Laura Dianne Vandervoort (born September 22, 1984) is a Canadian actress.
She is best known for her roles as Sadie Harrison in the Teen Drama Instant Star, Arla "The Bolt-Gun Killer" Cogan in the Syfy supernatural drama Haven, Kara Zor-El in The CW TV series Smallville, and Lisa in the ABC Science Fiction series V (2009), and Elena Michaels in the Space drama series Bitten.
- Goosebumps (1997, 1998) as Nadine Platt and Sheena Deep
- Are You Afraid of the Dark? (2000) as Ashley Fox
- Mom's Got a Date with a Vampire (2000) as Chelsea Hansen
- Mutant X (2001) as Tina
- Instant Star (2004-2008) as Sadie Harrison
- The Lookout (2007) as Kelly
- The Dresden Files (2007) as Natalie
- CSI (2007) as Ms. Tangiers
- Smallville (2007-2008, 2010, 2011) as Kara Zor-El
- V (200911) as Lisa
- Into the Blue 2: The Reef (2009) as Dani White
- Riverworld (2010) as Jess Machalan
- Family Guy (2010-2011) Jenny and Brigit
- Spider-Man: Edge of Time (2011) as Mary Jane Watson
- This Means War! (2012) as Britta
- Ted (2012) as Tanya
- White Collar (2012) as Sophie Covington
- Haven (2013) as Arla Cogan
- CSI: NY (2013) as Marcy Sullivan
- Bitten (2014-2016) as Elena Michaels
- Supergirl (2016) as Indigo / Brainiac 8
- Jigsaw (2017) as Anna
- Rabid (2019) as Rose
- Action Girl: She has a second degree black belt in karate and loves doing her own stunts. And of course she played Supergirl.
- Casting Gag: Greg Berlanti really wanted her to have a Remake Cameo in Supergirl (2015), but she couldn't at first due to her commitment to Bitten. She eventually found a way to adjust her schedule and do it.
- Dark Action Girl: As Indigo in the new Supergirl (2015) series, especially when she goes up against her successor in the role.
- Everyone Loves Blondes: Since most of her characters are Ms. Fanservice, it's inevitable that the male characters will have their attention on her. Not that we'd blame the female characters for it, either.
- Human Aliens: Her most well-known roles.
- Ms. Fanservice: Her characters tend to show a lot of skin. And we do mean a lot.
- Remake Cameo: She appeared as Indigo in Supergirl (2015). She previously played Supergirl herself in Smallville six years prior.
- Science Fiction: The most common genre she's cast in; she's openly admitted to being a fan.
- Those Two Actors: Helen Slater, the original live-action Supergirl, made a Remake Cameo on Smallville (as Kal-El's mother and Kara's aunt Lara). Laura herself did the same in Supergirl (2015), where Slater is already a Recurring Character (as Kara's adopted mother Eliza). Time will tell if Melissa Benoist will do the same and join them in a future Supergirl adaptation.
- What Could Have Been: She wanted to be Buffy when she was young. She reportedly sent Joss Whedon a letter telling him that Buffy needed a "sister". Whedon remembered her letter when she auditioned for a role years later.
- You Look Familiar: She played two different characters in the CSI franchise, one in the mothership, the other in New York. She also voiced two different characters in Family Guy.