Characters: WWE Tag Teams
Lists the notable WWE Tag Team
wrestlers throughout WWWF, WWF, and WWE
. Please limit associated tropes to that wrestler's time in the WWE.
open/close all folders
Teams from the WWWF Era (1963-1984)
The Blackjacks - 1975
Blackjack Mulligan (Robert Deroy Windham) 1971, 1975, 1982, 19851987
Blackjack Lanza (John "Jack" Lanza) 1975
Graham and Tyler - 1971
Luke Graham (James Grady Johnson) 19641965,19661969,19711972,1978
Tarzan Tyler (Camille Tourville) 19651966,19711972
Moondog King (Edward J. "Ed" White) 19801981
Moondog Rex (Randy Colley) 1980-1987
Moondog Spot (Larry Booker) 19811985
Parisi and Cerdan 1975-1976
Tony Parisi (Antonio Pugliese) 19661969,19751976,1982,1985
Louis Cerdan (Louis Gino Acocella) 19641969,19751976,1982
The Valiant Brothers - 1974-1975, 1978-1980
Jimmy Valiant (James Harold Fanning) 1971-1972, 1973-1975, 1979
Johnny Valiant (Thomas Sullivan) 1969-1970, 1974-1975, 1979, 1985-1987
Jerry Valiant (John Steele Hill) 1979, 1984-1985
The Wild Samoans - 1980, 1982-1984
Afa (Arthur "Afa" Anoa'i) 1979-1980, 1982-1984, 1992-1995
Sika (Leati "Sika" Anoa'i) 1979-1980, 1982-1984, 1986-1988
Teams from the Rock 'N' Wrestling Era (1984-1993)
The Brain Busters - 1988-1989
Arn Anderson (Martin Anthony Lunde) 1988-1989, 2002-
Tully Blanchard (Tully Arthur Blanchard) 1988-1989, 2006
The Bushwhackers - 1988-1996, 2001
Bushwhacker Luke Williams (Brian Wickens) 1988-1996, 2001
Bushwhacker Butch Miller (Robert Miller) 1988-1996, 2001
Ax (Bill Eadie) 1973, 1983-1984, 1986-1990
Smash I (Randy Colley) 1980-1987
Smash II (Barry Darsow) 1987-1993, 2001, 2007
Crush (Brian Keith Adams) 1990-1995, 1996-1997, 2001
- Breakup Breakout: Crush, who became an upper mid-carder with the company and eventually creating his own stable, the Disciples of Apocalypse, a wrestling biker gang.
- Catch Phrase: Smash (II): "We're gonna kick your stinkin' teeth in!"
- Evil Debt Collector/Wrestling Doesn't Pay: After Demoltion broke up Smash (II) became Repo Man, a repo man in a bandit mask.
- Expy: Of The Road Warriors with a hint of KISS.
- Stealth Pun: When the Road Warrior finally signed with the WWF, Demolition accused them of being immitators.
- Gang of Hats
- I Have Many Names: Barry Darsow, and how. Apart from his stint as Smash, he competed under his real name, as Krusher Khrushchev, as The Repo Man, as truck driver The Blacktop Bully, and under a golfing gimmick as "Mr. Hole-in-One".
- Bill Eadie, to a lesser extent. He portrayed minor characters like Bolo Mongol and Super Machine, but he's notable for having two completely distinct characters which were perhaps equally famous in their respective eras: Demolition Ax and, preceding that, The Masked Superstar◊.
- Randy Colley also went by Moondog Rex.
- Averted with Brian Adams. Though he competed under other names (most notably his own name at the beginning and end of his career), his WWE career is notable for his having portrayed five distinct gimmicks (Demolition member; neon-wearing Hawaiian good guy; dark-purple-wearing, face-painting bad guy; ex-convict enforcer for the Nation of Domination; and bikergang leader), all named Crush.
- The Other Darrin: Barry Darsow replacing Randy Colley as Smash.
- The Pete Best: Randy Colley as Smash.
- Ironic since Colley came up with the gimmick.
- Power Stable: When Crush became a member.
- Underwear of Power
The Funks - 1985-1987
Terry Funk (Terrence Funk) 1972-1973, 1985-1986, 1997-1998, 2006
Dory "Hoss" Funk (Dory Ernest Funk, Jr.) 1986,1996, 1998-1999, 2006
Jimmy Jack Funk (Ferrin Charles Barr, Jr.) 1985-1987
- Badass Grandpa / Cool Old Guy / Ring Oldies: Terry, who is still wrestling, well into his 60s.
