After the film Retcons
certain events that happened at the end of Halloween H20, Halloween: Resurrection
picks up on Michael Myers who now lives a quiet life in a system of tunnels beneath his old home in Haddonfield, Illinois. However, his domestic peace ends up shattered as the house becomes the basis for an Internet reality show called "Dangertainment", where a group of teenagers get roped into spending a night in it, and those who manage to stay the whole night end up with a nice prize for their trouble — all while the Internet watches.
Needless to say, Michael doesn't like this one bit.
This marks the final film of the original franchise
as started by Halloween
; Rob Zombie rebooted the franchise in 2007 with a remake of the first film
Halloween: Resurrection contains examples of the following tropes:
- Acoustic License: Sara is in a college classroom in the beginning. When the professor asks a question, and she answers, her voice is barely higher than a whisper, yet the professor hears her clearly and responds.
- And Starring: There are two "and" credits — one for Tyra Banks and one for Jamie Lee Curtis.
- Artistic License - Physics: Katee Sackhoff's death. Michael decapitates her in one stroke with a one-foot-long kitchen knife. There are cartoons that don't make a mockery of physics as bad as that.
- The Bad Guy Wins: At the beginning, Michael finally manages to kill Laurie.
- Battle Amongst the Flames: In the climax.
- Black Dude Dies First: Averted. One black character makes it to the end and those who don't aren't the first to be killed.
- Dead Star Walking: Jamie Lee Curtis as Laurie.
- Even Evil Has Standards: At the conclusion of the prologue, Michael, after killing Laurie goes to give his knife back to the patient that he took it from. When he does so, he hands it to him with the "safe" end first. That's right, kids. Even a psychotic, inhumane serial killer/mass murderer knows (a) the importance of returning something that you borrowed, and (b) the proper way to hand someone a sharp object.
- Evil Overlooker: The poster◊ does this with Michael Myers' Black Eyes of Evil looming over the frightened-looking protagonists.
- Final Girl: Sara Moyer.
- Flipping the Bird: Donna flips off Jim when he comments on her legs.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: Freddie tries to bring Michael Myers down with his fists.
- Groin Attack: Freddie electrocutes Michael in the groin.
- The Hero Dies: Laurie herself at the beginning.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Rudy's impalement to a door with three knives.
- Loony Fan: Harold, a mental patient with intense knowledge of Serial Killers.
- The Man They Couldn't Hang
- Murder by Mistake: Laurie seemingly killed Michael by chopping his head off with an axe in H20, but it is revealed that she actually killed a paramedic whose larynx Michael had crushed before knocking him out and switching clothes with him.
- Off with His Head!: The deaths of both an asylum guard and Jenna (the latter being decapitated with a single swing of a regular kitchen knife).
- See You in Hell: Laurie's last words.
- Shoot the Shaggy Dog: Myers finally kills Laurie along with several Red Shirt characters, and he's still Not Quite Dead at the end.
- Stock Subtitle
- Sudden Sequel Death Syndrome: Laurie herself in the opening.
- Waking Up at the Morgue: Done in the ending, complete with Eye Awaken.