A character page for the Alternate Reality Game The Wall Will Fall. This provides information on the fictional characters that have crossed The Fourth Wall, and all the relevant characters from our side. Characters are listed in the order they were found.
The Administrator of TV Tropes who you may know from Echo Chamber. He informed the players of the collapse of the wall, and has given infrequent updates throughout the ARG.
- His Twitter account. Most of his communication comes through this account.
- His Youtube channel. Be prepared for messages with eerie music playing in the background.
Tropes that apply to Mr. Administrator:
- A Father to His Men: All of his instantiations refer to Administrator Prime as "Father".
- Authority in Name Only: Really, who put him in charge?Mr. Administrator: WE ALSO ARE NAMED MR. ADMINISTRATOR. CLEARLY, WE SHOULD BE AN ADMINISTRATOR.
- A Wizard Did It: Any inconsistencies in his speech may be handwaved with two excuses: "Above my pay grade" and "It was a different instantiation". The puppetmasters acknowledged this, and tried not to abuse the trope.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Literally. At the very end of the ARG, Administrator Prime revealed that HE ACTUALLY BROKE the wall. For Science!
- Buffy Speak: Played for Laughs sometimes.
- Does Not Understand Sarcasm:WackyMeetsPractical: Are you suggesting that there is somebody here who is not being honest with him? #TotallyInnocentMr. Administrator: MAYBE IF MORE OF YOU WERE AS #TOTALLYINNOCENT AS MR. WACKY, WE WOULD BE SENDING MORE CHARACTERS BACK.
- Early Installment Weirdness: It was pointed out that some of his early tweets were not in all-caps.
- Eldritch Abomination: After enough interaction, it becomes apparent that he is very, very much non-human in how he interacts with the Metaguards.
- Exact Words: In one of his videos he addressed the question about the reason for the wall's collapse. His response was "We cannot answer that". In a double subversion, this particular instantiation probably didn't know, but Mr. Administrator was responsible.
- Fan Nickname
- Mr. A: for brevity, as his name gets typed a lot.
- Unsmiler: Originally given by Cheshire Cat. It stuck.
- Mr. Cake: After being denied the title of "Administrator of everything", and having smiled in a Youtube updatenote , his prior nicknames turned out to be a lie (but are still used).
- Mr. A-dorable, an Incredibly Lame Pun based off his sometimes adorable or Adorkable moments.
- Fun Personified: One of his instantiations.Mr. Administrator: THIS INSTANTIATION PERSONALLY LIKES TO PLAY FOOSBALL.
WackyMeetsPractical: Are you any good?
Mr. Administrator: ARE YOU KIDDING, MAN? I'M DA BOMB
- The Giant: Administrator Prime is much, much bigger than all his instantiations. See the Echo Chamber episode "Mind Screw" for evidence.
- Mysterious Employer
- No Social Skills: Much of the frustration he causes stems from his inability to communicate, leading to gems like this.
- Obstructive Bureaucrat: His tendency to release only as much information as he thinks the Metaguards need has driven many of them up the wall.
- Our Nudity Is Different: Revealed here.
- Spoiler: Accidentally had the ending to Citizen Kane ruined for him by the Metaguards.
- Threat Backfire: See this example.WE HAVE SENT THIS EMAIL. FEEL FREE TO USE IT AS A TEMPLATE:DEAR MS. FEY,WE HATE YOU. YOU ARE THE WORST. YOUR VILE DECISIONS SHALL BE PUNISHED. YOUR WICKEDNESS WILL BE MET WITH JUSTICE. YOUR CHOICES WILL RETURN TO HAUNT YOU. YOUR GOLDFISH WILL DIE FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER.WE HATE YOU. WE HATE YOU. WE HATE YOU.
- You Are Number 6: Carried from Echo Chamber. The instantiations are referred to by their numbers (which usually, but not always, may be decoded into Meaningful Names). Radio Void Rebels defy the trope by filing the numbers off and getting names for themselves.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness:Mr. Administrator: WE GET PAID BY OUR EXISTENCE CONTINUING TO BE TOLERATED BY PRIME. ALSO, TASTY FOOD.
- You Need to Get Laid: Was mentioned by the Metaguards at least twice. Coincidentally, all Shippings so far involve him.
While visiting an antique shop in Prague, Average Joe has caught puppets on film who were doing things they weren't supposed to. After that, he became interested in researching unusual unexplained phenomena. He posted several videos on his Youtube channel showing sightings of fictional characters, and that was when he started to receive threatening letters. When the threats became too numerous, he decided to go on the run. His whereabouts are currently unknown, but he manages to keep the tropers updated.
- His Youtube channel. Has all of the Watch The Footage episodes and any other videos Joe has made.
- Joe's website. This is where Joe gives most of his updates through blogs and many players discuss events on the forum.
Tropes that apply to Average Joe:
- Agent Mulder
- Ridiculously Average Guy
- Who Would Want to Watch Us?: In this video, at 2:49 he addresses the idea that he is part of an ARG, saying "Why would someone make a game about me?"
Joe's friend who made the opening titles for the Watch The Footage show and helped set up Joe's website and forum, acting as an admin on the latter until he had a falling out with Joe after the Thanksgiving Day.
Tropes that apply to Edward:
- Ascended Extra: At first he was just the guy who made the WTF intro, but the GMs have decided to give him a bigger role, and eventually he spent even more time in the spotlight as the forum administrator than Joe did.
- Badass Beard: Sported a scraggly beard when he made his first appearance in Joe's videos.
- Deadpan Snarker - On occasion, especially regarding the fact that none of the Metaguards thought to phone up the restaraunt where Joan Lawson lost her notebook, and by the time he acted, the Cabal had already gotten to it first.
- Only Sane Man
- Wild Hair
Dr. Joan Lawson
A therapist in Boston who has been providing updates through her blog. They mostly focus on one particular patient, who is a fictional character. She also has two suspicious polydactyl cats - Carl and Jung. She is now working on the case of Jennifer Cooney AKA Deanna Hackins.
- Minds and Matters blog. The posts provide information on her sessions with the patient and other notable events. Communication is also provided in the comments.
- Her Twitter account. Notifies followers if new blog posts. Also tweets some personal information, including many posts about her polydactyl cats.
Tropes that apply to Joan Lawson:
A waitress at Arby's and an actress wannabe from Seattle. The sister of Bradley Foreman. Now deceased.
Tropes that apply to Tara Coulson:
- Couldn't Find a Pen: She wrote "LOVER" in her blood.
- Dying Clue: The calendar in her video (see below) contained a clue that helped to find Jennifer.
- Killed Off for Real
- Posthumous Narration: Found in this video, released the day after her death.
- Sacrificial Lion
A Japanese girl who somehow stumbled upon Gulliver's blog, continuously berating him under the nickname of Not Your Sayu-chan. She later joined the forum, only to disappear later, because of her mother's disapproval of her internet activities. As impossible as it sounds, she happened to meet him in person in Hawaii (seen at their echo).
