Characters: Aquarion Evol
A list of characters appearing in Aquarion Evol
open/close all folders
Voiced by: Yuuki Kaji
(Japanese), Christopher Bevins (English)
A boy with the power of levitation amplified by intense emotions. Once shunned as a child due to his powers, he has since started wearing boots inlaid with pockets with which he can place weights so as to keep him aground every time. A chance encounter with Mikono, however, ultimately forces him to start embracing his powers.
- Accidental Pervert
- All the Other Reindeer: Suffered a moderate one as a child when his levitation powers went off in the middle of a group of kids, hence the reason he wears pocketed boots with which he can place weights.
- Always Save the Girl
- Animals Hate Him: At least Shu-Shu does.
- Betty and Veronica: The Betty to Kagura's Veronica for Mikono, and the Archie to Mikono's Betty and Zessica's Veronica.
- Birds of a Feather: With Mikono.
- Butt Monkey: Got threatened by Cayenne with a beatdown twice, getting his ass sniped by Donar for floating around too much, and getting teased a lot by Zessica? The poor boy's got a tough life ahead. And that's not to mention frequent misunderstandings with Mikono.
- Cain and Abel: With Kagura.
- Chick Magnet/Mr. Fanservice: Many a female classmate squeed at the sight of him baring his chest by tearing off his Vector suit in Episode 8 to increase his sensitivity to Jin's missiles and thus learn how to evade them more efficiently.
- Contrasting Sequel Main Character
- Cowardly Lion: He's rather timid and shy compared to the other male characters, but when push comes to shove, he can be just as Hot-Blooded as them.
- Cursed with Awesome
- Declaration of Protection: He tells Mikono he will protect her.
- Dogged Nice Guy: Towards Mikono.
- The Dulcinea Effect: Towards Mikono. Probably justified, since she is the reincarnation of his lover.
- Everyone Can See It: His UST with Mikono.
- Fingerless Gloves
- The Hero
- Heroic Bystander: Initially, he was just that guy working in a movie theatre before he gets thrown into the cockpit and saves everyone.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Initially. After joining Neo DEAVA he starts accepting his powers, knowing there are other teens like him.
- Instant Expert: After one small lesson from Zessica, he pilots Aquarion rather well for the first time in his life.
- Luminescent Blush
- Missing Mom/Parental Abandonment: His mother is none other than Alicia.
- Nice Guy
- Oblivious to Love: Towards Zessica.
- Power Gives You Wings
- Purple Eyes
- Psychoactive Powers: They're connected to his emotions.
- Reincarnation: Of Winged Hound Pollon/Apollo.
- Reincarnation Romance: With Mikono.
- Red-Headed Hero
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Andy's red. Also the blue to Kagura's red.
- Running Gag: Take a shot every time his power activates.
- Screw Destiny: Does not believe that Kagura and Mikono are destined for each other because they are the reincarnations of Apollon and Sylvie, and that Mikono won't choose him because of this fact. It turns out that he's actually right: Kagura is his Enemy Without, created by Mykage when he abducted Alicia.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: The sensitive guy to Andy's manly man.
- Shot in the Ass: Courtesy of Donar. Poor boy.
- Tarot Motifs: Is associated with the Jack of Clubs.
- This Loser Is You: Initially. As of Episode 8, he has graduated into one of Neo DEAVA's Chick Magnets.
- Twice Shy: With Mikono.
- Unlucky Everydude
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: With Mikono.
A girl hailing from a well-respected family of Element Users who is apparently born without any powers, causing her to become a withdrawn, shy girl who has to rely on her older brother Cayenne. After being saved by Amata, she ends up joining him at Neo DEAVA, whose higher-ups speculate that she may have the power to amplify the Aquarion. She also has a pet rabbit named Shu-Shu, who can hide in her hair like an accessory.
- Abusive Parents: Her father is verbally abusive anyway, after he finds out that she's been enrolled in Neo DEAVA (18 episodes later, mind you), his response is basically, "What the heck is she doing with Cayenne? She's useless after all."
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: She's attracted to Kagura.
- Always Someone Better: How she feels about her brother Cayenne, who according to her, has everything.
- Betty and Veronica: The Betty to Zessica's Veronica for Amata, and the Archie to Amata's Betty and Kagura's Veronica.
