaea 3 manga. A very matronly and elegant demon, her motives for joining Ars Goetia are unknown.
- The Dragon: To Big Bad Imamiah.
- Ninja Maid
- The Shadow Knows: She has a slightly wild shadow.
- The Stoic
- Voluntary Shapeshifter
- Red Right Hand She always emits an aura that bleeds darkness.
Ala Albapure. Still, he keeps going.
- Casting a Shadow: Magia Erebea, the power of darkness.
- Papa Wolf: Yep, still has this in spades.
- Shock and Awe
- Straight Man: To Mao's jokes in Konoka's heart.
- For Science!: "I'm going to get to the bottom of the mystery that is Konoka Konoe... in the name of SCIENCE!" It eventually becomes his Catchphrase.
- Large Ham: Never change, Mao.
- Mad Scientist: Complete with disregard for people's personal space.
- Seeker Archetype: Unlike Satsuki, Mao's motives stem on curiosity and FOR SCIENCE!
CygnusAn Enigmatic Minion who joins Mao shortly before he discovers Mahora. And it looks like he's up to something—to the point that Mao lets him join solely because he wants to find out what that something is. Something of a Straight Man to Mao's meta-posturing about evil whenever it comes up.
- Casting a Shadow: Manipulates Darkness, both the all encompassing Dark Magic and the Shadow abilities.
- Dragon with an Agenda
- Expy: A parody Xehanort's Heartless..
- Original Character
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Want to help Setsuna rebuild Konoka, and she's taking too long? Evict her by force. Didn't work though...
Ala UmbraNot wanting to be left out of the conflict, Laharl sets up his own base of operations nearby, and even picks up some old faces along the way.Evil Overlord, same old goals of being a jerk and getting away with it. However, upon meeting certain people, he realizes that perhaps he might need to lay off his cameo personality and remember what he learned from the first game.
- A Child Shall Lead Them: Has taken over Cosmo Entelecheia and Ala Rubra despite their differences.
- Beneath the Mask: Etna notes how he's showing more maturity when he talks to Imamiah.
- Berserk Button: Most of them remain, but he doesn't like taking a smack from his subordinates, even if that got him a powerful ally.
- Celibate Hero: Not all pleased about walking into Iza and Nami....
- Evil Laugh: He wouldn't be Laharl otherwise!
- Tsundere: Claims not to be worried about Flonne after she's been elsewhere for a while. Etna doesn't by it.
- Idiot Hero: Being over forty hasn't notably matured him? Takes this in stride when talking to Ozonne.
- He Who Fights Monsters: His initial hatred of demons approached Super Hero Aurum levels before Laharl, and then Arika, smacked him sense into him. Resentment still remains, though.
- The Lancer
- Master Swordsman: Able to hold her own against Salvatore of all people, despite being weaker. Related to...)
- Royal Rapier: Despite being a thief class, Arika has this as her main weapon.
- Took a Level in Badass: Came with the territory of becoming a demon.
The ErinyesA band of odd fallen angels, who seem wholly different from Flonne...
They have some tropes that apply to all of them, which includes:
- Laser-Guided Karma: They actually have this as a power.
- One-Gender Race
- Original Characters: But the duos follow an expy theme of notable couples.
- Gallows Humor
ImamiahLeader of the Erinyes movement, who boasts inconceivable powers and dangerous intelligence. She develops a crush on Konoka after the latter shows an act of mercy on one of the former's troops.
- Affably Evil: Towards Ala Umbra at least, in particular Laharl.
- Big Bad
- Faux Affably Evil
- Fallen Angel: One of the originals.
- Villainous Crush: Exacerbated by the fact that she sounds just like Setsuna.)
- Wicked Cultured: Her ship, the Sagen.
HoukiThe Erinyes who failed to assassinate Konoka. For failing at her job, she seems rather relaxed. Maybe...
- Assassin Outclassin': No, she did not expect Konoka to catch her poison arrow and render it useless by outhealing the damage.
- Expy: While the personality is more meek, looks and powers are a nod to Akemi Homura.
LiraelPoised Erinyes who blows off Turmeric and challenges Raspberyl. Went down suspiciously easily.
MarieA ruthless Erinyes with frightening punching power, and thanks to a certain magic, uses Elemental Powers with her fists. Did not take Lirael's defeat very well at all.
TayuyaShe encountered Flonne, but fled to destinations unknown, seems polite and less inclined to fight.
- Expy: Personality-wise, Madoka to Houki's Homura.
IzaA quiet servant who's a grade stronger than the other Erinyes. Attacks Konoka directly.
NamiThe seemingly jolly opposite to Iza. Highly affectionate to her, highly vicious to Konoka.
- Ambiguously Brown
- Casting a Shadow: Darkness powered by despair!
- Expy: Because the author likes NanoFate shipping, naturally there needed to be a Nanoha.