- Chainsaw GOOD: Terry Funk as Chainsaw Charlie
- Garbage Wrestler: Terry especially in the 1990s.
- I Have Many Names: Dory just went by "Hoss Funk" at first, then by his real name in the 1996 Royal Rumble, Terry briefly used "Chainsaw Charlie" when teaming up with Cactus Jack (Jack would lampshade this in a promo, saying, "If a legend like Terry Funk wants to run around with pantyhose on his head calling himself Chainsaw Charlie, that's his business!").
- Red Baron: Terry's nickname during his first WWF stint in 1985-1986 was "Terrible".
- Underwear of Power
- Unrelated Brothers: Jimmy Jack to Terry and Hoss.
- Wrestling Family: Obviously Terry and Dory, but Ferrin (Jimmy Jack) is the son to wrestler and promoter, Sandy Barr and older brother to WCW and AAA wrestler Art Barr.
Hawk (Michael James Hegstrand) 1990-1992, 1997-1999, 2003
Animal (Joseph Aaron "Joe" Laurinaitis) 1990-1992, 1997-1999, 2003, 2005-2006
Puke / Droz (Darren Drozdov) 1998-1999
Heidenreich (Jon Heidenreich) 2003-2006
Brian Knobbs (Brian Yandrisovitz) 19901993
Jerry Sags (Jerry Sagonovich) 19901993
The Natural Disasters - 1991-1993
Typhoon (Fred Ottman) 19891993, 1994, 2001
The Orient Express - 1990-1992
Sato (佐藤 昭雄, Sato Akio) 19901991, 1995
Tanaka (Pat Tanaka) 19901992, 1993-1994
Kato (Thomas "Tom" Boric) 19901993
- Arm Cannon: Kato as Max Moon
- Cool Mask: Both of Boric's aliases Kato and Max Moon.
- Fake Nationality: Sato is the only member who is Japanese. Kato is actually Caucasian-American (hence why he has to wear the mask), while Tanaka is Hawaiian.
- Foreign Wrestling Heel
- I Have Many Names: Kato also goes by Max Moon for a short time in 1992-1993.
- Sato was the manager Shinja for the wrestler, Hakushi.
Power and Glory - 1990-1991
Hercules (Raymond Fernandez) 1985-1992
Paul Roma (Paul Centopani) 1985-1991
Teams from the New Generation Era (1993-1997)
The Steiner Brothers - 19921994
Rick Steiner (Robert Rechsteiner) 19921994
Scott Steiner (Scott Carl Rechsteiner) 19921994, 20022004
The Headbangers - 1996-1999, 2000
Mosh (Charles "Chaz" Warrington) 19962001
Thrasher (Glenn Ruth) 19911993, 19962000
The Heavenly Bodies - 1993-1995
Tom Prichard (Thomas Prichard) 1993-2004
Jimmy Del Ray (David Ferrier) 1993-1995
Tekno Team 2000 - 1995-1996
Troy (Erik Watts) 1995-1996
Travis (Chad Fortune) 1995-1996
Well Dunn - 1993-1995
Timothy Well (Timothy Smith) 1993-1995
Steven Dunn (Steve Doll)) 1993-1995
- Camp Gay: Wore bowties and thongs with their singlets.
Teams from the Attitude Era (1997-2001)
Bubba Ray Dudley (Mark S. LoMonaco) 1999-2005
D-Von Dudley (Devon E. Hughes) 1999-2005
The New Age Outlaws - 1997-2000
"The Road Dogg" Jesse James (Brian Gerard "B.G." James) 1994-2001, 2011-
"Bad Ass" Billy Gunn (Monty "Kip" Sopp) 1993-2004, 2012-
- Badass Crew
- Badass Mustache: Billy Gunn, from 1993 to 1995, when he was in the Smoking Gunns.
- Breakup Breakout: Billy who wins one more Hardcore title, two more Tag Team titles (with Chuck Palumbo) and lasts two more years after the Road Dogg's gone. Also applies to him and Bart Gunn as well.
- Camp Straight: Billy Gunn
- Catch Phrase: "YOUR ASS BETTER CAAAAAAAAALLLL SOMEBODY!"
