Hitomi is the protagonist of Love Revo, and the character you play as for the entire game. She is a second year at St. Reef School, and works as a behind-the-scenes member of the Theatre Club. In her childhood, Hitomi used to be beautiful and cute- winning countless beauty contests and constantly rebuffing offers to appear in commercials. However, she currently weighs 100kg/220lbs as she steadily gained weight from years of eating junk food (received from her fans and her family). She and her older brother, Takashi, moved into their fathers mansion as it is close to her school. St. Reefs Popular 5 eventually move in, and their negative impressions and responses to her, as well as Yurikas taunts, upsets Hitomi into wanting to prove them wrong- marking the beginnings of her diet. Hitomi is cheerful, kind and positive, if not a little naïve. She is a good cook.
- Acrofatic: Mostly evident during sports day.
- All Just a Dream: Hitomi comes to this realisation after every dream sequence.
- Beautiful All Along: Hitomi, in her good endings, and Tooru, when doing his route.
- Beauty Contest: Hitomi won a few in her youth.
- Big Eater: Which lead to her obesity.
- Butt-Monkey: Towards the beginning of the game.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: The three pictures you can see of her performing an action while dieting especially shows this.
- Fat Best Friend: Type A to Rie, Tooru and Yuu.
- Head-Turning Beauty: [[spolier: When she loses weight. Mostly evident in the good endings without a main guy involved.]]
- I Can't Believe a Guy Like You Would Notice Me: Sometimes.
- Long Hair Is Feminine: Hitomi in the future, in the epilogue after her good ending where she doesn't end up with any of the guys.
- Luminescent Blush: Whenever one of the guys gets close to her.
- Naïve Everygirl: Hitomi has many elements of this.
- Secret Keeper: To a few of the guys, to varying extents.
- Rapunzel Hair: In the future of her solo good ending.
- Sweet Tooth: It lead to her being obese.
- ¡Three Amigos!: With Rie and Yuu.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Hitomi is a Rank A.
Ren is the most popular guy at St. Reef, and is a third year. He is widely regarded as perfect, due to his handsomeness, proficiency in everything he does and wealth. It comes as no surprise that the female students are drawn to him, but very few dare to actually approach him, as Ren is just as well-known for being ice cold as he is perfect. An aloof, rigid perfectionist with a razor-sharp tongue, he seems to have no qualms about verbalising the coldest of opinions and observations. Ren is the rudest to Hitomi out of the Popular 5; reasoning this by claiming to detest those who cannot manage themselves properly. When he starts to see Hitomi working hard with her diet, Ren begins to see her in a different light, but nevertheless, maintains his trademark frosty attitude. He is widely considered to be the most difficult character to complete.
- The Ace: Ren is said to be able to do anything to perfection, in addition to his good looks.
- Big Man on Campus: As the #1 most popular guy in the entire school.
- Death Glare: Hitomi has noted along the lines of being able to feel his "glares burning into her".
- Earn Your Happy Ending: As Ren is widely considered to be the most difficult catch.
- Everyone Loves Blondes: He's the only blond out of the 9 obtainable guys, and he's the most popular in-game.
- It's All My Fault: He isn't as dramatic about it like most characters that fit this trope. You learn that his younger (non-blood related) brother, Rin, died in an accident whilst waiting for Ren. Ren blames himself for Rin's death as Ren chose to not show up, in addition to not contacting Rin about planning to never show up. Rin's death still bothers Ren very much to this day.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: This is most evident on his route, but you can see elements of this in other small events involving him. An example of this is when you bump into Ren and Kaede at the Rose Garden beauty parlour. Ren said he followed Kaede because Kaede looked lost. When Kaede says that he is lost, and mentions how nice Ren is, Ren threatens to leave him to his own devices, but Kaede mentions how he knows Ren would never do that. Ren doesn't reply.
- Lack of Empathy: Towards Hitomi at first, when he thinks she is nothing but a fat, lazy slob.
- Luminescent Blush: VERY rarely.
- More Than Meets the Eye: At first, Ren seems like just another typical "perfect mean guy", but although he tries to put on the act that it doesn't bother him, Ren is still (silently) agonising over his younger brother Rin's death (in which he believes it to be his responsibility).
- Nintendo Hard: Some players consider completing his routes to be so.
- No Sympathy: When it comes to Hitomi's weight.
- Parental Neglect: More his adoptive mother than father.
- Sick Episode: Hitomi gives Ren a hand when he gets a high fever.
The next most popular guy in school after Ren, Masaki is a second year who's always seen with a megawatt smile and is also Hitomi's classmate and a member of the soccer club. Aside from his good looks, he is popular inside and outside of their class thanks to his cheerful, kind and "refreshing" attitude towards everybody. An animal lover, Masaki hopes to become a vet someday. He owns a dog named Stein, with whom he has a very strong mutual bond with.
