The Household Keepers is a long-lived group and its founding dates before RBR. During RBR it continued to exist under Citizen Arbory, a collaborator with Doctor Robotnik who deposed the duchal family, and was effectively Arbory's secret police - although this group was really only the 'Household Keepers' in name as most of the original duchal loyalists either fled during the Zone's takeover or were destroyed in the later Fratricide, although some survivors did stay on for RBR. With the restoration of the old regime following RBR's end, the Keepers have also reassumed their former, non-oppressive, role.
Tropes for The Household Keepers as a whole:
- Personalized Uniform: Part of the household Keepers uniform is a red tie which is patterned, according to the person individual taste.
- Sharp Dressed Men: While it's not used by field agents for obvious reasons of maintaining cover, office-working Keepers, or Keepers specifically required to be seen in public, wear a characteristic uniform of a black shirt with a red tie.
- Secret Service: Of the Hill Top Zone.
- Smoking Is Cool: It's not known whether they are actually contractually required to smoke in order to pass muster for the Keepers, but it's been statistically proven that living within a quarter-mile of the Household Keepers' headquarters building will treble your chance of contracting lung cancer.
DunziDunzi is a middle-aged elephant and senior officer in the Household Keepers, the secret service of the Hill Top Zone. While he's getting on in years and his field days are long behind him, he continues to pursue his duty for as long as he is able, in whatever way he can.
- Arch-Enemy: Rouge is his arch-enemy and Dunzi has recently been devoting a large and ever-increasing amount of his time to attempts to prevent the sabotage operations of, and ultimately capture, the mercenary and current Drakon agent, Rouge.
- Berserk Button: His has become is Rouge.
- Determinator: He never forgets a slight, an insult - or a failure, a chief reason for his personal pursuit of Rouge. He seems to possess a near-neurotic sense of frustration and inadequacy for her repeated escapes, but this only drives him on harder in his attempts to bring her in, to the point that he has dispatched Keepers as far as the Starlight Zone in pursuit of her.
- Hero Antagonist: Of the story Rouge Alert.
- Sympathetic Inspector Antagonist
Masad AkaanMasad Akaan is a senior member of the Household Keepers, a security organisation from the Hill Top Zone. Akaan spends most of his time working in the office alongside Dunzi, although he has ventured out on field missions from time to time
Mr GoldMr Gold is the mysterious leader of the S.P.E.A.R. paramilitary group in the Metropolis Zone. Not only is he behind his group's attack on the Brain Drain Society, an electromagnetic pulse on a fleet of Badniks and a crackdown using tear gas on protestors, he has also been instrumental in influencing the League of Super-Evil Villains into hiring Fockewulf de Shrike as an assassin as well as inviting the Freedom Fighters for a meeting. Gold feels that the Freedom Fighters' efforts in thwarting Dr Robotnik lack mettle and plans for him and his group to bring the dictator down without their help. While he initially appeared to be a Robotnik supporter, he later stated that the banner with Robotnik's face on in the groups headquarters enables him to think like the enemy. Oddly enough, while he seems to disapprove of the Freedom Fighters as a whole, he bears no ill will towards Tails. Gold remains tight-lipped in regards to his true nature however, which the bionics appear to be tied to.
- Artificial Limbs: His left hand is bionic.
- Genius Bruiser: Despite his refined appearance, Gold is no stranger to action and is a dab hand in combat, literally, his bionic left hand giving him immense strength.
- He Who Fights Monsters: Mr Gold wants rid the world of Doctor Robotnik but like Robotnik he willing to peform Unwilling Roboticisation turning people into Cyberniks.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: He wants to stop Robotnik but his methods are extreme, he order Captain Blue to use nerve gas on Windy Wallis and Doctor Genius if they did not surrender while they had hostages.
Captain BlueCaptain Blue is a senior member of S.P.E.A.R., a paramilitary group seemingly set up to oppose criminal groups during the New Robotnik Empire. "Blue" is the most visible soldier of the group and is responsible for carrying out missions as ordered by "Mr Gold".