- Big Brother Worship: Had this relationship with Cayenne when they were younger, but these feelings have grown distant when he went off to join Neo DEAVA, seemingly leaving her behind.
- Birds of a Feather: With Amata.
- The Chick
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Not exactly clingy per se, but she usually gives Amata the cold shoulder whenever another girl makes him float.
- Cowardly Lion: Showed shades of this in the first episode where she tries to persuade Amata into running away even though they were in the midst of a battle with lives on the line. Luckily this side of her disappears when she joins Neo DEAVA because she starts to gain more confidence in herself.
- Damsel in Distress
- Dangerously Short Skirt
- Distress Ball: Catches it whenever Kagura is around.
- Everyone Can See It: Her UST with Amata.
- First Girl Wins
- Fish out of Water
- Fragile Flower
- Freudian Excuse: Her low self-esteem and cowardice stems from her father.
- Green-Eyed Monster: She's jealous of Zessica for being able to make Amata float. But she'll probably get over it since he floats for just about everyone, including Yunoha, who's apparently but a little girl.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: It's very subtle unlike most examples, but she's quick to get angry.
- The Heart: Serves mostly as the emotional bond that keeps the Element Users, highly disparate personalities and all, together. In Episode 9, she finally convinces MIX to perform a cross-gender Union with Andy (and later Amata).
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: Turns out her own power is to amplify emotional connections between the Elements. As the Aquarion draws its energy from bonds, she can indirectly increase its power, making her a valuable asset to Neo DEAVA.
- He Is Not My Boyfriend: She insists Amata isn't her partner and often denies her feelings for Amata when anyone asks or implies it. No one is convinced.
- Heroes Want Redheads: Be it Amata or Kagura.
- Hikikomori: Initially, mostly out of fear of abduction and issues concerning her apparent lack of powers in contrast to the rest of her family. Until she finally decided that she wanted to reinvent herself.
- I Just Want to Be Special: Initially, she comes off as rather antisocial and withdrawn out of envy of other girls, all of which are Element User. Even bringing up Cayenne became a bit of a Berserk Button for her. This changes after reuniting with Amata where she becomes more cheerful and even becomes friends with some of her classmates. When she finally discovers her powers she fully breaks out of her shell.
- In-Series Nickname: Kagura calls her his "wench" or his "smelly wench." From Episode 11 onward, this changes to "Sylvie."
- Kind Hearted Cat Lover
- Light Feminine and Dark Feminine: The light to Zessica's dark.
- Lonely Rich Kid
- Magic Skirt
- Meet Cute
- Muggle Born of Mages: Or so it seemed.
- Na´ve Newcomer: Unlike Amata who instantly knows what to do when piloting Aquarion, it takes her a few tries before she's actually comfortable with it.
- Nice Girl: Subverted, amusingly enough, by Mari Okada, who calls her a "bad girl."
- Oblivious to Love: In her past life from 24,000 years ago she was oblivious to Pollon's love for her which is why she wants to apologize to Kagura in the present.
- Ojou: She hails from the well-respected Suzushiro family. Which is a bit of an Informed Attribute since she doesn't act like one nor does anyone ever treat her like one. Which is weirid since her relatives are famous element-users yet none of her element-user classmates acknowledge that fact. The only thing she's been acknowledged for is being the younger sister of Cayenne.
- Prim and Proper Bun
- Protectorate: To Amata and Cayenne.
- Reincarnation: Of Celiane/Silvia.
- Reincarnation Romance: With Amata.
- She's Got Legs
- Shrinking Violet: According to Cayenne, being powerless amidst a family of Element Users had turned her into this.
- Silk Hiding Steel: Shows signs of becoming this.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Has feelings for Amata.
- Stranger in a Strange School: Always feels out-of-place in Neo DEAVA, whereas Amata can at least fit in with his equally psychic classmates.
- Super Empowering: Neo DEAVA's higher-ups speculate that her true power may be enhancing the Aquarion's combat abilities. Episode 9 reveals that she does so in an indirect way through amplifying her teammates' emotional bonds.
- Sympathy for the Devil: For Kagura. She compares him to a stray dog and believes that he's just really lonely. These feelings are replaced with fear as he continues to grow more and more Yandere for her. But after Kagura kidnaps her in Episode 15, and she figures out that he actually means the opposite of what he says, she regains her sympathy for him.
