open/close all folders
Episode 1: Pilot
Episode 3: Lone Gunman
- Oliver takes a laptop to Felicity to get her to pull information off it claiming it was damaged when he spilled coffee on it. Felicity points out that the laptop has bullet holes in it.
Episode 4: An Innocent Man
- Oliver tries to convince Diggle to join his crusade, then ditches his new bodyguard Rob when he shows up, leading to the following exchange.
Oliver: Gotta use the bathroom.
[He leaves. Solid minute of silence before Dig turns to Rob]
Diggle: Oh, that boy's long gone, man.
- Diggle being a fanboy over Oliver's gadgets.
Diggle: Oh, that's sweet.
- The quick Take That at Black Canary's infamous fishnet stockings, delivered by her comic identity no less.
- When Thea starts to think that Oliver is the masked vigilante because he got her an arrowhead, he delivers this brilliant quip.
Oliver: Good thing I didn't get you the panda shot glass or you'd think I was Panda Man.
- Oliver introduces himself to Diggle's sister-in-law who says she knows who he is. Which prompts this response from Diggle (who has just learned Oliver's secret identity):
Diggle: You really don't.
Episode 9: Year's End
- Felicity saying that she doesn't understand why archery is all the rage, and that she finds it ridiculous in front of Oliver... Ah, the good old days when she didn't know better.
- When Oliver meets Thea's boyfriend.
Oliver: Who's this Shane guy?
Thea: We rob banks and smoke crack together.
- Felicity's reason for not visiting Australia: Fear of kangaroos.
- Ollie's reaction when he sees Thea with a boy her age about to have sex.
Oliver: [low voice, similar to Bryan Mills] Hit the road.
- And he aims his hand like he was gonna shoot him.
- Ollie waving off a proposed nickname for The Hood: Green Arrow. He thinks it sounded lame.
- The boy mentioned above shows up (invited) at the Queen Christmas party and runs into Diggle and Ollie at the front door. While Shane and Ollie have a short chat, you can clearly see Diggle in the background slowly shaking his head. Diggle's Genre Savvy knows no bounds.
Shane: [nervously] Hey, Man... Thea invited me. Hope that's cool...
Ollie: [stares at him]
Diggle: [standing behind Ollie, just shakes his head]
- When Tommy visits Laurel and finds her father there in her apartment.
Tommy: Merry Christmas. How are you?
Det. Lance: [in a low voice] Proficient with firearms.
Episode 10: Burned
- Oliver being unable to pronounce Zack Galifinakis' last name.
Episode 12: Vertigo
- When Oliver asks Felicity to analyze some Vertigo for him, he tries to pass it off as a "sports drink" that he's keeping in a syringe because he "ran out of sports bottles." There is about a half beat pause as everyone absorbs the ridiculousness of that lie and Diggle just walks away.
Diggle: Your B.S. stories are getting worse.
Oliver: Well aware.
- Felicity cringing after she blurts out "I've noticed" when Oliver tells her that he's very particular about what he puts in his body. Made even better by Stephen Amell having to take an extra second to compose himself after laughing at her horrified reaction.
- Ollie needs to kill someone in front of the Russian mob to gain their trust. Diggle is horrified, until they carry the body off to a car trunk and Ollie promptly wakes the guy up. Surprised, Diggle asks if Ollie's gonna teach him how to do it, but Ollie just says "No." and then punches the guy really hard in order to knock him out again.
- Dig is spying on Moira and, to that end, replaces her chauffeur. She enters a restaurant and tells him she doesn't need an escort. Dig ends up following her anyway, expecting her to meet some evil dude, but stumbles on the birthday party of one of Moira's friends. He has to pretend to look for the restroom. What sells it is the "Happy Birthday" addressed to the friend.
Episode 14: The Odyssey
- This dialog snippet:
Felicity Smoak: I'm guessing how and why are Oliver Queen's least favorite questions.
John Diggle: Yeah, well, there's also when and where he's not too fond of.
- Also, Felicity's obsessive attitude towards technology:
Oliver: Then why did you upgrade my system?
Felicity: [...] seeing a system that poorly set up hurts me. [Puts hands over heart] In my soul.
- Felicity strikes again:
Felicity: [Fidgeting] So I've been meaning to ask... Is there a bathroom, 'cause I've had to pee since I got here.
- Also, Island!Ollie trying (and failing) to make fire for two hours, and then Slade whipping out his lighter. His answers to Ollie's protestations:
Slade: I know, I was watching you. Thank you for the entertainment.
- A younger Oliver's wholly inappropriate amusement.
Oliver: "I'm stranded on an island, and my only friend is named Wilson."
Episode 15: The Dodger
- Felicity is always fun:
Felicity: (helping catch the Dodger, a jewel thief, using a brooch donated by the Queen family as bait) [What are you going to do if] he absconds with your family jewels?
- Also, Ollie explaining how he typically gets the information he needs (putting the fear of God into the interrogated person), and then saying that they can try Felicity's way (slipping a bug in McKenna's phone)
- On the island, even while wounded and sick, Slade still has the strength to quip a bit, suggesting that Island!Ollie gets him a Maxim or Sports Illustrated while looking for Yao Fei's "Super herbs".
Episode 16: Dead to Rights
- Regarding dating Helena:
Diggle: You may not want to go after the girl who's hunting you down.
Ollie: Well, it's slim pickings for us vigilantes.
- When Malcolm visits the group.
Malcolm: They're bestowing me with their annual Humanitarian Award.
Tommy: What, they ran out of actual humans to give it to?
- Also, during Tommy's birthday at Laurel's place, after she says the ringing is probably for the food that she ordered.
Ollie: Thank God she didn't cook.
- The look on Malcolm's face when told the Hood saved him.
- Slade sarcastically suggesting that Island!Ollie go gather enough bamboo to build a boat like on Gilligan's Island; later, his reaction when Ollie gets the radio working.
- There's also the Visual Pun that happened in that scene. Slade had just killed a boar and brought back to eat. He says Oliver will get the radio working when pigs fly. He gets it to work, and Slade throws the pig off his shoulders, meaning at least one pig did fly.
- John calls out Oliver for treating Helena differently than he would any other villain.
Diggle: I think you would have [killed her] a long time ago if she looked like me instead of the T-Mobile girl.
Episode 18: Salvation
- Ollie's hypocrisy:
Felicity: It's just... you went over there to be all, "Grr, stop being bad or I'll arrow you," and now you want to rescue him.
Ollie: I don't like the idea that somebody dangerous is out there.
[Felicity turns around and gives Ollie the "oh, really?" look]
Ollie: [exasperated] Somebody else.
Episode 19: Unfinished Business
- On the island:
- Later, Shado makes him punch water.
- The club's lost and found consists primarily of one type of item: Ladies' Underwear.
- The bad guy bets that Oliver couldn't aim a single arrow. So he doesn't. The guy's "oh, shit" look right before Oliver shoots is priceless.
- After Diggle obtains a sample of the new Vertigo:
Diggle: Alright. Person of color has successfully purchased your drugs.
Felicity: For the record, I offered.
Episode 20: Home Invasion
- Roy, while trying to find the vigilante.
Thea: Is that a police radio in your pocket?!
Roy: Nope, I'm just happy to see you.
- When Roy gives the radio back
Roy: You set this up just to get your radio back?
