Billy Elliot the Musical as its title character, he proceeded to take roles in films like The Impossible, Locke, and How I Live Now.He also provided his voice for the UK dub of Arrietty.In 2015, Marvel Studios and Sony announced that he won the coveted role of Peter Parker/Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe following the deal between Sony and Marvel Studios to share the character's rights. He first showed up in 2016's Captain America: Civil War, and has spin-off into his own solo film, Spider-Man: Homecoming, in 2017. He reprised his role in 2018's Avengers: Infinity War.Coming off his success as Spider-Man, Holland was then cast as a young Nathan Drake in the long-gestating film adaptation of the Uncharted video game series, currently without a release date but likely intended for 2019/2020.Not to be confused with the American horror-movie director of the same name. Nor Tom Hollander.
- Arrietty (2011) as Shô (voice only; UK dub)
- The Impossible (2012) Lucas Bennett
- How I Live Now (2013) as Isaac
- Locke (2014) as Eddie (voice only)
- Wolf Hall (2015) as Gregory Cromwell
- In the Heart of the Sea (2015) as Thomas Nickerson
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (2016 Ė present) as Peter Parker / Spider-Man:
- Edge of Winter (2016) as Bradley Baker
- Pilgrimage (2017) as Brother Diarmuid
- The Current War (2017) as Samuel Insull
- The Lost City of Z (2017) as Jack Fawcett
- Chaos Walking (2019) as Todd Hewitt
- Spies in Disguise (2019) as Walter (voice only)
- Untitled Uncharted film (TBD) as Nathan Drake
He provides examples of:
- Adorkable: Itís clear that Peter's dorkiness wasnít acted out. Just look at Tom in the interviews.
- Cannot Keep a Secret: To the point that he was not allowed to read the script for Infinity War. There's a video compilation of Benedict Cumberbatch stopping Tom Holand from spoiling during interviews.
- Lampshaded by Marvel themselves in a "Say "No" to Spoilers" PSA for Infinity War, where in one of the shots you can clearly see Holland's mouth being taped◊, a reference to his infamous spoiling reputation.
- This goes beyond the Marvel Cinematic Universe. During an interview for SiriusXM, Chris Pratt revealed that Tom spoiled the plot of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom to him. This was due to the fact that Tom knew director J.A. Bayona from making The Impossible and learned the plot from him.
- The Cast Show Off: Those backflips that Spider-Man does? All Holland, who has had training in gymnastics and dancing.
- Fake American: British, yet his biggest role to date has him playing the New York born-and-bred Peter Parker.
- Loose Lips: His inability to keep Marvel's secrets is infamous. See below.
- Meme Acknowledgement: He's well aware of the memes that spring up about him.
Tom: Weeks go by and I look at myself in the mirror and think..."maybe I do look like I have a frog in my mouth?"
- An interview with him about In the Heart of the Sea has him pronounce "croissant" oddly (fans saying it sounds like "quackson"). He thinks he said it fine, but he still thinks it's funny.
- There's also the meme about how he looks like he's hiding a frog in his mouth when taking paparazzi pictures, which he has both seen and approved of.
- Name's the Same: No, he didn't direct Child's Play, Fright Night (1985), or The Langoliers.
- One of Us:
- Sitcom Archnemesis: To Anthony Mackie, and to a lesser extent, Sebastian Stan.