Salario: Why, I am sure, if he forfeit, thou wilt not take his flesh: what's that good for?
Shylock: To bait fish withal.A threat intended to make someone sexually uncomfortable; more often than not, a character threatens (sometimes subtly) to castrate someone. Compare Groin Attack.
open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- In an anime-only episode of Bleach showcasing the backstory of Harribel and her fraccion, Apache threatens to bite the crotch off of a hollow after causing it to flee.
- In the manga, Senshumaru tells Renji to cooperate with her or she'll cut off "little Renji" if he doesn't.
- In the Mai-Otome manga Natsuki says that if the public finds out "Mashiro" is actually a boy pretending to be the princess, in addition to banishment they'll also cut his penis off.
- In the manga version of Berserk, as part of his Insult Friendly Fire, Guts replies to General Adon's threats of capturing Casca and making her his troop's Sex Slave by warning him that she would "bite it right off". Casca elbows Guts in the back of the head.
- In Akame ga Kill!, Chelsea catches Tatsumi attempting to peep at her bathing. She says she'll forgive him, but if he ever tries it again, she'll snip it off.
- Ange in Cross Ange threatens Tusk with this when she bites a mushroom so violently that he cringed.
- During the opening scene of the Sin City story "The Big Fat Kill," Dwight McCarthy, having dropped in on an asshole by the name of Jackie-Boy who's been abusing his ex, issues this vicious threat:
Dwight: You ever so much as talk to Shellie again — you even think her name — and I'll cut you in ways that'll make you useless to a woman.
- In Ronman The Barbarian (a Kim Possible fanfic in a Conan the Barbarian-esque setting), Ronman was sold as a slave to Bonya at one point. She threatens to have him castrated if he does anything to get her mad.
- In Never Betray a Fox Sirius threatens to castrate Fred and George if they go further than kissing with Harry.
- In Came Out of the Darkness Narcissa Malfoy threatens Harry after he and Hermione initiate their soul bond by kissing after the Second Task.
Narcissa: If you get her pregnant before you wed her, I will remove your manhood with a rusty spoon.
- Fatal Instinct. In the backstory, Max Shady threatened to cut off his lawyer Ned Ravine's penis after Ravine lost Shady's case.
- Men in Black: "I want you on the next transport off this rock or I'm going to shoot you where it don't grow back."
- In the sequel, we get this exchange: "You got kids?" "No." "You want 'em?" between an MIB guard and Frank the Pug.
- In The Three Musketeers (1993) when Cardinal Richelieu starts making advances on Lady DeWinter she pulls a knife and holds it to his crotch. Richelieu warns that he can have her executed with "a snap of [his] fingers" to which she replies, "And with a flick of my wrist I could change your religion"; he backs off.
- Fight Club. The threat to cut off someone's balls happens a few times. This is, after all, a movie about men who are deeply insecure about their masculinity.
- 9 to 5. Finally losing her temper at her Bad Boss, Doralee (Dolly Parton) threatens to "get that gun of mine, and turn you from a rooster to a hen in one shot!"
- A Clockwork Orange. Mr. Deltoid, a truancy officer, grabs protagonist Alex's crotch while warning him of the dangers of his skipping school.
- However, his extremely creepy actions throughout this scene suggest he did this more because he's a pervert than because he was trying to frighten Alex.
- And who can forget The Big Lebowski and the three German nihilists who corner the Dude in his Candlelit Bath and threaten to cut off his "johnson?"
- Happens very darkly in the backstory of Frances Dolarhyde in Red Dragon. His abusive grandmother would threaten to "cut it off" just for wetting the bed.
- Sergeant Mullins in The Heat is fond of playing False Roulette with a gun aimed at the interrogatee's groin.
- In Transporter 2, Lola holds a gun to Frank's groin and comments that she hates kids, but if he ever plans on having any, he'll cooperate. He reluctantly does.
- In The Man with the Golden Gun, James Bond interrogates a man by pointing a gun at his groin and saying, "Speak now or forever hold your piece."
- Hoffa (1992). An Intrepid Reporter is looking into the corrupt activities of the Teamsters Union, so Hoffa's men hack the testicles off a corpse in the morgue and send it to the reporter in a jar of formaldehyde. He decides to stop his investigation.
- In This Is the End, Danny McBride has A Date with Rosie Palms using one of James Franco's Penthouse magazines, leading to a long, ridiculous argument between the two. At the end, James threatens to shoot off Danny's dick if he sees it again and Danny retorts that he doesn't have enough bullets.
