Eat My Dust
A Stock Phrase
used in situations involving racing or being chased. Variations swap other words for "dust."
- The Far Side has one strip where the crew of the Santa Maria sail past the Pinta, waving a giant banner reading "EAT OUR WAKE PINTAHEADS".
- In Finding Nemo, Marlin telling Dory "You're about to eat my bubbles!"
- Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, A gazelle mocks Diego after outrunning him.
Gazelle: Eat my dust, dingo!
- National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Clark Griswold: I'm going to pull around them... Burn some dust here. Eat my rubber!
Rusty Griswold: Dad, I think you mean burn rubber and eat my dust.
Clark Griswold: Whatever, Russ.
- Year One: While Cain is trying to flee his father Adam on a slow-moving camel:
Cain: Eat my dust, father!
- This is the title of a Roger Corman film starring Ron Howard, who only agreed to star in it after Corman promised to let him direct a later film.
- In the original London production of Andrew Lloyd Webber's rock musical Starlight Express, after being unable to win the final race, Electra the Electric Train's song "No Comeback" features various ways of saying farewell in different languages. This concludes with "Eat my dust!" The number was cut from subsequent versions of the show.
- Nintendo game Eliminator Boat Duel features character "Vicious Vicky". Right before the second race against her, she says, "We're gonna have a drag [race] and you're gonna eat my wake!"
- One of the lines said by the Scout in Team Fortress 2.
- Sega Genesis game Road Rash 3: When you place poorly in a race, you'll sometimes be treated to another racer telling you, "I was trying to get you to eat my dust, but it settled before you got there."
- One achievement in Ōkami is called "Eat My Flower Trail". Because Amaterasu leaves a trail of plant life when she sprints.