Dr. Brock Holt
The brilliant but secretive head surgeon of the C.U.R.E. Institute, and recipient of the worlds first hand transplant.
- Arch-Enemy: Becomes this to Chad.
- Berserk Button: Mentioning his hand is a bit of a sore spot.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Is vain, weird, and probably crazy, but there is no denying he isn't smart and good at his job.
- Career-Ending Injury: Lost his original hand in a garbage disposal, which made finding work hard to come by.
- Evil Hand: The donor of his transplanted hand was a serial killer. The hand has a mind of its own, groping Chanel and stealing candy from the guy sitting behind them while they're watching a movie, coincidentally one about a guy with an evil hand.
- Hospital Hottie: You don't cast John Stamos as a doctor without getting this trope.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Brock is arrogant, lustful, slightly sexist and highly competitive. However, he generally has higher levels of morality than most of the characters, does care for his patients wellbeing and always fights his Evil Hands influence over him.
- MayDecember Romance: Brocks nearly thirty years older than Chanel, yet the two are on track for a blossoming relationship. At one point, Chanel even suggests that having sex would help resolve her Daddy issues. This starts to become a problem in Rapunzel, Rapunzel, due to the generation gap catching up with them.
- Has this with Hester after they run off together come season's end.
- Morality Pet: For Chanel, hes one of a small number of people who can bring out her nicer side. Such as her being genuinely caring towards him when stress almost caused him to have a breakdown during heart surgery.
- My Greatest Second Chance: How he regards Munsch's job offer.
- Only Sane Man: While wacky, Brock is one of the more sensible people at the hospital. Hell normally be the one to point out the logical fallacies of the others theories and plans. Such as pointing out the fact he shares a blood type with the killers parents is meaningless as its the most common blood type there is, or the fact hes clearly too old to have been born in 1985. Or being the only one to grasp that its incredibly dangerous to do an untested experimental procedure upon a patient while sleep deprived and near your breaking point.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Cassidy's blue. He also plays Blue Oni to Chad's Red Oni until the latter dies
- Red Right Hand: His replaced hand has a noticeable scar from where it was transplanted and is very visibly uncontrollable.
- Shower Scene: Three of them over the course of the season, all very fanservice-y.
Dr. Cassidy Cascade
A young doctor at the C.U.R.E. Institute who works alongside Brock.
- Affably Evil: As the Green Meanie, hell brutally murder you. As Doctor Cassidy hell be an attentive and caring physician, as well as being a supportive friend and a gentle lover.
- The Brute: Of all the Green Meanies, Cassidy is the most violent, being responsible for the most deaths.
- The Cast Showoff: He has an extended martial arts scene that doesn't really serve much purpose other than to let Taylor Lautner show that he knows martial arts.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Believes he choked to death in college and is now undead, never considering he might have just passed out.
- Contrasting Sequel Antagonist: Cassidy fulfils this towards Boone. Whereas Boone is a superficially charming Psychopath who loved killing, Cassidy is calm and cool but capable of genuine kindness. He is motivated by a desire to avenge his father and admits to regretting becoming a killer.
- Deadly Doctor: One of only two real doctors who work at the CURE Institute, Cassidy is also the Green Meanie Killer.
- Death Equals Redemption: Lampshaded by Chanel #3. The others don't seem to buy that Taking the Bullet is adequate penance for having murdered a lot of people, but #3 isn't hearing any of it.
- Distaff Counterpart: Is the Spear Counterpart to Chanel #3 - both are cold and emotionless people.
- The Dragon: To his mother Jane.
- Emotionless Boy: Gives off a very cold demeanor.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: Cassidy is quite close to his mother, it is due to her that he is trying to shut down the CURE Institute.
- Freudian Excuse: His father was killed and had his death covered up by corrupt doctors at the Hospital. His mother was driven insane with grief and outright raised him to do anything to keep the hospital shut down, especially killing people.
- Foil: To Boone. Both were raised to kill as part of a relatives revenge scheme, both are the main muscle of their respective killing circle and both were the first killer to be revealed to the audience of their particular season. However, despite his upbringing, Cassidy is a conflicted man, who comes to regret what he has done, struggles against his indoctrination and, when hes not on the job, can be a pretty nice guy. Boone is a psychopath who revels in his bloodlust and turned on his friends and family the moment he felt like it. This likewise applies to their relationship with their respective crushes. Cassidy genuinely loves Chanel #3, her influence making him try to be a better person. Boone was obsessed with Zayday, to the point he kidnapped her and murdered her boyfriend so she could be his.
- Genius Bruiser: Cassidy is a qualified and quite clever doctor and surgeon, he likewise proves to be a quite cunning man. He also shows in The Hand that he is very capable at martial arts, and is one of the Green Meanie killers, having successfully killed multiple people.
- The Heavy: He's the Green Meanie and the main antagonist (at least until Hoffel and Wes enter the fold) but his mother is the one actually orchestrating everything.
- HeelFace Turn: Due to his guilt over the killings and his love for #3, Cassidy decides to stop killing people and even works against Hoffel in the finale.
