Born in 1965, Mami Kingetsu is a seiyuu currently affiliated with Aoni Production. When she was little, she was an active child actor at theatres, and it's during her time at Tokyo's seiyuu management office Oosawa that she got the role that made her career literally jump (and which nowadays still is her most memorable role), Shiori Fujisaki, the heroine of the famous Dating Sim Tokimeki Memorial.
During the peak of success of Tokimeki Memorial (around 1995-1997), she went to study as an international student at Eastern Michigan University, and thus frequently went to and fro from Japan to USA. In 2002, she announced to her fan club her marriage.
She's mainly known for playing orthodox-school heroines, but also plays here and there middle-aged women and witches roles, and rather well at that ; however, she doesn't have a very wide list of roles compared to her peers. That being said, she's more prolific as a singer, and has recorded quite a number of songs; and in 2012, she formed with fellow voice actress and singer Mariko Kouda a band called MK-Connection, releasing together two albums so far.
Notable Roles by Mami Kingetsu:
- Alice in Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
- Original Kanonno in Tales of the World Radiant Mythology 3
- Berial in Parodius
- Celine Jules in Star Ocean EX
- Da Ji in Warriors Orochi
- Deneb Rhobe, Shelley Foriner and Oxyones Lavin in Tactics Ogre
- Izumi Himuro in Princess Nine
- Jin in Gokudo
- Nagisa Shiozaki in Yume De Aetara
- Natalie Roman in SoltyRei
- Li Xiangfei in Fatal Fury
- Maki Kawazaki in Burn Up Excess
- Miharu in Gasaraki
- Miss Merry Christmas, Stussy, And Charlotte Compote in One Piece
- Selfi Rode in Azure Dreams
- Shiori Fujisaki in Tokimeki Memorial
- Takako Kawai in Ring Ni Kakero 1: Shadow Hen