Tropes that apply to Sayu-chan:
- Bratty Half-Pint
- Contrived Coincidence: Wondering "What country would have to put up with his idiocy next?" has apparently led Gulliver to where she lived.
- Mama Bear: After one of the tropers has tried to PM her, her mother has received the PM notification, and was quick to jump in with accusations.
Kenneth Tripky (AKA Kenny "Lover" Mann)First Tara's photographer and her (very) Temporary Love Interest. Killed by Deanna.
Tropes that apply to Kenneth Tripky:
- Asshole Victim: The shooter who killed Tara.
Jeffrey HopeAnother Tara's boyfriend, who was recruited by Tripky to harass her after being dumped. Fearing Deanna's retribution, strangled himself to death in jail.
Tropes that apply to Jeffrey Hope:http://fictionalthreat.com, who apparently served as Deanna's inspiration. He renounced her after she killed Tripky and shot Don Quixote. His plan for fixing reality is killing Mr. Administrator.
Tropes that apply to the Conspiracy Theorist:
- Conspiracy Theorist
- Dumbass Has a Point / Properly Paranoid
- Even Evil Has Standards: He called Deanna out when she told him that she shot Don Quixote.
- Fan Nickname: Tinfoil Hat Guy
- Stylistic Suck: As expected of his paranoid ramblings.
Jennifer Cooney (AKA Deanna Hackins)
Tropes that apply to Jennifer Cooney:
- A God Am I: Her goal was to kill Mr. Administrator and take his place, so that she can bring fiction and reality together into one. Unbeknownst to her, this was not actually possible or accurate.
- Big Bad Wannabe: Seriously. Her plan amounted to nothing.
- Criminal Mind Games: She left way too much information on purpose, as her initial plan was a 'test-run'. Her hints included her complete Evil Plan, along with her location, encrypted with a cipher Brad was sure to know.
- Empty Eyes: Braddock mentioned that she had "no light in her eyes". When he met her in Seattle, he said that her eyes didn't have anything in them. Her eyes appear normal now.
- Fan Nickname: Deanna Who, after this exchange.
- Hannibal Lecture: Attempted to give one to Quixote during their final confrontation. Quixote easily countered.
- Heel Realization: After Quixote's Shut Up, Hannibal!, she came to realize that she was the villain. Except she didn't mind.
- I Have No Daughter: When everything was over, her parents told Quixote to refer to her as Deanna Hackins, because Jennifer wouldn't do that.
- Maybe Magic, Maybe Mundane: It is debatable to what extent her story is true, like whether her Imaginary Friends told her about Brad and Miranda's relationship, or she found out herself.
- Omnicidal Maniac
Bradley Foreman (temporarily known as Braddock Foreman)
Tropes that apply to Bradley Foreman:
- Chekhov's Gunman: Initially, he only he was just a man who taught Quixote how to use his phone. Turned out, it was a part of Deanna's plan, which he later helped to stop. He has also recently become Quixote's closest friend.
- Face Palm: When the B&B owners assured Quixote that they accept his and Brad's relationship.
- Mistaken for Gay: Numerous people in-universe have assumed he and Quixote are a couple. This is probably not the case, but he gave up trying to deny it after Don Quixote was seen naked at the waterpark (It Makes Sense in Context).
- Only Sane Man: In Quixote's story at least.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: He wanted to kill Jennifer for what she did to Tara. He even left without Quixote at one point, knowing that he'd try to stop him. He didn't succeed.
- Sequence Breaking: On a meta level. When he posted a picture of him and Tara, a minor discussion was held in the chatroom about photobombed "bunny ears" and the picture in general (it was the first and only picture of Brad, so it was going straight to his chracter sheet). Soon after, Brad made a post with his photo cropped "for those who needed it for whatever reason", without being explicitly asked. When prompted, the GMs pulled an Author's Saving Throw... by making Brad say that he just wanted a picture of himself.
- Your Days Are Numbered: Deanna promised to kill him on his birthday, on 12th November. She failed.
Mary GambleAn elderly woman who was found house-sitting for Jennifer. Later turned out to be her former psychiatrist.
Tropes that apply to Mary Gamble:
- Hollywood Psych: She let Jennifer go just because she was afraid of her, which is exactly why a real therapist wouldn't do that (turned out, she was Not That Kind Of Therapist). The trope was averted, though, as Brad's final post had shown she got in trouble for that. She was also about to get on trial after her capture, but she got off with a fine when Quixote asked the Metaguards to let her have the credit for it.
- Unfazed Everyman: She was not at all surprised by the events. Even Don Quixote was amazed.
James RaikesA young British man who helped both Poirot and Holmes set up their blogs. He also let Holmes stay in his apartment for a while until Holmes was able to get a benefactor to support him. Nephew of Claire Widdicombe.
Tropes that apply to James Raikes:
- Chekhov's Gunman: He seemed a minor character thrown in to explain how Holmes and Poirot have blogs. Then about a month later he resurfaces, having run into Gulliver, and aids monumentally in finding evidence to incriminate Moriarty for murder.
Came from Alice in Wonderland. He is one of the few who openly acknowledges his fictional nature. Occasionally drops cryptic updates, and, more rarely, plot-important riddles.
Tropes that apply to Cheshire Cat:
- Cats Are Snarkers
- Cheshire Cat Grin: Obviously. It even appears in his tweets as an emoticon :D.
- Fan Nickname: Metaneko.
- Fourth-Wall Observer
- Mathematician's Answer: He was once proposed a riddle game in exchange for his location if he loses. He lost, and, true to the deal, said that he was on Earth.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: He began thinking "painfully straight" after Cthulhu's presence was announced, dropping his rhyming and smiling habits.
- Playful Hacker: Whether he used some supernatural powers or a keyboard and his paws was left unsaid, but he had access to a lot of information he wasn't supposed to, going as far as accessing the Cabal's chat.
- Power Born of Madness: He is sufficiently mad to not care.
- Rhymes on a Dime
Hercule Poirot, who has crossed over from the novels of Agatha Christie that include him, such as Murder on the Orient Express, Death on the Nile, The Murder of Roger Ackroyd and Death in the Clouds. He first crossed into London and stayed at a hotel owned by a Mrs Widdecombe under the name of Reynald Saint-Jerome. He began solving cases, one of which crossed over with a case taken on by Sherlock Holmes. He travelled to Paris, where he again became involved in a criminal case. He had a meeting in the Eiffel Tower with Holmes which went... badly. He is currently en route to New York.
- His Wordpress blog, which he unwittingly hijacked from a man called James Raikes, Mrs Widdecombe's nephew.
- His website, where he is advertising his detective services. This was set up by an unnamed 'benefactor'.