- Talking in Your Sleep: While unconscious in Episode 6, she mumbles about apologizing to Kagura; when she comes to her senses, she claims she can't remember and doesn't know why.
- Tarot Motifs: Is associated with the Ace of Hearts.
- Tender Tears
- Thigh-High Boots
- Tsundere: Type B. She is an all-around Nice Girl to everyone, but her tsuntsun can manifest whenever Amata starts floating around in the presence of another girl (mostly courtesy of Zessica).
- She also shows her tsuntsun to Zen, mostly because of his trolling nature. Or maybe due to the fact that he's actually Apollonius, her lover from 24,000 years ago
- Twice Shy: With Amata.
- The Unfavorite: In episode 18, Mikono recieves a letter from her father. As she reads the letter, she figures out that it wasn't for her. It was for her brother, Cayenne...Ouch.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: With Amata.
- Uptown Girl: An Ojou who has feelings for the Unlucky Everydude Amata.
- You Gotta Have Purple Hair
- Zettai Ryouiki
A girl with the power to release energy blasts from her hand. Showing no inhibition about cross-gender Unions (earning her MIX and Suomi's scolding), she also started taking interest in Amata, going so far as to tease him just to see him float around, much to Mikono's jealousy.
- Ambiguously Brown
- Badass in Distress: After Mykage unwillingly possesses her.
- Bare Your Midriff
- Because Destiny Says So: Believes that Kagura and Mikono are destined for each other because they are the reincarnations of Apollon and Sylvie, and that Mikono won't choose Amata in the end.
- Betty and Veronica: The Veronica to Mikono's Betty for Amata.
- Can't Act Perverted Toward a Love Interest: Ever since she started developing genuine feelings for Amata, she's actually stopped teasing him.
- Chekhov's Gun: Her preference for Stripperiffic clothing becomes a key to defeating Jin's Radius Gnis for the third time. While being hit with missiles that destroy her, Amata's, and Mikono's Vector suits, Zessica realizes that the less clothing she has, the more sensitive she becomes to the missiles, allowing her to dodge them effortlessly. She starts tearing off more of her suit and encourages Amata and Mikono to do the same while she tears down Radius Gnis with Aquarion Spada.
- Cleavage Window
- Cute Little Fangs
- Deal with the Devil: A forced one by the Mykage in episode 19.
- Demonic Possession/Grand Theft Me: Courtesy of Mykage, natch.
- Dude Magnet
- Genki Girl: Most of the time.
- Good Bad Girl
- Green-Eyed Monster: Gets depressed and jealous whenever she sees Amata and Mikono together, although she mostly keeps it to herself. As of Episode 12, these repressed feelings are starting to seep out, such as accidentally crushing a pole with her powers after she sees Amata fly for Mikono.
- Hair Decorations: The orange ribbon on top of her head.
- Hand Blast: One of her abilities
- Heroes Want Redheads: As of Episode 8, for Amata.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Attempts this in episode 18, but MIX is taken away instead. Tries again in episode 21 and survives again. Tries one more time in the finale, asking Kagura to kill her. He refuses.
- Hopeless Suitor: For Amata.
- Hot-Blooded/Leeroy Jenkins: Deconstructed. In episode 18, her hot-headed and rushed decisions gets Mix kidnapped.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: At the end.
- Light Feminine and Dark Feminine: The dark to Mikono's light.
- Love Hurts: It just so happens that every time Amata and Mikono have a moment together, she's always there to witness it.
- Mind over Matter: Her telekinetic Impact-power (twists a light pole behind her in anger).
- Misery Poker: Let's see, in a cast where there's characters who has gone through tough situations, like being abandoned by their parents as a child, killing their parents by accident because uncontrollable music-related powers, tortured since childhood, and so on. Zessica's excuse to go through a suicidal depression? Amata not returning her feelings. A bit of a clumsy writing, indeed. To be fair though, by the end of the series we know absolutely nothing about her history or family and it could be tragic for all we know.
- Ms. Fanservice
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: She confesses her unrequited love for Amata while they are in the Aquarion, causing it to go berserk.
- Psychoactive Powers: Apparently, they are connected to her frustration.