Det. Lance: Well, I do love that radio.
- After Roy tried, and failed, to get into contact with the Hood via a stolen police radio, Thea visits him later.
Roy: You probably think I'm an idiot.
Thea: Oh I already thought you were an idiot. Now, I think you're brain dead.
- Felicity's concern over hacking a Federal database.
Felicity: I really don't see myself fitting in well at Guantanamo Bay.
Ollie: Don't worry, Felicity, they don't send blondes there.
Felicity: I dye it, actually. [beat] I keep your secrets.
- A blink-and-you'll-miss-it about that last one is Ollie leaning in to inspect Felicity's hair.
Episode 21: The Undertaking
- Felicity's wearing an earbud so she can talk to Oliver inside the casino:
Felicity: It feels really good having you inside me. By "you," I mean your voice. And by "me," I mean my ear. I'm going to stop talking now.
Oliver: That would be my preference.
- Felicity's absolutely horrified expression really sells it.
Episode 22: Darkness on the Edge of Town
- Felicity's worried about Ollie:
Felicity: Well, no. The last time the Vigilante paid your mom a visit, you got shot, and I got to play doctor with you. (exasperated expression) Ahh! My brain thinks of the worst way to say things.
- A little later in the scene, Felicity notes that the purchase of UNIDAC was around the same time she and Ollie first met. The way she says it almost sounds like a perky subtle "You know, when our relationship first started. Nudge nudge wink wink."
- Needing direct access to Merlyn's mainframe in his office building to find some info, Team Green Arrow sneak Felicity into the building, providing cover. Once she's finished and leaves, she runs smack dab into an unexpected security guard and Ollie's too distracted to help. Enter Diggle who's posing as a security guard.
Diggle: There you are! Thanks a lot man, this one snuck past security. One of Merlyn Jr.'s bimbos; she's pissed he never called her back.
Security Guard: Copy that. I read the tabloids.
Diggle: Yeah, thanks again. (To Felicity) Let's go, Barbie. Your new last name ain't gonna be Merlyn.
Felicity: (Playing along) But I love him! He's my man! (Out of earshot, grinning and giggling) My Knight in Shining Armor!
Diggle: (Grinning right back) Let's go.
- Felicity is trying unsuccessfully to hack into the Merlyn mainframe. Ollie is apparently pestering her about it.
Felicity: Just for the record, I will pump my fist in the air and scream "Yes!" if I get anything.
- (Later, after successfully hacking into the mainframe and downloading the info.)
Felicity: (Pumping her fist in the air) Yes! (Looks at her fist) Wow, I really do do that.
- Oliver introducing himself to Roy as "Thea's disapproving older brother".
- Felicity, after Oliver swings her across an empty elevator shaft and takes her to the Merlyn Global mainframe, looks a little green around the gills. She mentions that her "about to hack" face (hack the computer or hack up her lunch is left ambiguous.)
Episode 1: City of Heroes
- Diggle and Felicity talking on the airplane:
Diggle: Felicity, if you're so scared, why did you insist on sitting up front?
Felicity: This is the only seat with a seatbelt.
Diggle: Which will come in handy when we hit the water at 180 miles an hour.
[terrified look from Felicity]
Diggle: Which will not happen.
- Felicity throwing up after skydiving. And Diggle thanking her for waiting until they were on the ground to do so.
- Oliver sees Shado coming in while he and Slade are training, assuming he's done. Slade immediately cracks him on the head to take advantage of the situation.
- And after Slade whacks Oliver in the head:
Shado: [to Oliver] Don't beat yourself up.
Oliver: Apparently that's his job.
Slade: And I love my job!
- This little dialogue is a subtle one:
Thea: [berating Roy for playing hero] The vigilante, who hasn't been seen since the earthquake, which means he did get buried alive and isn't coming back.
Oliver: [just entering Verdant] I'm back!
- Felicity renovated the Foundry almost completely...except for the salmon ladder, just because she likes watching Oliver on it.
Episode 2: Identity
- The episode features Oliver noting that Felicity and Diggle need secret identities to continue helping him, leading to Diggle dryly commenting that his secret identity is the black driver. Which Oliver later uses as a Brick Joke.
- Felicity still can't stop her tendencies.
Oliver: If I'm going to be Oliver Queen CEO, then I can't very well travel down 18 floors every time you and I need to discuss how we spend our nights.
Felicity: And I love spending the night with you— [she immediately realizes what she said, turns her head and grimaces] —3... 2... 1... I worked very hard to get where I am and it wasn't to get you coffee!
- Even better, the way Oliver said that suggests that he actually said it that way just because he knew Felicity would fall for it.
- Also, Felicity's refusal to take her "secretarial" job lying down.
Felicity: You know, I would [get some coffee], Mr. Queen, but it seems that someone's broken our coffeemaker. [whispers quietly to him upon leaving] Violently.
- Upon arriving in Verdant, Oliver is greeted by a surprised Thea, noting that she didn't see him arrive.
- This exchange between Oliver and Dig in the elevator before they have to go to the charity event Ollie set up for the people in the Glades:
Oliver: Oh, I'm just lucky Oliver Queen has a reputation for not showing up on time.
Diggle: You know, I've been meaning to tell you, it really weirds me out to no end the way you refer to yourself in the third person like that.
Episode 3: Broken Dolls
- Lance apologizes to the Dollmaker's attorney, who just got shot in the shoulder by the Arrow to get information
Officer Lance: I'm sorry, I guess he just gets enthusiastic sometimes.
- Roy's search for the mysterious female vigilante leads to him gaining information from Glades citizen in exchange for expensive wine:
Roy: I'm looking for someone. A blonde, likes black leather.Hoss: Sounds like your type.Roy: And beats the crap out of guys with a bow staff.Hoss: That still sounds like your type.
Episode 4: Crucible
- Felicity adorkably making excuses for Ollie, all the while revelling in the chance to stroke his beard.
- Making herself look and sound like his over-doting girlfriend when she tries (and fails) to explain the blood on his face.
Felicity: Who taught you to shave, mister...
- Making herself look and sound like his over-doting girlfriend when she tries (and fails) to explain the blood on his face.
- The Mayor calling The Canary a "bitch", and Arrow doing a face which just screams "Now you're really looking for an ass-kicking". Ass-kicking that Canary delivers.
Canary: I really hate that word.
- Dig makes a speech to Oliver about the weight of secrets. Ollie's answer?
Oliver: You see how hard I work out.
Episode 5: League of Assassins
- Felicity being Felicity about Sara coming back from the dead:
Felicity: I was happy to hear you were not dead anymore.
- Later, Felicity comparing her difficulties to get out of a gym membership to Sara's struggle to get out of the League of Assassins
- Felicity asking about the League of Assassins
Felicity: What's the League of Assassins? ...And don't say "A league made of assassins".
- Felicity telling Lance about the LoA.
Felicity: It didn't sound as crazy in my head.
Quentin: I doubt it.
- The Canary setting traps for the men that followed her to her hideout.
Episode 6: Keep Your Enemies Closer
- Diggle explaining why he's willing to get arrested in a foreign country, with a hideous amount of drugs. This situation - not funny. Felicity's reaction to the situation is a completely different story.
Diggle: Felicity... Lyla isn't my friend. She was my wife.