Tropes that apply to Hercule Poirot:
- Baleful Polymorph: He did not appreciate the Wicked Witch turning him into a croissant.JE SUIS BELGE!
- Berserk Button: He does not like when his fictional nature is brought up.
- Crazy-Prepared: See Dramatic Unmask.
- Dramatic Unmask: Subverted for Holmes, who tried to unmask him at the ball◊, only to realize that Poirot was wearing a smiling mask under the frowning one. Having tried it again, only to see a third mask, Holmes admits defeat.
- Fish out of Temporal Water
- Gratuitous French: Uses copious French phrases in his otherwise English posts.
- Unwilling Suspension: He was found tied upside down in a broom cupboard in the Denver Art Museum.
The patient that the therapist has been treating. There was an overwhelming amount of evidence pointing to his identity, but it was only officially confirmed when the tropers have broken into the therapist's voice mail. He has been refictionalized successfully.
Tropes that apply to Sweeney Todd:
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking:"Your villainous, idiotic ways have allowed me to suffer these long weeks when all I needed for proof was available on your information networks! Why didnt you tell me my wife lived? LET NOW THIS EFFIGY REAP THE WHIRLWIND YOU HAVE SOWN! Also, can I get an appointment for tomorrow? Yours truly, BB"
- Icy Blue Eyes: in the comic, with a very disturbing stare.
- There Are No Therapists: Subverted. We got wind of his existence in our reality due to his therapist's twitter and blog.
Sherlock Holmes, who crossed from The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes and The Return of Sherlock Holmes. Like Poirot, he found himself in London. He had been staying with a man called James Raikes, who is the nephew of Mrs Widdecombe. For a while he went under the name of Hugh Hefner. He took over James' ezblog and used it to update readers on criminal cases he took on. One of these cases crossed over with that of Hercule Poirot. After pursuing Poirot through London, he followed him to Paris. The two eventually met at the Eiffel Tower. Poirot didn't believe Holmes' claims as to his identity and they parted on bad terms. He spent time in New York before being redirected to Seattle to investigate Don Quixote.
- London Tales. Originally James Raikes' blog before Holmes took over. Provides details on his cases and his interactions with Poirot.
- Holmes website, where he is advertising his detective services. This was set up by an unnamed 'benefactor'.
Tropes that apply to Sherlock Holmes:
- Badass Longcoat: in the comic
- Beam Me Up, Scotty!: Averted, as revealed in his quote.
- Fish out of Temporal Water
- Hoist by His Own Petard: A rare heroic version. When trying to pull off Taking You with Me below, he encountered Long John Silver instead of Moriarty, who refictionalized Holmes.
- Jerk with a Heart of GoldDon Quixote: Holmes is still a bit of a mulehole, or donkeyhole, or whatever the term you people use is, but he is a good man, and his heart is in the right place. I am happy to call him a friend.
- Sure, Let's Go with That: Called "Hugh Hefner" by Raikes, he eventually used it as his fake name.
- Taking You with Me: He planned to lure Moriarty into a trap and make him read a refic that (unknown to Moriarty) would work on them both. As seen above, the trope was subverted.
Don Quixote, the crazy wannabe knight who has come from the book of the same name. He has been living in Seattle, communicating through a smart phone he found on the pavement. He believes he is in our world as part of a "test". When he attempted to read his own book he found it to be blank. It is unconfirmed whether the other characters will find the same with their stories.He spent his recovery days surfing various sites, such as LOLCats. He also got himself a polydactyl cat◊, which he named Queenclaw (totally not a Hitler cat).
Mr. Administrator has revealed his refictionalization deadline as December 11th, and due to his failing health, Quixote is expected to die by December 18th, unless this is successfully done. He's been reficitionalized.
- His twitter account. Occasionally asks his followers questions and provides updates on the chaos he causes.
Tropes that apply to Don Quixote:
- Adorkable: His obsession with Holmes comes off this way.
- Bilingual Bonus: His fake name, Lance Chevalier.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Considering the first thing he did when confronted with a Burger King was go up to the first employee he saw and demand to be proclaimed Knight of Burger... well.
- The Comically Serious
- The Determinator
- Face Your Fears: He has overcome his fear of spiders (below), in part thanks to The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (or more specifically, beating Gohma).
- Fan Boy: Seems to have become one for Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (and was even inspired by it) and Misha Collins.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: Even more so than the others.
- Full-Frontal Assault: Not yet, but after surviving two shots to the chest with no armor, he decided that Armor Is Useless, and promised to fight naked.
- Genius Ditz: He solved a Rubik's cube in a minute , much to Brad's astonishment
- Getting Smilies Painted on Your Soul: After being shot, he got a morphine shot (...no pun intended), and got as happy as hell.
- Heroic BSoD: After Tara's death, complete with a LampshadeHanging from a bystander.
- Heroic Willpower: Always, but it was lampshaded after he went to a roller coaster with a failing heart. By that time, this trope mostly acted as his Plot Armor.
- Horseback Heroism: He stole a police horse to come to Tara's aid on time. A note on the horse's name The trope got subverted, as Quixote Was Too Late.
- I Let Gwen Stacy Die
- Made of Iron: On two separate occasions, he took a bullet to the chest, and survived both times.
- Mistaken for Gay: He was a little too excited excited about calling Brad his hero in the hospital, which led to this trope.
- Precision F-Strike: Delivered an especially awesome one to Jennifer.By the way, Jennifer. In the words of one of my wise and helpful friend, Dryunya go fuck yourself
- Rousing Speech: Gave an optimistic one after learning about Martin Luther King Junior.
- Shut Up, Hannibal!: When he called out Deanna's Hannibal Lecture as being childish.
- Stupid Good: He won't let the fact that it's a suicidal idea stop him from doing the right thing.
- Take That!: He refused to look at This Very Wiki, saying that Deanna's example shows that its users become mindless monsters.
- The Last Dance: After learning the truth about his terminal illness, he escaped from the hospital with Brad's help, and spent his last days doing all awesome things imaginable, most of which either involved his old fears, or were generally dangerous.
- Translation Convention: He thinks that everyone around speaks Spanish.
- Took a Level in Badass: here.
- We Have to Get the Bullet Out: After being shot, he plucked the bullet out with his bare hands. Reality Ensued, and it caused severe complications.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: As impossible as it seems, he is scared of spiders. Has overcome it.
- Also, motorized vehicles. Has overcome it.
- Your Days Are Numbered: Brad has revealed to Don that his limited life expectancy is until about December 18th, due to his repeated chest wounds. This is one week after his December 11th Refictionalization deadline.
The Wicked Witch of the West
The West Witch, who landed in Kansas, from The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. She intends to run for President, whom she calls 'Wizard'. To this end she has hired three players as a campaign manager and two assistants. It is clear, though, that she is frustrated both with this world and her situation.