- Purple Eyes
- Sexy Backless Outfit
- Shameless Fanservice Girl
- Shower of Angst: She goes to go through this in episode 18.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Zessica says she likes innocent guys like Amata.
- Stepford Smiler: Shows signs of this in Episode 13 to hide her depression/jealousy over Amata and Mikono.
- Stripperiffic: Who else would wear a tank-top that barely tries to hide her breasts and ridiculously short shorts with a side opening bound together by laces which show that she doesn't wear underwear at all?
- And the bikini she wears during the Beach Episode? The top is basically a black version of that from her regular clothes.
- Then she zig-zags this with the dress she wears at the end of the episode, which shows off a lot more of her chest.
- Tarot Motifs: Is associated with the Ace of Diamonds.
- The Spook: In an odd way. She's clear a good guy, but unlike everyone else we learn nothing about her the entire show. Not her past. Not her family. Nothing. Just vague hints that maybe she's someones reincarnation, and maybe something isn't quite right with her, and maybe her flirty cheerfulness is a cover for some pain of some kind, but those are just hints that are never clarified.
- The Tease
- Thanks for the Mammary: Is at the receiving end of this from an Altair local in episode 19. Strangely it wasn't done out of perversion, but curiosity - the locals of Altair have not seen a living female in ages and thus don't know what breasts are.
- Vapor Wear
- What Is This Feeling?: Started feeling embarrassment at the end of Episode 8 over seeing Amata half-naked after all three stripped off their Vector suits to allow them to defeat Radius Gnis.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?
- Why Did It Have to be Ghosts?
- You Gotta Have Green Hair
- Zettai Ryouiki: After changing her clothes in episode 17, in an attempt to imitate Mikono to gain Amata's affections.
Mikono's older brother and a Chick Magnet
(though to a lesser extent than Shrade). His power is psychic vision through a red point of light emanating from his forehead (like a Third Eye
of sorts), which allows him to become an excellent sniper. However, he is also haunted by visions of Mikono perishing through a chain of events apparently linked to the Aquarion, and thus he tries his best to keep Mikono safe, even if he has to demoralize her.
- The Ace
- Aloof Big Brother
- Big Brother Instinct
- Declaration of Protection: Ever since they were kids, he wanted to protect his sister Mikono.
- Chick Magnet
- Cold Sniper
- Combat Clairvoyance: Gains this after the special training of the grave.
- Dangerously Genre Savvy/Wrong Genre Savvy: He's an odd mix between these. Due to his visions of Mikono's death related to the Aquarion, he tries his best to keep her away from anything related to it—by having to lower her self-esteem a few notches. Then after having visions of a one-eyed monster, he quickly identifies Jin as a spy, except he almost got Yunoha caught in a crossfire because he tried to confront him about it.
- The Empath
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Shrade.
- I wouldn't say 'heterosexual' when they are paired together with the het couples in official art and he shows no interest in women. Also new opening edits in BR has Shrade's part of the first OP with him behind in a heart.
- Improbable Aiming Skills: In the first episode alone he even performs target practice blindfolded.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Can be downright mean at times to his own sister, but only because he doesn't want her, a Muggle Born of Mages, to risk her life fighting Abductors, at least not until she tells him that she's willing to get hurt alongside him.
- Knight Templar Big Brother
- Manly Tears: Sheds these in Episode 23 after Shrade dies for good on his fourth sortie.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!
- Noble Male, Roguish Male: Roguish Male to Shrade's Noble Male.
- Perpetual Frowner
- Properly Paranoid: Regarding Jin.
- Psychic Powers: Precognition of bad events.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Shrade's blue.
- Say My Name: Mikono!!!
- Tsundere: A male Type A—frequently abrasive towards everybody (especially Amata), but occasionally shows a softer, protective side towards Mikono, and as a few episodes show, is also starting to defrost to Shrade.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
Andy W. Hole
Andy can find any weak point in any structure and has control over the power of the earth. Out of all the boys of Neo DEAVA, he is the most eager to make contact with girls.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With MIX.
- Beta Couple: With MIX starting Episode 9.
- Big Damn Heroes: Saves Amata and Mikono from Kagura in Episode 13 by creating a hole beneath the latter's feet.
- Bromantic Foil: To Amata, until he gets paired up with MIX.