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder:
- Roadie revealing that he, not Jeff Jarrett, had "sung" "With My Baby Tonight"
- The team formed after Flash Funk had defeated Rockabilly on Shotgun Saturday Night and the renamed Road Dogg had convinced Rockabilly to leave the Honky Tonk Man and team with him. Rockabilly agreed, nailing HTM with his guitar.
- Do It Yourself Theme Tune: "Oh, you didn't know?"
- Nice Hat: Both of them, when Billy was in the Smoking Gunns, and when Dogg was "The Real Double J" Jesse James.
- Odd Couple: One was a showman-esque wrestler and member of an illustrious wrestling family who wore street clothes to the ring and had a voice of velvet. The other had an unrelated brother who is a power wrestler who wore just wrestling shorts and boots and had average mic skills.
- Red Baron: The Road Dogg had "Roadie", "The Real Double J", and "Road Dogg", Billy had "Rockabilly", "Bad Ass", "Mr. Ass", and "The One"
- Underwear of Power: Billy Gunn.
- Unrelated Brothers: Billy Gunn with Bart Gunn.
- Wrestling Doesn't Pay: Before teaming with each other, James was Jeff Jarrett's roadie, and Gunn was a cowboy with his "brother" in The Smoking Guns.
- Wrestling Family: Road Dogg is a member of the Armstrong wrestling family.
Too Much / Too Cool - 1998-2001
Brian Christopher / Grand Master Sexay (Brian Lawler) 19972001, 2004, 2011
Scott Taylor / Scotty 2 Hotty (Scott Ronald Garland) 1991-2007
Teams from the In Vasion (2001)
Palumbo and O'Haire - 2001
Chuck Palumbo (Charles Palumbo) 2001-2004, 2007-2008
Sean O'Haire (Sean Christopher O'Haire) 2001-2003
Teams from the Brand Extension Era (2002-2011)
Basham Brothers - 2003-2005, 2006-2007
Doug Basham (Lyle Douglas "Doug" Basham, Jr.) 2002-2007
Danny Basham (Daniel R. "Danny" Holle) 2003-2007
Cade and Murdoch - 2005-2007
Lance Cade (Lance Kurtis McNaught) 2003-2008
Trevor Murdoch (William Theodore Mueller) 2005-2008
Cryme Tyme - 2006-2007, 2008-2010
JTG (Jason Anthony Paul) 2006-2007, 2008-
Shad Gaspard (Shad Chad Javier Romane Chittick Gaspard) 2006-2007, 2008-2010
Deuce 'n Domino - 2007-2008
Deuce (James William Reiher, Jr.) 2007-2009
Domino (Clifford "Cliff" Compton) 2007-2008
- Alliterative Name: The team name, Sim Snuka, Dice Domino and Domino's real name.
- Cool Car: Their 50s era, red convertible.
- Disco Dan: They were a pair of wrestling...
- I Have Many Names: Their full names in OVW were Deuce Shade and Dice Domino. Deuce also went by Sim Snuka when he joined Legacy.
- Lightning Bruiser
- Unrelated Siblings: Domino and the team's valet Cherry.
- Wrestling Family: Deuce is part of the Anoa'i wrestling family. His father is Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka; his sister Sarona wrestles as "Tamina"; his uncles are the original Wild Samoans and Rikishi; and his cousins wrestle as the Usos.
Jesse and Festus - 20072009
Jesse / Slam Master J (Ray Gordy) 2006-2010
Festus / Luke Gallows (Drew Hankinson) 2006-2010
La R้sistance - 2003-2005
Ren้ Dupree (Ren้ Goguen) 20022007
Sylvain Grenier 20022007
Robert Conway (Robert Thomas "Rob" Conway) 20002007
Paul London (Paul Michael London) 2003-2008
Brian Kendrick (Brian David "Spanky" Kendrick) 2002-2004, 2005-2009
- Badass Beard: London spotted one for a while.
- Badass Longhair: Both of them have it, but would then return to having their hair cut short.
- Book Ends: In the Armageddon match, when the Hardys and London and Kendrick were alone in the ring, only Matt and Paul were standing after they traded blows. More than 20 minutes later on a ladder, Matt and Paul were the ones fighting to get the championship, but with Paul winning.
- Captain Ersatz: They look and act similar to Bill and Ted from Bill And Teds Excellent Adventure, and even dressed up as them for one of the WWE Magazine interviews. Heck, they were even addressed as them note
- Catch Phrase: One of their best known quotes—which was printed on their T-Shirt—was known as "We're here, but we're not all yet there."