- The Witch's blog. Provides updates on her campaign and posts about her view of our world.
Tropes that apply to the Witch:
- Black and White Morality: She was not pleased when she realized this world does not work like that.
- Cry for the Devil: Reading her blog quickly makes one feel sorry for her. See also Villainous BSoD.
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs: She summoned one, then ate it.
- Fish out of Water: Even though she adapted to the technology and some other aspects, she didn't feel she belonged in this world, as the relationships between good and evil are absolutely not fun here.
- For the Evulz:Wicked Witch: Where Im from, its fun to be evil.
- Mad Scientist: She become on these temporarily attempting to create wormholes as part of her research for finding her way home.
- Personal Rain Cloud: Seen on her comic book page. She apparently summoned it herself, as she was down at the time (which is pretty baffling, given her Weaksauce Weakness).
- Take Over the World: Her intent, via a presidential campaign.
- Villainous BSoD: She had one after getting mocked in a bank where she attempted to raise funds for her Evil Plan. It's even at her comic page. After that she made it clear that she wanted back to Oz.
Long John Silver
Long John Silver, who has come from Treasure Island. He was washed up in Australia after a shipwreck, where he teamed up with Gulliver. They stayed at a pirate-themed restaurant for a while, before stowing away on a cargo ship to Japan. The ship was caught in a storm and the two of them were thrown overboard by the waves. They managed to row the rest of the way to Japan, and are now in Tokyo.
- Long John Silver's Twitter, providing updates on their exploits.
Tropes that apply to Long John Silver:
- Fan Nickname: LJS, for obvious reasons.
- FaceHeel Turn: It has been implied that he has joined the Cabal to get revenge for the Metaguards tricking him into refictionalizing Gulliver.
- I Need a Freaking Drink: Twice. First when he found out about his fictional nature, and later when Gulliver was refictionalized unexpectedly (for him).
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Was shown to be this in his echo.
- Message in a Bottle: LJS first contacted us through this means of communication while lost at sea.
- Talk Like a Pirate
- The Pirate Who Doesn't Do Anything: While lack of plundering ships is easily explained, he isn't seen in any other explicitly criminal activity. This was subverted later, when he confessed that "people were losing things around him".
- Wild Card: He didn't get to shine as that (yet), but it became obvious that he is not swaying to any side to maximize his profit. It was exploited to make him refictionalize Gulliver under the promises of treasure and plunder in his own story (he also demanded for Gulliver to be his first mate, but we'll see if that will get pulled off).
Came from Gulliver's Travels. Having embarked on his last journey as the ship's surgeon, he found himself on the shores of Australia after a blackout. Having met Long John Silver, he has been tagging along ever since. He was successfully refictionalised by a tricked Long John Silver.
- A Chronological Account of Lemuel Gulliver's Journey into Unknown Regions of the World. Gulliver posts images of letters he has written, as John doesn't trust him with their smart phone.
Tropes that apply to Gulliver:
- Constantly Curious
- The Illegible: His blog posts can sometimes seem to be these. Since he writes each post by hand, some have a hard time reading it, although there are transcripts here.
- But One Half of Perfection. Romeo's blog, with updates on college life.
Tropes that apply to Romeo:
- Corrupt the Cutie: To see the extent, compare this to this.
- Fan Nickname: BROMEO!
- Got Me Doing It
- Hurricane of Excuses: In their comic. (Password: Gurt)
- Younger Than They Look
Romeo's beloved, who came from the same piece of fiction. Living with a sorority in the same campus as Romeo, she seems to be more careful in embracing the modern world. She is worried that Romeo is becoming too attached to our world. She, along with Romeo, has been successfully refictionalized.
- What's in a Name?. Juliet's blog, also with college updates.
Tropes that apply to Juliet:
- Break the Cutie: Very nearly, when Romeo accused her of nagging him when she continued to confront him on going back to Verona.
- Death Glare: Really nasty ones in their comic. (Password: Gurt)
- Younger Than They Look: Even more so than Romeo - in her 14 she doesn't look suspicious in her sorority, which members are in their twenties.
Tropes that apply to Medusa:
- I Just Want to Have Friends
- Medium Awareness: In the story both her and Angel are aware that they are works of fiction.
- The Power of Friendship: How Angel got her to stay in the fictional side of the wall.
Frankenstein's monster, trying to reinvent himself and fit into society. He's written a semi-autobiographical play and is currently trying to meet women. He was successfully refictionalised.
- Fire! Adam's blog.
Tropes that apply to Adam:
- Cartwright Curse: All of his dates seem to die for different reasons. His comic Crosses the Line Twice.
- Genius Bruiser
- I Just Want to Be Normal: He tries a little too hard to fit in.
- No Social Skills: as evidenced by his cringe-inducing Craigslist ad.
Appeared mysteriously in New York; got a job at the hotel where Holmes was staying; disappeared even more mysteriously. She later turned out to have been refictionalised by Mr. A.
Tropes that apply to Cinderella:
- Meaningful Name: Holmes and the Metaguards alike cringed at not noticing how much Sandy sounds like Cindy.
He got in trouble with the law for breaking into the bedroom of a girl named Wendy; was on the run befpre being caught by the police and being put on trial. He was successfully refictionalised after his lawyer's closing statement.
- Pan On the Run Peter's Facebook page.
Tropes that apply to Peter Pan:
- Amoral Attorney: His prosecutor. BIG TIME
- Fish out of Water: Has no clue why his actions have led the police to believe he's a pedophile.
- Rapid Aging: Pan began getting older once he arrived in our world, and keeps aging the longer he stays here.
- Uncomfortable Elevator Moment: While in Pitt's Law School with his lawyer, a woman sexily dressed as Tinkerbell went into the same elevator as them, causing him to act awkward at the time.
The Cabal is a group of fictionals who are opposed to ANY fictionals being sent back behind the wall. They found each other with the combined methods of Pheeble— a secure chat site— and sending Joe threatening letters. They also later sent threatening voicemails to Joan Lawson. They are actively working against the Metaguards, and are attempting to recruit various fictionals to their cause. The Cabal is made up of the following four fictionals:
The Phantom of the Opera
He was the one who created the Pheeble chats in order to seek out other fictionals who shared his goals. He used the pseudoynym Angelus on Pheeble. Recently contacted Adam about producing his play in exchange for certain "errands".
Tropes that apply to Erik:
- Girlfriend in Canada: Invoked in his first Echo.
- Mysterious Employer: To Adam. Erik offered him to finance his play in exchange for carrying out certain tasks, which were nonsensical at first, like mailing a banana to Alaska, when Erik was testing the water.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: During the premiere of his play, he went around with his mask OFF. And it was very obvious that he dyed his hair.
The first one attracted to Erik's Pheeble chats, where he used the pseudonym Pyramus. Has been constantly hitting on Morgana since learning she was female, and is engaged to be married to a woman named Melissa.