Tropes for the Sky Pirates as a whole:
- HeelFace Revolving Door
- Only In It For The Treasure: The reason they work with the Freedom Fighters.
- The Sky Pirates Who Dont Do Anything: Averted they have been showing robbing ships and performing necessary tasks to tend to their ships.
- Sky Pirates
- Wild Card
Captain PlunderA nefarious sky pirate who, while considered a villain, has no love for Doctor Robotnik or his tyrannical regime over Planet Mobius. Plunder is a pirate by name and nature, holding no regard for the law or social norms. He commands a flying galleon which is crewed by a motley bunch, though his only two regular crew members are his undead first mate Filch and Simpson the Cat, the ship's fool and cook. In his last appearance in Sonic the Comic, Plunder was stricken with an ancient curse and now lives his days with eternal bad luck.
- Bad Boss: See Berserk Button and It's All About Me below.
- Berserk Button: Eating his food, he killed Filch for taking the last biscuit and made Proctor Speckle walk the plank for eating his Old Carribean chocolate bars.
- The Captain: Formerly of the Sky Pirates, he was demoted to stop his bad luck curse affecting everyone. However Cream's presents on the ship stops the curse affecting him. So he reclaims his role as captain.
- Disproportionate Retribution: He blew Filch's brains out simply because Filch took the last biscuit without asking.
- Hook Hand
- It's All About Me: When his crew tried to break him out of prison at the same time as Plunder was escaping, and ended up getting locked in themselves, he casually abandoned them so as not to have to share his treasure.
- Sweet Tooth
- Swiss Army Appendage
- Villain Protagonist
FilchA Sky Pirate and the ghostly First Mate of Captain Plunder. He is incredibly loyal to his captain and even in death has stuck by him through thick and thin. Filch was killed by Plunder himself, but he acknowledges that this was his own fault for taking the last biscuit without asking. The exact nature of Filch's ghostly aspect is unknown: Sometimes he is just a ghost and cannot touch anything, while sometimes he is a poltergeist and can manipulate his surroundings. Whatever kind of ghost he is, one thing is certain: he is indeed very knowledgeable, having studied books on Plunder's ship, and knowing of some of the Special Zone's more dangerous residents.
- Boom, Headshot!: How he died.
- Ghost Pirate
- Non Action Dragon: As he is a ghost he can't touch anything making him unable to fight.
- However, subverted in a later arc where he is revealed to be a poltergeist and can move things around, such as stepping into a safe and opening it from the inside.
- Number Two: He is the first mate.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: In some stories he is a poltergeist.
- Scars Are Forever: His ghost still bears a big hole through the head from the bullet wound that killed him.
- Undying Loyalty: Even after Plunder killed him he is still loyal to him.
Simpson the CatAn amateur pirate working under Captain Plunder, and is without a doubt one of the most bizarre denizens of Mobius.Resembling black and white cartoon characters of the 1920s, such as Oswald the Lucky Rabbit but mostly Felix the Cat, Simpson is capable of manipulating both himself and his environment at will, mostly for comedic effort. This behaviour can be anything from painting a hole in the floor for an enemy to fall into, shining a light from his eyes after swallowing said light, saluting his fellow crew-members by plucking his ears off his head like a hat and having his eyeballs pop out of their sockets when surprised (which notably disgusts Knuckles). His toon abilities also make him difficult to kill or even slightly injure. While the majority of his behaviour is followed with him being told to shut up, and he regularly irritates Plunder, the Captain keeps him around purely because he's a good cook.
- The Captain: After Plunder was demoted, he was made captain of the Sky Pirates.
- Cloud Cuckoolander
- Expy: Of Felix the Cat.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: They keep him around because he is a good cook not even Cream likes him.
- Non-Standard Character Design: Looks like a 1920s cartoon character like Felix the Cat.
- Team Chef: He is a good chef, it is the only reason Plunder keeps him on his crew.