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Definitely. Who else goes in the ring with masks, strange struts and joke about wearing fairy costumes and just be plain happy go lucky?
- This was lampshaded by JBL for a while; he kept telling Cole that the kids weren't normal and that they came from Pluto.
- Color-Coded Characters: Their ring-gear had different colors but each represented something during their career.
- Their first outfit was purple which could add to their Red and Blue personalities.
- They soon had separate red and blue outfits, but red was the most significant as it was worn when they won the tag team championship and defended them. Blue was significantly seen when they had their six victories against MNM.
- Their most famous one is their Black (Brian)/White (Paul) ensemble which was worn when they had big shifts in the team. In No Mercy 2006, they gain an ally in Ashley Massaro, and in Armageddon 2006, they had the famous Ladder Match. It was later used up until April 2007 This outfit was even shown in their wrestling action figures for a while.
- The soon had a sky blue/gold ensemble with an improved joker face and another which was purple/green, but they're the least remembered out of the outfits.
- Combination Attack: The two were known to work together very well, double teaming with kicks and tossing each other at their opponents. They also were known for their creativity in the combination attacks. These include:
- Sunset Flip from a Dropsault (Paul would dropsault the opponent as Brian would sunset flip them)
- Brian would do his Sliced Bread #2 and Paul would use Shooting Star Press with Brian as a platform)
- Brian would do his Sliced Bread with Paul underneath his opponent. The elevation added to create a powerbomb.
- Their finishing move, "get well soon". Paul would pass the opponent and enziguri the back of his head while Brian hit a reverse STO
- Comedic Underwear Exposure: Pun aside note these two gave it to MNM just weeks before their Judgement Day clash in 2006.
- Cool Mask: As part of their ring entrance attire that went along with their new costumes. They ranged from Phantom of the Opera masks, purple fencing hoods and harlequin masks. This was lampshaded one time by commentary:
: What is the deal with the masks that London and Kendrick wear?
JBL: Have you seen them without it? They aren't really good looking.
Cole: Yeah, like right now and every week.
JBL: (sarcastically) Ooh, Mr. Smarty.
- They even had a entrance video with a floating mask and masks being part of the video.
- Dynamic Entry: They based their entrance on the Warlord's dash to the ring. After they do their dash, they then slide into the ring, climb up onto the ring posts, point to each other, back flip and then grasp their hands. Once they got their masks, they remove them and pose for the fans.
- When Ashley was with them, she would motion the boys to do their back-flip and remove the masks for them.
- Fan Nickname: Londrick (based on their last names). They also have 'Hooliganz' on their boots along with a harlequin face. Unfortunately, the name never caught on.
- Fingerless Gloves: Their ring gear had these type of gloves with question marks on them.
- Fragile Speedster: London and Kendrick are pretty fast, but they can't take a lot of hits.
- For a time, London used the Shooting Star Press to finish off opponents. One could only imagine the pain he'd be in if he botched it.
- Heterosexual Life Partners: They both trained together in Shawn Michaels' Texas Wrestling Academy, fought as a team (They only fought one on one four times), their entrance has them pointing to each other before back flipping before grabbing hands, and they like hugging each other a lot.
- Spell My Name with a "The": The Brian Kendrick.
- Kid Appeal Character
- Long Runner: They have the fourth longest reign as Tag Team Champions.
- Man in White/The Men in Black: One of their most famous outfits with Brian wearing black and Paul wearing white.
- Motif: A main trend for London and Kendrick were them being rebels, pranksters and jokers. Their outfits had harlequin faces and fleur-de-lis on them, they were known wearing masks, were very happy-go-lucky and crazy, and once pantsed an opposing team.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Every now and then, Brian was shown to wear pink leg warmers. They've also been known to have two sets of ring gear that's purple. Oh, and they pretty much can bowl over most guys with suicide dives.
- During their time with Ashley, Ashley was dressed as a fairy for a Trick or Treat Divas Battle Royal. Paul jokes around that Ashley 'stole his costume' and that was the costume he was going to wear for Halloween (for those who want a description, the costume has a black corset and has purple fairy wings)
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: It was hard to tell but Paul was more Red while Brian was more Blue.
- Rescue Romance: Not necessarily romance, but London and Kendrick first became a team in WWE when Brian (known as Spanky back then) saved London from becoming Brock Lesnar's personal punching bag. Of course Brock pummeled Brian for being in the way, but it brought them together.