- Hospital Hottie: An unusually young, attractive doctor.
- Lack of Empathy: Subverted. As the Green Meanie he kills quite a few people, often in quite cruel ways, in his quest to shut the hospital down, but he later admits hes feeling guilty about that and is not sure if he wants to continue. Its revealed the only reason he kills is because his mother hammered it into his head since he was a child.
- Literal Metaphor: Is both cold and cold.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Brock's red.
- The Reveal: it's revealed in 2x05 that he is in fact the flashback baby, and that he and his mother are definitely up to something. In episode 2x06, it's revealed that he's a Green Meanie
- Revenge: His entire killing spree is to avenge his fathers death at the hands of the corrupt doctors in 1985.
- Taking the Bullet: Takes death-by-machete to save #3.
- Tragic Villain: Cassidy appears to have something genuinely wrong with him, shows problems with empathy and a desensitization to violence. Likewise, his motivation to shut down the CURE Institute stems from the corrupt and negligent doctors causing his fathers untimely death back in 1985, then disposing of his body in the swamp and covering it up. Its later revealed his mother raised him with the ingrained belief that if the hospital was ever to reopen he had to kill people to shut it down.
- Tyke Bomb: His mother, being driven mad by her husbands death, raised him to do anything to shut down the hospital, including killing people. Every night as he was growing up she made him repeat it in his prayers.
- Walking Spoiler: Just take a look at this page.
A candy striper at the C.U.R.E. Institute.
- Ambiguously Evil: Even in-universe, Zayday has doubts about him being good or evil. He not a Green Meanie suspect, and he's helping Zayday uncover the Green Meanie, but whether he's a good guy is up for debate. He's only pretending to be a candy striper, claiming to only be there to make people smile, and his ability to move around quickly and quietly unnerves everyone.
- Big Fun: Very large and energetic.
- He Knows Too Much: Is killed by Wes for this reason, as Chamberlain knew he was the Green Meanie.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: Much like how Zayday's role is similar to Grace's original role, Chamberlain takes on Pete's role, along with many of his traits. They're both mysterious and suspicious Love Interests of the season's investigator, often helping her with cases through weird or illegal means.
Ingrid Marie Hoffel (née Bean)
The C.U.R.E. administrator hired by Munsch who has it out for the Chanels.
- Alpha Bitch: Immediately acts like one of these to the Chanels upon meeting them.
- Big Bad: Of Season 2. She forms a partnership with Cassidy, one of the two original Green Meanies, becoming another Green Meanie to haunt the Hospital and becomes the brains of the operation.
- Big Bad Duumvirate: With Jane and eventually Wes in Season 2, with Cassidy as The Dragon. Shes one of the Green Meanies, along with Wes and Cassidy, while Jane is The Man Behind the Man for Cassidy.
- Big-Bad Ensemble: She's this with the Green Meanies until episode 6 when she joins them. Then she is this with Wes until he becomes their ally.
- Big Bad Wannabe: So far, despite their partnership Hoffel has failed to accomplish anything in her plans to murder the Chanels. Her only kill is one she piggybacked off Cassidy. She likewise greater overestimates her abilities.
- Black Mail:
- When Munsch tries to fire her, Hoffel threatens to reveal Munsch's illness, forcing the latter to unfire her.
- When Cassidy admits hes regretting killing people and no longer wants to be the Green Meanie, Hoffel threatens to pin the whole thing upon him and leave him to fry in the electric chair, while she murders the Chanels including (Chanel #3) herself. Depending on how it turns out it might also be Bullying the Dragon.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Is left to drown in the swamp by the others. Even when Munsch comes back to save her, she has a brief Hope Spot before the branch snaps and she sinks even further.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Wants to kill all the Chanels because of her sister's death. This is despite the fact that only one of them killed her and it was actually completely accidental on Chanel's part.
- Final Boss: For Season 2, after she gets rid of all the other Green Meanies and becomes the ultimate main antagonist.
- Functional Addict: She steals drugs from the hospital for personal use.
- It's All About Me: Hoffel is incredibly arrogant; she seems to believe she is the smartest and greatest person at the hospital despite virtually never doing anything.
- Jerkass: Hoffel is easily as bad as Chanel in this regard, and arguably worse. She is rude and cold to everyone, is a huge egomaniac, causally commits felonies like theft, drug abuse and blackmail; and is even willing to murder innocent people in her quest for vengeance.
- Jerkass Has a Point: Remember Ms.Bean from Season One? That was her sister.
- Jerkass Victim: Her motives were insufferably petty in comparison to the more sympathetic Cassidy and Wes who had more understandable motives. It's hard to feel sorry for her once she got hers.
- Misplaced Retribution: Hoffel wants to kill the Chnnels as revenge for killing her sister, however she is perfectly happy to work with a mass murderer and kill innocent people to accomplish her goal.