Tropes that apply to Don Juan:
- Ladykiller in Love: As of the most recent Pheeble chat, he's engaged.
- Unwanted Harem: He really doesn't like the attention he gets from several women.
By far the most formidable of the Cabal in the Metaguards' minds, he used the pseudonym Steinitz on Pheeble. He tried to pit Holmes and Poirot against each other and frame each for murder.
Tropes that apply to Moriarty:
- Berserk Button: Sherlock Holmes. (See below)
- Chained to a Bed: Apparently, what happened when Morgana decided to play naughty with him (cue Brain Bleach reaction from everyone who listened to the recording). What he didn't know, though, is that Morgana was geniunely angry at him for framing John Silver, and tricked him to be helpless against his refictionalization.
- Crash-Into Hello: Morgana crashed into him, pushing them both into a river. It's on their comic book page.
- Flipping the Table: He performs a textbook example in his second Echo.
- Leave Him to Me: Didn't let Morgana tackle Holmes for him.
- Manipulative Bastard: Manipulated Long John Silver into refictionalizing Holmes for him, which in turn caused Silver to be refictionalized himself.
- Tantrum Throwing: Began trashing the Cabal's meeting room at just the mention of Holmes' name.
Morgan le Fey
She was the first to send Joe threatening letters, and the last to join the Pheeble chats, under the name Oberon. Annoyed by Juan's flirting, but seems pretty chummy with Moriarty. Then fell in love with him. And after that, broke up with him.
Tropes that apply to Morgana:
- Crash-Into Hello: She crashed into Moriarty. The result is... well, she became good friends with him, then fell in love with him. However, she recently broke up with him out of anger.
- Home Sweet Home: Wales
- Impossibly-Low Neckline
- Multiple-Choice Past: She claimed to have fuzzy memories of her past, due to not having a canonical version of Arthurian legends she originated from. Trope note
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: with Moriarty. Although the Metaguards aren't really sure. Even though in the Chat Room she said that she wanted to rule with him at her side.
Gurt the Lime Man
- Twitter account, managed by Mr. Administrator's instantiation 05-07-07-19 (EGGS). He provides us with rather hammy updates.
Tropes that apply to Gurt:
- Ascended Meme
- Asskicking Equals Authority: His desk is a SYMBOL! He wields the authority.
- Cigar Chomper: Originated on his picture, and later canonized in his story.
- The Cameo: In this echo as a poster in the background.
- Floating Limbs
- Gatling Good: He wields a terrifying and extremely powerful "Limegun" that suspiciously resembles the same Minigun aka Sasha, used in Team Fortress 2 as the signature weapon of the Heavy.
- Large Ham
- Pungeon Master: Needless to say, most of his puns are citrus-related.
- Put on a Bus: According to Mr. A, he is busy doing loads of paperwork which renders him incapable of talking to the tropers or tweeting for some time.
- He eventually returned after doing some field work to confirm Cthulhu's attempt to pass the wall needing Tropers to write stories to stop him.
- Series Mascot: He is the reason The Badge Shop now has a lime badge.
- Weaksauce Weakness: As quoted above, he is afraid of watermelons.
An artifical lifeform, although she looks so much like a normal human girl that at first glance, you wouldn't be able to tell, Angel was created by a shamed scientist in his secret laboratories. Unfortunately for her, she was also bound by the instruction he gave her at the moment of her birth: to guard him, no matter what. Angel was approached by Gurt to join the Metaguards and has since carried out a dual role, both protecting her father and guarding the fourth wall from possible incursions. She has a follow-up story in which she encounters Medusa as a Metaguard.
Tropes that apply to Angel and her story:
- Flash Step: One of her favorite techniques. Used to take down Jonesy in the origin story, and also to block Medusa from getting past her in the follow-up.
- Heroic Sacrifice: In the elevated c!fic
- Loophole Abuse: Angel cannot be turned to stone by Medusa because she already consists of inorganic material.
- Medium Awareness: In her second story, both Angel and Medusa are aware that they are works of fiction.
- The Power of Friendship: Used to keep Medusa on the fictional side of the wall.
- Robot Girl
- Undying Loyalty: To her father.
Created centuries earlier by a practitioner of magical arts, the fearsome Gnarbrydh has been rumoured for centuries to guard his creators most precious treasure ever since. After his most recent master betrayed him in his greed, Gnarbrydh has awaited the arrival of a new Master. He most likely wasnt expecting a gun slinging, street smart talking lime to show up.
Tropes that apply to Gnarbrydh and its story:
- Mix-and-Match Critters
- Complete Immortality: Survives in the same place for hundreds of years without eating or drinking, and Reginald's knife breaks when he tries to stab it.
- Golem: Shares many traits with folklorical golems, including being entirely made out of minerals and being completely loyal to its master.
- Its Pronounced Tro PAY: "Guh-NAR-brid", according to Word of God.
- Power Glows: The red orb on its head certainly does.
- No Biological Sex: Often called by masculine pronouns, though.
- Shock and Awe: It can breathe lightning.
- Spell My Name with a "The": In the story itself, anyway. It's often referred to by the real life Metaguards (and Gurt) simply as "Gnarbrydh."
- Super Strength
Tropes that apply to Subject Psi and his story:
The regulator is something of a mystery as he appears to have guarded the fourth wall (or at least his own place in it) for long before Gurt came along to recruit him to the Metaguards. His dedication to maintaining the flow of events in his own story has resulted in him repeatedly having to do battle with his younger self, in order to return him to the fiction he constantly tries to escape. Yeah, it's kind of confusing. His abilities now come in handy for guarding against escapees from beyond the wall. Perhaps the Regulator is a symbol of the ineffability of fate, and the unavoidable nature of destiny... He also stopped Anansi in his follow-up story: .
Tropes that apply to The Regulator
- Badass in a Nice Suit
- Brainwashing for the Greater Good: He warps the characters' minds to remove the desire to cross the fourth wall.
- Consummate Professional
- Future Me Scares Me
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Anansi
- Medium Awareness
- Mirror Match
- Mysterious Employer: Canonically, he is employed by Mr. Administrator. It is unknown how direct he is being with him.
- No Name Given
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome
- Plot Armor: Exploited - he knows that he, being a POV character, can't lose his fight.
- Psychic Powers
- Reset Button: Weaponized - he carries one as a last resort.
A troper who has been present right from the start. Was responsible for a significant amount of work on the URL puzzle that eventually lead to the discovery of the Therapist, and since the creation of WTF forums he has served as a moderator, in which capacity he fights to keep the more nutty members of the team on topic and the strange yet hilarious influx of spam bots from taking over the website. He has been recently chosen as the Metaguard to confront Cthulhu with the remaining members of the Cabal.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Literally, since he's the only Metagaurd with the gall to face off with Cthulhu himself.