Felicity: Explain that sentence.
- After Oliver and Isabel have a one night stand, he's interrupted in his attempt to give an excuse for why he has to leave for his Arrow duties: "Do I really strike you as someone who needs to cuddle?"
- Oliver telling Felicity they need to work on her excuses.
Episode 7: State v. Queen
- Felicity has spotted what looks like a reflection in the eye of the hostage.
Ollie: Can you enhance?
Felicity: It hurts me that you feel a need to ask.
- When the Count sees the Arrow has come for him, he says this:
- When Felicity interrupts the Count as he's threatening to kill her, he simply snaps at her: "Quiet, please, I'm threatening."
Episode 8: The Scientist
- Quentin Lance just deadpan snarking his way through his moments of this episode.
Quentin Lance: Any idea what these guys were so hot to break in for? Didn't happen to leave a spare earthquake machine lying around, didja?
Oliver: (eyes Lance)
Quentin Lance: Sorry.
- Even more hilarious after Tremors. Because there really was a spare earthquake machine just lying around!
- And then he prompts an awesome Sight Gag.
Quentin Lance:You might wanna fill in our mutual friend in on this.
Felicity: Don't worry. I'm sure he's on it. (Camera pans over to Oliver)
- The funniest part, her slight grin and the awesomeness of her keeping her eyes focused on Lance.
- The Running Gag with Oliver taking shots at Barry's youthful looks.
Quentin Lance: Great. Who the hell are you?
Oliver: And do your parents know you're here?
- At the party:
Oliver: Time for a dance?
Felicity: Not really feeling like dancing with you, Oliver.
Oliver: I know. That's why I called him. [gestures to Barry who just entered] FYI, they will card him at the bar.
- And then after Barry warns Felicity again that he can't dance, but he'll hold her hands and sway. Then they start to dance...
- And then after Barry warns Felicity again that he can't dance, but he'll hold her hands and sway. Then they start to dance...
- Near the beginning of the episode:
Felicity: Mrs. Queen, welcome back to the company.
Moira: Thank you.
Felicity: You look fabulous. Really, better than ever. Did you do something to your hair?
Moira: [dryly] Yes, I shampooed it without eight women and a guard watching me.
Felicity: [awkward look] Is it ok to laugh? Because I was ordered not to say anything about you being in prison, just to avoid any awkward... [beat] exchanges. [Moira walks off]
Oliver: Like that one.
- Barry Allen entering with a trademark Felicity Smoak quality ramble.
Barry: Actually, it was only one guy. Uh, sorry, I'm late. But, actually my train was late. Well, the second one. The first one... I did miss, but that was my cab driver's fault. I've got this great traffic app. And he thought that... [trails off] he was right. But I'm here now, though. So...
- Oliver's attempt at nonchalance when Barry asks him a...interesting hypothetical question.
Barry: I'm guessing you don't know how hard it is to break someone's neck, hmm?
Oliver: Hmm? No. No idea.
- Barry and Felicity discussing Ollie-as-the-Vigilante:
Barry: Police reports show that he uses carbon arrows, but if he switched to an aluminum carbon composite, he would have far better penetration.
Felicity: Maybe he thinks he penetrates just fine.
- Ollie is a little suspicious of Barry:
Ollie: I want you to look into this Allen kid. There's more to him than he's letting on.
[Felicity and Barry are working side by side seamlessly, bumping shoulders]
Diggle: [amused] His intentions seem pretty clear to me.
Episode 9: Three Ghosts
- At the very beginning, when Ollie wakes up.
Felicity: This is the point in a lifesaving emergency where you thank the person that did the lifesaving.
- The Snark-to-Snark Combat between Felicity and Oliver right after, with such zingers as:
Felicity: Well, we didn't have time to get your vote, what with you unconscious and dying.
Ollie: What happens if he leaves here and goes right to the police?
Felicity: He wouldn't do that. Barry: [overlapping Felicity] I wouldn't do that.
Felicity: I trust him.
Ollie: I don't!
Felicity: What are you going to do, put an arrow in him?
Ollie: I am considering it.
Felicity: Don't worry, he's kidding.
[Barry does not look too comforted]
- The outcome of Oliver's choice to put an arrow into Roy's thigh. After a rather uncomfortable session in front of his sister and her friends, Oliver has to remove the arrow from Roy's thigh (he was given whiskey for the pain from Sin that was poured on his leg by Ollie), and it ends with a rather... awkward call to Diggle:
- Felicity learns about Shado.
Felicity: Shado. Sara. How many women were you marooned with? Are you sure this wasn't fantasy island?
- Felicity has a little fun at Barry's expense for making assumptions:
Barry: So, any plans for Christmas?
Felicity: Lighting my menorah.
Episode 10: Blast Radius
- Felicity has returned...
Felicity: Ah, [Barry]'s still sleeping. I prefer sleeping to coma, 'cause coma sounds, you know, not fun.
- Ollie (as Arrow) meets Quentin Lance on the roof of a building:
Quentin: You know, most cops, they meet their informants in the backseat of a cruiser or maybe a coffee shop or something, but... [double take] What's with the mask?
Ollie: Gift from a friend.
Quentin: You got friends?
- Funnier the second time around - Oliver's righteous indignation at being told to pull his head out of his ass.
- Quentin and Laurel are discussing a suspicious invoice:
Laurel: I'm trying to find someone named "Maya Resik." I searched the Internet, the DMV records, social security...Nothing.
Quentin: Why are you looking for a ghost?
Laurel: Sebastian's paying her bills. A woman who doesn't seem to exist; I find that suspicious.
Quentin: Thinking that your boyfriend's up to no good, that's typically more my thing than yours.
Laurel: Oh, he's not exactly my boyfriend.
Quentin: Well, that makes digging into his life a little less fun, then.
- Diggle's chagrin at being the referee between Felicity and Oliver instead of actually fighting with Oliver
Diggle: Hey, is this how it's going to be with you two from now on?
- Felicity and Diggle are disarming the trigger:
Diggle: He probably put in a safeguard. Tampering with it will set off a deadman's switch.
Felicity: That's a really depressing term. [beat] And a little bit sexist.
- The look on Shrapnel's face when he realizes Oliver had cut the cord to his detonator. And the dialogue beforehand when he threatens to detonate the explosives.
Shrapnal: Did you hear what I just said?Oliver: Yup.
Episode 11: Blind Spot
- Arrow is interrogating a crook with the help of an audio polygraph. However, Felicity tells him that the guy needs to say the truth at least once for it to work. Cue this question, suggested by Felicity, asked by Ollie with his filtered voice, angrily:
Arrow: What color are your shoes?
Crook: What?... Blue.
- Ollie also briefly hesitates when asked to do so; one can sense he knew exactly how stupid he was about to sound.
- Ollie is talking to Roy behind Verdant:
Ollie: It takes a lot to run towards danger, not away from it.
Roy: That sounded like praise. [looks skeptical]
- Laurel is meeting Arrow!Ollie:
Laurel: You're late.
Ollie: I had to circle around to make sure there wasn't a SWAT team waiting for me again.
- Diggle and Ollie about Roy:
- Felicity Smoak's excellent takedown of Diggle's reasoning:
Diggle: Felicity, he's dedicated his life, risked his life to help the people of the Glades. And in his spare time, he's a murderer trying to create an army of human weapons?