- Up to Eleven: Takes her revenge scheme to the next level, joining Dr. Cascade as a Green Meanie
- Unfortunate Names: Chanel very quickly points out that Hoffel's initials and surname sound like "I am awful", and makes terrible puns about Hoffel/awful whenever she can.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Despite contributing so little that Munsch could casually fire her, she believes that everyone else at the Hospital is an idiot compared to her. She likewise seems to think shes the Evil Genius despite not yet accomplishing any murders on her own.
- Smug Snake: Is constantly oozing with arrogance towards everyone, but compared to her actual abilities her ego is clearly disproportionate.
- Underestimating Badassery: Ingrid seems to think that Cassidy is just the Dumb Muscle to her Evil Genius. However Cassidy has managed to successfully multiple murder people by this point with no one (except Chanel #5 and Hester) having any idea hes responsible. By contrast, Hoffels large plan to kill Chanel failed due to her not anticipating that Chanel would be unwilling to fly in coach, with her even getting that close being mostly due to luck, and so far shes accomplished nothing on her own.
Our Lady of Perpetual Suffering (1985)
A doctor at Our Lady of Perpetual Suffering.
- Asshole Victim: He was killed in the hospital massacre in the 80's- see Dr. Jerk below.
- Bait the Dog: After initially seeming apathetic and jerkish towards his patient with tuberculosis, he immediately perks up and promises his wife hell personally operate immediately, drain his lungs of the fluid and save him. However, the moment she leaves he reveals he lied about there being a chance to save him and instead dumps the poor man into the swamp, then covered up his death.
- Dr. Jerk: He is an absolute asshole to the wife of a dying patient, a patient that he murders shortly after so that he doesn't miss the hospital's Halloween party.
A nurse at Our Lady of Perpetual Suffering.
- Hello, Nurse!: Laura Bell Bundy is quite attractive.
A patient suffering from the growth of large tumors across his entire body, he comes to the C.U.R.E. Institute looking for treatment and becomes a romantic interest for Chanel #5... so naturally, he's dead by the end of the episode.
- The Bore: Openly admits to having "zero personality".
- Crueland Unusual Death: Get his torso seared before his eyes and his throat is slitted by the Green Meanie.
- Fanboy: He often refers to Encyclopedia Brown.
- Nice Guy: From what we see of him, he's an all around sweet guy.
- Only One Name: His name is Tyler.
A young woman plagued with irregular hair growth, giving her the appearance of a werewolf. She's treated as the C.U.R.E. Institute's flagship patient... and the first victim of season two's killer.
- Beautiful All Along: After being cured and getting a makeover from the Channels, she become really pretty.
- Hairy Girl: Because of her ailment.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: Tries to get the Green Meanie to kill Chanel 5- rather than herself- because, in Catherine's words, "she's awful!"
- Off with Her Head!: Hers is lopped off by the killer.
The Green MeanieA serial killer roaming the halls of the C.U.R.E. Institute, who may or not may not be tied to the hospital's previous life as the shady Our Lady of Perpetual Suffering facility.
- Big Bad: Of season two.
- Big Bad Duumvirate: Like season one, there's three confirmed killers running around. Dr. Cascade and later Dr. Hoffel take up persona of the Green Meanie, but Dr Cascade admitted to Hoffel he didn't kill everyone...
- Episode 8 reveals that Wes Gardner was the second Green Meanie, out to kill the Chanels for changing Grace.
- Big-Bad Ensemble: There are presently three Green Meanies: Doctor Cassidy, whos targeting the patients in an attempt to shut down the hospital; Nurse Hoffel, whose working with Cassidy and targeting the Chanels, and Wes is the third one, who is also trying to kill the Chanels.
- Expy: Of The Red Devil. Both are silent, masked killers that stalk an area that was the scene of a horrible cover-up some odd years ago.
- Eviler Than Thou: Hester outright declares that the Green Meanie makes the Red Devil look like a girl scout.
- Fluffy the Terrible: Green Meanie is hardly an appropriate (or threatening enough) name for a deranged psychopathic mass murderer who dresses as a giant swamp monster and kills people with a machete.
- Palette Swap: The costumes themselves aren't totally similar, but the Green Meanie is effectively a color-switched version of the Red Devil from season one.
- Knight of Cerebus: Compared to the Red Devil at least, the Green Meanie is a lot more competent at killing people. The Red Devil is very much a Paper Tiger whose victims often knock them around in a fight, and their successes more often come from their victims stupidity. The Green Meanie is considerably better at fighting (being able to temporarily keep up with Dean Munsch) and can throw a machete with enough accuracy to behead a person. The Green Meanies kills are likewise more often played for horror over the Red Devils more comedic ones.
- Malevolent Masked Man: Terrorizing the newly-christened C.U.R.E. Institute.
- The Quiet One: Doesn't speak.
- Revenge: All three Green Meanies are motivated by this. Cassidy is motivated by the corrupt doctors killing then covering up his fathers death. Hoffel is motivated by Chanel killing her sister. Wes is motivated by Grace going insane due to her time with the Chanels.
- Weapon of Choice: A cleaver.