A Super Fic is a work of fanfiction centering around one or more canon characters reimagined as superheroes or, at the very least, they gain superpowers and spend the rest of the fic learning to deal with them. It can either diverge from canon at a specific point, or it can be an entire Alternate Universe in of itself.
Examples:Anime and Manga
- Last Child of Krypton, where Shinji Ikari is basically Superman. The original fic included more elements of The DCU, and Asuka became the second Wonder Woman, Touji a Green Lantern, Kaji was trained by Batman... and so on. The fic got a rewrite focused more on the Superman mythos.
- Neon Genesis Evangelion: Valkyrie also by Chuckman: an Eva/Marvel fusion with elements of Marvel molding an Alternate Universe for Eva, and Evangelion: Age Of Marvels, a rewrite of the former.
- Superwomen of Eva 2: Lone Heir of Krypton: Asuka from Neon Genesis Evangelion gains Kryptonian powers and becomes first Power Girl and later Supergirl and fights both Angels and Superman villains.
- The above fanfic is part of the fanfiction series Superwomen of Eva, which focuses on giving all of the female cast of Neon Genesis Evangelion (core and extras, some of them even from pretty rare sources like Japan-only media) superpowers, mostly from the Marvel Comics and DC Comics universes.
- Shinji Ikiryo, which gives Shinji Ikari from Neon Genesis Evangelion the powers of Danny Phantom, and turns Tokyo-3 into a supernatural City of Adventure.
- "Shinji the Mighty", where Shinji Ikari from Neon Genesis Evangelion and super-powerful interstellar cop Birdy from Birdy the Mighty become stuck in the same body due to a bizarre accident, forcing Shinji to help Birdy to arrest dangerous criminal aliens while he fights Angels and tries to improve his and Asuka's complicated relationship.
- Children of an Elder God, in which Neon Genesis Evangelion characters fight the cosmic horrors of the Cthulhu Mythos and steal their powers and abilities after killing them.
- Strongly influenced by the above fanfic, Thousand Shinji has Evangelion characters Shinji, Asuka and Rei becoming worshippers of the Chaos Gods of the Warhammer 40,000 universe, gaining terrible powers and taking several levels in badassery: Shinji becomes a sorcerer with psychic powers, Asuka a berserker super-soldier and Rei a plaguemaster.
- In Gods, Angels, and Kings, Shinji Ikari from Evangelion merges with Zone Fighter (Ultraman in the rewrite) and gains his powers, becoming capable to fight Kaijus with his bare hands.
- Avenging and Defending are two Ranma ½ fics of this type written by different authors but set in the same universe. They are (for the most part) fusions with the Marvel Comics universe, with elements from multiple other Anime shows tossed in for the sake of cool and funny.
- Hinata Ends With The Soul Calibur
- Witchblade Sakura, a Naruto fic that's Exactly What It Says on the Tin.
- Guardians of Pokémon, a Sentai-inspired story where Ash and company need to capture one of every pokemon before the world is destroyed.
- The Power of Light, a Death Note superhero parody.
- Justice Society of Japan, a DCU-based Mega Crossover taking place in an Alternate Continuity where anime characters have always existed alongside the characters of the DCU.
- Multiple recurring characters on the Coreline stories are superhuman Alternates of well-known franchises (such as, for example, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Ranma ½, and even Fullmetal Alchemist and Dead or Alive characters). Some of these are Alternates of characters from stories like the Superwomen of Eva series, written by their respective original authors.
- Kaleidoscope crosses the characters of Yuri!!! on Ice with an altered version of the Sailor Moon and Sera Myu universe, turning them into Henshin Heroes.
- Dominoes fits the Detective Conan cast into a DC-like universe, wherein metahumans are relatively common and Yusaku, for example, is an Expy of Batman.
- Super, a Tangled story taking place in an altered version of Corona reminiscent of a blend of Metropolis and Gotham City with Disney Princesses and villains re-imagined with powers and motifs drawn from their appearances in the Disney Animated Canon. Rapunzel, a superheroine of the city finds herself falling into a dangerous tryst with thief Flynn Rider.
