open/close all folders
Judges and Official NPC's
- The host of the tournament and the heart of The Walking City, Paradox is the one who opened the portals that lead most of the contestants to the walking city.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Paradox's red skin.
- Artificial Limbs
- Good Scars, Evil Scars
- Killed Off for Real: The Beast ate him in Round 4.
- Thinking Up Portals: Is able to create green teleportation portals.
- Unwitting Pawn: To Rak'Shasa, who had been using him to conduct tournaments on the city so that she can absorb the souls of the losing contestants.
- A robot who serves Paradox, despite disliking him. Never uses his time-control powers to reverse any damage done to the city caused by the contestants.
- Heroic Sacrifice/Senseless Sacrifice: Died by self destructing in a failed attempt to take the beast with him.
- Healing Hands: Is able to heal others by reversing damage thanks to his Time Master powers.
- Killed Off for Real: Even if there were any other bodies that he could inhabit, he'd never be able to do so now that the Walking City itself went down in a huge explosion.
- Nice Hat
- The Stoic
- Time Master: Never can manipulate time, though he mostly uses this power to undo any damage done to the city and/or contestants.
- Unwitting Pawn: Of Rak'Shasa. As Lariat put it best, "Never dedicated his whole existence to someone as sick and selfish" as her.
- A small golem who seems to have a grudge towards Paradox and Never. His reawakening is bad news for the city.
- Asshole Victim: Is destroyed by The Beast after it absorbs Paradox.
- Killed Off for Real: Unceremoniously offed by The Beast after it absorbs Paradox.
- Magic Music: Able to control sound and music for various uses, from mind-control to stunning ultrasounds.
- Manipulative Bastard: Manipulates quite a number of contestants and characters for his own purpose- to destroy the city.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: The Beast pulls this on him after it absorbs Paradox.
- A creepy-looking creature who serves as a sort of internet connection for those within the city.
- Killed Off for Real: He was the first victim of The Beast
- Telepathy: A living universal communicator that can speak through the mind of those it has met.
The Walking City
- A giant turtle-like construct with a city on its shell. The location where the tournament takes place in.
- Demonic Possession: Is briefly possessed by The Beast.
- Genius Loci: Being a giant walking construct and all.
- Killed Off for Real: Courtesy of Lariat destroying its heart. It explodes into a huge Pillar of Light.
- Turtle Island: Well, more of a turtle Walking City.
- World Tree: Has a giant tree in its center which houses its heart. It's effortlessly cut down by the Beast.
Ira and Raizel
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Both of them. Ira accidentally impales Raizel when he took an attack meant for Lariat. Ira is then impaled by the Beast within Hui's original body, before being eaten.
- Killed Off for Real: In Zeurel's final round, Ira accidentally kills Raizel when he took an attack meant for Lariat. Later, after having fused with Hui's original body, The Beast consumes Ira as well.
- Meaningful Name: Ira means "wrath" in Latin. Ira isn't very happy about the walking city destroying her home and seeks to destroy it out of revenge.
- She Who Fights Monsters: Ira and Raizel want to destroy the walking city for destroying their home when they were younger. While Raizel averts this and tries to make friends with his fellow contestants, Ira teams up with Hui and... Let's just say things don't end well.
Lariat and Triangle
- Amazing Technicolor Population: After Rak' Shasa makes her the new heart of the city to replace Paradox, Lariat's skin turns completely red aside from a portion surrounding her eye that retains its original color.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: Triangle goes crazy and attacks almost everybody around him whenever he sees Lariat seriously wounded. This is how Lariat's father died- raiders attacked Lariat's house and shot her arm, Tri killed them all as well as Lariat's dad in a berserk rage.
- Artificial Limbs: Due to losing her right arm at a young age, she uses a robotic arm that's slightly longer than her normal arm. She also loses her left arm during the tournament, which is replaced by a construct from Rak'Shasa, and another robotic arm in the ending.
- Berserk Button: Triangle goes into full Killer Robot mode if he think that Lariat is dead. He also goes into it after Ira kills Will.
- Beware the Nice Ones: If Triangle thinks that Lariat (or her friends) have died, run. RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!