Felicity: You're a personal bodyguard who fights crime at night with his billionaire boss. Not a lot of people show their real face in public.
- Felicity is talking to Ollie:
- Felicity being Genre Savvy, and reflecting the opinion of part of the fandom:
Felicity: His last name is Blood, that can't be a good sign.
- Roy asking Thea to lend Sin a slutty dress for a "date", and the latter telling Ms. Queen that she won't touch her hair.
- Also Thea awkwardly not knowing if Sin is going out with a guy or girl.
Episode 12: Tremors
- So much of Felicity's screen time.
Ollie: Roy was mad at the world before he was injected with Mirakuru.
Diggle: You say you've seen this before?
Ollie: Slade Wilson. He was my friend.
Felicity: Troubling use of past tense there.
- Ollie and Felicity are getting along well again.
Ollie: You hacked into a prison system network?!
Felicity: Is that judgment I'm hearing?
[Felicity looks a little surprised and embarrassed]
- Her opinion on nicknames.
Felicity: Iron Heights just put out a BOLO for Ben Turner, AKA Bronze Tiger, which, BTW, is a terrible nickname, because tigers are not bronze.
- When Ollie gets injured again.
Felicity: You both scoffed when I said we should invest in an X-ray machine down here.
- Too many metaphors piled up.
- Bronze Tiger's Deadpan Snarker tendencies are pretty funny.
Arrow: You don't know what you're dealing with.
Bronze Tiger: Big machine, makes earthquakes.
Arrow: Don't you know what happens if the wrong people have it?
Bronze Tiger: Yeah. I get paid.
- When Thea calls Oliver to tell him about Laurel getting wasted at the club. Oliver is at that moment discussing plans with his team in his lair beneath the club.
Oliver: [switched back to his brother-voice] Yup?
Thea: Are you near the club?
Oliver: [looks at the ceiling] I'm pretty close. Why?
- Roy and Oliver...bonding.
Roy: Is this the part where you kill me because I know your secret?
Oliver: You actually think I'd kill my sister's boyfriend?
Roy: Well, you did shoot me in the leg. [beat] Forgiven, by the way.
- And the rules...
Oliver: Thea. She can never know.
Roy: I get the feeling that if I did tell her that would be when you kill me.
Oliver: Trust that instinct.
- Team Arrow welcoming Roy into the fold, officially.
Roy: Does this group have a name? Like "Team Arrow", or something?
Oliver: We don't call ourselves that.
Felicity: I do. Occasionally.
Episode 13: Heir to the Demon
- Felicity talking to Walter:
Walter: I'm no longer your boss, Felicity. So let's make it "Walter" from now on.
Felicity: Okay. Walter.
- Regarding the Tempest account activating again.
Felicity: That is the money Mrs. Queen used to do some really bad things. I mean, you guys did get divorced for pretty good reasons. Which is not my business.
- Again - situation, not funny. Felicity has found out Thea's actual parentage and was emotionally blackmailed by Moira Queen to keep her mouth shut. Oliver's physical reaction to the very weird eye contact between the two (imagine someone watching a tennis match.) - funny.
- Quentin's reaction when he learns about Sara's...relationship with Nyssa.
- Sara's response when Quentin asks about where she met the Arrow, which he admits is Actually Pretty Funny, even as a joke.
Sara: Vigilante club.
Episode 14: Time of Death
- Felicity comparing a small scar in her mouth to Ollie, Dig and Sara's battle scars.
- Felicity got shot saving the Canary's life, and needs to be sewn up. Instead of going to the hospital, she insists on getting it done on the Foundry, like the others. Except that she isn't as badass, and Dig gives her oxycodone, which he pretends is aspirin. Felicity on drugs is quite a sight.
Felicity: Dig gave me some of those aspirins... are you spinning?
- Upon seeing Sara for the first time since she was forced to leave Starling City, Sin promptly glomps her, much to everyone else's confusion. She quickly makes up a story about how she always does that when people come back from the dead due to a zombie fetish, then rolls her eyes.
- The awkward moment between Oliver and Quentin after the latter apologizes over his treatment of the former following his return a year and a half earlier. There's a beat, then Lance quickly backs out before it gets too weird.
Episode 15: The Promise
- Island!Ollie's first attempt at shooting trick arrows. Later we realize that he was just trying to show off, since there was no tactical reason for the shot.
Oliver: [flustered] There was a breeze.
- When Oliver gets thrown back to his cell, he meets Anatoli Knyazev again.
Oliver: I told you I'd come back.
Anatoli: Fantastic. We're saved.
- When Sara explains that in order to sell Ivo on the effect of the truth serum working, Ollie's going to need to act like he's stoned, Ollie simply smirks and says he has a lot of practice at doing that.
- Slade spending the whole episode in the present day trolling Oliver in the mansion, since the latter can't reveal the truth about Slade to Moira and Thea without revealing the truth about himself.
Episode 16: Suicide Squad
- While it's heartwarming to see Dig and Felicity talking in his car with her bringing him hot chocolate, it also has some funny one-liners:
Felicity: So I get you sitting outside of my house like that lacrosse player from my freshman year of college.
- Amanda Waller introduces Diggle to the Suicide Squad, which contains Bronze Tiger, Shrapnel and Deadshot. His response:
Diggle: What, O.J and Charles Manson weren't available?
- Bronze Tiger's Deadpan Snarker side makes another appearance while Shrapnel is raving about his tormentors with a Shout-Out to Chekov:
Bronze Tiger: Please, stop giving him books.
- Harley Quinn's cameo.
Harley: Do you cuties need some counseling? I'm a trained therapist.
- Waller pounding on that prisoner's cell to make her shut up is pretty funny, too.
- At Verdant, Laurel is talking to Sara over an application form:
Laurel: "Do you have any previous experience in retail?" Um, does shopping count?
- Deadshot's calm reaction in being targeted by an ARGUS UAV armed with missiles, until Lyla grabs Bronze Tiger's steel claws in order to remove the surgical implant in Deadshot's body.
Deadshot: Whoa, hang on. Don't I get a say in this?
Lyla: Turn around.
Diggle: What are you doing?
Deadshot: Look! I think I'd rather get blown up!
Lyla: Hold still! This is going to hurt.
Episode 17: Birds of Prey
- Felicity has figured out how Helena returned to Starling City:
Felicity: According to the SCPD, the guy that gave Helena a ride into town is a 22-year-old Poly Sci major at SCU, and a member of Gamma Tau, which totally explains the whole "I didn't know I was aiding and abetting a known felon" thing. Anyone with boobs can get a frat boy to do anything.
Oliver: I was a frat boy.
Felicity: I rest my case.
- And then Sara gets in on it by teasing Ollie that he "Has a Type". Later on, when Sara engages Helena, Helena notes that "Oliver sure does like to dress up his girls".
- Sara asks Felicity and Diggle what they think she should do about Helena.
Felicity: Oh, I think if the Huntress shows up, you should totally kick her ass.
Diggle: [nods in agreement]
- A minor one, but it was kinda funny that Slade needed one of the prisoners who fled to the island to repair the ship because he "unfortunately decapitated the engineer".
