"Even if we've been kicked out of Eden, we have to try to survive! We have to believe the future is what we make of it!"
The fiery one
of the main duo, she is the best at what she does
- Action Girl
- Cowboy Cop
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: In XIII (sometime, when she's mad at her boyfriend, sometime for fun with her boyfriend).
- Harmful to Minors: It's revealed in XIII, that Deunan's mother was murdered by a sniper right before her eyes (her mother was African, ran afoul of Apartheidesque legislation when crossing a road reserved for whites and was shot by an sniper).
- Robosexual:Technically, he isn't a robot, but a cyborg (e.g. his legs are biologic, so we can make an educated guess, that his ... "entertainment and production facility" wasn't replaced with electronic prostheses).
"It has its own heartbeat... Just like I do."
who is not only the mentor of his partner, but also her lover
- Declaration Ofprotection: Although sometime, it's too much for Deunan and she thinks, he's nannying and coddling her.
- Meaningful Name: Though "Briareos" doesn't have any special meaning, his surname "Hechatonchires" is the nickname of a large, ferocious hundred-handed monster in Greek mythology. It is also the name of the cyborg body model he currently wears, which is capable of controlling well over a hundred independent machines and remote objects as long as it has priority access thanks to the body's incredible ability to manage sensory input to the human brain inside compared to other cyborgs.
- Mentor Archetype
- Scary Black Man: Averted. Though Briareos was in fact North African before his surgery, he wasn't especially menacing. Apparently he WAS that big however.
- Super Strength: In the second movie, after his cyborgization, he destroyed one of the assassin-droids by punching through her, ripping her in half.
- Supporting Protagonist: At least in XIII, while he's nominally the main character along with Deunan, he mostly plays second fiddle to her.