- Even the Guys Want Him
- Facepalmer: Preformed exactly during This Exchange.
- The Fettered: At least in the 'motivate others,' sense
- The Heart
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: He defeated Cthulhu with it!
- Logic Bomb: His mind broke when, after over a week of fighting off advert bots, one of them made a post which specifically requested to be deleted."...Are you seriously ASKING ME to delete your spam? Why did you post it then! Whaaaaaaaaat? I just...WHAAT? WHAAAAAA-""They did it, Sicon, they finally broke me!"
- Only Sane Man: In a world of Green Stuff(TM) and Coffee Shops of Horror, he valiantly fights to re-rail what has been de-railed and slow the encroachment of the Drinking Game onto every thread of the forum.
- Red Baron Title: Slayer of Hurricanes
- Screams Like a Little Girl: Which probably scared away Cthulhu all by itself.
- Stupid Sexy Flanders: When he posted a photo of himself, some male Metaguards were heard (seen) calling him sexy.
- Suicide Mission: He was chosen to be the Metaguard to face the very big and dangerous Lovecraftian monster/god Cthulhu. Mr. Administrator had stated that he would possibly die. Subverted, in that he just suffered a minor concussion.
- Team Dad: Was elected this by Metaguard consensus, making him, to his bafflement, married to IslaKariese. This became one of the major discussion factors during the poll to choose who would face Cthulhu.
- Took a Level in Badass: When he Punched Out Cthulhu.
- What the Hell, Hero?: To Sicon112 and VicariousShaner after their enormous smear campaign against each other."What the hell guys, I leave for a few hours and now you're running slander campaigns against each other??? TEAM. HIVEMIND. WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH YOU!?"
- Ended up receiving a What the Hell, Hero? himself when he decided to help crack the Psychiatrists answering machine after most had agreed not to do something potentially illegal.
A young Chinese non-troper who eventually decided he wanted to be remembered as a player of The Wall Will Fall. Though generally quiet, he has made valuable contributions, especially involving cryptography.
- Adorkable: To the point that the term Agorable was coined.
An American Troper with a tendency to go full on God Mode in the Coffee Room. A habitual roleplayer and author in his spare time. Brother of Sicon In Real Life. Discovered the forum has a post text limit of sixty thousand characters. Broke it. Twice.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": He's often called "Sicon's Brother" in the forums.
- Large Ham
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Normally calm and seldom posting in ARG related threads, he grew very angry when people theorized that characters were forced to act differently than they normally would have by their authors, prompting the above quote.
- Shout-Out: Nearly all of his posts contain references to Touhou.
A British troper, and one of the founding metaguards. His one major contribution to the game was creating the timeline. Some time after the move to the TWWF forums, he fell off of following the game as Uni had just started back up for him.
A troper from Austin, TX who was recruited by QaraXuanZenith late in the game when players were trying to secure the Echo located in his home town.
- The Storyteller: Is currently involved in writing the Metaguard Christmas Carol.
- Inspector Javert: Was one of those most strongly against the Cabal, at least until recent events.
A mexican troper that joined a bit late into the game. Tries his hardest to keep everyone calm. Always fails spectacularly.
- Gratuitous Spanish: Can break into this on the chatroom. Came in useful when the Witch became stranded in Mexico.
A Russian troper who is another original player. Has contributed to almost everything that has happened in one way or another, especially if it involved analyzing sound files, for which he was called the Sound Ninja even though he insists he isn't all that good. Was responsible for taking Sicon's strange theories about a multi-layered, infinitely recursive in-game reality and turning them into the actually sensible Meta-Verse Model, which the tropers are still using to theorize on events.
- Meta Guy: A trait he shares with Sicon 112. They co-created the Meta-verse model of in-game reality. Unlike Sicon, however, his theories are usually stated in ways that make far more sense. There are times when he has to translate Sicon's work before others can actually understand it.
- Motor Mouth: His Ask Me Anything-session with Mr. Administrator.
- Nickname: Most Metaguards call him Dryu.
- Shyunya, after "Everyone is A Girl Day."
- Obsessed Are The List Makers
- Orwellian Editor: It was not long after receiving Moderator status that he began abusing his powers.
- The Smart Guy: His help in the creation of the Metaverse Model and his ability to make sense out of Sicon's posts painted him as one.
- Token Good Teammate: He's, perhaps, the the most vehement Metaguard who refuses to compromise on the fact that the Cabal is evil.
- He's also the only known Gryffindor among the Metaguards.
- "This is eli, reporting from the land of the dead.There are dead people.End transmission."
A newer arrival to the forum who adapted surprisingly quickly to the general chaos around here. Another of the girls, yet unlike most of them is rarely the victim of Samus Is a Girl (mostly because the image in her icon is obviously female). Enjoys skirmishes in the coffee room, and her day job apparantly involves occasional dealings with the undead, which would account for her unusually advanced skills in combat.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Fish out of Water: At the start, but learns very quickly.
- Lurker: Was this for a large percentage of the start of the game before joining in.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Spent the first half of the game to all appearances just a girl who asked Mr. Administrator lots of funny random questions. Then she got fed up with the divisiveness on the boards, and started making on-topic posts...
- Seen It All
- Shout-Out: Her icon appears to be a Distaff Counterpart of Mister A.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: He usually sets out to do something, only to return without having even started.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: by his own admission
- Can't Catch Up
- Cluster F-Bomb
- Deadpan Snarker
- The Insomniac...
- Large Ham: On occasion
- Teasing Creator
- "Just Joking" Justification
Joined the game officially during the refictionalisation stage. Enlil became the first troper to successfully retrieve a Wall Piece as part of an experiment much to the annoyance of Mister Administrator.
- Jumped at the Call: Delurked in hopes that an echo could appear in Pittsburgh. Needless to say, two of them appeared.
- Logical Weakness: Much like JR Pictures, he can only use a school laptop with restrictions on it, no access to Twitter at school or at home and cannot access the forum while at home. He still can go to the library, though, and his restriction is currently moving in the opposite direction.
- Motor Mouth: Can toss out ideas very very quickly, especially when working on riddles.
- Shout-Out: Many of his posts have SOMETHING to do with My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.
- He often refers to the Cabal as "The Kabal."
A troper who joined shortly after Tara's death. After a month of being nothing but essentially comic relief, he joined the Cabal, then later volunteered to face Cthulhu. Serves as a source of logic in the Coffee Room, but seems a bit off his rocker everywhere else.
- Affably Evil: For working with the Cabal.
- I Can't Dance - Apparrantly, him breakdancing would be an abomination against God.
- Only Sane Man - Has decided he is slightly less weird than everyone else in the forum. This is entirely possible. His siganture is "Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you."
- The Stoic
- Nice Guy
- Token Evil Teammate: See Affably Evil for the reason.
