open/close all folders
Shanna BlairShe's really Daimakaicho Hild. Or is she?
Darnell BurkeA popular, outgoing young man who spent his weekends volunteering at the local firehouse. Upon waking from his coma, he became cold and withdrawn to just about everyone except a single person. His true identity is Isa. Or is it?
~TRISTAN CARINO~, THE FOLDER
~TRISTAN CARINO~, THE SUBCATEGORYA man with many subtitles and twice as many women on his cell phone contact list. He and his uncle are a duo of ladykillers. He's a law student currently, but after the incident he started acting...well...odd. Now he's claiming he's a turtle named Donatello. Needless to say his uncle is annoyed.
- Anything That Moves: If his books are any indication. Not anymore, of course.
- His player as confirmed as much.
- Cool Uncle/Creepy Uncle
- Explosive Overclocking: So many girls called his cell phone asking for a Valentine's Day it overheated and exploded.
- Genius Bruiser: Somehow became this after waking up.
- Parental Neglect: Confirmed by the player.
Rachel CasinoShe's really Sara Sidle. Or so she thinks.
Chloe KostA teenager with a passion for technical, hands-on problem solving who enjoys adventurous daydreaming with the company of her friends. While not the most open and outgoing teenager, arguably due to the loss of her parents in an accident only a few years back, Chloe still wanted to make something of herself. This included moving from her aunt's to live with Tiffany for the sake of her current shadow project. Could her real self be Xion, or was that just a dream?
They are The Clan. They are many and seem to be among the Blue Blood families of Kon Ran, and as a result have some influence over the Viceroy. Said family is implied to have members with questionable judgement due to the family's reaction towards the imprisonment of one of their own. An unusually higher proportion of them have been affected by the Incident. Word of God suggests that they are in fact the same Oppenheimer family that are diamond moguls in the real world.
Arthur OppenheimerA kindly, eccentric history professor at one of the universities, Arthur was the third Oppenheimer to awaken from his coma. He's adjusted relatively well to his new/old life, though he sometimes suffers relapses. His true identity is the Eighth Doctor. Or is it?
- Absent-Minded Professor: To the point where he sometimes forgets exactly which university he works at.
- Actor Allusion: His mun plays the Eleventh Doctor in Paixao. Both have made a comment regarding coming up with implausible theories concerning the lifespans of chickens.
- Badass Bookworm
- Badass in Distress: He's rescued by Liz and Casey.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Yes.
- Cain and Abel: He's the Abel to Jesse's Cain. Interestingly, it wasn't always like this...
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: It would appear the coma messed with his brain.
- Cool Teacher: Ever since awakening from his coma, he's been a lot less like Ben Stein on sedatives.
- Cool Uncle: Becomes this to Casey after taking him in.
- Happily Married: He was this with Karen Oppenheimer before his coma.
- I Know Venusian Aikido
- The Insomniac: Due to staying with Casey whenever he has his nightmares.
- Major Injury Underreaction: Prone to this.
- Nice Guy
- Papa Wolf
- Shrinking Violet: He was this, before the coma. Now he's distinctly more cheerful and outgoing.
- Team Mom: Yes, really.
- Tranquil Fury: When confronted by his brother.
- White Sheep: He's easily the nicest member of the family (those who've entered comas, that is).
- You Shall Not Pass!: pulls this when Jesse threatens Casey.
- Heroic Sacrifice: He doesn't die, but he does allow himself to be beaten nearly to death to give his household a chance to escape.
Jesse OppenheimerA single father and ghostwriter who works from home. After becoming the first Oppenheimer to awaken from his coma, he seems to have adjusted fairly well to his "real" life, though he has become noticeably more reclusive. His main problem appears to be figuring out how to handle his teenage son Casey, with whom he shared a slightly strained relationship even prior to his illness. He was recently in prison for the kidnapping and Cold-Blooded Torture of Sally Ross and Casey Oppenheimer, but the charges were cleared. He's really Mechakara. Or is he?
- Amnesiac Dissonance: After the Doctor reprograms him, he takes up the name Pollo again and becomes nearly the exact opposite of who he was. For now.
- Berserk Button: Don't even let him think you're patronizing him.
- Beware the Quiet Ones
- Applies to both his original and rewritten personalities, interestingly.
- Cain and Abel: The Cain to Arthur's Abel. It never used to be like that, however...
