A small page who gathers other characters related to the cast in some way. It's also regrouping the ones who made an appeareance in the Dies Irae spinoff, Interview with Kaziklu Bey.
JohanThe twin-brother of Isaak. Originally believed to have died, in reality, Lisa managed to conceal his existence and allow him to have a normal life. He is also the grandfather of Kasumi.
- Death Faked for You: His mother Lisa managed to make everyone believe that he died at a young age when in actuality she hid him.
- The Ghost: Never seen or heard but is an important background character.
- Strong Family Resemblance: While only briefly seen in a flashback of the anime, he certainly inherited the looks from his mother, unlike Isaac.
Voiced by: Hatsumi Takada
In other words, she's nothing more than a symbol of the mother/sister he perceives, but her love is genuine. She has sworn to exert all her power for Wilhelm.
- Absurdly Youthful Mother: Despite having been a child when she was raped by her father and had Wilhelm, she still looked remarkably young when she was killed by him.
- Black Eyes of Crazy: Just like her son, she has black sclerae. Unlike him, she has those kind of eyes permanently.
- BrotherSister Incest: Was raped Wilhelm, her brother and son, before being killed by him.
- Enemy Within: While she is loving towards Wilhelm, she is so in a severely destructive way, wanting to drain his soul dry.
- Mad Love: Despite the twisted nature of her and her brothers relationship, she acts unfailingly as a Doting Parent to him. But things are clear very quickly that she doesn't exactly have all the horses in the shed.
- Mama Bear: If she feels like Wilhelm is threatened, she will immediately violently lash out against the attacker.
- The Ophelia: Cheery, friendly to visitors and a Doting Parent, and tries to take great care of the blood soaked rose garden within Wilhelm's soul.
- Our Vampires Are Different
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- This Is Unforgivable!: When Shirou whispers in her ear that someone is bullying Wilhelm, she goes ballistic and repeats the word "unforgivable" over and over again.
- Vocal Dissonance: Despite looking like a child, she talks in a surprisingly deep register.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has red hair.
Voiced by: Kosuke Toriumi
A member of the Deutsches Ahnenerbe turned soldier who fought in World War II alongside his friend Michael Wittmann.
- Identical Grandson: In Marie's world formed at the end of the Rea Route, Ren is this to him, as he is not only Lotus' reincarnation, but also his great-grandson.
- Living Emotional Crutch: Served as Michael's sole source of emotional comfort as the stress of war further exhausted him. Unfortunately, Michael had to kill Lotus after their souls where absorbed into Gladsheim and where forced into a duel to the death, completely breaking him.
- My Name Is ???: Whenever his name is mentioned in the narrative it is blanked out and it is garbled when spoken. Only in the epilogue of Rea's route is he finally named.
- Posthumous Character: Only appears in flashbacks.
- Rejecting the Inheritance: He came from a long line of executioners and was expected to take up the mantle, something he wanted nothing to do with.
Interview with Kaziklu Bey
Voiced by: Ryoko Shiraishi
A modern-day woman who seeks out Wilhelm for an interview, she manages to catch him just before he sets off for Suwahara City. Calm and collected she's exactly the kind of driven career woman that Wilhelm would be quick to call his type.
- Expy: Of Daniel Molloy from Interview with the Vampire.
- Nerves of Steel: Even as Wilhelm is recounting some of the most depraved things he has done and experienced, she keeps her cool and resumes the interview without interruption.
- The Reveal: The end of the story reveals that she was in reality a CIA agent that was interviewing Wilhelm to try and get information on the Transmutation of Gold as well as trying to kill Wilhelm once she gained that info.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Once she gained the info she needed she tries to kill Wilhelm via electrification. After she fled, she then herself suffer from this trope when her superior sets of a bomb in her car after hearing about the Transmutation of Gold.
Voiced by: Mamiko Noto
A nun Wilhelm met during the Warsaw Uprising. She is an albino, just like him, and thus they end up living together after their encounter. She believes herself to be only half a person since she cannot live in the realm of the day, and sees others as superior to her in every way.
- Affectionate Nickname: Gives Ludwig the nickname of Louie.
- Angelic Transformation: One part of her long lasting desire was to be able to turn into an angel just as Wilhelm wanted to become a vampire. Suffice to say, she got her wish, and it cost her her life.
- Artifact of Doom: Her rosary was, unknown to all but Mercurius, her Ahnenerbe that she found in the tomb under Katyn forest. But it was empty and as a result, no one was able to notice it. This also enable her to create her Creation Figment, and since it was empty, it ends up using her own soul as fuel.
- Bandage Babe: She likes to walk around in the sun despite her albinism, and as such, often end up with nasty sunburns that she has to bandage up.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: She wished an eternal day. That resulted in Beri'ah that creates the light powerful that it burns everything in its range. And since she also associated the light with being burned, it also affects her as well.