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom heavily implied this once happened to the protagonist on a previous adventure:
Chattar Lal: Dr Jones, wasn't it the Sultan of Madagascar who threatened to cut off your head if you ever returned to his country?Indiana Jones: No, it wasn't my head.Chattar Lal: Then your hands, perhaps?Indiana Jones: No, it wasn't my hands. It was my...[looks down at his groin]Indiana Jones: My misunderstanding.
- Kopps: How Agneta makes Göran to tell her and Benny that Jacob and Lasse forced him to steal something in the local supermarket.
Göran: No, I will say nothing.Agneta: Shall we pierce the ball sack, Göran?
- In the famous You Make Me Sic scene from Monty Python's Life of Brian, the irascible Grammar Nazi Roman centurion threatens Brian with this if he doesn't write out the correct grammar a hundred times.
If it's not done by sunrise, I'll cut your balls off.
- Unsurprisingly, the Discworld has a few examples:
- Cohen the Barbarian's explanation of psychological warfare in Interesting Times: "It's where you bang your shield all night before the fight so's the enemy can't get any sleep and you sing, 'We're gonna cut yer tonkers off!' and stuff like that."
- In The Fifth Elephant, Commander Vimes corners a suspect who tells him to "look down" at the knife he's holding to Vimes' stomach. Vimes' reply? "Look down further."
- In Yellow Blue Tibia, the protagonist is threatened by a cop, who is using a tape recorder to record everything but the threats, and who goes on and on about cutting that off and, while any hospital can transfuse blood, "there is no hospital in the world that can transfuse you a new set of balls!" The protagonist (inwardly) chuckles at this one-note attempt at intimidation, made worse when the cop realizes he's been recording only the threats.
- In Elizabeth Vaughan's Epic of Palins series, particularly White Star, the mage Marlon is fond of threatening to make people's balls rot off.
- In both A Song of Ice and Fire and the TV series Grand Master Pycelle finds himself on the receiving end of a threat from a mountain clansman to cut off his "manhood" and feed it to a goat. Turns out this refers to his beard, and when he makes good on it Pycelle is sufficiently traumatized but probably glad it wasn't what he thought. Likewise Tyrion's Crowning Moment of Awesome is when he threatens to geld King Joffrey after one too many Kick the Dog moments aimed at Sansa Stark.
- During pre-battle negotiations, a mercenary commander lewdly boasts of being a Biggus Dickus, and threatens to rape Queen Daenerys after they win. The fifteen year-old queen calmly replies that she'll have her soldiers geld him so she can examine his cock at her leisure.
- Brienne of Tarth when Ser Hyle Hunt offers to slip into her room at night and make a woman out of an Action Girl. "Do that and you'll be a eunuch when you leave."
- When Depraved Dwarf Bonobo keeps trying to grope her before their play, Mercy threatens to tear off his Gag Penis and use it to Dope Slap him.
- The Terror. When Dr Goodsir refuses to help mutineer Cornelius Hickey dissect a man so they can eat him, or participate in their cannibalism, he has various appendages cut off. Despite repeated threats to castrate him however, Goodsir suspects that Hickey is too clever to do so, as the shock would likely kill him, and he's their only doctor.
- African Revenge by Andrew McCoy. The protagonist is convinced to go on a risky but potentially profitable crocodile hunt because if he doesn't pay his gambling debts, he won't need a jockstrap the next time he plays football.
Live Action TV
- On The Big Bang Theory, when a large internet bully won't give Sheldon his things back, Penny hunts him down and says (cheerfully), "I've got good news. Today's the day a girl is finally going to touch you in your little special place!" Then she kicks him in the balls.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer. In "Hells Bells" Buffy gets hit on by Xander's drunken father.
Mr. Harris: Hey, what do you say we slip in the back room and I show you my—Buffy: You finish that sentence and I guarantee you won't have anything to show.
"Spike, every time you show up like this, you risk all your parts."
- In "Into the Woods", Buffy isn't happy when she wakes up in her bedroom to find Spike standing over her.
- Game of Thrones:
- In "The Climb" Ygritte tells her lover Jon Snow that if he ever betrays her, she will chop off his cock and wear it on a necklace.
- Played for Laughs when Shagga warns Tyrion that Shagga will cut off his manhood if he betrays the hill tribes. Tyrion is familiar enough with the threat to interrupt him and complete the phrase "...and feed it to the goats, yes". Later in King's Landing, Tyrion tells Timett to cut off Pycelle's manhood and feed it to the goats. Timett protests that there are no goats, so Tyrion tells him to "make do."
- Theon's captor provides a rare example of actually carrying through on such a threat in "The Bear and the Maiden Fair".
- Played Straight when Tyrion threatens Joffrey with this to stop him harassing Sansa in "Second Sons".