- Deadpan Snarker
- FaceHeel Turn: From a loving father and brother to... well.
- House Husband: Was this before his illness, though lately he's been more involved in his basement renovation project than anything else...
- I Hate Past Me: After Pollo finds out about his past actions.
- I Was Just Joking: During their first conversation, Arther took his plans for Oppenheimer world dominance a little "too" seriously. Except not really.
- No Social Skills: After coming out of his coma.
- Psychopathic Manchild
- Romancing The Widower: Attempted by his neighbor, Kate, who has so far been unsuccessful.
- Torture Cellar: Much to everyone's horror, this is what he was working on all this time in his basement.
Sally RossA quiet woman who, before the incident, worked as a judge for over three years, until after her recent kidnapping. She was one of the first to awaken from her coma, and has since become suspicious, sarcastic and even somewhat aggressive. She seems absolutely convinced that whatever she experienced in her coma was real and intends to find a way to return to it. She's actually Iron Liz. Or so she thinks.
- Action Girl
- Asleep for Days: When she was finally sent home from the hospital after her kidnapping, she was so physically and emotionally exhausted that she passed out in the car as Rob drove her home and didn't get back on the network for several days. It was probably the most sleep she had gotten in a long time.
- Big Damn Heroes: When Arthur is menaced by Jesse, who should show up in the nick of time to save him but her?
- Bookworm: Her entire life. Lately she seems to have more interest in rulebooks for tabletop roleplaying games.
- Catapult Nightmare: Sally woke up from her coma screaming. Who can blame her after dreaming about being absorbed by a horrific Elder God?
- Declaration of Protection: The promise she made to Dr. Kwan shortly after she was rescued from Jesse when he revealed some information about the incident that caused her condition.
- In fact, ever since her kidnapping she has become extremely protective of her peers, sometimes to the point of desperation when disaster strikes.
- Drop the Hammer: Does this to Jesse.
- I Should Have Been Better: Sally was extremely brave and determinedly active during the bomb threat from the KIM, driving straight into danger and doing her best to make sure everybody she loved got out safely. But Chloe Kost's bomb detonated while she was too far away and too tired to come help. Tear Jerker ensues.
- Married to the Job: Subverted; before the incident, her boyfriend Robert would often find playful means of distracting her when she was getting too involved in her work.
- Pungeon Master: Not very often, but she is known to occasionally spout of bad puns.
- Sleeping Single: Ever since she came back from the hospital, she'd taken to sleeping on the couch because she's not comfortable sharing a bed with the boyfriend she doesn't remember. More recently they moved a separate bed into the apartment's office so she at least has somewhere comfortable to sleep.
- The Insomniac: Sally has admitted to not sleeping well since she left the hospital. It could be because she's sleeping on the couch instead of in her bed, or the stress of trying to re-adapt to her normal life.
- The Judge: Formerly her profession, though she recently resigned for personal reasons.
Jared ScottA young, sociable (if kind of a jerkish) man that barely made his way out of high school who worked as a realtor before his coma. Since he's woken up, his IQ has rocketed and his social skills have dropped considerably, to the point where he pretty much ragequit his job first day back. He's also developed a bit of an attitude. He's really Neku Sakuraba. Or is he?
- Emo Teen: Only after the coma, especially after that incident with KIM and the bombs...
- Jerkass -> Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Jared, though social and pretty charming when he wanted to be, was kind of a jerk in reality. After his coma, he's still a bit of a jerk, but seems to be way less malicious about it.
Nathanial WernerHe's actually Vyers. Or is he?
Ann JinThe Viceroy of Kon Ran, who is adored by all of her subjects and rules with a kind heart. Or does she...?
- Ambiguous Gender: While the Viceroy is referred to as female, it's hard to miss the uncanny resemblance she has to a certain dead male pop star. Her username is also "executivetransvestite." She can easily cross into the territory of Creepy Crossdresser with some of her actions.
- Its much more likely that she is actually Transgender, since she is very rarely referred to as a he despite the obvious icons, and the mods almost always correct themselves when they do accidentally refer to the Viceroy as a he.
- Fluffy the Terrible: Her beloved pet, Alice, is actually a Heartless.
- Royal Blood: Stated during her first meeting with Yuna.
- Stepford Smiler: The jury's out on the details, but she's shown signs of being a very scary Type C.