- Show With In A Show: More like "video within a video", their 2nd Entrance Video (the one with the masks) shows a floating masks and then zooms out to show the two rushing into the ring.
- Two Guys and a Girl: For a while, they were the team of London, Kendrick and Ashley with Ashley considered as their manager/friend/love interest. Then it got dropped.
- White Dude, Black Dude: Subverted with the black as Paul is actually Mexican.
The Spirit Squad 2006
Kenny (Kenneth Lionel Doane) 2006-2008
Johnny (John "Johnny" Jeter) 2006
Mitch (Nicholas Cole "Nick" Mitchell) 2006
Nicky (Nicholas Theodore "Nick" Nemeth) 2005, 2006, 2008-
Mikey (Michael "Mike" S. Brendli) 2006
The Usos - 2010-
Jey Uso (Joshua Fatu) 2010-
Jimmy Uso (Jonathan Fatu) 2010-
- Arch-Enemy: The Hart Dynasty.
- The Artifact: For a while, they were the only real serious Tag Team in WWE.
- Ass Kicks You: They both use running corner hip splashes in homage to their father.
- Badass Longhair
- Chef of Iron: They are the good cooks who happen to be wrestlers variety, and once offered to show anyone who wanted to know how they barbeque chicken and other dishes.
- Cool Big Sis: Although she was referred to in passing as their 'cousin' at the time of their partnership, Tamina played this role to the Usos during the early parts of their WWE career.
- Dance Battler: Well, they dance before they battle and when they no sell.
- Department of Redundancy Department: "Uso" means "brother". Which is why the official name was shortened to just "the Usos" after they got called up to the main roster.
- Generation Xerox: Averted. While they did adopt a couple of moves in homage to their father, Rikishi, neither brother is anywhere near as big, and a close examination of their movesets reveals that they actually owe more of their wrestling style to Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Tamina berates then on NXT for using some non PG Samoan, in reference to her then boyfriend JTG.
- Green-Eyed Monster: With Tamina toward the Hart Dynasty. They felt their families weren't respected by the fans the way the Harts are and attacked the Dynasty during their Raw debut.
- Hard Head
- I Have the High Ground
- Playing with Fire: For a pair of bit players that don't get a lot of screen time, their entrance and accompanying pyro is awesome.
- Say My Name: The crowd will do this when they are off a face turn.
- Screaming Warrior
- Tag Team Twins Subverted at first, where they noted not long after their WWE debut that the fans probably could not tell them apart but that would change. Later played a straight in an attempt to turn around a losing streak on the Super Stars.
- Wild Samoan: Subverted, "from the start they claimed not to be your stereotypical Samoans" They don't dress the part, and the few aspects they do use, such as performing Polynesian wardances, are used to both intimidate their opponents and pay homage to their Samoan heritage.
- Wrestling Family: Members of the large Anoa'i family, specifically the sons of Rikishi, and the nephews of Umaga and Tonga Kid. If you were to count the Anoa'i family's "blood brothers", you could throw the Maivia family (and therefore one [[Dwayne Johnson Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson) in there as well.
Charlie Haas (Charles "Charlie" Doyle Haas II) 2002-2005, 2006-2010
Shelton Benjamin (Shelton James Benjamin) 2000-2010
- Bald of Awesome: Shelton, but only after...
- Black Best Friend: Shelton to Charlie in Real Life.
- Breakup Breakout: When Haas and Benjamin were forced apart, they both did well initially, but Shelton did better.
- Demoted to Extra: Charlie, once Shelton started his mega-push.
- Ditto Fighter: In his singles career, Charlie has mimicked the styles of other wrestlers and public domain characters. Even Great Khali, despite being two feet shorter!
- Finishing Move:
- Hot Dad: Haas
- It Runs in the Family: Charlie's younger brother Russ died in 2001, but he's still motivated to be a world tag team champion.
- Jack of All Stats: All American Collegian Folk style Wrestler, All American Track And Field, good brawler...
- Jerk Jock: Haas as a Heel.
- Le Parkour: Haas has flashes of this, but it's mainly Shelton.
- Momma's Boy: "Quiet Shelton! Grown people are talking!"
- Odd Couple: Hass with Rico Constantiano in 2004.
- Smug Snake: Benjamin as a Heel.
- Underwear of Power
- Unknown Rival: After the 2008 Olympics some tabloid referred to Michael Phelps as the gold standard, Shelton was not pleased.
- Wrestling Family: Haas is married to former WWE Diva Jackie Gayda.
