A moment when they actually got alongTeam Hell No
was a Tag Team
that consisted of Daniel Bryan
from September 10th, 2012 until July 29th 2013. The team was forced together when then General Manager AJ Lee
ordered them into anger management classes, and later putting them in a match to become the number one contenders for the Tag Team Title, which they won at the 2012 Night of Champions
PPV. After they lost the titles, they decided they wanted to pursue singles gold (the WWE Championship), and split as a team.
I am The Tag Team Tropes!
- Arch-Enemy: The Shield. And, one can argue, each other.
- They ended up being the ones (alongside Randy Orton) who broke the Shield's undefeated streak in 6-man tag team matches.
- Big Guy, Little Guy: Kane and Daniel respectively.
- Cooldown Hug: Whenever they had an argument, it would end with them hugging it out. It was something ordered by their Anger Manager Dr. Shelby.
- Group Hug: Sometimes they got another wrestler in on the action, most hilariously Randy Orton, as seen here.◊ He did not want to be hugged.
- Competitive Balance: Part of what made Team Hell No great was their contrasting styles. The team as a whole is a Lightning Bruiser, with a balance of speed and power. However, break it down and we have...
- Fragile Speedster: Daniel Bryan, the in-ring technician who favors speed and submission holds.
- Mighty Glacier: Kane, the big man who relies on powerful slams and strikes.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Take away the arguments, the anger management skits, Dr. Shelby, and the whole "I AM THE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS" catchphrase: you have two former world champions in Kane, the Big Red Machine and in-ring veteran from the days of the Attitude Era, and Daniel Bryan, one of indy wrestling's brightest stars and a damn good technical wrestler.
- Catchphrase: I am the Tag Team Champions!
- Dumb Is Good: Or cheered anyway, in comparison to "Rhodes Scholars".
- Finishing Move: They only developed it around 2013, with Kane hitting a chokeslam followed by a flying headbutt from Bryan.
- Heel-Face Turn: They were both heels when they started out, but their antics got so over the top that the fans started cheering them; they turned face almost seamlessly and only wrestled against heels.
- Infectious Insanity: For AJ Lee, though actually started with her, Hell No just made it worse, then for Dr. Shelby.
- Large Ham: Which would usually involve…
- The Load: Towards the end of their tenure, Daniel got this in his head that he was the weak link of the team. Kane, as well as Orton, tried to tell him otherwise.
- Named by Democracy: The WWE fans got to chose their Tag Team name, Team Hell No, among Team Friendship and Team Teamwork.
- Pisstake Rap: Daniel Bryan aka B Dazzle and Kane aka Curly Kane put one together but Kane cut it short when it turned out to be a diss on him.
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: I! AM! Tag Team Champions!
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Bryan was the red, while Kane was the blue.
- Straight Man: Kane of all people! Considering all the atrocities that his character's been in...
- Villain Team-Up: Subverted to hell and back... almost literally. They were bitter enemies that were forced to attempt to work out their problems with one another in an anger management program. Then, they were forced to team together... and eventually ended up winning the Tag Team titles. The crowd found their interactions so entertaining that, despite not changing their personalities at all (in fact, they've been simplified and turned up to near-parody levels) they've been receiving cheers like faces and have largely been booked as such (i.e. almost exclusively wrestling heels)
- Vitriolic Best Buds: As a team, they were the epitome of this.
- What Could Have Been: The Anger Management skits which were more or less part of the initial rivalry between Bryan and Kane seemed to be Product Placement for the Anger Management TV series which appeared around that time. To hammer it home, Charlie Sheen was supposed to be part of the feud, antagonizing Bryan and supposedly appearing in Kane's corner for their Summerslam matchup.
No! I am the Tag Team Champions!