Katee Sackhoff (born 1980) is an American actress from Oregon. She came to prominence for her critically acclaimed performance as Lt. Kara "Starbuck" Thrace on Battlestar Galactica (2003), and since then has been a regular and welcome face in film and television, particularly genre works in which she's something of a superstar.
- 2002 Halloween: Resurrection as Jen
- 2007 White Noise: The Light as Sherry Clarke
- 2011 Batman: Year One as Det. Sarah Essen
- 2013 Sexy Evil Genius as Nikki Franklyn
- 2013 Riddick as Dahl
- 2014 Oculus as Marie Russell
- 2000-2001 The Fearing Mind as Lenore Fearing
- 2001-2002 The Education Of Max Bickford as Nell Bickford
- 2003-2009 Battle Star Galactica 2003 as Kara "Starbuck" Thrace
- 2007 Bionic Woman as Sarah Corvus
- 2007-2014 Robot Chicken as Various
- 2009 Nip/Tuck as Dr. Theodora "Teddy" Rowe
- 2009, 2010 The Big Bang Theory as Katee Sackhoff
- 2010 24 as Dana Walsh
- 2010-2011 CSI Crime Scene Investigation as Det. Frankie Reed
- 2012-2013 Star Wars: The Clone Wars as Bo-Katan
- 2012-2014 Longmire as Victoria "Vic" Moretti
- 2016-Present Star Wars Rebels as Bo-Katan
Video Game Roles
- 2007 Halo 3 as Female Marine 3
- 2008 Resistance 2 as Cassie Aklin
- 2011 Spider-Man: Edge of Time as Black Cat 2099
- 2015 Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 as Sarah Hall
Tropes pertaining to or associated with Katee Sackhoff
- Adam Westing: Pokes fun at her BSG role in two appearances As Herself in The Big Bang Theory, where the characters are acknowledged fans. The kicker, she isn't actually there but just an imaginary construct by the Casanova Wannabe Howard.
- Enforced Method Acting: She confessed to being genuinely terrified during a particularly intense scene in Battlestar Galactica with Edward James Olmos; Olmos, a dedicated and powerful actor who often improvises on set, scared the hell out of her.
- Gender Flip: She was the subject of one of the more controversial Gender Flips when she took on the role of Starbuck in the Battlestar Galactica remake. Purists were outraged and even the original Starbuck actor went into a rage over the decision. Her performance, however, won over even the most ardent critics.
- The Lad-ette: A few of her roles are this, most notably Starbuck.
- One of Us: Aside from being a Geek Goddess in genre television, she's also a fan."I was addicted to the original "Star Trek" when I was growing up, because of my dad. We grew up in St. Helens, Oregon and we weren't allowed to watch a lot of TV. I don't think we even had more than three channels, so it was basically watch Dynasty (1981) with my mom, watch Star Trek (1966) with my dad, or watch the mating rituals of beavers on OPB [Oregon Public Broadcasting]. So my brother and I watched "Star Trek"."
- Star-Making Role: Her role as Starbuck garnered critical acclaim and opened many doors for her.