- Body Horror:
- The bite-mark left by Methuselah on her neck is not some of typically clean vampiric bites, but is rather a horrific swollen and inflamed wound that is wriggling and pulsating like a second heart.
- Once her Beri'ah activates, she ends up with a huge and deep cross shaped wound on her chest alongside vicious burns.
- The Cameo: Briefly appears in episode 11 of the anime during Wilhelm's thoughts about the past.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: A bit of an airhead and and often seem quite lacking in common sense.
- Deadly Upgrade: Her Beri'ah burns everything in its range, including Claudia herself.
- Demonic Possession: Ends up possessed by Methuselah which causes her to exhibit some strange behaviors and eventually to run straight into his arms.
- Disappears into Light: She fades away in a shower of light when she dies.
- Fangirl: Is quite a fan of action and spy novels and movies. She also really looks up the the legendary spy of the First World War, Mata Hari.
- Heroic Albino: In stark contrast to Wilhelm, she is kindhearted and sweet while still being albino.
- Heroic Sacrifice: She overloaded her own soul to destroy her rosary in order to end her Creation Figment to protect Wilhelm.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Played with in that she doesn't necessary deride herself for what she lacks, but rather overvalues what others have.
- Ill Girl: Due to her constantly going out into the sunlight despite her albinism, she ended up developing skin cancer. By the time the story takes place, she is predicted to only have a month left to live. And even though she is able to fake being healthy, Wilhelm notes that it's a miracle she can even do the most basic of things in her state.
- Leitmotif: Si vis amari ama and Metatron.
- I Just Want to Be Badass: Pretty quickly after meeting Wilhelm she expresses a desire to be able to use the kind of powers that he has.
- Light 'em Up: Her Beri'ah transforms her into an angel-like creature that exudes bright light that burns everything in its range.
- The Medic: Prior to meeting Wilhelm she was an army nurse.
- Nice Girl: Cheery and friendly to a fault. Even as Wilhelm threaten her and sling insults her way, she remains ever nice too him regardless.
- Not Afraid to Die: One thing that constantly bothers Wilhelm about Claudia is her seemingly complete disregard for her own life. He eventually decides that he is gonna get her to somehow fear for her life in order to make her "complete" so he can kill her then.
- Opposites Attract: Very much unlike Wilhelm, she longs for the daylight while he embraces the night. Despite that though, as both she and Wilhelm are albino and thus can only really be out and about at night, she ends up feeling a connection to him.
- Our Angels Are Different: In her Beri'ah she turns into an enormous angelic creature that exudes a burning light on everything around her.
- Our Vampires Are Different: She is temporarily turned into a half-vampire by Methuselah in his attempt to save her.
- Power Incontinence: Due to it not activating it out of her own free will and not having any experience with it, she can't control her Beri'ah.
- Quality over Quantity: Much like Ren, she has one, but powerful soul. Unfortunately, unlike him, her Beri'ah also burns her own soul.
- Reality Ensues:
- She is infatuated with the light despite all the burns and pain she suffers from it. She ends up developing skin cancer due to this.
- Her sickness, no matter how powerful the LDO are, curing terminal cancer is something that's out of most of their expertise. Only Karl and Rusalka are the only ones capable of being able to do something about it but Wilhelm adamantly refuses to make a deal between those two.
- Secretly Dying: She was trying to hide the fact that she was dying due to terminal cancer from Wilhelm.
- Unexplained Recovery: After the events in Katyn, she is left bedridden, yet she was up and about just a few days later with even more vitality than before. Both Wilhelm and Eleonore find her sudden recovery highly suspect. Methuselah later turns out to be the cause.
- Your Days Are Numbered: She is expected to only have a month left to live by the time the story starts.
Ludwig van Rosenkranz / Methuselah
Voiced by: Ryotaro Okiayu
A mysterious man Wilhelm and the others encountered in 1944 on their mission to expel an anomaly from Katyn Forest. A self-proclaimed special operative of the Vatican, he acts cordial to the Obsidian Table, but his true motives lies shrouded in darkness.
- Affectionate Nickname: Louie, by Claudia.
- All Take and No Give: Wilhelm points this out in regards to Ludwig's treatment to Claudia. Despite having all of his affection be directed towards Claudia and giving her everything she would ever want. Claudia had yet to create any loving affection in her heart to him before she could accept all of the things Ludwig had granted her.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: From elemental darkness to spiritual, he is the embodiment of the very concept of darkness in all its forms.
- Anti-Villain: He is simply a lonely deity that wants to live out the end of the world with someone he can love at his side. The ways in which he tries to go about it however are far from altruistic.
