A list of characters appearing on Neo Pokeforum.
The team as a whole
Deus Vult stars of as a band of mercaneries of gathered by an eccentric billionaire called Eldes. It wages war against the villainous terrorists of the Cipher, vicious raiders and other outlaws of the Orre region.
- Badass Bookworm: Raksha.
- Badass Driver: Crow.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: Every member of the team will wear archaic suits at some point.
- Badass Native: Wei-Wei
- Five-Man Band: Played with - it's a bit mixed with the Five-Bad Band.
- The Hero: The Crow was voted in as the leader of the group. She's somewhat heroic, even if there's a dark streak in her.
- The Lancer: Seth is the lancer. He secong guesses Crow, undermines her leadership and acts as her foil - they are similiar, yet very different in every aspect.
- The Big Guy: Jet Pierce's primary motivation seems to be to fight a good fight and kick a lot of terrorist ass. He's not even that interested in the reward.
- The Smart Guy: Raksha is the sole normal person in the group and the only one who can actually form coherent thoughts, so she naturally fills this role. Her being exceptionally intelligent is just a bonus.
- The Dark Chick: Wei-Wei.
- Hired Guns: What they all, in the end, are.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: Like you wouldn't believe. The team consists of disgraced aristocrat, a professional criminal, a tribal shaman, a street fighter and a normal person, who's there to keep those weirdos in check. By themselves, those guys would probably be pretty dangerous to society.
- Villain with Good Publicity / Hidden Agenda Villain: Eldes, possibly. Both Seth and Jet believe that his agenda is too selfless and noble to be true, his organization is somewhat shady and Crow being Enigmatic Minion doesn't help.
- Violation of Common Sense: Crow is not trusted by anyone in the organization. Naturally, they elect her as a leader.
Daisy "The Crow" Duvall
A 25 year old female trainer with unknown birth place and real name, she is the leader and de-facto founder of the group. Her past as a professional criminal is revealed via in-game flashbacks.
- Abusive Parents: Her father is very much of a Jerkass.
- Action Survivor: She doesn't have that many victories behind her, but she survived through ridiculous situations including a terrorist attack.
- Ambiguous Disorder: Suffers from what looks like manic depression. Also claims to be paranoid.
- The Atoner: While she never goes into specifics, apparently she did something absolutely terrible - enough for her to run to another country.
- The Alcoholic: And also used to be a heavy smoker. Alcohol is her default method of dealing with stress. Naturally, her psychiatrist does not approve.
- Black and Nerdy: The Crow doesn't always behave in the most sensible manner, but she is very educated, knowing several languages and able to quote (and make up) latin proverbs and poetry.
- The Chosen One: ...oh.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Of course.
- Damsel in Distress: She even lampshades how she keeps getting captured.
- Damsel out of Distress: Absolutely determined to do this one day. So far, she had one... Sort of success and two pathetic failures.
- Deadpan Snarker: Her way of coping with stress. That is, other then Cluster F-Bomb
- Dented Iron: Her body is covered in scars and burns, while some of her bones have been broken multiple times. She used to pull of Le Parkour with ease, now it's much harder for her.
- Determinator: When her strength is gone, there is still hope. When her hope is gone... She won't give up anyway.
- Ditzy Genius: Despite her intelligence, the Crow doesn't exactly possess a lot of common sense, she is easily sidetracked by (metaphorical) shiny objects and has a... a few quirks.
- Embarrassing First Name
- Enigmatic Minion: To Eldes. Or, at least, she seems that way, with her numerous fake names, her unclear role in his organization and being sent obviously to keep an eye on them. Nobody in Deus Vult trusts her, which is why they decided to vote her in as the leader of the group. What.
- Everyone Calls Her the Crow: Because she won't tell you her real name. Seth knows what he thinks is her real name - and insists on calling her that - but unknown to him, it's a pseuodonym too.
- Failure Hero: The Crow can't win. Ever. She's not allowed to. But she can endure.
- The Hero: Performs this role in Deus Vult.
- I Have Many Names: The Crow, the Moth, Daisy Duvall, John Galt. She holds several fake documents and her real name is a complete mystery.
- Master of Unlocking: Because of her experience as a thief, she is very able at using lockpicks. Apparently, Snagem Gang is aware of that, so they threw her in a cell that has electronic lock on the door.
- Mood-Swinger: Her mood changes very fast and often to the extremes. Alcohol mellows her out, somewhat. And so do donuts.