- Lance goes about calling the Arrow's phone line... only to hear Oliver's cellphone ring at the same time. Oliver makes a quick comment about his mother calling him at that exact moment. Leading to this:
Oliver: I'm with Lance as Oliver, and he just called the Arrow.
Felicity: Oh. [Felicity's eyes go wide] Oh! [to Dig] It's getting really hard to keep track of who knows whose secret identity.
- Roy's abruptly sudden attempt to break-up with Thea in the Verdant club is absurdly humorous.
Roy: Thea, we need to break up.
Thea: What?! No.
Roy: What do you mean "no"? Thea, I'm breaking up with you.
Thea: No, you're not.
Roy: You can't make me date you.
- A minor one, but Thea sees and calls Slade by saying, "Mr. Wilson".
- This exchange, full stop.
Diggle: Helena Bertinelli. Daughter of mob boss Frank Bertinelli.
Felicity: Or as I like to call her, Oliver's psycho ex-girlfriend hell-bent on revenge against her father.
Oliver: That's what you took from that sentence?
Episode 18: Deathstroke
- A recurrent motif in this episode is male characters marveling at how scary the females they're talking to are.
- Roy accidentally shoots the arrow into one of the electric power mains lines.
Ollie: [casually] Well, I see we have some work to do.
- Then Felicity makes a comment:
Felicity: Well, I told a guy the truth and he got struck by lightning. To be fair, probably won't happen again, statistically.
- Ollie has been telling Felicity to toss his phone messages. She matter-of-factly points out he told her to do that last month, too. She settles the matter by reminding him of the board meeting:
Felicity: There's absolutely zero way that the CEO can avoid being there. And I know it's been a while, so in case you've forgotten, that's you. Do you remember where you put your business suit? Or do you keep it in a cool glass case, too?
- Felicity comments on her hacking:
Felicity: Since the last place Thea was seen was Verdant, I used credit card receipts, compiled a list of customers last night, pinged all their cell phones and hacked into their photos. The NSA is right; it's a lot easier when you don't need a warrant.
- Moira gets a good one when she interrupts Oliver's meeting with Isabel.
Moira: How is Ms. Rochev these days? Still mad that Dorothy dropped a house on her sister?
Episode 19: The Man Under the Hood
- Team Arrow are on the way to the Applied Sciences building:
Felicity: I don't think my eye holes line up properly. [frustratedly removes her mask] Is anyone else having this problem?
Sara: Don't be nervous.
Felicity: I'm a lot nervous. This is a big move, even for us. [beat] And we've cornered the market on big moves.
Ollie: Slade didn't give us any choice.
Felicity: Yeah, as far as plans go, this is not a good one.
Ollie: Felicity. This was your plan.
Felicity: I didn't think you'd actually say yes.
- Felicity comments on her bombing the Applied Sciences building:
Felicity: I'm a bomber. I can't believe I'm a bomber. I wonder if I can list that on my resume under special skills.
- Felicity explaining how she knew Cisco and Caitlin were attacked by a guy (Deathstroke). What makes this scene even better are Diggle's facial reactions behind Felicity going ranging from "You're explaining?" to "God, I shouldn't have let you explain anything, ever.":
Felicity: He didn't hurt you, did he?
Caitlin: You said "he" twice ... do you know who attacked us, that lunatic with a mask and a sword?
Felicity: No, I... I don't know. I said he twice because on the radio I heard the person who attacked you had man-parts which would make him "he"...
- Felicity is complaining about Iris visiting the comatose Barry:
Felicity: That's just swell. Barry's in a coma and he's already moved on.
Episode 20: Seeing Red
- Near the beginning of the episode:
Felicity: Does the fact that him lying there freaks me out a little make me a bad person?
Diggle: Felicity, I don't think there's a force on earth that can make you a bad person. [beat] But I am starving.
- After putting Roy back in the restraints:
Felicity: Anyone else crave dim sum after fisticuffs? [looks around] No? Okay. Dumplings for one, then.
Episode 21: City of Blood
- Felicity geeking out in ARGUS's computer lab.
Felicity: That computer's running an XK-15 processor. But that's not even supposed to exist yet. I want one.
Felicity: Is that the satellite frequency communicator TX-50? Can I touch it? I know that sounds a little weird and creepy, but I've never seen one in real life.
[she gets to touch it for a millisecond before being warned off touching classified equipment]
- Anatoli's laconic announcement that the submarine they're in is operational.
Anatoli: Like riding bicycle. [beat] Underwater.
- And then, to Oliver and Sara:
Anatoli: I can see why you two are made for each other. You like your explosions.
- Felicity and Diggle getting Slade's goon to talk...by hacking his bank account and donating the money to charity.
Clinton: Go to hell.
Diggle: You sure that's how you want to play it?
Clinton: You think I've never taken a beating before?
Diggle: Now you’re gonna wish I beat you.
Felicity: Hi, I'll be your interrogator.
Clinton: Is this a joke?
Felicity: Clinton Howie. Social security number 306-00-3894.
Clinton: What the hell is this suppose to be?
Felicity: Oh, look at this, you have a bank account in the Caymen Islands. Wow, two million dollars, quite the little nest egg. But it looks like you just approved a wire transfer of $1 million to a charity here in Starling City. Very generous. What should I do with the rest?
Felicity: Great cause! And they really appreciate the support.
Felicity: Bitch with wifi. Hey Clinton, looks like your mom and dad have a really nice retirement portfolio too, but they, oh no, are just about to make some really bad investments.
Clinton: Okay, just wait, just wait, stop. What do you want to know?
Episode 22: Streets of Fire
- Isabel Rochev has knocked down Diggle and is demanding to know where Felicity Smoak is:
Isabel: Do you want to save me some time and energy? Then tell me where I can find Felicity Smoak. I have been aching to put a bullet in her smug little face ever since the day— [she gets whacked by a van]Felicity: [behind the wheel, flustered] Oh, I really thought the airbags were going to go off.
- Team Arrow finally have their hands on the Mirakuru cure, and Felicity has just opened the case:
- Ollie's first attempt at speaking Russian while saying farewell to Anatoli and hoping they'll see each other again.
Anatoli: I'll also teach you to speak Russian.
Episode 23: Unthinkable
- Sara has just arrived with Nyssa.
Felicity: Gee, Sara, you could've called before you invited... [quickly counts] seven assassins down into our top secret lair.
- And then...
Nyssa: I'm Nyssa, daughter of Ra's Al-Ghul. Heir to the demon.
Felicity: Felicity Smoak. MIT class of '09.
- Another Nyssa moment with Papa Wolf Lance.
Nyssa: I know the power of a father's love. And I would die before I let anything happen to your daughter.
Lance: Well, here's hoping.
Episode 1: The Calm
- Oliver reaches Felicity levels of Adorkable trying to ask her out, until she has to say "Usually I'm the one talking in sentence fragments."
- Oliver decides to ask Felicity about Italian food for their date, while in the middle of a high-speed chase.
- To say nothing of the fact that Felicity was working at her day job at the time (which she loathes.) Almighty hacker supreme Felicity Smoak is reduced to providing tech support in an electronics store. Sad for her, hilarious for the rest of us.
- Felicity stammering about the unusual circumstances of their first date; they've already gone through all the conversations they'd usually be having right now, and she's gotten quite a few looks at him with his shirt off.