- Odyssey 5. Hedonistic scientist Kurt Mendel has an attack of paranoia and is convinced that his friends are Synthetics (artificial humans). His former lover, Angela Perry, gets Kurt to swallow the medicine that will cure him by pointing a Beretta 9mm at his testicles.
Angela: I will do it, Kurt!
Kurt: Oh God, even as a Synthetic, you're a ballbuster...
- Person of Interest In the episode "In Extremis", the Victim of the Week has discovered he was poisoned, so encourages someone to reveal Who Dunnit To Me by firing a few bullets past his feet. He then says that the poison has made his vision increasingly blurred, and starts waving the gun at the man's groin.
- Manager Yamaguchi-san threatened wrestling pornstar Val Venis, on the occasion of Venis making time with Yamaguchi's wife: "I CHOPPY-CHOPPY YOUR PEE-PEE!!"
- The legendary exchange between Salario and Shylock in The Merchant of Venice, quoted above.
- Actually carried through in In Extremis. Poor Abelard.
- During an interrogation during Thane's loyalty mission in Mass Effect 2, a Renegade Shepard can choose to rough up the suspect and wrap things up like so:
Elias Kelham: Are we done here? Because I got people to see.(Shepard slams his/her forearm against the guy's throat)Shepard: I'm done being patient. Give me a name, or I'll cut your balls off and sell them to a krogan! note
- In No More Heroes, Sylvia says to Travis: "If I ever hear you mumble another woman's name in your sleep, you'll wake up the next morning with your joystick missing."
- A well-known part in Final Fantasy VII where Cloud, Tifa and Aeris threaten the resident pimp Don Corneo while likewise interrogating him by telling him they'll "cut", "rip" and "smash them" in turn.
- In The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, you can come across a note in the Ragged Flagon in which Vex threatens to cut off Delvin Mallory's "most valuable asset" if she ever catches him trying to spy on her bathing in the lake again.
- One level in Far Cry 3 has Vaas offer a tidy sum to whichever Mook brings him Jason's scrotum.
- Berthold the Wolf from The Last Days Of FOXHOUND frequently makes more-or-less subtle threats to bite off other character's dicks if they don't do as they're told. (Since the only female member of the team is his mistress, Sniper Wolf, it's a convenient sort of threat.) At one point, Liquid comments on how often he uses that specific threat, and he basically just shrugs and goes "Hey, it works..."
- Mr. Welch "can't make anyone Jewish with a called shot".
- ...and feed them to the pigeons.
- Ultra Fast Pony. In the first episode, Applejack apparently mistakes Twilight for a stallion, because she threatens, "Don't even think about telling the law! I'll cut your nuts off!"
- Hellsing Ultimate Abridged:
- Integra: "You're going to spill every single thing you know or I'm going to have Walter here peel your dick like a banana!"
- In X-Men: Evolution, Rogue catches Spyke videotaping her without her permission. She tells him that, if she sees herself in his video when he presents it to their class, "They're going to call [him] Spyke-less."
- On The Boondocks, in Granddad's tale of "The Story of Catcher Freeman", after the other slaves trick Masta Colonel into condensing his efforts at intimidation onto solely his Butt Monkey house slave Tobias, Masta Colonel states that if their work isn't done when he next comes out, "I'm cutting both [Tobias'] balls off."
- In another episode, Riley enlists Ed III's help in getting back a chain a bully stole from him. Ed hangs the kid upside down, and places two grapes in front of him. He tells him to imagine that the grapes are his testicles, right before he smashes them with a sledgehammer. Ed threatens to do the same to him if he doesn't give back the chain. Ed being Ed, it turns out he got the wrong kid. Even though Riley gave him a picture.
- In the Archer episode "Placebo Effect", Archer threatens to slide a knife into a terrified pharmacist's urethra unless he gives him information regarding Irish mobsters selling fake chemo drugs. Needless to say, he spills the beans so fast that Archer can barely keep up.
- In Freaknik: The Musical, Jesse Jackson really wants to cut Freaknik's nuts off.
- A bizarre train-equivalent example occurs in Thomas the Tank Engine where Sir Topham Hatt threatens to "cut Duncan down to size" if he acts up again. It's shown that he's referring to Duncan's rather long funnel, and Duncan immediately behaves upon hearing said threat.
- In The Simpsons, Bart tries to avoid getting beaten up in a juvie by hanging on the fence separating the girl and boy side of the yard, but that just leads the leader of a girl's gang to threatened him with a "very uneventful puberty".
- Batman: Under the Red Hood. The Joker is babbling away as usual while the Red Hood is giving his Motive Rant, so he threatens the Joker with his pistol.
Red Hood: You be as quiet as possible, or I'll put one in your lap first.Joker: Party pooper. No cake for you.