- Primal Fear: Fire.
- Private Detective: Though she openly admits that her track record is somewhat poor.
- Properly Paranoid: The Crow expects danger from everywhere and there's no place she feels safe in. However, whenever she feels that her life is in danger, she's usually right.
- Reformed Criminal: Judging by her flashbacks, she used to be at least a thief - and a member of a criminal family.
- Running Gag: Praise the Helix fossil!
- Samus Is a Girl: Assumes a pseudonym of John Galt at one point. It works wonders, because nobody expects a woman to hide behind this name.
- Sassy Black Woman: Yes.
- Token Minority: The only person of colour on the forum (except for Wei-Wei, who's native american).
Ardus "Seth" Witfield
An aristocrat in his twenties, who fled from his home after a disagreement with his family over his future. Now he roams the world trying to discover his destiny - with varying results.
- Aristocrats Are Evil: Downplayed. Not evil - just a Jerkass.
- Arrogant Trainer Guy: His arrogance is truly staggering, and he is dead sure in his superiority as a trainer over his peers.
- Cain and Abel: His relationship with his brother are less then healthy.
- Establishing Character Moment: Walks around a pokemon laboratory like he owns a place and insults a girl he just met for petty reason.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite being an utter jerk to almost everyone he meets, Ardus has a strong sense of right and wrong, doesn't use shadow pokemon to further his agenda and instead gives them to the fund that will help them recover and doesn't kill a man with ties to a terrorist organization, despite great temptation to do so, instead handing him over to police.
- The Lancer: Performs this role in Deus Vult.
- Lean and Mean: He's certainly not the nicest guy around, and his figure is rather slender.
- Paranoia Fuel: Ardus is paranoid and prone to snap judgements, suspecting a kind old lady giving him shelter in trying to poison him - and the moment he sees an automobile graveyard, he immediately suspects that bandits live there and organize gladiator battles.
- Properly Paranoid: While he is often wrong about exact details, the nature of the region he's adventuring in means that he will be usually right about mistrusting someone or something.
- Private Detective: And a rather good one.
- Playing with Fire: His starter and most powerful pokemon is a fire type.
- Pyro Maniac: His love of fire has heavy shades of this and is sometimes unnerving for the bystanders.
- Self-Made Orphan: Ooops.
The sanest member of Deus Vult, Raksha Matlock is a relatively normal human being, who became a trainer after being inspired by a passerby murkrow. She is a free spirit, who can't be bound to one place.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Becoming a detective was pretty much her destiny - everything she encounters causes her to question and analyze with almost mechanical approach.
- Badass Bookworm: Don't think she's a wimp just because she's the The Smart Guy. She's just as capable of kicking ass.
- Disappeared Dad: Her father was frequently absent from her life, given his profession as a sailor.
- Jumped at the Call: Notably, she is the only trainer in Deus Vult that became one out of her own desire. Ardus and Jethro picked up pokemon to defend themselves, Crow and Wei-Wei had fate handle them their companions, but Raksha just went to the lab and got her starer because she wanted to adventure.
- No Social Skills: Despite her intelligence and education, she has a whooping 1 in her charisma stat.
- The Smart Guy: Performs this role in Deus Vult by virtue of being not insane.
- Nice to the Waiter: She is probably the nicest member of the agency, especially to those beneath her.
- The Quiet One: Of all Deus Vult members, she speaks least often and is more prone to quiet observation and inner monologues.
- Wrench Wench: Was an aspiring mechanic before becoming a poketrainer. She is... rather good at it.
A tribal from the Kel-Tagelm tribe, who is forced by circumstances to work with enemies of her people.
- Androcles' Lion: Got Manco in her team this way.
- Arch-Enemy: Henrich Monroe, a rich and incredibly corrupt drug lord and Cattle Baron.
- Brutal Honesty: Her specialization. She also appreciates Brutal Honesty from other people, finding uncomfortable truths better then sweet lies.
- The Chief's Daughter: Shaman's daughter, which is almost the same thing.
- The Dark Chick: Her role in Deus Vult.
- Dramatic Wind: Never ceases to follow her.
- Deadpan Snarker: It's nearly impossible to tell if she's joking or not.
- Facial Markings: Sometimes wears face paint emulating a dog's grin.
- Friend to All Living Things: Can tame pokemon without using pokeballs.