- Ollie giving a passionate, rousing speech about why the board should sell him back Queen Consolidated. Which is promptly outshone by Ray Palmer whipping out some fancy tech and data...data he stole from QC's servers... which he was also able to do efficiently thanks to the unwitting advice of Felicity. The look on her face says it all.
- On that note, basically everything Ray Palmer does in the episode is hilarious. This includes this line:
Palmer: Traffic was terrible, which is why I took my helicopter. I parked it on your roof, hope that's not a problem.
- Felicity's revenge on Ray manipulating her: hacking every electronic device he owns to do nothing but play porcupine farts.
- When Diggle and Lyla are at a doctor's appointment the doctor refers to Diggle as Lyla's husband, they each correct him at the same time.
Episode 2: Sara
- In such a bleak episode, it was funny to see a mook trying to escape the Arrow via Parkour. Ollie's answer is to punch him in the dick mid-pull up. Even with the mask and hood hiding his face, his body language alone just screams "Are you kidding me!?"
- During the flashback scenes, where after finding out he's to assassinate Tommy, Oliver tries to get out of it by suggesting he should find a body that looks like Tommy from the morgue. In Hong Kong. He almost gets a Face Palm in response to the stupidity of the plan.
Episode 3: Corto Maltese
- Upon learning that Thea is staying on the eponymous island, Roy grabs his bow to follow Oliver after her. When Ollie challenges him ("What are you doing?"), Roy goes on a long speech about how Thea left because of him, and he needs to help bring her back...until Ollie clarifies:
Oliver: No, I meant what are you doing with that? You can't bring a bow on a plane.
Roy: ...oh. I've never actually flown before.
- Making this scene even better is that Oliver is on the verge of laughing himself when it cuts to the next scene.
- Felicity juggling calls for help from both Laurel and Oliver, right in front of Ray. Plus her opening remark to the former: "Are we favor friends now? Are we friends?"
- Diggle response to Lyla's teasing over what he's going to do when baby Sara grows up & starts noticing boys? Say that's what his Glock is for, in the same tone of voice he was using to talk to Sara a second earlier.
Episode 4: The Magician
- In the Hong Kong flashback, Oliver gets Maseo's son to give him his laptop, by offering to swipe him two candies from the jar his parents keep over the fridge.
Son: ...five pieces.
Oliver: Fine, five, just give me the stupid laptop!
- Captain Lance greets Nyssa by saying he didn't recognize her without her "Halloween costume".
- Felicity suddenly arriving at the end (she was in a corresponding Flash episode) and asking what she missed.
- Lance is shown officially reprimanding two officers who arrested a bookie who had the chief as one of his clients... and then seconds later "As far as I'm concerned, you just keep doing your jobs,"- he hands them money, congratulates them for their service and tells them the first round's on him.
- Malcolm's appalled reaction to Oliver's new vigilante alias, "The Arrow".
- Especially when you remember that he suggested the name "Green Arrow", which Oliver rejected, in Season 1.
Episode 5: The Secret Origin of Felicity Smoak
- The episode begins with training sequences of Ollie and Roy, Laurel and Ted Grant and Malcolm and Thea, which would all qualify for Training from Hell, then Thea asks how normal people spend their morning... and it switches to Felicity in her pajamas being happy after doing five sit-ups, while the DVD instructor announces ten.
- Donna Smoak's introduction, which embarrasses both Felicity and Ray.
Ray: Are you adopted?
- After Brother Eye's first cyber attack, Diggle tries to bring baby Sara with him into Team Arrow's base.
Oliver: You can't bring her down there!
Diggle: [beat] ... who's she going to tell, Oliver?
Oliver: [another beat] ...I'm not comfortable with her down there.
- Mixed with a moment of awesome, Roy disables the RPG the goons are using by putting an arrow through the barrel... then stops and looks as if to say "holy crap, did I just do that?"
- Felicity's Blatant Lies to Ray Palmer when she decides to take the day off and start reconciling her strained relationship with her mother. It's one thing to fake calling in sick over the phone, it's a whole other to do it with your boss standing right in front of you. Palmer's reaction only helps, delivering a highly sarcastic "feel better" in air quotes.
Episode 6: Guilty
- Oliver taking out Ted Grant by sticking an arrow in a boxing glove and shooting it into his face. Rather more cartoony than the show usually gets, but in isolation like this it works perfectly.
- Back in Hong Kong, Oliver reveals his vast knowledge of spycraft:
Maseo: Have you ever heard of steganography?
Oliver: Is that the dinosaur with the plates on its back?
Episode 7: Draw Back Your Bow
- Felicity walks in on Ray Palmer practicing on a salmon ladder in his office (shirtless) and realizes that she Has a Type.
- It gets funnier when you realize what that type is: intense, moral men who do do shirtless salmon ladders in their place of business.
- Cupid takes a mob boss prisoner, and escapes from Oliver while he saves the criminal. The gangster then says "Never thought I'd be happy to see you." Oliver, peeved, responds by knocking him out.
- Oliver offers to go out to find Tatsu's husband, leading to this.
In this part of the city that is a very effective way to get killed. Be my guest.
- Oliver and his laundry (which he can't do, because he doesn't know how to). Especially at the end, when it comes back as a Brick Joke.
Episode 8: The Brave & The Bold
- Barry on the salmon ladder. At super speed. With Caitlyn and Felicity both being awestruck and Distracted by the Sexy.
- Followed by Cisco struggling to do a single pull-up
- Barry after finishing: "I don't see what's so hard about it."
- Roy complaining about Cisco geeking out over everything in the Foundry, only to change his opinion on their guests after Cisco notes that Roy's costume is much cooler than Ollie's, and that red's better than green anyway.
- Cisco terms Arrow headquarters the "Arrow Cave," which quickly catches on much to Oliver's chagrin.
Cisco: We want to see the Arrowcave.
Felicity: We don't call it that. Ever.
[one scene later]
Roy: Since when did we start selling admission to the Arrowcave?
Oliver: It's n— [points accusingly at Felicity] You see what you've done?
- Felicity's response is to just stare at him while flicking her earring.
- Apparently Starling City has much more loose paper lying around than Central City, causing some problems with the Flash in town.
- Barry nonchalantly outing himself to Lyla.
Caitlyn: Hey! Secret identity!
Barry: They're married!
Lyla and Diggle: We're not married!
Barry: Or together... whatever. He told her about me.
Diggle: [shakes head]
Barry: You didn't?
Diggle: I keep secrets for a living, man.
Barry: Ah. My bad...
Lyla: [awestruck] You're... you're...
Barry: The Flash. [holds out plate] Sushi?
- And then while Oliver pulls Barry away from the group to lecture him, Caitlyn has to restrain Cisco from taking a picture of the two of them.
- Barry twice tying up a whole room of bad guys by the time Oliver gets there. The second time he misses one, and sputters that he knew about the guy after Oliver takes him out.
- Oliver meeting Captain Lance for the first time since "The Calm" & calling him "Detective" before verbally back-pedalling, since that is what the Arrow calls Lance.
- Felicity explains that the salmon ladder is for "distracting me." And she notes that Oliver uses it every Wednesday.
- Then Barry uses it with Super Speed, going up and down the bars in rapid succession.
- Then Cisco tries to use it, claiming it doesn't look hard, and fails to do even one normal pull up.