Teams from the WWE, Inc. Era (2011-Present)
Primo and Epico - 2011-
Primo (Edwin "Eddie" Carlos Col๓n) 2008-
Epico (Orlando Col๓n) 2011-
- Annoying Older Sibling: How Primo views his brother Carlito.
- Backstabber: Their Finishing Move.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: They were complaining about not getting enough TV time as Champs. The next match they had on TV was the one where they lost the belts.
- Expy: The Colons, obviously. They just switched out Carlito for Epico and added Rosa as a valet.
- Foreign Wrestling Heel: Averted. Even as heels, they're heels that happen to be Puerto Rican, not because they're Puerto Rican. And now they're faces, so this trope no longer applies.
- Four is Death: When the team of Epico, Primo, & Rosa originally formed, they shot straight to the top of the revived tag team division, winning the tag titles in short order. However, they later lost the titles, and once they were signed to AW's agency in an attempt to regain their mojo (making their stable number four members), things only went downhill from there.
- Meaningful Name: Didn't make much sense when he was teaming with Carlito, but "Primo" is Spanish for "cousin", so in the way the name of their team reads: "Epico & Cousin." Oh, and Rosa.
- Nerds Are Sexy: Primo was once in a relationship with uber-nerd AJ Lee.
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: Subverted. Won the Tag Team Championships at a live event, but the replay was shown on the following televised show, explaining what had happened.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: Epico & Primo won the titles when they did and the way they did (see Offscreen Moment of Awesome above) because Evan Bourne (who was one half of the champions along with Kofi Kingston) got suspended for a second Wellness Violation. Ironically, they would later lose the titles back to Kofi, who found a new partner in R-Truth, who had just returned from a Wellness Vacation stemming from the exact same incident where Evan Bourne got busted.
- Sibling Team: Despite annoying him, teaming with his brother was a dream of Primo's and they were the first Unified Tag Team Champions.
- Sibling Triangle: Primo and Carlito to Brie Bella.
- Spicy Latina: Ever since beginning to manage Epico & Primo, Rosa's been playing this up for all it's worth.
- Two Guys and a Girl: With Rosa Mendes.
- Villain Team Up: Epico was with Hunico at first. He's now tagging with his cousin Primo.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Epico and Primo lost their championships to Kofi Kingston and R-Truth. In almost all cases where a competitor drops a title, they have a rematch clause. They're still yet to invoke it even several weeks later. This was later brought up at No Way Out; AW allowed their rematch clause to expire with him never telling them to use the clause, presumably on purpose, as later that night during a Four Way Match for the #1 contendership to the tag team titles he turned on Epico and Primo to side with the Primetime Players (Titus O'Neil and Darren Young).
- Wrestling Family: The two are Real Life cousins from one of the well known Mexican wrestling families - also add Carlos, Jr. (Primo's brother, known as Carlito in the WWE), Carlos Sr. (Carlito and Primo's father) as well.
Titus O'Neil (Thaddeus Michael Bullard) 2010-
Darren Young (Fred Rosser) 2010-
- Afro Asskicker/Funny Afro: Darren Young.
- Animal Motifs: Titus was a Q, which is apparently where his barks come from.
- Bald of Awesome/Bald of Evil: Titus's plate is particularly shiny.
- The Brute: Titus, most definitely.
- Bullying a Dragon: "Big Zeke ain't got not cuts! Big Zeke ain't got no cuts! He's big, he's strong, but he ain't got no cuts!"
- Catch Phrase: "Millions of dollars!"
- Demoted to Extra: Darren was part of The Nexus, main-evented SummerSlam 2010, but was kicked out of The Nexus when he failed to win a match in order to stay in the group, and promptly disappear from TV. He then showed up on NXT season 5, and lasted there for over a year, before he was moved to Smackdown with Titus.
- Even Evil Has Standards: They may be heels, but they've done some decent things, like helping Mae Young when she was giving birth, breaking up a brawl between John Cena and Dolph Ziggler, and joining the fight for Santa after Alberto Del Rio ran him over.
- Expy: Their antics bear a resemblance to Edge and Christian.
- Face Heel Turn: Titus after he had enough of the neverending season 5 and his pro Hornswoggle.
- Heel Face Revolving Door: Darren Young, he was a face on NXT season 1, turn heel with The Nexus, had a face turn after leaving, then turned heel again during the fifth season of NXT.