- Toon Physics: He is capable of manipulating both himself and his environment at will.
Cream the RabbitA new member of the sky pirates on Sonic the Comic Online!.
- Hero-Worshipper: She hero worships Sonic, while the rest of Mobius hates him.
- Lucky Rabbit's Foot: Her present on the ship removes the bad luck curse placed on Plunder.
- Naïve Newcomer: She thinks the Sky Pirates are Freedom Fighters fighting Robotnik and not pirates just after treasure, this was because the Sky Pirates used an internet banner ad showing Sonic the Hedgehog on a recruitment drive for the Freedom Fighters in order to recruit new crew members but because of Sonic's Broken Pedestal Cream was the only one answer that ad.
- Sky Pirate
- Sky Pirate Girl
- Token Good Teammate: Of the Sky Pirates.
- Valley Girl: The characterization given to Cream when she finally debuts.
Doctor Ovi KintoborA kindly scientist from Planet Earth who somehow crash-landed on Mobius. During his time on this planet, he built a laboratory under the Emerald Hill Zone and befriended Sonic the Hedgehog. He made a deal with the hedgehog to collect a number of Chaos Emeralds to be used for his Retro-Orbital Chaos Compressor, in order to make Mobius a paradise free from evil, and in return help the hedgehog become faster. Unfortunately, an unavoidable accident saw him turn into Doctor Ivo Robotnik, ending his life.
- Absent-Minded Professor: Forgets to go shopping leaving only a rotten egg in the fridge.
- FaceMonster Turn: He turned into Doctor Ivo Robotnik because off exposure to the raw evil Chaos Energy of the Retro-Orbital Chaos Compressor and a rotten egg.
- Friend to All Living Things
- The Good Chancellor: As Grand Vizier to Princess Kupacious in the Shanazar arc.
- One-Man Industrial Revolution: Made many improvements to the zones and to Shanazar.
- Parental Substitute: He was Shadow's father figure, teaching him many things.
- The Professor
- Rebel Leader: After the Brotherhood of Metallix changed history so that Robotnik didn't existed, he lead the The Underground against the Metallixes.
Marxio BrothersA trio of brothers (Grouchio, Harpio and Chicio) from Super Marxio World. They used to work for Robotnik, now own and run The Chemical Plant Zone.
- Cigar Chomper: Grouchio.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: As owners of the Casino Night Zone and then the Carnival Night Zone.
- Expy: Of the Mario brothers and the commedian Marx Brothers.
- Good Smoking, Evil Smoking: Grouchio smokes a cigar.
- HeelFace Turn
- Never My Fault: Whenever Grouchio's plans fail he blames Chicio even if he had nothing to do with them going wrong.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: They leave Mobius to go back to Super Marxio World after Knuckles completely smashes the whole Carnival Night Zone off the Floating Island.
- Simple Staff: They used staffs to fight Sonic.
- The Voiceless: Harpio.
Sol FuricA sheep from the Chemical Plant Zone. Alongside Sab, he currently works as a security guard for the Marxio Brothers, defending the Zone from attack. In the past, Furic has worked for different sides of the battle between good and evil, being convinced to join Nutzan Bolt before returning to his old friends.
- Co-Dragons: To Nutzan Bolt along with Tess Tube.
- FaceHeel Turn: He used to be a member of The Flock.
- Arm Gun: His right arm has a machine gun grafted on.
- HeelFace Turn: He rejoins The Flock.
- Heel Realization: He realizates that Nutzan a psychopath and he was making the Chemical Plant Zone a worse place not a better place.
- Horrible Judge of Character: He thought Nutzan Bolt was sensible and open to negotiation who could be worked with to make the Chemical Plant Zone into a better place.
- The Lancer: To Sab when he was a member of The Flock.