- Felicity's cheerful grin when Lyla realizes Felicity has hacked a top secret ARGUS spy satellite for Team Arrow's use.
- Barry and Oliver discuss the next time they might team up.
Oliver: For the next time you're in town.
Barry: There'll be a next time?
Oliver: I'm still calling the shots.
Barry: We'll talk about that.
Oliver: Yes we will. And then I'll call the shots.
- Oliver is the one who insists on a rematch.
- Barry reassures Oliver that he can inspire people. As Oliver Queen, not the Arrow, because that guy's a douche.
- Lyla asks what's up with "Speedy" when she sees Oliver and Barry aren't on good terms. Oliver automatically assumes she's talking about Roy, which would be nothing except that Roy has been very determined to insist he not be called "Speedy" the last time Oliver used it to refer to him, meaning that Oliver has somewhat appropriated Thea's old nickname for Roy.
- Cisco meeting Thea:
Cisco: So who's that hottie?
Roy: My ex-girlfriend.
Felicity: [same time] Oliver's sister.
Cisco: So, stay away is what you're saying?
Episode 9: The Climb
- Ray lets Felicity in on his Atom project, saying it will let him save the city...and he wants her to help him; thus making him the third Superhero to use her as a Secret Keeper. She just moans "Why does this keep happening to me?"
- The complete "what the actual fuck" look on the Arrow's face when Thea jumps out the window. The whole fight is quite amusing, because Arrow has no problems blocking all the attacks, he's just dumbstruck. But what absolutely makes this hilarious is recalling that this wasn't the first time the Arrow tried to confront a suspicious family member only for it to backfire in his face: last time his mother ended up shooting him out of fear!
- In the flashback, Maseo explains to Oliver about a drug that can make people extremely suggestible.
Oliver: You mean like, mind control? ...really, that's a thing?
- In an extremely dark way, all the buildup given to Oliver facing Ras Al'Ghul, the conflict between Thou Shalt Not Kill and fighting for survival which turns out to completely moot because Ras massively outclasses him and kicks his ass without breaking a sweat.
Episode 10: Left Behind
- Diggle's attempt to pose as the Arrow. He complains the suit is too tight, then proves to be a horrible shot with a bow and arrow. It's so bad, even the crooks he is trying to shoot at complain about his poor skill.
Diggle: I'm more of a Glock man.
Roy: I didn't say anything.
- Ray's response to Felicity telling him how nuts his Atom idea is: "You make it sound like using an advanced exoskeleton to fight crime and save the city is a Looney Tune idea." Aided quite a bit by Brandon Routh's bone dry delivery.
- Before that, Ray tries to use his suit to blow up clown punching bags. The reason? He's scared of clowns.
- Diggle running out of ammo for his pistol and Danny's insistence that he gets another one.
Diggle: I'm out!
Danny: [after knocking Diggle to the ground] Here! [kicks pistol to him] Use mine!
- When Team Arrow first finds Merlyn in the Arrowcave. Their exchange is priceless:
[Diggle pulls his gun]
Merlyn: Can you please put that away? Guns are less of a threat than an annoyance to me.
[Diggle pulls a second gun. Merlyn puts his hands up.]
Episode 11: Midnight City
- Felicty asking to borrow Ray's helicopter. She states that she is a great pilot, and only needs the keys. Ray tells her helicopters don't need keys. Later she returns to tell him that she brought the helicopter back in one piece and that his helicopter does in fact use keys for the ignition.
- It's not exactly played for laughs, but it's quite fun how after the rousing final scene of the last episode where Laurel takes over as the Canary, it turns out she absolutely sucks at it, not having much fighting skill beyond "swing a metal stick really hard." In particular, her jumping down to a van roof and then almost sliding off it as she fails to stick the landing.
- Laurel threatening the mook she stabbed with her heel by reminding him she still has another one.
Episode 12: Uprising
- Lance knowing who Arsenal is, in less then 3 seconds. It's how Roy tries to deny it, but knows he isn't fooling Lance.
- And when he first hears the name: "Are you just pulling these out of a hat now?"
- Brick loves to deride the costumed heroes pitted against him ("If it isn't my favorite trick-or-treaters!"); during the climactic battle, he manages to fend them off and escape down an alley, only to run into Merlyn in his Dark Archer outfit. Brick yells out an exasperated "REALLY?!" in response.
Episode 13: Canaries
- When Oliver and Roy pull a Big Damn Heroes, saving Laurel from Vertigo and having survived a bomb, Werner's response? Running away while yelling, "You should be dead! I ADMIRE YOUR PERSISTENCE!"
Episode 14: The Return
- Oliver's very first impression of Felicity, as she lectures herself about talking to herself.
- Maseo's Lampshade Hanging on Oliver thinking a hood is a good disguise.
Episode 15: Nanda Parbat
- As Team Arrow is pointing out that he should think twice about going to face Ra's again because last time he died, Oliver just has a bewildered look on his face like "What? How is that a good reason?"
- Felicity valiantly trying (and failing) to ignore Ray's shirtless emergence from the bathroom.
- Felicity's devious locking out of Ray from the computer with the password "password".
- In a meta kind of way, Laurel's remark that they're crossing a line by holding Nyssa prisoner. Cue laughter from fans of The Flash.
Felicity: Are you kidding? Oliver has a secret island prison.
Felicity: ...should I not have mentioned that?
Episode 16: The Offer
- Upon finding out that there's a criminal with his mouth sewn shut, Felicity mutters "That actually happens? Why didn't I ever try that?"
- Nyssa shows up at the end, offering Laurel a friendly dinner and someone to talk to. In other words, the kind of things normal people do. Laurel looks like a deer caught in headlights for most of the conversation.
- Nyssa's behavior is pretty funny, too. She's clearly unused to casual, friendly conversation that doesn't have anything to do with the League, and her attempts to compliment Laurel's fighting prowess are positively Adorkable.
- Malcolm lying on the couch smiling as he eavesdrops on Oliver and Thea discussing the various ways Thea has considered him dying.
Episode 17: Suicidal Tendencies
- Cupid transfers her attraction to Deadshot after he takes a bullet for her, leaving him wishing it had killed him.
- After Felicity tells the others about Ray:
Roy: Ray built a supersuit? That's kind of awesome.
Oliver: [Disapproving Look]
Roy: ...and reckless.
- Felicity's first attempt to convince Ray that the Arrow isn't the one killing people.
Felicity: He hasn't killed anyone in nearly two years.
Ray: That really is not your best argument.
- John Diggle meets Ray Palmer for the first time and gives him some advice about Felicity.
Diggle: If you hurt her, they'll never find your body.
- Oliver and Ray meet after they find out the other knows their secret.
Ray: ...I prefer the Atom.
Episode 18: Public Enemy
- Felicity's mother comes back to Starling. The look on Felicity's face screams "just when I thought this couldn't get any worse."
- This exchange:
Donna: If your father were here—
Felicity: He'd be arrested on the spot.
- Donna attempting Distracted by the Sexy on the doctor to no avail.
- Donna's rambling reaction when she thinks Felicity and Ray had "hospital sex".
- This exchange:
- Felicity hoping Oliver has some brilliant plan to walk scot-free:
Oliver: I don't even have a regular plan.