- The Fandom-Specific Plot of giving Anna from Frozen latent pyrokinesis as an extension of her Sibling Yin-Yang with Elsa merits an honourable mention.
- The Big Four Cjupsher Series, a Rise of the Brave Tangled Dragons fanfic series set where the characters of the Big Four are made into a team of superheroes, sharing a world with re-imagined characters from various Disney, Dreamworks and other animated properties.
- Magic Man by Mobius Shadow (incomplete) is a Discworld fic where Rincewind stumbles into a suit of magic armour that turns him into the Disc's Iron-Spider-Lantern just in time for a mad supervillain to threaten Ankh-Morpork.
- The Vampire of Steel takes place in an alternate universe where Buffy the Vampire Slayer characters exist alongside the heroes and villains of The DCU. For a short while, Buffy gains the powers of the strongest version of Supergirl.
- The Way It Played Out is a Merlin (2008) AU fic set in the modern day where Merlin opts to become a superhero, using his magic to fight crime.
- Laverne and Shirley Become Telepathic is a fanfiction of Laverne & Shirley where they are actually twins separated at birth, then they develop mind-reading powers and use them to settle a conflict between some celebrities.
- The Nucleus Incident, where the aforementioned incident gives the RED team and the BLU team of Team Fortress 2 superpowers.
- Glorious Shotgun Princess is a crossover between Mass Effect and Exalted in which Jane Shepard gains the powers of a Zenith-Caste Solar. Several other characters also gain Exaltations and abilities.
- The Fate/stay night fic Path of the King, where Shirou decides that the best way to be a "Hero of Justice" is to become a crime-fighting vigilante called "The Archer".
- The Loud House
- The L Force takes place in a world where the town of Royal Woods is struck by a Magic Meteor which causes every living thing caught in the light of the cosmic Event it caused to either mutate into a monster or gain super powers. The Loud siblings use their powers to defend the town against these monsters as well as those who use their abilities for sinister purposes.
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
- My Little Avengers starts off with Big Macintosh becoming The Mighty Thor, and just gets crazier from there.
- The Alternate Adventures of the Power Ponies is essentially what happens if the Mane Six became the Power Ponies.
- The League of Harmony has the main six has superheroines in a world where beings have superpowers called "Gifts." It's up to the six ponies to preserve the balance in the new age of the Gifted. Can be found on Fimfiction and Fanfiction.net.
- True Heroes: Year One and Year Two are fanfics set in a Fairly OddParents AU where everyone is a superhero, based on the "Big Superhero Wish" episode.
- The Epic Tales of Captain Underpants has "The Acronym AU",a Tumblr-started concept which features George, Harold and several of their peers developing superpowers and fighting villains with them.
- The fandom also has a Tumblr AU where George and Harold are Ladybug and Chat Noir respectively and fight the villainous Black Moth, later recruiting their classmates to bear the other Miraculous. Interestingly, the overall plot has been tweaked to remove the romantic elements and is instead based around George and Harold's friendship both in and out of costume.
- Paperinik New Adventures is a comic series about Donald Duck as a superhero. No, seriously.
- Super Teens, a short-lived Archie spinoff about the Riverdale gang as superheroes.
- Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, a spinoff to Triangle Heart 3 featuring the protagonist's little sister as a magical girl. It ended up being a significantly More Popular Spin-Off.
- Pretty Sammy, a Magical Girl Warrior spinoff to Tenchi Muyo!.
- Geronimo Stilton has a spinoff series Heromice, which has Geronimo as a superhero by the name of Geronimo Superstilton.
- NOW Comics' Married... with Children comics adaptation had a spinoff miniseries, Quantum Quartet, that had the Bundys as Fantastic Four parodies.
- South Park had a couple of Superhero Episodes following the Coon and his rivalry with Mysterion. South Park: The Fractured but Whole takes this concept and runs with it.