- Brown Eyes
- Butt Monkey
- Curtains Match the Window
- Dishing Out Dirt
- Earn Your Happy Ending: He and MIX finally become true lovers — and the latter reverted to female — in Episode 26.
- Fingerless Gloves
- If It's You, It's Okay: When MIX is turned into a boy in Altair, he tells her that he still loves her no matter her gender.
- Large Ham
- Lovable Sex Maniac
- Nice Hat
- Opposites Attract: With MIX.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Amata's blue.
- Running Gag: Frequently being denied a chance to make cross-gender Unions. He even lampshades on his misfortune when he had to be swapped for Amata in making a union with Zessica and Shrade.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: The manly man to Amata's sensitive guy.
- Serious Business: Tunneling
- Shipper on Deck: Supports Amata in his pursuit to dig a hole Mikono's heart.
- Superpower Meltdown: After his rejection by Mix in the beach episode, he became unstable getting depressed thinking of her would cause him to tunnel immediately beneath himself whenever he thought about it. This went From Bad to Worse when he discovers Mix's fate due to the Curse of Eve.
- Tunnel King
- Unusual Euphemism: "Big bangs" to Mix's large breasts.
- Yank the Dog's Chain: In Episode 9, just when he finally has a chance to form a cross-gender Union (with MIX and Mikono), he ended up having to cover MIX from Dangerously Genre Savvy mook fire, knocking him unconscious and being forced to switch out of the Vector-X for Amata. But hey, at least he felt the orgasmic ecstasy of a Union twice (in "spirit" for the second one, at least).
A strict, serious girl with absolutely no interest (and, in fact, outright disgust) for males, believing them inferior to females in terms of combat potential. She is especially disdainful of Andy and his womanizing habits; in fact, her power is the diametrical opposite of Andy's: creating enclosures and covering up any weak spots.
Neo DEAVA's smartest and most popular student, whose poor health prevents him from going to active service. His power is using sound to manipulate brainwaves.
A terminally shy little girl with the power to turn herself invisible. Until Amata encouraged her to come out of her shell, all that is seen of her is a green frog-like doll she always carries around.
- Birds of a Feather: With Jin.
- Cry Cute/Tender Tears: The sight of her in tears is enough to make Jin start wavering over his original goal of personally capturing a "Rare Igura" worthy of becoming Altair's "Eve." Come Episode 13, she breaks down crying as Jin dies in front of her.
- Cute All Along
- Cute Ghost Girl: Amata initially thought of her as this at the end of Episode 7 until she reveals she's a live human girl all along.
- The Cutie
- "Do It Yourself" Theme Tune: Sings the second ending Yunoha no Mori
- Fragile Flower: To an even greater degree than Mikono.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: Always carries around a green frog-like plushie which is, until Episode 7, her only sign of presence.
- Go Through Me: Places herself between Jin and Cayenne, who was then armed with a stun gun, in order to protect the former when the latter confronted him about being a spy. The latter's gun fires at that precise moment, only for Jin to place himself in front of Yunoha and, by pure accident, block it with an energy shield.
- Heroes Want Redheads: Had a crush on Amata, well before Jin came along.
- Heroic BSOD: Jin's death nearly drove her into becoming a Death Seeker. She recovers once Jin's spirit and Mikono encourage her to live.
- Invisibility: Her power. She has great misgivings about her powers, which make many think she's a ghost. Though it turns out to be pretty useful in their second fight against Jin's Radius Gnis, where she can turn the Aquarion invisible and thus impervious to damage, allowing Amata to finish it off with the "Subliminal Punch."
- Multicolored Hair: Lilac turning to golden brown at the lower half, which bears a striking resemblance to Byakuren Hijiri.
- Older Than She Looks: As a matter of fact, she's actually fifteen.
- Personality Powers: Her power of perfect camouflage seems well-suited to her innate shyness.
- Secret Secret Keeper: In Episode 12, she discovers that Jin is The Mole thanks to Mykage's interference. Conflicted by his deceit and her growing friendship/relationship with him, she keeps this knowledge from Jin until the next episode.
- Shrinking Violet
- Star-Crossed Lovers: With Jin.
- Token Mini-Moe
- Twice Shy: With Jin.
A dark-skinned girl who apparently is a fan of homoerotic subtexts.
A handsome dark-skinned student with the power to destabilize objects.