- Despair Event Horizon: When Masaki lived in New York, his best friend Yuuki and him were attacked by armed robbers in a store. Out of fear, Yuuki left Masaki on his own. Masaki would have been in deeper trouble if it weren't for his dog, Stein, saving his life. Ever since, Masaki no longer trusts anybody, even his parents, and adopted his current personality in order stay on good terms with people. In his epilogue, you learn that even years after coming to trust Hitomi, Masaki still hasn't come to trust anybody else.
- Eagle Land: Due to his parents' work, Masaki lived in New York for most of his childhood. He returns to America to attend uni when studying to become a vet.
- Gender-Blender Name: Though female Masakis are rare.
- Life of the Party: Considered to be this trope by his classmates. It's later revealed to be an act.
- More Than Meets the Eye: Masaki puts up a "nice guy" facade to keep up his relations with people when his true self trusts nobody and borderlines on misanthropic.
- Nice Guy: Considered to be one of his best traits. Until Hitomi learns it's fake.
- Single-Issue Psychology: Masaki's entire outlook on life is based on his one traumatic experience. Masaki ceased to trust anybody from that day onwards.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: His type of red does not occur naturally.
Even though he is a first year, Souta is already ranked the third most popular guy at St Reef. Souta is the only one out of the Popular 5 who (somewhat mysteriously) treats Hitomi in a very positive manner from the beginning of the game. Good at any sport he attempts, all of St. Reefs sporting clubs wanted him to join when they heard of his skills, but Souta ended up choosing the Theatre Club because Hitomi is also a member. He is generally bubbly, childish and likes the company of people, but is cold to the members of his fan club, as he is fed up with them constantly fawning over him. Like Hitomi, Souta loves snacks and always keeps an eye and ear out for anything new to try out and share with her, even knowing of and being supportive of her diet (insisting "weight doesn't matter").
- Chick Magnet: Though Souta isn't pleased at all- he openly shows his frustration with the girls in his fan club.
- The Hat Makes the Man: Souta's sun visor is typically found on characters that love sports... and guess what Souta loves?
- Luminescent Blush: Not as much as the other guys, though.
- Married to the Job: His parents are.
- Meaningful Name: His name is most likely a pun on the "Shota" from "Shotacon" to reflect him being the youngest-looking and his childish demeanour. "Shotacon" itself is dervied from "Shoutarou Complex", which is a Japanese slang to describe individuals attracted to younger boys or works containing themes of such an attraction.
- More Than Meets the Eye: He's not as much of a happy-chappy as he may seem. His desire to be around people all the time comes from hating to be alone because since he was little, his parents were always working and he often ended up by himself. He also can't sleep without hearing somebody else's voice.
- Nice Guy: One of the few guys to actually be polite to Hitomi at first.
- Nice Hat: Souta is rarely seen without his sun visor.
- Older Than They Look: To some, Souta looks more like a primary school child, but he's a first year high school student. If you take his birthday and the start of the Japanese school year into account (both of which is in April), he should be 15-years-old.
- Perpetual Smiler
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Always the Red Oni whenever paired with anybody else.
- Unwanted Harem: And how! Souta has no qualms letting his female fans know about it.
The fourth most popular, and is also a first year like Souta- though the opposition of their personalities is like day and night. Similar to Ren, Kennosuke is known for being mature and reserved, though the two do have notable differences. Rather than being cold, Kennosuke is just quiet and shy by nature, in addition to being stalwart, stoic and taciturn. Much to the disappointment of his many female fans, Kennosuke has barely any interest in love, and especially, older women. Kennosuke is a member of the basketball club. Hitomi soon learns that he is the son of a Yakuza gang and its heir; even being trained by his father to become a suitable one. However, Kennosuke has his own ambitions in mind.
- Even the Guys Want Him: In an optional event at the wholesale store, Hitomi bumps into Kennosuke shopping there, and notices the male (cross-dressing) shop owner ogling him.
- Fan Nickname: Ken or Ken-chan.
- Goal in Life: It's revealed that his absolute goal is to become a pâtissier (pastry chef). He's especially reluctant to reveal this to his father, since his dad is a boss of a Yakuza and wants Kennousuke to be its heir.
- Real Men Cook: Not how he sees his passion of cooking pastries and sweets.
- Unwanted Harem: Much politer about it than Ren and Souta.
- Younger Than They Look: Kennosuke's appearance and maturity makes him seem older, but he's a first year like Souta.
