Creator: Andrew Garfield
With a dorky smile, a friendly disposition, and heaps of talent, it's not hard to see why Andrew Garfield is one of the most sought after young actors working today.Garfield was born in Los Angeles in 1983, to a British mother and an American father, and was raised Jewish. He has spent most of his life in the UK. If you're on TV Tropes at all, then you've probably seen him in a television show or two. With a BAFTA for his performance for Boy A, it was strange that Hollywood didn't pay that much attention to him in the earlier years of his career.That is, until he burst onto the scene with his performance as Eduardo Saverin in The Social Network and as Tommy in Never Let Me Go, both released in 2010. (Also in 2010, he starred in a delightful short film called I'm Here. Trailer here ) Showing some amazing skill and giving some wonderful and heart-wrenching performances in both of his films, Hollywood has taken notice.With his role as Spider-Man and the praise he received, it looks like he has a bright future ahead of him.
- The Other Boleyn Girl (2008)
- The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (2009)
- Red Riding (2009)
- Never Let Me Go(2010)
- The Social Network (2010)
- The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)
- Silence (TBA)
- Fake American: Although American-born, he was raised his entire life in Surrey, predominantly speaks in a thick British accent and identifies himself as British.
- Going Commando: He mentioned that since the Spider-Man suit was so tight, he had to do this when filming The Amazing Spider-Man. No one's complaining except him (apparently, the costume was made with uncomfortable material).
- Manly Tears: One of his specialties: he pulls it off marvelously.
- Mr. Fanservice: Tumblr users everwhere have expressed intense appreciation for his butt. Not like anyone could blame them.
- Older Than They Look: He doesn't look his age.
- Promoted Fanboy: To the point that he actually shed tears when he got to wear the Spider-Man suit for the first time.
- Romance on the Set: Currently dating Emma Stone, his co-star in The Amazing Spider-Man Series.