open/close all folders
Episode 1: Pilot
Episode 2: Fastest Man Alive
- Caitlin being the "stern older sister" walking into Cisco and Barry's superheroics.
- "Captain Clone"
- Barry's reaction to the clone of Multiplex standing motionless in STAR Labs; Caitlin grew it.
- Caitlin's Motor Mouth explanation of how she grew the clone. She sounds like a Technobabbling Genki Girl.
- Cisco calculating that Barry needs to eat roughly 850 tacos. This is said completely seriously.
Cisco: Unless we’re talking cheese and guac, that’s a whole other set of equations…
- Barry Leaning on the Fourth Wall in the opening narration, saying he won't bore us with the whole origin story from last week.
- Unintentionally, it becomes even funnier as the audience just sat through such an introduction seconds earlier.
- Barry leaving his civvies behind in his rush to a crime scene, to which Harrison wonders how long it'll take him to notice. He has to buy a new outfit before heading in.
- Just as the STAR Labs team figure out why Barry is suffering dizzy spells and fainting after using his super speed, Barry passes out... whilst running on a treadmill at super speed. Cue this blur of arms and legs suddenly stopping as Barry flops to the ground, then gets launched backwards into a pile of boxes filled with packing peanuts.
- Barry learns that Danton's cells replicate in a way only found in babies.
Iris: So what, your killer's a newborn?
- Barry analyzes the scene of a robbery at a gun store, noting the perpetrator wears a size 10. Which he points out is just like the Captain. Cue him babbling to try and cover up what could have been perceived as trying to accuse the captain of armed robbery (Which he didn't mean)
- Harrison Wells sarcastically applauding what he believes to be a two-faced Simon Stagg who had just said that he hopes Danton Black comes looking for trouble.
Episode 3: Things You Can't Outrun
- Iris asks Barry what he could see in her phone's photo of the red blur. Eddie calls at that moment.
- Cisco messing up codes.
Cisco: We've got a two-thirty-seven in progress.
Barry: ...public indecency?
Cisco: Oops, I meant two-thirty-nine.
Barry: Dog leash violation!?
Caitlin: Bad man, with a gun, in a getaway car, go get 'im!
- Eddie goes to the Wests' to meet Iris, but unfortunately runs into Joe, and had to quickly come up with an excuse that he wants to re-investigate the crime scene.
- Barry asks which one is the north wing in the mall.
Wells: It's the one with the Big Belly Burger.
[Cisco gives him a weird look]
Wells: I eat.
- Iris and Eddie finally tell Joe they're dating... and he reveals he already knows. This conversation results:
Eddie: So you're not mad?
Joe: Oh I'm mad. If they hadn't confiscated my gun we'd be having an entirely different conversation right now.
Eddie: ...I'll give you two some space. I'll be outside, looking into the Witness Protection Program.
- He then gives his blessing on the relationship by promising Iris he'll do his best not to shoot Eddie.
- "So, we're supposed to get used to living above a makeshift prison. Housing violent criminals with SUPERPOWERS?"
Episode 4: Going Rogue
Episode 5: Plastique
Episode 6: The Flash Is Born
- When asked what he hit to damage himself as he had done, Barry simply says a "A man." before making sure to clarify "A big, bad man." a few seconds later.
- When Barry says the new metahuman can turn his skin into metal, Dr. Wells calls him a "man of steel". Doubly funny because said metahuman is called a "big bad man" just prior, so this might be a jab at the very divisive Man of Steel film.
- When Barry recognizes the new metahuman as a childhood bully, Caitlin and Cisco starts reminiscing about theirs as well.
Caitlin: I had a childhood nemesis, Lexi LaRoche. She used to put gum in my hair. [pouts]
Cisco: Jake Pocket. If I didn't let him copy my homework he'd give me a swirly.
Barry: Now that we've established that we're all uber-nerds, what are we going to do about Tony?
- Caitlin interrogating Barry whether he is secretly meeting Iris in costume while preparing to set his dislocated shoulder.
Caitlin: Good. [snaps his shoulder back in place with a loud crack]
- Cisco calculating the speed and the angle with which Barry has to hit the Girder (animated on a screen) while Caitlin looks worried.
- Cisco seriously wanting to also hunt down his and Caitlin's childhood bullies, regardless of whether they also have powers.
- Cisco and Caitlin are exchanging some technobabble when Wells wheels in and asks what they're doing. Cisco answers with that the're calculating the average amount of bugs Barry swallows when he runs. Wells comments he'll look forward to him receiving his Nobel Prize.