The fifth most popular guy, Ayato is Hitomi's gentle, soft-spoken and warm upperclassman of one year. A bit of a flirt, his calm demeanour and silken words makes him especially popular amongst the female students. The son of an accomplished author, his father's career influenced him to love reading, especially mystery novels (a genre in which his father specialises in). As a result, Ayato is a member of the school's book/literature club, and is very knowledgeable about various works across all genres. He's also very good with languages, being able to understand English and Russian quite proficiently. Ayato is sickly; having a weak body prone to anaemia and light-headedness.
- Bad End: Though officially the "friendship ending", it's strongly implied that Ayato succumbs to his illness in this ending, so it is considered a "bad" end.
- Curtains Match the Window: Depending on the artwork.
- Incurable Cough of Death: However, a cure is found in his epilogue.
- Lap Pillow: If Hitomi picks Ayato to go to the summer vacation trip with her, he uses Hitomi as one.
- Luminescent Blush: To a much lesser extent than some of the others, though.
Kaede is a transfer student that moves into Hitomi's class around week 2 of the game- slowly getting used to life at a new home and new school. His intelligence, politeness and refined appearance belies his clumisness, no sense of direction and all-around oddness. In spite of those drawbacks, Kaede is a kind and docile soul. He's proud of his beautiful long hair, and apparently takes great care in its upkeep. He's always seen with Yurika, who seems to have a fairly obvious crush on him, but it's unknown if he noticed or has reciprocated her feelings. Kaede became a member of the Kadou (flower arrangement) club due to Yurika's influence. He is an avid reader, and can sometimes be seen talking about literature with Ayato- the two seem to get along.
- Bishōnen: A classic example.
- Ditzy Genius: Kaede is very book smart, but is clumsy and directionally-challenged.
- More Than Meets the Eye: He is actually a highly efficient and remorseless assassin that is currently Yurika's bodyguard.
- No Sense of Direction: Kaede, very much so! He lives in a mansion within walking distance of his school, but still managed to get so lost on the way home that he caught a train in the complete opposite direction, then realised he needed to go back in the right direction- so he caught another train- but missed his stop because he was so immersed in his reading. By the time he got home, it was around midnight.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Purple Hair
Hitomi's childhood friend. Since his father is a manga artist, and his mother is a cosplayer, Tooru himself grew to love anime and manga- becoming a member of the school's anime/manga club. Other than anime and manga, Tooru is a keen moviegoer, and is interested in cinematography and filmography. It's strongly hinted that he has harboured feelings for Hitomi since they were little. Thanks to Hitomi's indirect influence, Tooru decided that he also wanted to lose weight and goes on a diet. Docile, mild-mannered and timid, Tooru is very humble when receiving compliments. Truly a kind person, he constantly worries about Hitomi overdoing her diet and exercise. He briefly leaves to go to the U.S. to follow his dream of working in anime and film.
- Acrofatic: Shown to be this on his route during the events of sports day.
- Childhood Friend Romance: If you go on his love ending route.
- Eagle Land: Tooru eventually goes to the U.S. for a while to do some small work in a major production.
- Fat Best Friend: Type B, of Hitomi's.
- Formerly Fat: [[spoiler: On his love ending route.
- Otaku: He's a part of the anime/manga club.
Ryuutarou is St. Reef's blunt and "rebellious" school doctor that has no problem smoking in the infirmary he handles. Because of his casual attitude towards the finer aspects of his job, Ryuutarou often ends up getting on the other teachers' bad sides. Despite his frankness and rude tendencies, he is quite capable in his field and is serious about treating the students. His brash exterior hides his genuinely caring, helpful and warm nature. He is one of the two (the other being Takashi) people that helps Hitomi prepare her diet menu and exercise plans. Outside of work, he loves to drink (particularly beer), and smoke some more. He's never seen without his trademark headphones.
- The Alcoholic: Implied more than explicitly shown.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Though Ryuutarou isn't really "bad".
- The Big Guy: At 186cm, he's the second tallest out of the obtainable guys (just a centimeter shorter than Onii-chan).
- Chick Magnet: Not to the crazy, ravenous extent as the Popular 5, but Ryuutarou has no shortage of ladies wanting him.
- Fan Nickname: Ryuu, Ryuu-chan or Sensei.
- Headphones = Isolation: Averted. He nearly always has them on, except in his own words, "when in the bath or going to sleep" and hints (based on him jokingly propositioning Hitomi along the lines of if she wants to "see for herself when else they come off") at not having them on during "other activities". Despite this, he's quite in tune with everything around him.
- School Nurse: The School Doctor
Hitomi's very obviously siscon older brother. He is better known and more commonly referred to as "Onii-chan" (which is an affectionate Japanese word for "older brother"). Though Takashi is hotblooded and has a tendency to jump to (silly) conclusions, he is nevertheless, a caring, reliable and supportive man. Takashi also functions as the mansion's manager, and is the go-to guy for its residents when it comes to mansion-related issues. Completely dedicated to helping Hitomi (and to her, in general), he is one of the two (the other being Ryuutarou) people that assists her with planning her diet and exercise routines. At the end of every month, he gives you 5,000 Yen and provides you with a progress report detailing how well your current stats mirror the guys' stat requirements and how much they like you.
