Iron Liz is a video reviewer who primarily reviews Tabletop RPGs. She became well-known for her appearances on Atop the Fourth Wall alongside Linkara, her former real-life boyfriend. She and Linkara also collaborated on card gamesplays such as Yu-Gi-Oh! and Sailor Moon in You're Such a Card...Game!. She recently started a companion series called Card Dregs, which features weird and bad Collectible Card Games.
Liz was a member of Spoony's Campaign, in which she played a Cleric; she then became the DM of an AD&D campaign with others from TGWTG and LordKaT's stream. The first few sessions were not streamed or put online, but for a time were posted to her blog (now deleted). A wiki for the campaign can be found here. Liz also ran a Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay game with her friend Kari.
She used to be found on That Guy with the Glasses, but has since left the site. (Apparently, she's gone back to school to become a police officer.) Since her parting with Lewis, and the end of Channel Awesome as a significant website, Liz doesn't have much of an online presence anymore. Her only presence seems to be a rarely used YouTube account.
Tropes associated with Iron Liz include:
- Action Girl: Iron Liz would like to introduce you to her two friends. -ahem-
- Dark Action Girl: Judas Liz.
- Almighty Janitor: Her Real Life paying job (for a time) after she left retail.
- Battle Couple: Linkara and Iron Liz, as proven in the Ewoks # 9 review.
- Be Yourself: Harvey Finevoice's advice to her in Ewoks #9, when she was trying too hard to fill in for Linkara. She took the advice and has been herself ever since, to the delight of fans. (Well, except when she's being other people, but that's to be expected.)
- Bifauxnen: Iron Liz passes off as rather androgynous at first glance, and her voice does not help matters much, but upon closer examination her gender makes itself known.
- Borrowed Catch Phrase: "RPG history you don't care about but need to know in order to understand this!"
- Break the Cutie: She was a huge Star Wars fan, getting into it through the second edition of the Star Wars RPG. Then, slowly, the movies started to literally cause her mental duress leading up to her playing the third edition of the Star Wars RPG. According to her, that was the straw that broke the camel's back.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: She was a major part of Linkara's Atop the Fourth Wall cast when they were together. Her absence since the end of their relationship has not been acknowledged in the show's plot.
- Compensating for Something: Iron Liz notes the extremely long silencer in Chain Gang War #1.
- Cosplay: Happens in her reviews, e.g. in Star Trek uniforms.
- Crossover: Iron Liz joined forces with Obscurus Lupa to review the unintentionally horrifying children's movie Gooby.
- ...And later on, Liz roped Lupa into reviewing mermaid horror B-movie She Creature with her, as payback.
- Does Not Like Guns: Possibly. When battling Lord Vyce, Linkara has his Magic Gun, Harvey Finevoice has his Tommy Gun, 90's Kid has his chaingun, Ensign Monroe has his phaser, and Iron Liz has... swords.
- Specifically, they are replicas of Drizzt Do'Urden's magic scimitars. She does review tabletop Role Playing Games, after all.
- Fanservice: Her second Card Dregs certainly delivers, which she lampshades.
- Furry Fandom: A skunk in her Ironclaw review.
- Gratuitous Ninja: The Ninja-Style Dancer shows up out of nowhere in her review of Chain Gang War #1 to ensure that the review doesn't fail.
- Heavy Metal: Her music of choice. (Her name is a Shout-Out to Iron Maiden, after all.)
- Official Couple: Formerly with Linkara. They have since broken up, but are still on good terms.
- Phrase Catcher: Linkara's dry "I have to live with her, folks" whenever she cracks a particularly bad pun in "You're Such a Card... Game".
- Discontinued in more recent times (for obvious reasons).
- Pungeon Master: Not on AT4W, but during her appearances in other TGWTG streams (especially JewWario's), she was known for cracking a lot of puns. Also does this a lot in "You're Such a Card Game."
- Transgender: She revealed on LordKaT's livestream podcast that she was assigned male at birth, and identified as a trans woman most of her life. (Since she finished transitioning in 2014, she no longer uses the label.)
- Shared Universe: Because she was on Channel Awesome, and did frequent cameos and crossovers, her persona is part of the Reviewaverse.
- Shout-Out: She does Shout Outs to Diamanda Hagan and The Bunny Perspective here.
- Squee!: In her premiere episode on That Guy With The Glasses, regarding Bruce Campbell in Evil Dead 2.
- Video Review Show: Her work.
- Woman of a Thousand Voices: Her vocal range allows her to pull off both male and female characters pretty well. (Ironically, her male voices sound quite natural, but her female voices don't work as well.)
- Yaoi Fangirl: The fact that she actually enjoyed reading Slash Fic about her ex-boyfriend probably goes a long way to explaining her popularity with the TGWTG fangirls.