A veteran soldier and instructor of the male side of Neo DEAVA, Donar has a pair of prosthetic arms to replace those he lost on the day of the Aquarion Disaster.
He also used to be sharpshooter.
Instructor of the female side of Neo DEAVA. Like MIX, she has hints of misandry and can be sometimes seen in mild arguments with her male counterpart, Donar.
Current instructor of Neo DEAVA.
High Commander of Neo DEAVA who offers guidance to the students in his own unusual way.
A childlike girl with an improbably high IQ of 300 and Chairwoman of Neo DEAVA. She is also responsible for giving approval for Unions.
One of Izumo's two main subordinates and a hot-blooded warrior who loves charging into battle headlong with Mithra Gnis, a machine suited for melee combat and Kagura's tendency to move around like a quadrupedal beast. He gains the ability of "Reversal"
Izumo's other subordinate and a cunning strategist. Unlike the hot-headed Kagura, Jin prefers manipulating Abductor Mooks
from high up in space or puppet-controlling Radius Gnis, a machine suited for long-range combat which complements his natural ability to generate energy shields.
- Accidental Pervert: In Episode 10, he finally does what Andy has yet to — infiltrate the girls' changing room (although unintentionally on his part).
- Birds of a Feather: With Yunoha.
- Blinding Bangs/Peek-a-Bangs
- Blond Guys Are Evil: With a greenish tint.
- The Chessmaster
- Defecting for Love
- Deflector Shields: His Element power, discovered purely by accident when he tried to shield Yunoha from Cayenne's stun gun accidentally firing on her (which was intended for him).
- Disney Death: Seemingly Killed Off for Real at the end of Episode 8, but Episode 9 reveals that he survived and has infiltrated Neo DEAVA in Episode 10. Averted in Episode 13.
- Evil Genius: Besides being a pilot, he also serves as mechanic for Mithra and Radius Gnis.
- Fanboy: Of Alicia/Sylvie.
- Fish out of Water: Even as he infiltrated Neo DEAVA in Episode 10, his unfamiliarity with females (besides a hologram of Alicia) really shows in his awkward interaction with the girls.
- Genre Savvy: When it comes to piloting. Not so much when it comes to school life or interacting with girls.
- Go Out with a Smile
- Heel-Face Turn: In Episode 13. Unfortunately Mykage saw to it that he will have to pay for his defection with his life.
- Killed Off for Real
- Last of His Kind: He is so far the last person born in Altair.
- Loners Are Freaks: This is how the female population of Neo DEAVA initially reacted to him because of his awkward, antisocial ways.
- Love Redeems
- Magic Tool: His device, which contains a hologram of Alicia.
- Marionette Master: Prefers controlling Abductor Mooks from high up in space. When he has to send out Radius Gnis, he either controls it from the comfort of his room (in Episode 7) or pilots it by himself (Episodes 4 and 8).
- New Transfer Student: As of Episode 10, he poses as one to Neo DEAVA (stealing the identity of one "Akbarjin Batbayar") in his own quest to find a Reaigler worthy of becoming Altair's "Eve."
- No Social Skills
- Not in This for Your Revolution: Like Kagura, he'd rather spend time listening to holographic recordings of Alicia than join Altair's abductions. But since he's the Last of His Kind, Altair has huge expectations of him.
- Redemption Equals Death
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Kagura's red.
- Sacrificial Lion: He fits this to a tee. Word of God says that he was slated to die before the series even started. His death showed everyone that Mykage is not as harmless as he seems. People begin to leave the school fearing for their lives. His death also causes a massive Heroic BSOD to come upon all of the major characters.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: With Yunoha.
- This Cannot Be!: Ends his third loss to Aquarion baffled at how the latter managed to come back from a serious disadvantage, dodge all his remaining ammo, and knock his Radius Gnis out with an energized punch.
- Twice Shy: With Yunoha.
- Younger Than He Looks: He's actually only fourteen.
Commander of Altair's reconnaissance mission to Vega.
- Authority Equals Asskicking
- Badass Beard
- Berserk Button: Just try to endanger Alicia, just try it.
- Catch and Return
- Dark Is Not Evil: Wears darker clothing, sports the traditional evil goatee, and intimidating-looking, but otherwise Izumo is a reasonable enemy commander with noble intentions. This stands in stark contrast to Mykage, whose angelic appearance masks his selfish desires.
