The hero is at a party or some other fun session. Everybody there is having a good time. Then the villain shows up to ruin all of the fun. Maybe he was upset that he wasn't invited? Nope! He just hated the fact that you were all happy and having a good time in general and admits he would have ruined everything even if you had invited him.
These guys are fun killers through and through. Maybe they find people having fun annoying, or they are working on something and the happy music is distracting to them. Of course, there is also the possibility that they see ruining other people's fun is more enjoyable than seeing them have fun, they consider having fun as the real evil, or they consider it their duty as as a bad guy to ruin peoples' fun. These types of villains are often The Grinch in holiday-themed media.
If the villain is a grown-up ruining the fun for children, then they are a Fun-Hating Confiscating Adult.
See also Evil Is Petty.
- Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town: Burgermeister Meisterburger hates toys so much, he has them outlawed and confiscated from all the children in town. He will have anybody seen with toys arrested when he sees them.
- In Yellow Submarine, the villains are the Blue Meanies, a group of blue guys who hate music. They hate music so much, they invade Pepperland, formerly an idyll full of music and fun, and turn it into a sort of Mordor.
- Sleeping Beauty: Maleficent is irritated that she wasn't invited to the celebration for Princess Aurora's birth. So, she goes and curses Aurora to die by her sixteenth birthday. It is implied there's some spite there already, considering Maleficent is already known as an "evil" fairy compared to the three "good" fairies Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather.
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas!: "The Grinch hated Christmas! The whole Christmas season! Now please don't ask why, no one quite knows the reason", although the following verses suggest it's mainly because of all the noise from the celebrations in town and from all the children playing with their new toys.
- In the Rainbow Magic series, Jack Frost spends much of his time trying to ensure the fairies and humans can't have fun.
- Voltaire's song "When You're Evil" mentions how much enjoyment the narrator gets out of preventing other people from having fun.
- This is The Gimmick of "No Fun" Damian Dunne, a heel fun-fighting cop who considers ruining other people's fun much more important that everything else. In some promotions such as ATTACK!, IPW:UK, Fight Club Pro and PROGRESS Wrestling he even leads (as "Chief Deputy" Dunne) a Power Stable called the "Anti-Fun Police", composed of him, the Hunter Brothers (as "Jim Obstruction" and "Leigh Obstruction"), Travis Banks (as "Sergeant Banks"), Dan Moloney and Ryan Smith (as "Los Federales Santos Sr." and "Los Federales Santos Jr.").
- Babes in Toyland: In most iterations, Barnaby only cares about money and tries to destroy Toyland by any means necessary.
- Twelfth Night: Malvolio has a Puritan disdain for fun and games. The main characters delight in taunting him with their singing, drinking and jokes. This was Truth in Television, as Puritans of Shakespeare's age were opposed to theater. The Bard obviously took this very personally, which is probably why he gave this particular villain a name meaning "ill will." Puritans successfully outlawed theater in London in 1642, a ban that lasted until the Restoration in 1660.
- In Divinity: Original Sin II, the demon possessing the Wandering Minstrel Lohse hates her cheerful music and makes her break her (friend's) lute when she tries to sing the first time in the game. She does not sing again until she manages to get rid of him towards the finale.
- Toontown Online: Main objective of The Cogs is to destroy all the fun and colorful happiness in Toons and create a business utopia. Practical jokes are also what destroys cogs.
- Viva Piñata: Professor Pester and the ruffians hate pinatas and will show up in your garden to ruin your hard work. In the sequel, he attempts to cause trouble in Pinata Central and find the weaknesses of every pinata on the island so that there are no pinatas for parties.
- Homestuck: While major villain Jack Noir doesn't specifically target fun, being more of an Omnicidal Maniac, his Start of Darkness is triggered by being forced to wear an overly whimsical, multicolored harlequin costume, which drives him into an unstoppable homicidal rage. Alternate Universe versions of Jack are extremely no-nonsense, showing a love of boring, adult thing like suits and business apparatuses, while disdaining fun things like witty one-liners.
- The Fairly OddParents!:
- The Pixies love everything dull and boring and their plans always involve trying to suck all the fun out of Fairy World and Earth. In School's Out! The Musical, they actually succeed, but their victory is short lived.
- Flappy Bob starts out as this in School's Out! The Musical. He was adopted by the Pixies and raised to believe that fun is a terrible thing. At first, he works to remove all fun and is instrumental in the Pixies' victory. However, half-way through the musical, he has a change of heart and uses his skills as a lawyer to beat his adoptive parents and restore fun to the world.
- In The Simpsons Musicville couch gag, Mr. Burns is portrayed as such in that he hates anything jazz and forces everybody in Springfield to play his preferred music and only his.
- In Making Fiends, Vendetta hates singing, happiness, and vegetables. Whenever she sees somebody else having fun, like main character Charlotte, she seeks to ruin their good time. If she ever plays nice with another person, it will probably be for her own selfish reasons and not because she actually wants to have fun.
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The episode "Banned In Bikini Bottom" features and organization T.U.O.O.F.A.T.T.A.F.A.D. (acronym for The United Organization of Fish Against Things That are Fun and Delicious) who shut down the Krusty Krab and ban krabby patties for being fun and delicious. The ban is lifted when the leader accidentally takes a bite of a krabby patty resulting in a HeelFace Turn.
- Dr. Robotnik in both Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic Underground is known for trying to stamp out fun wherever possible, in the latter banning all music as well.
- In The Yum Yums the Sourpusses hate all fun, and plan to ruin the Yum Yums' theme park just because they can.