- He's also the one who manages to save the day, by sucking the beast into him via Wifi connection.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: BOTH of them did. Triangle traps the Beast within him and blows up with it, while Lariat destroys Rak'Shasa and the Walking City itself.
- Famous Last Words:Triangle: ...Thank you Lar. ...Thanks for being an awesome friend.
- Foil: To each other. Lariat's a wild, foul-mouthed Jerk with a Heart of Gold Womanchild, while Triangle is a calm and rational Nice Guy that doesn't swear often but has a rather destructive side inside.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Triangle uses his wifi connection to suck in the Beast (that had taken over the City), then gets Lariat to damage his reactor so he blows up with it.
- Ironic Name: Triangle, the most round character among the contestants.
- Jerkass: Lariat's pretty much a very foul-mouthed, bad tempered Womanchild.
- Killed Off for Real: Triangle, due to performing a Heroic Sacrifice to take down the Beast with him once and for all.
- Kill Screen: A literal example; when Triangle goes berserk, the screen that displays his face not only turns red, it also gains a creepy, demented expression, with the word "KILL" scrolling across his face repeatedly.
- Lady Swears-a-Lot: Lariat swears a lot more than the other contestants. She even swears in front of Snow, who's only a kid!
- Nice Guy: Triangle, in contrast to Lariat. He's calm and in control of his actions.
- Robot Buddy: Triangle. Lariat considers him a very good friend and is very upset after his Heroic Sacrifice.
- Self-Destruct Mechanism: Triangle's power core will become unstable if damaged, and will cause him to blow up if it happens. It's used to take down The Beast along with him.
- Spanner in the Works: If not for Triangle's Wifi being able to suck in and contain the Beast within him, the Beast would have easily won and possibly taken over the multiverse.
- Taking You with Me: Triangle defeats the rampaging Beast by using his Wifi to draw the entirety of the Beast in, then getting Lariat to damage his power core so he blows up along with any traces of the Beast.
- This Is a Drill: Tri can convert his right hand into a drill for combat.
- Womanchild: Lariat acts like a child despite her age. As stated in her bio, she "has the mind of a 12 year old in a 21 year old's body".
- Entries for the semi-finalists should be placed here.
Catharine "Cat" and Princess Snow
- Beware the Nice Ones: When the Cinder Queen has Snow captured and Cat on the ropes, Snow's true powers awaken, manifesting as her late father and melting the evil Queen.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: During Round 2, the Cinder Queen possesses Cat in order to personally kill Snow.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Snow dishes one to the Cinder Queen once her powers fully awaken, pulling a One-Hit Kill bisection on her Wicked Stepmother that utterly melts her.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: Cat.
- Lady Looks Like a Dude: Catherine's short hair makes her look like a man. Paradox even pokes fun at that since he had seen Lias before her.
- Light 'em Up: Cat's Swords appear to be made of light.
- Poison Is Evil: Subverted with Snow, who's a good person at heart despite having poison-based powers.
- Poisonous Person: Whenever her life is in danger, Snow's hereditary poison magic automatically protects her in the form of a non-lethal (Though still poisonous) gas or acidic sweat.
- Purple Eyes: Snow.
- Rightful King Returns: Snow is the rightful heir to the throne. In the end, she succeeds at becoming Queen thanks to the Cinder Queen's demise.
- Spontaneous Weapon Creation: Cat can create blades of light.
- Shout-Out: Snow's real name is White and she also has an Wicked Stepmother of a Queen. Furthermore, her royal family has poison magic. Remember what was inside the apple that made Snow White unconscious?
Lias and Rani
- Daywalking Vampire: Subverted; Lias can walk about freely during the day, but without his inhibitor ring, he's just as vulnerable as any other vampire.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Lias is male, but many characters mistake him for female.
- Friendly Neighborhood Vampire: Introverted and insecure, though still kind and friendly, Lias is about as far from what you'd expect of a vampire.
- Missing Reflection: A variation, Triangle cannot see Lias as Lias is a vampire, and as such wouldn't appear on mirrors or cameras.
- Non-Action Guy: Lias does not like to fight, though he may try to help Rani out in emergencies.
- Our Vampires Are Different: Lias and other vampires from their world are not undead, though his pulse is slower than a human's. His bites also don't turn people into vampires.