- When Ray is thanking Felicity for saving him (by injecting him with his nanotech):
Felicity: All I did was stick something in you. [beat] You think there'll ever be a day where everything I say isn't some weird double-entendre?
Ray: I hope not.
Episode 19: Broken Arrow
- When Ray finds out he is going to team up with Oliver, he becomes a giddy idiot like Cisco, and even wants to highfive Oliver.
- Oliver's constant exasperation and eye-rolls at Ray's giddiness.
Ray: This team up is going great!
Oliver: Stop calling it a team up.
- Oliver wonders if Felicity gets as worried as she is about Ray when he himself is out in the field.
Felicity: I honestly can't think of an answer to that question that doesn't get me in trouble.
Diggle: [pointedly shakes head at Oliver]
- After one too many adorkable comments from Ray, Oliver points out the similarity to Felicity.
Oliver: There's a decent chance that you and Palmer are related.
Felicity: [Disapproving Look]
- Doubly funny if you watch The Flash (2014), as Caitlin made a similar remark about them.
- Ray, when looking for the metahuman in an abandoned warehouse, he asks how many abandoned warehouses there are in Starling City. He genuinely wants to know.
- Ray flees to P-Tech after being thoroughly beaten and narrowly escaping death. Oliver points it out.
Ray: It wasn't that bad, was it?
Diggle: It was way worse, Ray.
- Cisco's cameo at the end. He and Ray high-five each other when they both name another meta-human yet again. Then Ray asks how the meta-humans get fed and relieve themselves. He clearly hasn't read Cisco's blog yet.
Episode 20: The Fallen
- Felicity thanks Oliver for letting her be there for him. He wonders if he even had a choice in the matter. He didn't.
- Tatsu holds a soldier at sword point and tries to force him to talk with it at his throat. He won't talk. She moves it lower to his chest and he still won't. Then she aims it at his groin. He sings like a canary.
Episode 21: Al Sah-Him
- Diggle is talking about his interception of some criminals, and Felicity brings up a point:
Felicity: If you're going to keep going out into the field, we should really design you some sort of—Diggle: Do not say "costume."Felicity: Okay. [air quotes] "Identity concealment."
- When Laurel takes Nyssa out for burgers and fries:
Nyssa: I've never understood your country's need to deep-fry everything...this is more oil than potato!
- And then she approves of a fry dipped in a chocolate shake.
- Thea checks out Team Arrow's new digs:
Felicity: How did you get in here?Thea: My dad's a supervillain and you left your doors unlocked.
- Felicity has stopped giving all craps about her deception abilities (or lack thereof).
- John arrives home right before a family dinner with Lyla, their daughter, Felicity, and Thea after he was out on a patrol, and this incredibly casual (and appropriate for this family) exchange occurs:
Lyla: John, what's the house rule?John: No Glocks on the dinner table.
Episode 22: This Is Your Sword
- Ray gets Felicity to sign some "corporate stuff" before she leaves for Nanda Parbat. She doesn't see that the front page proclaims a transfer of ownership of Palmer Technologies to her. The kicker is that signing corporate papers without giving their contents even a cursory glance is exactly why Oliver lost the same company about a year ago.
- During the attack on Nanda Parbat, a mook takes out Felicity's tablet with an arrow. She wheels around, throwing the tablet with pin-point accuracy, and hits him in the neck. He falls over, she smiles in triumph... and sees Malcolm's arrow sticking out of his back.
Felicity: Oh. That makes more sense.
- When Team Arrow regroups at Diggle's house Dig thanks the girls for coming in through the back door. "With Sara and Lyla gone the last thing I need is the neighbors talking."
Laurel: Especially about some strange woman dressed in all black leather.
Episode 23: My Name Is Oliver Queen
- Barry taking out the League members, the whole thing is hilarously one-sided since they don't stand a chance againt him.
- Barry sees the Lazarus Pit, the key to immortality, quite possibly the most valuable thing on the planet... and thinks it's a hot tub. And thinks it's cool.
Barry: You guys have a hot tub? Nice.
- When Barry shows up to save everyone, Felicity calls him by name, forgetting that not everyone knows him.
Barry: Thank you, Felicity, you just outed my secret identity to a supervillain. [to Malcolm] No offense.
Malcolm: None taken.
- Possibly also a bit of Self-Deprecation at how absurdly casual Barry is about revealing his identity by the end of just his first season.
- Malcolm's reaction to Oliver suggesting that they capture Damien Darhk and use him as collateral against Ra's:
Malcolm: That is remarkably ruthless and cold-blooded. [Beat] I approve.
- Felicity gets a few digs in at the fact that Nyssa and Oliver are married.
Felicity: Nyssa looks happy. You two on your honeymoon?
- Or at the end, as they're driving along the coast.
Felicity: So where are we going? I'm thinking a state that can annul a Nanda Parbat marriage.
- Felicity notes that "Damien Darhk" is obviously an alias. It's not.
- After Felicity saves Oliver...
Felicity: (wearing the ATOM suit) If I could figure out how to get this thing off, I would be kissing you right now.
- Nyssa is insufferably pleased that the only reason Oliver survived getting shot was because he was wearing League armor.
- "My father doesn't frequent hotels" The line isn't that funny on its own. But Katrina Law's snarky delivery of it is hilarious.
- As Diggle is leaving the team for a while, Oliver suggests that if he continues fighting, he'll need some kind of "identity concealment." Just like Felicity did a few episodes back.
- This has to deserve a mention. Note: They all have surprisingly good singing voices. It was filmed in the mixed bathrooms.
- And this too.
- But this tops it off. Not only is Barrowman's singing really...special, but this was filmed in the "green room" and we can see Colton Haynes taking a leak! In the presence of Barrowman, Willa Holland and Emily Bett Rickards. Who filmed everything.
- Colin Donnell's girlfriend, Zelda Williams, made a gallows-humor tribute to Tommy's death.
- Colin Donnell's parody of "Someone To Watch Over Me" at the Arrow Christmas party is gold.
- Oh, dear, the Season One bloopers. From fart noises being dubbed into a date between Thea and Roy to Stephen and Katie falling off the bed during a steamy make-out session, but one scene that sticks out is Barrowman breaking out his Scottish accent, completely out of the blue.
- John Barrowman's one condition for accepting his role.
- The cross promo for The Flash. Oliver attempts to shoot at a target from far away only for Barry to suddenly come up long behind him and catch it mere seconds before it hits.
- And to make it better, Oliver then primes three arrows at once not ten seconds later. You were saying?
- From the season 2 gag reel, the scene from "Deathstroke" where Slade suits up. After putting on his helmet, he stands there as the epic music blares...before breaking out into a dance number.
- Though a distant second to the "Dancestroke" number, Kevin Alejandro doing a... rather accurate impersonation of a politician is still pretty funny.
- And of course, the fact that the producers still put in gratuitous Fanservice shots, even if this year everyone gets something to please them, and one of those shots deserve to be there, since they show Caity Lotz failing Sally the Salmon Ladder.
- Caity Lotz in general in the gag reel; that girl falls over a lot.
- The tweets after "The Climb" aired.
- Stephen Amell's Easter tweet takes an awesome yet unexpected twist.
- After the tragedy of Deadshot's death, Stephen Amell tributes him the only way he knows how. Doubles as heartwarming.
- From Katrina Law's Instagram after "Al Sah-him" aired.