- Light Is Good: His Ahura Gnis has a light-themed design and is named after Ahura Mazda, Zoroastrian god of light.
- Disappeared Dad: To Amata.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Chews out Mykage thrice — on Episode 8, for manipulating three of Jin's most loyal henchmen into becoming his pawns; on Episode 11, over allowing the crazed Kagura to go to Vega to get his "smelly wench"; and on Episode 14, over killing Jin and then holding a eulogy for him before the rest of Altair.
- Evil Counterpart: An Anti-Villainous variant, to Zen.
- Killed Off for Real: At the hands of a mind controlled Kagura.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: Heavily implied — and ultimately confirmed — to be Amata's father.
- My Greatest Failure: Allowing Mykage to manipulate Altair and kill Jin for refusing to go along with his schemes.
- Not So Different: There was a time that he would have betrayed Altair for the woman he loves just like his son Kagura.
- Offing the Offspring: Attempted in episodes 23 and 24. Though unlike Alicia he had no way of knowing that Kagura is his son.
- Reasonable Authority Figure
- Together in Death: With Alicia.
- Unusual Eyebrows
- Wave Motion Gun: His Altair Cannon attack that is powered by all of Altair itself through the Ianthe.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Tells Jin that their mission wasn't to invade Vega, but to find suitable females to repopulate their race whose female population largely died out due to a mysterious disease, rendering Altair virtually sterile.
A Priest of Altair who has recently awoken from stasis in a glass-like encasing.
- A God Am I: He'll become one if Altair and Vega become one.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Of Toma's hatred after he found out Apollo was not Apollonius.
- Alien Blood: His blood is blue.
- Alien Hair: He has feathers instead of hair.
- Astral Projection: One of his abilities.
- Big Bad: The most dangerous and villainous character.
- Camp Gay
- Combat Pragmatist: Perfectly willing to get his hands dirty when things don't go his way or the enemy brings out their most powerful weapon. As shown when he attacks the place where Alicia is at and kills her in order to distract Izumo to land Genesis Aquarion's Finishing Move.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady
- Evil Is Petty
- Evil Mentor: To Kagura.
- Expy: Of Touma from the previous series. Episode 13 implies that he is Touma — or at least, as Episode 23 reveals, the incarnation of his hatred.
- Fate Worse Than Death: Doomed to forever reside in Zen's body without any semblance of control over him.
- Of course this is mitigated to the point of Karma Houdini considering being with Apollonius for all eternity is what he always truly wanted. He even describes being inside Fudou as being warm as he cries inside him.
- Faux Affably Evil
- Gambit Roulette
- Hero Killer
- Knight of Cerebus: His manipulation of Kagura's emotions and murder of Jin causes the series to take on a substantially darker tone.
- Lack of Empathy
- Light Is Not Good: Bears an angelic appearance, has white plume-like hair, speaks in a mellow tone... and has the heart of the Devil himself.
- Dark Is Evil: He is Toma's hatred. Eventually he gains Ancient AQ which is dark in color.
- Literal Split Personality: He is the shadow part of Toma as stated by Fudou that has been separated from Touma's pure love.
- Love Makes You Evil: Mykage is the "Shadow of Love." His actions are motivated not by mere hatred, but by insane, jealous love. He tortures Kagura and Amata because he loves them... to death.
- Manipulative Bastard
- Mind Rape: Pulls one off to Kagura, turning him into a brainwashed, Mikono-obsessed maniac completely at his control.
- Purple Eyes
- Reality Warper
- Refuge in Audacity: Killing Jin in Episode 13 and then holding a eulogy for him come next Episode, although this could be seen as his way to further sway the rest of Altair into becoming his Unwitting Pawns.
- Reincarnation: Of Toma's dark half.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Remained in a crystalline stasis until he wakes up at the end of Episode 4.
- Sissy Villain
- White Hair, Black Heart
- You Have Failed Me: Kills Jin in Episode 13 for daring to defy him and Kagura.
A famous actress in Vega who played Sylvie's part in "Skies of Aquaria", a feature film based on events of the original Aquarion series 12,000 years before.
Kiyono Yasuno (Japanese), Monica Rial
Mikono's pet "cat".