- Large Ham
- Its Pronounced Tro PAY: Genndy's name has a hard G sound, but some guardians have pronounced it with a soft one.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!
- Comically Missing the Point: His response to Juliet's request for advice? How to clean her computer.
A veteran ARG player hailing from Unfiction. He joined this ARG during the Echoes development when it seemed that the players would be unable to complete the physical errands and proceeded to attain the highest streak of successful field work tasks.
- The Ace: All metaguards watched in awe after it was confirmed by Word of God that he wasn't a GM that he was actually a legitimate player who just happened to be that good.
- As of the postmortem it was reveled by the GMs that even they were impressed by how good he was at getting things done.
- Shout-Out: Thanks to the his competence level, the metaguards nicknamed him Batman. Later on, his title canonically became The Meta-Dark Knight.
- Angrish: From chat:Guyshane: NO MORE BEESEli: SHANE IS BEESGuyshane: I SWEAR TO GODGuyshane: ASDFGHJKLGuyshane: ERTYUJKL;
- Brutal Honesty : GET TO DE CHOPPA! GO! NOAW!.........but srsly eli leave
- Deadpan Snarker
- Deadpan Snarker
- Fish out of Water: He had no idea what Anime, Minecraft, or :p meant.
- Gratuitous Foreign Language: Latin.
- "Just Joking" Justification
- Logic Bomb
- Murder Is the Best Solution
- One-Letter Name: In the chat room, at least.
- Sophisticated as Hell
- Token Evil Teammate
- Younger Than They Look: A number of people were surprised to learn that he is the youngest Metaguards, at 12 years.
- Tempting Fate: See his quote.
A troper usually identified by her fox-themed icons. Another of the rarely found girls on the internet, and one of the most frequently mistaken for guy in spite of the femininity of the name Isla. Appears to have a penchant for the eldritch. Enjoys girl talk, chocolates, and gossiping about the activities of multiversal eldritch abominations in her spare time.
- Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick: Once had a "Girl Talk" with Scarab that consisted of them braiding one another's hair, eating chocolates and gossiping about the activities of local Eldritch abominations, culminating in a discussion about how Scarab had to get out of her universe more if she was ever going to find the right abomination for her.
- Fantastic Mrs.Fox: Her icon.
- Samus Is a Girl
- Team Mom - Got elected this in the Cast Calculus thread, alongside Adell.
- Non-Indicative Name: We're not sure if he's a riffer or not.
- One Steve Limit: Averted, there's also JackAlsworth.
- Shrinking Violet: Most of his post are really short. He's a laconic kind of guy.
- Open Mouth, Insert Foot: Some metaguards claim he has an habit of saying awkward things.
- Unfazed Everyman: He never seems surprised by the events of the ARG... or the weird conversations in the chatroom.
That one Australian Troper who spends his time on the ARG talking on the forums, Twitter and the Chat. The confusing timezones don't help on matters of catching up for him and his one chance of doing field work was to collect the final wall piece which he did successfully. Is known for being crazy, liking Chocolate and quoting movie lines in the chat for no reason. Also his name is Jon.
- Brother-Sister Team: The wall piece recovery was a team effort between him and his younger sister Josie.
- Can't Catch Up: Since he lives in Australia.
- Logical Weakness: Can only use a school laptop to check up on the ARG because the school has blocked twitter, the WTF forums and blogs off access from the laptop. And he's sorta blocked off his main computer. Though that ban is now gone.
- Got the "spam" package two weeks after putting in his address due to living in Australia.
- Meta Guy
- The Movie Buff
- Cartography Sidequest: Created the Troper Map. Sidequest complete! (Now to complete the main quest!)
- The Anti-Nihilist
- Only Sane Man
- Wrench Whack
A troper who wasn't around at the very beginning but came in before the WTF website was created. He is the one that created the quote used as the ARG quote on the page. He is also credited with starting the Coffee Room, a off topic forum about madness, realities within realities and sometimes the consumption of Green drink of questionable origins. He seems to mostly post in the off topic forum creating threads that range anywhere from the Coffee Room to an RPG he runs with the help of another troper
- Game Master: Runs both of the forum RPGs on the Off Topic section of the forums. And is the creator of the infamous Coffee Room.
- Red Baron Title: The Demonic Coffee Salesman.
- A perpetual source of Rousing Speeches
A fellow metaguard who has, over the course of the game, attained the highest successful refic count among the players. Prompting the unique title of Meta-Robin.
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Conflicting Loyalty: Picked up a wall piece as part of an experiment in spite of Mister A's wishes.
- I Did What I Had to Do: With regards to her Moriarty refic which actually took the leap of killing Sherlock Holmes.
- The Storyteller: She has the single highest counter of successful refics.
An English troper who has altered his sleeping pattern quite dramatically in order to follow the ARG. Has discovered that alcohol causes the ARG to seem rather an odd past time.
- Enraged by Idiocy: Is normally very calm and composed in the forums and even the coffee room... Except when Romeo is behaving dumbly.
- Put on a Bus: Had to leave the game due to real life.
- The Bus Came Back: But he still shows up now and again, to comment or offer a hand.
- The Stoic
A brazilian troper who delurked shortlly after the beginning of the ARG. Stays online for almost all the time, watching every event unfold and trying to help out as possible. He successfully refictionalized Don Quixote.
- Batman Gambit: When a thread was started that offhandedly mentioned the naming patterns for blogs, Pixelmage got an idea and quickly messaged Dryunya in secret, asking him to get on the thread and derail it with as much trolling as possible. This gave him time to discover all of the blogs mentioned under Sequence Breaking before the GMs could react.
- The Chessmaster: His gambitting to get both Mr. A and the Cabal to march to his tune even elicited a Lampshade Hanging from A:Mr. Administrator: YOU ARE A WORTHY CHESS PLAYER. HOPEFULLY YOUR ENDGAME DOES NOT RELY ON HAVING THREE ROOKS.
- Sequence Breaking: Managed to discover three new blogs, those of Romeo, Juliet, and Gulliver, merely by examining naming and domain patterns in the previous ones. Subverted as of the end of the ARG, since the GMs have revealed that the discovery of these blogs was intended.
Joined the game under a mistaken impression that the Cake blog was important, which persisted for a LONG time. Has gone from never-updated-a-page-before to frequently adding to the timeline, in a fairly short period of time. Pretended to be a Gulliver fangirl in order to get information from what turned out to be a GM, and found the two addresses that Holmes' clues sent him to. One of the most paranoid Metaguards around.
- Complexity Addiction: Her plan with Scarab here about leaving a secret message just became more and more complex until even Sicon had to admit that it was too complicated. That was about the time they wanted to leave an unassuming comment referring to an unassuming comment linking to a TV Tropes page with a spoilered secret message hidden amongst the examples.
- Cuteness Proximity: Let's just say she really loves puppies.
- Genki Girl
- Gratuitous French: Sometimes when talking in the chatroom.