- This exchange after Barry and Iris land blows on Girder, successfully knocking him out:
The Flash: Nice cross.
Iris: I think I broke my hand.
The Flash: [weakly] Me too.
Episode 7: Power Outage
Episode 8: Flash vs Arrow
- "You mean the bank that was robbed of 1/2 million dollars, where a dozen people tried to murder each other, and you think our attention should be focused on catching Santa claus."
- Diggle and Cisco get into a "Who would win" argument about whether Arrow or Flash would win in a fight, while Felicity watches the two in what could possibly be a battle to the death.
Felicity: Please tell me you're not actually having this conversation right now.
- After his first look at the Flash, Diggle just stares slack-jawed for a few seconds before saying "You're fast." He remains completely obsessed for a while afterwards, including wondering if Barry can do everything fast, like going to the bathroom.
Diggle: I had a cousin who got hit by lightning once. He just developed a stutter.
- Barry carries Felicity to Star Labs and moves so fast that her shirt catches fire. They quickly tear it off leaving her in just a bra as Cisco and Caitlin walk in. Felicity even stammers that she's glad that she decided not to go braless.
Barry: You guys remember Felicity?
Cisco: I'll always remember this.
- Cisco playing around with a carbon fibre boomerang, and accidentally wrecking the lab. Made funnier by Caitlin screaming and trying to run from it.
- Later he has it stuck in a clamp and tells it to stay.
- Iris gushing to Barry over Oliver visiting Jitters and telling Barry that Oliver is on her freebie list, which she calls a "three list".
- In a darkly funny way, Oliver telling Barry how he doesn't mind his surrounding while they're training. Barry doesn't seem to understand what he means until he's shot in the back with by two crossbows Oliver had hidden in the grass.
You shot me!? Oliver:
I hear you heal fast
. [Cue him tearing out the arrows
and making Barry scream in pain]
- After Oliver parts ways with Team Flash on good terms, particularly Joe & Dr. Wells, he tells Felicity what the audience already thinks of the latter.
Oliver:: There's something off about that guy.
- Oliver says they're going to have to discuss Barry "giving his enemies silly code names." Barry responds accordingly:
- Oliver calls out Barry on being late:
Barry, how can you have Super Speed
and still fail to be on time?
- Immediately after this, Oliver explains how he went to every crime scene that the Flash visited and looked at Iris' blog. Barry's response:
Barry: Don't you sleep?
- Caitlin learns that the bank being robbed is the one she uses. Cisco's opinions on banking?
Cisco: Once super-thieves showed up, I went mattress.
- Cisco going into his Motor Mouth fanboy mode when he learns the Arrow is Oliver Queen. Apparently, he was on Cisco’s list of 150 possible suspects. Then Diggle shuts him up with a hard look.
- Ollie doing seriously the usual speech about how his secret identity must stay a close-guarded secret, and then Felicity "translating" that he had a lot of fun working with Team Flash, and can't wait to do it again.
Oliver: My identity is a closely guarded secret known only to a few, and if it were to get out, would endanger my family, my friends and it would embolden my enemies to retaliate with me through them.
Felicity: What Oliver is trying to say is that he had a lovely time working with you and getting to know each of you, and he can't wait to do it again soon.
Cisco: You know, it didn't sound like that's what he was saying.
- When Cisco announces they've spotted Bivolo on traffic cams by facial recognition...
Caitlin: Since when have we had facial recognition software?
Felicity: Happy Hannukah!
- When Oliver sees where Team Flash keeps their captured meta-humans in the Pipeline:
Oliver: I have a prison like this. Mine's on a nearly inhospitable island in the North China Sea, but this works too.
- Cisco gets an especially funny line when he rolls his eyes at Roy G. Bivolo raving about how he'll kill them all while he's in his cell:
Cisco: "Blah blah blah. No fortress can hold me." I've heard it all before, pal. Adios, Prism.
- This is immediately followed by an exchange between Caitlin and Cisco:
Ok, you don't get to decide the names.
Episode 9: The Man in the Yellow Suit
- Barry trims the tree at superspeed...until Joe glares at him, and he untrims the tree at superspeed.
- Immediately followed by Iris chiding them for taking so long with it. Yeah, Barry was so done with this that he risked exposing his secret to her just to end it.
- The repeated mentions that the old family eggnog recipe isn't as light on the bourbon as grandma pretended.
- Cisco calls the man in yellow "Opposite Flash." A few minutes later, the man says (where Cisco can hear him) that he's nothing like the Flash. You might even call him the reverse.
Episode 10: Revenge of the Rogues