PochacamacAn elderly echidna who was the father of Tikal and the leader of the ancient tribe of Echidnas. Over 8000 years ago, the Drakon Empire came to ancient Mobius and took over the sacred Echidna emerald mines in an attempt to find a suitable vessel for their unstable new energy source. This 'Chaos Energy' was insecure, but the Echidnas' emeralds were found to be the ideal container. Pochacamac then ordered his men to recapture the emeralds to save the galaxy from the Drakons. The Drakon Empire then waged war on the Echidnas.
- Adaptational Heroism: Unlike his other counterparts he does not kill Chao he only kills the Drakons that the Echidnas are at war with.
- Deal with the Devil: Pochacamac deliberately made a deal with Vichama, Vichama would be given passage onto the mortal plane, in exchange for helping create The Guardian Emerald to allow Knuckles to become an eternal guardian.
- Posthumous Character: He lived about 8,000 years ago and is only seen in flashbacks.
- Spell My Name with an "S":In the games his name is spelled Pachacamac.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Pochacamac, who is at least a less dubious character than in other continuities (he does not kill Chao, only Drakons, who are at war with the echidnas anyway) and has a good relationship with Tikal.
Percival James Kane
- "Don't be preposterous. I don't make the news, I just profit from it."
- Cigar Chomper
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: He is the owner of the Kane Broadcasting Company (KBC) and used it to smear Sonic's reputation. However he is unscrupulous and amoral, but not an outright supervillain.
- Good Smoking, Evil Smoking: He smokes a cigar.
- Last-Name Basis: Most people call Kane by his last name, expect when Sonic gives him a Full-Name Ultimatum.
- Strawman News Media: The Kane Broadcasting Company (KBC).
Errol BlackthornErrol Blackthorn is a famed member of the Nameless Zone and current sergeant of the Nameless Zone police force. Along with sister Morain, Blackthorn has openly defied the goblin plan to encroach on his home land but is now working alongside them to ensure integration between the two races goes smoothly.
- FaceMonster Turn: Was turned into a monster by Trogg but after The Dark One was destroyed he change back to normal.
- Hero Antagonist: Since he started work with the Goblins he has to fight Morain, Tails, and the resistance.
- Internal Reformist: Joined the police force to work with the goblins to make things better for the foxes.
- Knight in Shining Armor
- Secret Keeper: He keeps the fact Tails is Sonic's sidekick and not the other way around secret from the people of Nameless Zone.
Morain BlackthornMorain is an fox and resident of the Nameless Zone. She is the sister of Errol Blackthorn, and has assisted Tails' on two occasions, one of which also saw her fighting alongside Knuckles the Echidna, whom she believes to be Tails' "sidekick" on Mobius, Sonic the Hedgehog.
Professor Frank N. SteinA stereotypical mad scientist, with green hair and a thick German accent, both of which are fake.
- Expy: Professor Stein is one of Doctor Frankenstein
- Fan Boy: Of Mr Cuddle Bunny a series of children's books writen by Mr Cuddle Bunny.
- Funetik Aksent: Stein's German accent portrayed like this.
- It's also fake; he's really from Cardiff.
- Mad Scientist
- Old Shame: He's actually a blond former choir boy from Cardiff.
- You Gotta Have Green Hair: It's dyed.
IgorStein's lab assistant
- The Igor: An unorthodox depiction of an Igor.
- Smug Snake
- Token Evil Teammate: He constantly tries to kill Chuck and generally just insults everyone.
Chuck D. HeadA reanimated corpse created by Professor Stein.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Chuck. Or he wants a normal life, anyway
- Improbable Weapon User: Due to an accident during his creation, Chuck's head is imbedded in his torso. He can attack people by extending it outwards to headbutt them with all the force of a truck.
- Or, failing that, he can
- Or, failing that, he can
- Our Zombies Are Different: Some people call Chuck a zombie, others peg him as a mummy. Regardless he doesn't hunger for human flesh...in fact, he's quite fond of cheese.
- Unstoppable Rage: Chuck, while normally a nice guy, can descend into this if you're not careful.
- Use Your Head: He attacks people by extending his head outwards to headbutt them with all the force of a truck.