- Happy Dance
- Hey, It's That Guy!: O'Neil was a participant in NXT Season 2. Young was from season 1 and a member of the original Nexus. (Of course, much like Skip Sheffield/Ryback, his tenure was so short that it's not even brought up.)
- Identical Stranger: Two different cases. Young, mainly because of his build and facial features, manages to look like a black version of John Cena. O'Neil bears more than a passing resemblance to WWE's Guyanese strongman, Ezekiel Jackson. This was of course lampshaded during a YouTube Q&A vid.
- Large Ham: Titus.
- Love Triangle: Thanks to Tamina, but it did not break up the team.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Even before they switched to a rather glaring hot pink, most of their trunks since their team-up have been really bright colors.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Titus and Darren both consider themselves to be worth "Millions of dollars."
- Something Completely Different: The revived tag division consists mostly of high flyers and other smaller, quicker types. Out of this pair, however, Darren Young's just a hair (perhaps literally) under 240. And he's easily the smaller of the two.
- Villain Team Up: Titus and Darren with Abraham Washington. Titus tried to get his friend Percy Watson to turn as well, but to no avail.
Other Notable Tag Team Wrestlers
The WWWF Era (1963-1984)
Chief Jay Strongbow (Joseph Luke Scarpa) 19701977, 19791984, 19931994
Dominic DeNucci 1967-1972, 1974-1982
Ivan Putski (Josef Bednarski) 19761987
Mikel Scicluna 19651970, 1972, 19751983
Mr. Saito/Masa Saito (斎藤 昌典, Saitō Masanori) 19811984
Spiros Arion (Andres Labrakis) 1966-1975, 1977-1978
Tony Garea (Anthony Garcia) 1972-
Toru Tanaka (Charles "Charlie" J. Kalani, Jr.) 19671968,19691970,19711974,19771978
The Rock 'N' Wrestling Era (1984-1993)
Dynamite Kid (Thomas "Tom" Billington) 1984-1988
Marty Jannetty (Frederick Marty Jannetty) 1987, 1988-1992, 1992-1994, 1995-1996, 2005-2007, 2009
- The Bus Came Back: Every year and a half or so after WCW folded. He's usually on the wrong end of a match involving someone with a grudge against Shawn Michaels or a young superstar with a push or winning streak.
- Butt Monkey: Naming the least successful person of a Tag Team after they break up as the Jannetty.
- The Jannetty: Unofficial Trope Namer. To Shawn Michaels, and one of the most famous wrestling examples of the trope.
- Ring Oldies: Pushing 50 and still wrestling, and he's not half bad.
- What Could Have Been: He could have been as popular as HBK, but he sabotaged his own career with his drug use.
Raymond "Ray" Rougeau 1985-2002
The New Generation Era (1993-1997)
Bart Gunn (Michal Burton "Mike" Polchlopek, Jr.) 1993-1999, 2007
The Attitude Era (1997-2001)
Bull Buchanan (Barry Buchanan) 1997-2001, 2002-2003, 2011
The Brand Extension Era (2002-2011)
Curt Hawkins (Brian Myers) 2007-
- Cane Fu
- The Janetty: Seems like this so far for Zack Ryder.
- Green-Eyed Monster: He's grown very bitter and very jealous of Zack's success as of late.
- Odd Friendship: With the Rock, of all people, outside of wrestling. Yes, a rarely seen on TV jobber and one of the biggest stars (and current Hollywood star) in wrestling history. Presumably it stems from Hawkins helping Rock shake off ring rust for his comeback.
- Put on a Bus: Currently out due to a knee injury.
- Red Baron: "The Party Starter".
- Shout Out: Him and Reks performed a Magic Mike-style routine one week before a match. And they probably would have continued with it, had not Tyler decided to leave WWE, and wrestling all together, so he could be with his family.
- Straight Man: To Zack Ryder just before they split up.
- Those Two Bad Guys: With Zack Ryder, when they were associated with Edge, then with Vance Archer upon his return and with Tyler Reks.
- Underwear of Power
- Unrelated Brothers: With Zack Ryder when they were known as the Major Brothers.
David Hart Smith (Harry Smith) 2007-2008, 2009-2011
Evan Bourne (Matthew Joseph Korklan) 2008-
Joey Mercury (Adam Birch) 20042007, 2010-
Vladimir Kozlov (Olyeg Olyeksandrovich Prudius) 2006, 2008-2011
The WWE, Inc. Era (2011-Present)