Contestants Eliminated in Round 3
- Entries for characters who lost the third round should be placed here.
Cerise Zedia' Ar and Grey M. Veritas
- Both agents of an international agency of military peacekeepers, they were studying an strange energy signature, before being swallowed by the latter and brought on the City.
- Human Aliens: Cerise.
- Killed Off for Real: Both Cerise and Grey were effortlessly killed by the Beast in their attempts to stop it from reaching the heart of the city.
- Playing with Fire: Cerise
- Sacrificial Lion: Both of them are killed by The Beast to show that it's really not playing around anymore, and that the situation has become really grim.
- Does Not Like Men
- Killed Off for Real: In Zeurel's R3 entry, part of the virus infected Kalliope, resulting in it using her body to kill Lariat. This sent Triangle into a grief-stricken rage that resulted in Kalliope's death.
- Playing with Fire: Can breathe fire in a pinch.
- Winged Humanoid
Ocsid and Evoorg
- Gentle Giant: Upon his creation, Evoorg was one of the most powerful destructive of his kind, but after meeting and befriending Ocsid, he became this, not wanting to hurt his little buddy.
- Little People Are Surreal: Despite his short stature, Ocsid is 26.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: Evoorg.
- Mons: Evoorg is basically a combat creature to Oscid.
- Music Soothes the Savage Beast: This is the reason why Oscid is able to take care of Evoorg, as music is what calms him down.
- Sdrawkcab Name: Ocsid and Evoorg's names backwards are "Disco" and "Groove", respectively.
Scarecrow and Little Miss
- Actual Pacifist: Though forced into a couple of fights, Scarecrow dislikes fighting. In fact, by Round 3, He's made it his mission to convince everyone in the city to stop fighting each other.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Little Miss' skin is redder than a normal human's. The flashbacks seem to imply that this is because she was half-devil before she and Scarecrow became who they are today.
- Blow You Away: Scarecrow's magical prowess is limited, so he can't conjure much wind. It's enough to allow him to fly, though
- Making a Splash
- Playing with Fire
Contestants Eliminated/Forfeit in Round 2
- Entries for characters who either lost the second round or forfeit the tournament before the third should be placed here.
Avette and Aero
Dannicus and X
- Put on a Bus: Won the first round, but forfeit before the second round ended.
Har'vintolax "Harvey" Braxxion and Trixie the Tricorn
- Little Green Men: Harvey
- Put on a Bus: Won the first round, but forfeit before the second round ended.
Mara and Kepler
- A hotheaded woman escorting an old peppery fennec magus. Mara improvised herself a mercenary to get away from her routine and clear her head from some nightmares from her past. Kepler is obsessed by the Walking City since he beheld it a few months before organizing his little research expedition, hoping to discover the City's secrets.
Mirasis Novablade and Dingo
Sarah White and Caleb Baxter
Strife Creed and Prototype 7
- Amazing Technicolor Population: The flesh on Prototype 7's arms and legs is blue.
- Cyborg: Of a sort. Prototype 7 is the most recent result of blending biological and mechanical matter together.
- Killed Off for Real: Both were presumably killed when The Beast consumed Hui's original body, as they were not shown to have escaped.
Contestants Eliminated/Forfeit in Round 1
- Entries for characters who either lost the first round or forfeit the tournament before the second should be placed here.
Bells and Schnell
Ben Hudson and Mimi
Cherry Bomb and Amelia Atom
Fuko Rei and Reno Eida
Jasper Sohrab and Xoria
Kalos and Heron, Prince of Isolene
Ping and Zhanshi
Quintessence "Quinn" and Moniq
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Moniq's skin is purple
Spencer "Spook" King and Samuel "Specter" Knight
Token and Airm
- Killed Off for Real: As they were not shown escaping from Hui's original body in Round 5, they were presumably killed when it was consumed by The Beast.
- The Bus Came Back: After being eliminated in the first round, he and X.Javier joined Never's group at some point between Lariat's R3 and R4 entries.
X.Javier and Mixuatl
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Due to being a zombie, X.Javier's skin is teal.
- The Bus Came Back: After being eliminated in the first round, he and Wilbur joined Never's group at some point between Lariat's R3 and R4 entries.