- Attack Reflector: His Gloria Virtutem Tamquam Umbra Sequitur sends the attacks back to opponents.
- Badass Longcoat
- Berserk Button: Making light of and disrespecting nature can really tilt this mans gears and make him drop his usually calm demeanor.
- Big "WHAT?!": He is unable to hide his surprise when he finds out that Wilhelm, who he previously defeated with little effort, is actually able to hurt him.
- Black Speech: Whenever he chants one of his spells, a static filter is overlayed to give it an alien tone in the same way as with Mercurius.
- Brown Note: As he is merely starting to unleash his powers, he causes people to either go mad or straight up commit suicide all across Europe. And those who didn't would suffer nightmares for years to come.
- Casting a Shadow: He can control darkness.
- Clap Your Hands If You Believe: He was basically born from humans worshiping the dark. This trope also influences his powers. For example, in times past darkness was simply considered another element, neither good nor evil, but as time advanced people started to fear it which resulted in the darkness taking on the traits of those fears, manifesting as countless jaws that trap and devour those caught.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: To call Wilhelm's first real fight against Methuselah one-sided might be an understatement, as Wilhelm is left a bloody mess on the floor without ever landing a single hit.
- Deadly Force Field: Tries to trap Machina in a constantly shrinking force field. Machina simply punches his way out. Methuselah then simply adds layer after layer to the field, totaling at over 500,000, effectively removing Machina from the fight as it would take him hours at the very least for him to destroy all of the layers.
- Dead Person Impersonation: "Ludwig" is just someone that was sent and died in Katyn forest whose identity Methuselah then assumed.
- Deliberate Injury Gambit: He allows himself to take a big punch from Wilhelm so that Claudia begins scolding him when she bursts in moments later.
- Disappears into Light: Inverted, he disappears into darkness when he dies.
- Flat "What": When Mercurius tells him that he still has a score to settle, Methuselah can't help but respond in confusion.
- Gratuitous Latin: All his spells are various Latin phrases.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: His act of turning Claudia into a half vampire and then hiding her within himself ends up biting him in the ass big time when Wilhelm was able to use the blood she sucked from him to not only even out the fight, but also to summon Qliphoth Bacikal from within Methuselah himself, dealing a decisive blow.
- Hopeless Suitor: Desperately wants to have Claudia by his side while she already have eyes only for Wilhelm.
- Leitmotif: Tenebrae and Methuselah.
- Living Relic: He is the only god (do not confuse with Hadou/Gudou Gods) left as he was the one who was the most similar to Mercurius allowing him to retain his existence.
- My Name Is Inigo Montoya:"Try as you might, I am Methuselah. I am above all you Noahs. I simply cannot fall before my children."
- Our Gods Are Different: Unlike the great Hegemonic Gods, Methuselah is a god born from humans worshiping the concept of darkness from way back in the times of the Arcane. This also makes him a sort of fragment of Mercurius.
- Person of Mass Destruction: If he wanted to, he could rip away all the darkness of the world leaving only emptiness in its place where neither light nor dark could exist, followed by its inevitable collapse.
- Right for the Wrong Reasons: His statement about Reinhard vanishing should he achieve his hegemony was not necessarily wrong, even though he was wrong in how it would happen. Ludwig assumed it was cause either his law would be self destructive or someone else would take him down. In reality it is due to Reinhard being Mercurius' apoptosis, and thus cannot exist without him, making his quest doomed from the start.
- The Sacred Darkness: Originally, he was simply the embodiment of peoples worship of the darkness, viewed as neither good nor evil. That changed over time however.
- The Soulless: He doesn't have a soul and so the LDO members (except for Machina and Reinhard) can't harm him.
- The Stoic: He doesn't emote much, and even the times he does it tends to be rather subdued.
- Time Abyss: He is as old as the idea of humans worshiping darkness itself. According to Mercurius, he might be as old as thirty thousand years.
- Time Master: By reliving the endless number of nights he has experienced throughout his existence he is able to speed up time around himself to a ludicrous degree, reducing the bodies of both the L.D.O. and Reinhard's army to dust.
- Underestimating Badassery: He made the ever so fatal mistake of underestimating both what kind of man Reinhard is and just how powerful he really is.
- Willfully Weak:
- When fighting a couple of soldiers he chooses to fight as a Badass Normal instead of using any of his powers in order to conceal his true nature. Wilhelm however was not convinced as something about the way he fought seemed off, like it was taken straight out of a textbook rather than some movement an actual elite fighter would use.
- Even after revealing his true power, he keeps on holding back since he could destroy the world with his might, something he is not exactly after.
- You Cannot Grasp the True Form: As he reveals himself to Wilhelm, the former is struggling to grasp just what it is he is seeing.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has red hair.