United States airdate: April 3, 2004
Canada airdate: July 30, 2004
Summertime has finally come, and Mr. Krabs takes advantage of the children of Bikini Bottom's freedom from school by creating a playground to attract paying customers, featuring an appearance by the one and only Krabby the Clown! But when Krabby the Clown is too busy counting money in his office, it's up to the Krabby Patty Burglernote to stall them long enough for Krabby to make an appearance.
Krabby Land contains examples of (YMMV here):
- An Aesop: Sometimes, corporations that try to look friendly to kids only want your money.
- Bad Boss: Mr. Krabs is at his worst here. And unlike later episodes, he gets what's coming to him in the end.
- Big "NO!": Mr. Krabs lets out one when he sees the kids would rather go to a new park than to his restaurant, causing everyone to stare at him in confusion.
- Comedic Sociopathy: SpongeBob discovers that his pain entertains the children and proceeds to make them laugh with all sorts of painful and humiliating stunts.
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: SpongeBob getting tied up and being force-fed lima beans (which also happens to Mr. Krabs at the end).
- Homage: One of the poorly made kiddie-rides built by Mr. Krabs says "Rocketship Fantastica", a nod to Battlestar Galactica (1978).
- Hypocritical Humor: When Mr. Krabs says he's not cheap, he takes off the tomato on his nose and tells SpongeBob to take it back to the kitchen before it spoils.
- Earlier on, Krabs sees a hefty kid taking a bite out of a lollipop and complains about children not eating properly, despite the fact fast food isn't an exactly healthy choice for them either.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Mr. Krabs is hunted down by the kids, gets tied to a pole and is tortured by having to eat lima beans against his will while also losing all of his money.
- Mass "Oh, Crap!": A really epic one done by SpongeBob and the children as Mr. Krabs reenters his office after pretending to be Krabby the Clown for about ten seconds with no act whatsoever.
- No OSHA Compliance: Krabby Land is hastily put together, with one kid actually getting hurt while trying to play on one of the "attractions".
- No Sympathy: Mr. Krabs didn't show any to SpongeBob who couldn't take anymore abuse to entertain the children. Possibly justified as SpongeBob can regenerate.
- Pet the Dog: One of the kids respectfully calls SpongeBob "Mr. SquarePants" at the end of the episode and tells him and Squidward about the money shower, implying that the kids did appreciate SpongeBob's efforts to entertain them.
- Suck E. Cheese's: Krabby Land
- Take That!: Krabby Land is a jab at McDonald's, complete with clown mascot and a Hamburglar Expy.
United States airdate: April 3, 2004
Canada airdate: July 30, 2004
Squidward is planning a weekend celebration due to SpongeBob and Patrick leaving for a camping trip. But what's this? The two have set up a tent ten yards away from SpongeBob's house. Through a strange and unintentional method of reverse psychology, SpongeBob convinces Squidward to stay and camp with them overnight. But the three will soon discover that after dark, terrible creatures come out, and the only method of protection is an expertly drawn anti-sea bear circle in the dirt!
The Camping Episode contains examples of (YMMV here):
- Always a Bigger Fish: What's worse than a Sea Bear? A Sea Rhinoceros!
- An Aesop:
- When going away from home, know what to do and pack necessities.
- Listen to warnings.
- Animals Hate Him:
- The sea bear does not like Squidward, and expresses it well...
- The sea rhinoceros doesn't seem to like Squidward either...
- Asshole Victim: Squidward gets mauled by the sea bear after he knowingly contacts it in order to harass SpongeBob and Patrick.
- Bears Are Bad News: The sea bear.
- Berserk Button: The sea bear repeatedly mauls Squidward after his attempts to escape cause gestures that provoke it's fury (eg. running, limping, crawling). After he runs out of offenses and the sea bear continues going after him however, SpongeBob figures that it just doesn't like him.
- Bottle Episode: The whole episode is set at Conch Street, with most of it taking place at SpongeBob's camp outside his house.
- Bullying a Dragon: How Squidward attracted the sea bear.
- Butt-Monkey: Squidward.
- Camping Episode: Exactly What It Says on the Tin and the first and only one in the series.
- The Cuckoolander Was Right: SpongeBob and Patrick were right about the sea bear (and sea rhinoceros).
- Death Glare: The sea bear gives a particularly ferocious one to Squidward after he escapes into SpongeBob's protective circle.
- The sea rhinoceros also gives Squidward a particularly nasty one when it appears at the end.
- Department of Redundancy Department: "The Campfire Song Song," which is a campfire song about singing a campfire song... which happens to be this campfire song.
- Here We Go Again!: After being mauled many times by that sea bear, Squidward uses the circle that protected SpongeBob and Patrick from it. Unfortunately between him and that sea rhinoceros (and the octopus isn't wearing underwear)....
- I Will Show You X: Squidward: "I'll show you camping!"
- Kick Them While They're Down: We can safely assume that this is what the sea rhinoceros does, since it's drawn to those who've been attacked by sea bears beforehand.
- Knows a Guy Who Knows a Guy: Exaggerated to the point of being an Overly Long Gag.SpongeBob: Why, once I met this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy's cousin...
Squidward: YOU'RE RIGHT!
- Major Injury Underreaction: Squidward is only mildly annoyed by the scalding hot marshmallows Patrick keeps blowing into his face.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: The sea bear is literally a giant fish with a bear head. The same thing applies for the sea rhinoceros, albeit much bigger.
- Real After All: The sea bear and later, the sea rhinoceros.
- Rhino Rampage: The sea rhinoceros.
- Rockers Smash Guitars: The ending to "The Campfire Song Song".
- Rule of Funny: Sea Bears are real, they're set off by ridiculous things like wearing a sombrero upside down and drawing a circle in the dirt around yourself fends them off. Cuz.
- Running Gag:
- Squidward getting mauled by the sea bear.
- Patrick blowing hot marshmallow on Squidward.
- The Something Song: "The Campfire Song Song"
- Spelling Song: "The Campfire Song Song"