- Our Zombies Are Different: X.Javier may be a zombie, but he doesn't hunger for brains and seems have average intelligence.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: Mixuatl is essentially this, as he cannot control X.Javier's body unless the big guy's unconscious.
- Characters listed here are not official contestants, but nevertheless show up enough to have some impact/relevance to the plot
Atrox (Assigned-Target-Ravenous-Operative-X )
- An Elite monster like Evoorg, Atrox seeks to destroy other monsters blindly. Ocsid and Evoorg came to the walking City to capture it and bring it back home.
- Killed Off for Real: Atrox didn't seem to escape after its initial attempt in Ira's Round 4 entry, so it presumably died when The Beast consumed Hui's original body.
- A parasitic virus that can infect both machinery and living beings alike. Brought to The Walking City by Lariat and Triangle and subsequently released by them on accident, it seeks to consume the heart of the Walking City along with everyone in it.
- The Assimilator: It can consume golems and living creatures while gaining attributes of their forms. It can also turn victims into obedient scouts.
- Big Bad: Becomes the biggest threat in the entire OCT itself.
- Blob Monster: Appears as a gunge that takes various forms.
- Breath Weapon: The infection beam attack is fired from its mouth.
- Combat Tentacles: It can shape tentacles from its mass to impale others.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Delivers one to the army of Midwinter, as well as the team of contestants that tried to destroy it. Seemed to be on the receiving end against Hui's original body... until it's revealed that it did manage to infiltrate inside.
- Dark Is Evil: The infectious parts are black in colour. The rest of it is a rather Sickly Green Glow.
- Eldritch Abomination: Nobody knows how it came about or got into a disc, and its corruptive/assimilation powers are extremely deadly.
- Evil vs. Evil: Among the characters that the Beast fights against are: Hui, Hui's original body, Ira, the Midwinter Army, and Rak'Shasa.
- Healing Factor: A pretty ridiculous one at that. Cut it into half? Smash its head to pieces? A minor setback, as long as it can find something to assimilate. It takes Triangle fully absorbing it via wifi and blowing up his reactor to bring it down for good.
- Hero Killer: Kills a number of contestants ( Mara (she got better thanks to Paradox) Ira, Cerise, Gray) during its rampage. Not even the Judges are safe- in fact, they all lost their lives to it.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Seems to be a favoured form of killing it's prey.
- Irony: It invades the city by escaping through Triangle, and is destroyed after getting forced back inside Triangle.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: It destroys Hui using the powers assimilated from Paradox. It also kills off the corrupted Ira inside Hui's original body.
- Killed Off for Real: Is completely obliterated after being absorbed by Triangle, who explodes in a huge explosion.
- Knight of Cerebus: Things take a much darker turn once it starts doing its work.
- Lack of Empathy: After impaling Cerise, then crushing Gray, it tells the slain Gray to "Stop your screaming. You'll be with her soon enough!"
- Near-Villain Victory: It thwarts the heroes' attempts to blow it up and even succeeds at taking over the Walking City itself and opening portals to other worlds to feed on them. Too bad it didn't count on Triangle sucking him in via wifi connection.
- Not So Different: Pulls this off on the contestants, telling them that just like how they feed on lesser creatures to survive, it does the same too.
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: Takes on a vaguely reptilian form after absorbing enough.
- Too Many Mouths: Can generate extra mouths to feed on more victims.
- Villainous Breakdown: Goes into an anguished rage after Triangle sucks the entirety of him in via Wifi connection.
- The Virus: Infects things via an infection beam and turns them into its servants. It's also a computer virus at the same time.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Due to being part computer virus, Triangle's wifi connection is able to suck the entirety of it in. Yes, the horrifying, assimilating, near-unbeatable virus that took over the Walking City is vulnerable to wifi connection.
- Would Hurt a Child: Is seen (non-fatally) impaling Snow.
The Cinder Queen
- Snow's Stepmother and the current queen of the Midwinter Kingdom, The Cinder Queen wants Snow dead to ensure her claim to the throne. Because of this, Cat brought Snow to the Walking City to escape her powerful magic, but are they truly safe?
- Cool Crown: She wears one due to being the queen. Snow takes it for herself once she's slain.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: On the receiving end against Princess Snow thanks to the latter's powers awakening.