- Magical Native American: Literally.
- Murder Is the Best Solution: Has no qualms about death, though she never killed anyone with her own hands yet.
- Token Evil Teammate: She is possibly the most evil member of agency and the one with highest (on screen) body count. She can be, however, fairly reasonable and pragmatic.
- Troubled Sympathetic Bigot: She really dislikes white people and having to deal with them. Her prejudice, however, is completly understandable, given how Orre belonged to the native tribes before the colonists rolled in and started taking everything away.
A fist fighter, who decided to become a trainer after his opponent called a machop to beat him up.
- Blood Knight: And his charmander too!
- The Big Guy: Performs this role in Deus Vult.
- Dumb Muscle: He's not an idiot, but he's certainly one of the less intelligent members of the agency.
- Only in It for the Money: Inverted. Money don't interest him in the slightest bit, he wants to fight a good fight.
- The Ace: The best trainer on the forum outside of NPCs, no competition.
- Stepford Smiler
A twenty seven year old Team Rocket executive from Saffron and an
- Badass in a Nice Suit: Wears a black shirt, brown jacket and black trousers.
- Big Bad: Head of Team Rocket.
- Blood Knight: Does not back away from the fights and shows clear enthusiasm about taking part in them.
- Guile Hero: Has maximum charisma and nearly maximum intelligence, both of which he has to use frequently.
- Lawful Evil
- Technical Pacifist: Notable aversion. Unlike most other PCs on the forum, Max is not above shooting people with a gun - most notable being his cold blooded murder of a cop In the Back.
- Token Good Teammate: Not him, by no means, but his blastoise, Shellshocker, is the least evil member of his pokemon party.
Chari "Mahariel" Milily
A twenty one year trainer from Hoenn with an extremely mysterious past, who knows suspicious amount of information about pokemon and criminal teams.
- Bad Dreams: That might be future. Or past.
- Big Beautiful Woman: While by no means fat, she is described by her player as chubby and looking younger her age.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Doesn't even begin to describe it.
- Lawful Good: Duty and altruism are both central to her character.
- Not Afraid to Die: She faces a pack of savage hyenas with a lot more dignity and bravery then is expected from a normal human being.
- Theme Naming: Is very fond of "-el" suffix, as can be seen from all her party names and her own fake name.|
A G.I. and an officer from Johto, who almost lost his sight after a catastrophic mission failure - along with most of his squad. Now he is fighting a special kind of war, eager to challenge both The Mob and Team Rocket, if it means doing the right thing.
- Awesome Mc Coolname: Come on, say it with me. Leonard. Tranquil.
- Bad Liar: His lies are somewhat unconvincing and he has no trouble switching stories, expecting people to believe the second one.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Has three symmethric diagonal scars going through his whole fact.
- The Stoic: Never loses his composure, shares this trait with his gastly.
Tom "Tommy Gun" Allen
A 15 year old trainer from Kanto, who was murdered in an inheritance scam, but reincarnated by Giratina, who allowed him to have his revenge.
- Abusive Parents: While his second father was not physically abusive, he still would not win Father of the Year award.
- Berserk Button: Absolutely hates bullies of any kind.
- Giver of Lame Names: Named his squirtle Aquo. Because it's a water pokemon.
- Insufferable Genius: Behaves like this every walking moment of his life.
- I Shall Taunt You: He taunts his enemies with extremely long-winded speeches, seeking to anger and confuse them.
- Jerkass: Has his moments, including calling his friends out on attempting to save his life.
- The Spock: Most of the time.
- That Man Is Dead: Repeatedly mentions how he hates Tom Black - without mentioning that Tom Black just happens to be his old, pre-reincarnation, name.
- Your Days Are Numbered: Has a year to live.
An eighteen year old trainer from Unova, who started her journey as an assistant in the lab.
- Deadpan Snarker: Emphasis on "deadpan" part. When offended, her passive-agressive sarcasm is simply vicious.
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: Unlike majority of other characters, she sports a decidedly russian name.
- Naïve Newcomer: While she is not exactly naive, she certainly has more light-hearted approach to both being a trainer and to life in general than the Crow, Leonard and especially Tom.
- No Social Skills: Bluntly asks a guy she just met if he has somebody close and if he would like to travel with her, making him uncomfortable in a moment. That might or might not have been intentional.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: Perlovka barely started her journey, but already shown herself as independent yet kind, intelligent yet idealistic.