- The Ace: According to Shinobu, a friend from Takashi's uni days. He describes Takashi as having "everything", since Takashi is good-looking, smart, rich and popular with women.
- Big Brother Instinct: In a non-romantic way... until you do Onii-chan's route.
- The Big Guy: Onii-chan stands the tallest at 187cm/6'2".
- Bishōnen: Biseinen
- Chick Magnet: More like Clueless Chick Magnet, since he doesn't seem to notice.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: Not so much Onii-chan's stat requirements, but the fact that you have to complete at least two whole playthroughs to get his endings and all of his C Gs.
- Fan Nickname: Onii-chan.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Takashi easily gets jealous. In addition, his lovers ending becomes impossible if you closely interact with other guys and if you have an SD Doll of a guy other than himself.
- He Cleans Up Nicely: Takashi already is popular with women, but is said to have a "slack" fashion sense. When he tries on a suit, even Hitomi is awed by how much more handsome he appears by dressing better.
- Hot-Blooded: A classic example!
- Hot Springs Episode: If the player chooses to not go on a trip with the other 8 guys, Hitomi goes with Onii-chan to the hot springs.
- Large Ham: Mostly when he's around Hitomi. Especially when he gets hot-blooded.
- Love Confession: Depending on how you interpret his ending, though it is considered by a vast majority of fans to be one.
- Modesty Towel: When at the hot springs with Hitomi, she faints due to overheating and he wears one and rushes to save her.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!: Onii-chan doesn't outright tell this to anybody, but this is his attitude.
- Third-Person Person: When around Hitomi, Takashi refers to himself as "Onii-chan".
Hitomi's proud and wealthy classmate. She is beautiful to the point that flowers emerge around her, and as a result, Yurika is very popular with the male students. Though her manner of speech is polite and her appearance is refined, Yurika doesn't hesitate to say the rudest of things with a soft smile. Because she behaves differently towards guys, she is the type to be disliked by girls. It is thought that her catty behaviour towards Hitomi stems from jealousy. Since the day Kaede transferred to St. Reef, she is often seen with him. Apparently, through her parents' business relations with Ren's parents, she is always invited to the Ichinose family's annual Christmas ball. She's a member of the Kadou (flower arrangement) club.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: She acts like an innocent and polite girl around boys, but is a complete bitch to girls (especially Hitomi).
- Bodyguard Crush: Her crush on Kaede.
- Brutal Honesty: Her insults to Hitomi can be interpreted as such. Especially when she was confronted by Hitomi earlier on in the school year (you can see this event if you choose to eat the Madeleine you received from Ryuutarou on the school roof).
- Establishing Character Moment: When the player first comes across Yurika, she insults Hitomi for her weight. Yurika pretty much solidified herself as the token bitchy rival typical in otome games.
- Flower Motifs: The "Yuri" in "Yurika" means "lily" in Japanese. In some C Gs, Yurika is seen with lillies blossoming around her to signify her beauty.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Why Yurika is thought to particularly pick on Hitomi. Like most girls at St. Reef, she is jealous of Hitomi living so close to the Popular 5- though she does not show this or isn't as jealous as the other girls. Doing Kaede's route hints at her becoming especially more jealous as Kaede and Hitomi grow closer.
- Love Confession: To Kaede. Hitomi walks in on her confessing.
- Luminescent Blush: When Kaede saves her from the kidnappers in Italy.
- Meaningful Name: Possibly, Yurika's last name, "Toujou", is a pun on the Japanese word for "arrival", which is also pronounced "toujou". Her last name is most likely a reference to her tendency to seemingly appear out of nowhere. Also, the "Yuri" in "Yurika" means "lily" in Japanese. The "ka" in her first name means "fragrance or aroma". In some C Gs featuring Yurika, she is seen with lillies blossoming around her to symbolise her beauty.
One of Hitomi's best friends, Rie has a refreshing personality that draws those around to her. Rie is a caring and kind soul that always looks out for Hitomi. Good at taking care of people, she is supportive of Hitomi's diet and love life. She is often seen with Hitomi and Yuu, as the three tend to move together as though they were one.
Another one of Hitomi's best friends, she is often seen hanging around with her and Rie. Yuu has a clam and relaxed personality, and like Rie, is just as supportive of Hitomi's diet and love life. She looks as though she is off with the fairies, or otherwise, not paying much attention, but she is actually quite level-headed and reliable. Her hobby is shopping.