open/close all folders
The Pack as a whole
- Good Is Not Nice: They kill when their rules are broken. They're willing to torture for information. They keep a cage in their basement.
- Involuntary Shapeshifter: As demonstrated by Elena at the start of the first episode. If you go too long without changing, the change will happen whether you want it to or not.
- Painful Transformation: Though the Pack appears to enjoy being wolves, the actual transformation looks uncomfortable at best. The first time is often fatal.
- Shapeshifting Excludes Clothing: And as such the service is chock full of Fanservice. Mostly male (as all werewolves save one are male).
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: The involuntary part makes the change look kind of like eating or sleeping. You can do it as you want, or you can wait until it happens to you like it or not.
Played By: Laura Vandervoort
- Action Girl: She's a werewolf! And the best tracker in the pack. And capable of holding her own against other members of the pack.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Ever since her first kill, she's been unhappy about her werewolf status.
- Ms. Fanservice: As the only female werewolf, she has a habit of getting naked. As a healthy, sexually active adult, she has a habit of getting naked.
Played By: Greyston Holt
- Badass Beard: A bit scruffy, fitting his rather scruffy demeanor.
- Betty and Veronica: The dark, broody, violent Veronica to Philip's Boy Next Door Betty in the triangle with Elena.
- On the other hand, as a werewolf from the pack and the one who knows Elenas past he is the Betty. Philip on the otherhand is a human with no knowledge of her secret life and is a far more dangerous romantic choice, making him the Veronica.
- The Big Guy: He's the best fighter among the pack, and generally wants to take things physical against any threat to the pack.
- Byronic Hero: Clay is broody and tortured by the things Jeremy has made him do in the name of protecting the pack, and constantly struggling to find a balance between his better nature, and his total loyalty to Jeremy.
- Genius Bruiser: He's big, ridiculously toned, and the acknowledged champion at hand-to-hand combat among the werewolves. He's also Dr. Danvers, professor of anthropology.
- The Lancer: To Jeremy.
Played By: Greg Bryk
- Badass Beard: Neater than Clay's, as is the rest of his appearance.
- Big Good: Once upon a time, he and Antonio fought their way up the ranks of the Mutts in order to force them to accept Pack rules. They still enforce those rules, to the death.
- Cultured Badass: In a backwoods Canadian kind of way. He's an artist by trade, he dresses well, he lives in a big fancy house, and he's very polite when he's not ordering executions. Or even when he is.
- A Father to His Men: As the alpha of the pack, and generally trying to be reasonable.
- Lightning Bruiser: Where Clay is big, he's quick. Barely had to lay a hand on a Mutt challenging him for Alpha.
Played By: Paulino Nunes
- The Consigliere: Jeremy's adviser, going back quite a long while.
- Number Two: Again, going back a while.
Played By: Steve Lund
- Bi the Way: His introduction-via-sex-scene involves a woman and a man. No one comments on it.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Downplayed. Opens the series quietly (or not so much) jealous of Clay. Not only of his fighting ability, but his relationship with Elena.
- Really Gets Around: He's had a string of lovers, some of them one of a time.
Played By: Michael Xavier
- Token Minority: The black member of the Pack.
Played By: Pascal Langdale
- Wicked Cultured: Introduced as an asshole smoking a fine cigar in a fine suit.
Played By: Paul Greene