- Decapitated Army: Once she's slain, the rest of her army runs away. But probably not for long thanks to the Walking City exploding.
- Demonic Possession: Pulls this on Cat in her attempt to kill Snow.
- God Save Us from the Queen!: As if trying to murder her own step-daughter wasn't already a red flag.
- Half the Woman She Used to Be/I'm Melting!: Courtesy of Snow's powers fully awakening, manifesting as the late King and vertically bisecting her into two via melting her.
- Karmic Death: Is killed off by the very same person she was planning to murder.
- Killed Off for Real: Thanks to Snow's powers manifesting in the late King and melting her.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Villainous Breakdown: After her attempt to take control of Cat's body fails thanks to Lariat, she decides to invade the walking city itself with her army to find and kill Snow.
- Wicked Stepmother: To Snow.
- Would Hurt a Child: Has no qualms about murdering her late husband's daughter if it means her reign goes unchallenged.
- The heart of the walking city, she is responsible for keeping it alive. Without a host to live through, the Walking City would die.
- A God Am I: Says as much in the final round as Lariat takes her heart back.
- Big-Bad Ensemble: While The Beast becomes the primary villain, Rak'Shasa is also an equally important villain as she's the one behind the entire tournament and its true purpose, as well as manipulating Paradox's and Never's actions.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: She's initially shown as a rather pitiful being who had to be made into the city's core to sustain it, causing Never End much grief as The Lost Lenore, and making Paradox into the man he is to save his life. Then, after the Beast is dead, she reveals that she's been doing this tournament and all for her selfish desires.
- Karmic Death: Killed off by the person that she empowered to carry out her selfish plans.
- Killed Off for Real: Once Lariat realizes what a despicable person Rak'Shasa truly is, she takes her heart back and offs her, resulting in the city's destruction.
- Light Is Not Good
- Load-Bearing Boss: The entire city itself starts exploding after she's killed. Justified as she's the heart of the city.
- Manipulative Bitch: Manipulates the tournament itself (and hence Paradox and Never), as well as Lariat for her own ends.
- Meaningful Name/Names to Run Away from Really Fast: A Rakshasa is a malignant demon from Hindu Mythology. Rak'Shasa herself is quite a malignant bitch.
- Off with Her Head!: Lariat offs her by using her mechanical arm to smack her head off.
- Post-Climax Confrontation: After the Beast is destroyed for real and most of the surviving contestants sent home, Lariat decides to settle things with her.
- Walking Spoiler: The heart of the city being a living being itself is pretty spoileriffic.
Sakai and Asika
- Two pikarokas, people that are studying and using supernatural chili peppers. They end up in the Walking City after eating teleporting ones to escape from vindictive cultivators.Though they didn't pass the auditions, their owner has made a series of spectator entries made from "What if ?" that's sufficiently noteworthy to be quoted here.
Will and Bert
- Two goofy wizards who found a portal to the city in Bert's closet, who had been using it as a trashcan. Despite not being contestants themselves, they still appeared in many of the contestants' entries, making their appearances canonical enough to be listed here.
- Ascended Extras: They didn't even make it past the auditions and were already making cameos in other entries, but then they formed an alliance with Never and Kepler to stop the virus during Lariat's R3 entry.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Will is turquoise and Bert is red.
- Door Stopper: They have a spell book called The Book of Wiz, but as Kepler puts it...Kepler: That's a big book.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Will died trying to protect Lariat and the others from being killed by an attack from Ira.
- Kill the Cutie: Poor Will...
- Nice Hats
- Those Two Guys
- Lariat's replacement for Triangle after his Heroic Sacrifice.
- Good Counterpart: To Hui. Lariat used Hui's design documents to create Oval's AI. Unlike Hui, Oval didn't go evil.
- Pintsized Powerhouse: Despite being tiny, she can do some heavy lifting of objects.
- Replacement Goldfish: For Triangle.
- Robot Buddy: Lariat's new companion robot.
- Theme Naming: Like Triangle before her, she's named after a shape.
- Transforming Mecha: Is able to transform into a backpack for Lariat.
- Walking Spoiler: Is only seen after the final confrontation.