- Try to Fit THAT on a Business Card!: Implicitly implied - and played straight - since the Viceroy introduces herself as Her Imperial Highness Ann Jin Aisin-Gioro, Viceroy of the Special Administrative Region of Kon Ran. Given the nature of royal names, that might be only be the tip of the iceberg of her full name. If she's telling the truth, that is.
Dr. Lisa Owens/ Karen Oppenheimer
- Big, Screwed-Up Family: She's really an Oppenheimer.
- Brainwashed: On account of going into deep cover in order to keep an eye on Dr. Kwan.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer
- Deadpan Snarker
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Towards both Li and Arthur. There's a reason for the latter.
- Dr. Jerk
- Fair Cop: Formerly.
- Happily Married: To Arthur.
- Mean Boss
- Tomato in the Mirror: Gets hit with this upon learning from Arthur that she's an Oppenheimer.
- Ultimate Job Security: The way she acts, she should have at least been reprimanded by now. Luckily for her, her job has Plot Armor, at least for now.
Dr. Ang Kwan
- My Greatest Failure: We're not sure what it is, but it's there.
- Nice Guy
- Noodle Incident: Now slightly un-Noodled.
Dr. Victor Nolan
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: A doctor who knows is also a huge history buff.
- We Will All Be History Buffs In Kon Ran As Long As Victor Nolan Is Around
Li OppenheimerKon Ran's chief of police.
- Big Brother Instinct: Towards Arthur, and possibly Jesse, once upon a time.
- Big Damn Hero: his team showing up to rescue Sally Ross could not have had better timing.
- Da Chief
- Fair Cop
- Police State /Secret Police
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Well, he tries to be...
FayA gamer girl from Beijing who hacked into the comm system by mistake near the end of March. An avid player of the MMO Armageddist who seems to know something about the situation in Kon Ran. If only she wasn't disconnected before she could tell them more. Perhaps she'll be seen around again?
The KIMA terrorist organization that hates the Viceroy and intends to overthrow her. They are completely anonymous when they speak, the voice electronically distorted and referring to itself as "we," and not even the other members know who exactly is in charge. They can and will resort to violence to make their demands known, and indeed have on several occasions. They are so dangerous that even speaking to them is a criminal offense punishable by death.
KateJesse Oppenheimer's awkward but attractive next door neighbor. She has a crush on Jesse, whose son Casey has been trying to set them up.
- Girl Next Door
- Literally Loving Thy Neighbor
- Put on a Bus: She hasn't been heard from ever since Jesse went off the hinges.
Robert RobinsonSally Ross's boyfriend. A sweet, playful, redheaded family man who met Sally in their last year of school. They've been dating for six years, living together for three. The situation between them has been a lot cooler since the incident, but he hopes that soon she'll be back to normal and they can rekindle their relationship. As it stands, the two of them are still living together but have put the relationship on hold.
- False Soulmate: Ever since Sally came back from the hospital she's been distant and seems to not even love Rob anymore, even after six years.
- Nice Guy
- Non-Action Guy
Casey OppenheimerJesse Oppenheimer's son. A senior in high school, Casey always rebuffed his uncool dad's attempts to form a closer relationship with him. Since the illness, though, he's begun to be intrigued by Jesse's odd behavior and - though he'd never admit it - a little concerned. He's too fun-loving and relaxed to worry "too" much about it, though; his dad's always been a little weird anyway, right? Nobody suspected this level of weird, though.]He's been living with his Cool Uncle ever since, though he doesn't remember when Arthur stopped being so boring...
- Blood-Splattered Innocents: When Jesse gets shot by Sally.
- Break the Cutie: After his father kidnapped and tortured him and Sally Ross. It's a situation that he is quite clearly not coping well with. Not only that, but in the past, he had to deal with both Jesse and Arthur slipping into comas in rapid succession, leaving him alone.
- Candid Camera Prank: Together with his Valentine's Day matchmaking attempt. It was the only part that actually worked as intended.
- Distressed Dude
- Face Your Fears: Sure, he's terrified of his insane father, but that won't stop him from, say, knocking him out with a wrench in order to save his uncle.
- The Insomniac: Ever since his dad went Ax-Crazy and tortured him and Sally Ross to near death, Casey has been having nightmares so severe he barely gets any sleep.
- The Matchmaker: He tries, for his dad. It didn't work.
- Trauma Conga Line: And how!