- Properly Paranoid - Was worried about the Cabal finding out we had a chatroom and infiltrating the last possible safe space the metaguards had to discuss anything... she was right.
- Your Mileage May Vary on whether this was something to worry about, however. The conversation that resulted ultimately led to the collection of the wall pieces that prevented Cthuhlu from immediately walking through the hole in the fourth wall.
- Everything's Better With Lists: She discovered the listing function on the WTF Forums. Cue giant outlines on every subject she could think of.
- Deadpan Snarker - See his first quote.
- Fun with Palindromes
- The Nicknamer: Created the nickname "Metaneko" for the cat. The tropers were very pleased.
A British troper and one of the rare girls on the internet. She participated in and won the contest for the Wicked Witch of the West's campaign manager and has since served as head of the Witch division and our main contact with her. In a way, she even succeeded at her role when she refictionalised the Wicked Witch. She also wrote the fic selected to refictionalise Cthulhu.
- Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick: Her "girl talk" conversation with IslaKariese (see above)
- Complexity Addiction: The plan made starting here between her and Qara-Xuan Zenith. It was so ridiculous that even Sicon told them they were overdoing it.
- Cuteness Proximity: Has a tendency to immediately glomp cute things once she lays eyes on them.
- I Need a Freaking Drink: Her first reaction upon learning of her new position was to freak out, but once that wore off she just showed up in the Coffee Room and asked for the strongest thing they had.
- Squee!: Her response to this page, when it was updated:"I have a quote up!!!! I have a quote up, I have a quote up, I have a quote up!"
- The Mole: When she was first chosen, the plan was for her to give faulty plans to hold her position as long as possible while getting information from the Witch.
- The Dragon: However, the Witch soon found the forum, and since then she has become a rather nicer version of this trope. While she does serve as the Witch's right hand, she actively assists the truce between the tropes and the Witch in order to return the Witch where she belongs.
- Mediator: She often is the one to intervene and make sense out of arguments flowing among the metaguards.
- Walking Techbane: One of her many mutant typos spawned the Bonsus question meme. And can get stuck in capslock without any cheeto dust to help her along.
- Wall of Text: Every. Single. Post.
A snarky, caffeine addicted Basement-Dweller and Otaku with a penchant for manipulation and gambiting even when it isn't necessary. He delurked shortly after the WTF Forums were created and began using his Genre Savvyness, especially in the realm of detective stories, and Mind Screwy meta-think to do what he could for the cause. Co-created the Meta-Verse Model with Dryunya. Is known for obsessively reading every single forum post, blog update, tweet, and chatbox message, making him a walking encyclopedia of everything related to the ARG. Provides main planning support over all areas, and helps out on all sections of the forum with anything he can. Is a player in all three of the RPGs and has a habit of creating Walls of Text.
- Ascended Fanon: Pixel's title, "Witch Hunter" which was given to him in jest early on became canon after he refictionalized the Witch.
- The Chessmaster: If there is a plan going on, he is one of the people planning it. And if there is something to plan about, he will already have made a plan a few weeks ago. He will also already have a plan if there isn't something to plan about.
- Crazy-Prepared: In his own words:"I'm going to plan for EVERYTHING EVER if it is at all humanly possible!"
- You want proof, check out his preparations for dealing with the witch.
- Complexity Addiction
- Enraged by Idiocy: If someone tries to defend a point and invokes Logical Fallacies.
- Gambit Pileup: With fellow Troper and teammate VicariousShaner during the competition for the Witch's campaign manager position.
- Godzilla Threshold: He is going to leave his room to reach the Witch's second Echo. And The Players Gasped.
- Guile Hero
- Heroes Prefer Swords: He collects various kinds of swords, and has a working knowledge of how to use them.
- Hidden Depths: One of the main strategists for the Metaguards in the ARG. He is skilled at cooking.
- The Insomniac: Rarely sleeps except in the rare event that some blood seeps back into hs cafffiene system."You would be surprised how many hours in the day there are once you eliminate the need for sleep."
- It Amused Me
- Just as Planned: What he says whenever he reveals what he was really up to. Usually also Punctuated! For! Emphasis!.
- Large Ham: Pretty much everywhere and we have audio evidence of it now
- Master of Xanatos Speed Chess
- Must Have Caffeine
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: As seen here.
- Properly Paranoid: Some people thought he was going overboard when he went into detail about methods to avoid being tracked by the Witch, including proxy servers and utilizing library computers while constantly switching locations. A few days later, she revealed that she had discovered the forum.
- Wounded Gazelle Gambit: Invoked and successfully pulled off against the Witch.
- Xanatos Gambit: Although he's more fond of Xanatos Speed Chess
- Always Second Best: Complains that he feels like this whenever the tropes list is mentioned."But the thing is, I can't get a trope by doing something someone else does better"
A newer member of the Metaguards. Insists that his name is in no way intended as a distress call. A Northern Irish university student who is frustrated at his inability to reach Echoes and chugs green in the Coffee Room.
- Meaningful Name: It's not meant to be a distress call, but given the way things go on this forum, that would be fitting...
- Only Known by Initials
- Suspiciously Specific Denial
A player who's been around since the beginning of the game, but for much of it only appeared on Twitter and briefly on the original thread.
- The Ghost: He had almost no presence on the forum or chatrooms until after Gulliver was refictionalized.
- Insistent Terminology: It's "Spirit," not "Chaos." And his name doesn't have an O in the middle.
A troper, gamer, Universal Monsters fan, a Bookworm and Team Fortress 2 Fan who used to be clueless at first, but as he found out more, he became more useful and was responsible for caching the fictionalthreat site when no one could access it, so the tropers could see what it was. He occasionally goes by TWWP, "West" or just "Pyro" on the forum.
- Beneath the Mask: He would post a picture of himself on the the Coffee Shop Thread.
- Cloudcuckoolander: He hallucinates in the Coffee Room a lot. He thinks Mr. A and the fictionals are in the Coffee Room. Either he's hallucinating or has a very good imagination. He is also half insane.
- Creepy Child: He's the 2nd youngest known Metaguard and also a huge Universal Horror fan. He's also clearly capable of keeping up with the other Metaguards who are, on average, around college age. He is also very interested in guns.
- Gratuitous Foreign Language: Mandarin Chinese. And a little German.
- Tagalong Kid: Although he tends not to fit many of the stereotypes associated with that trope.
- Beware the Quiet Ones: Rarely speaks, but is skilled at forming connections and tracking down wall pieces.
- The Quiet One: She stays online most of the time in the chatroom, but very rarely says anything unless asked a direct question.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!
- Shipper on Deck: Has come across as this, constantly pairing members of the metaguard together much to their chagrin.
- Terrible Artist
An American troper currently living in England to complete a University Degree. Was one of the hosts and original creators of the Pub Quiz.