This is the character page for all of the Gods who made an appearance through the Visual Novels and Dies Irae Pantheon.
Long before the beginning of the series, an advanced and futuristic civilization proceed to create the Throne, an Ancient Artifact whose power is to spread the wish and desire (named "Law") of any character who reached hegemonic godhood. Since then, several people were able to use it, be it an altruistic goal (like Tasogare), selfish goal (like Hajun), or in-between. However, There Can Be Only One since the various wishes of the gods often clash with each other, meaning the only way to access the Throne is to kill the current Hegemony God.
All spoilers are unmarked.
- All Your Powers Combined: The Throne itself possesses an archive of all previous Gods' powers and Laws, allowing whoever is currently sitting on it to use them at will, albeit weaker than the original if their Laws are conflicting each other.
- Ancient Artifact: An ancient device created from an extremely advanced civilization.
- Applied Phlebotinum: It is the Throne which allows the Hegemony God occupying it to do anything towards Creation they want.
- Ascend to a Higher Plane of Existence: Not only does the Throne allow an individual to become a God, but the Throne itself had also undergone ascension. Originally it was just a regular, if extremely powerful, device that allowed for control of the universe. But after Mercurius emanated his law which led to the birth of endless new universes, timelines and dimensions, the Throne itself changed into something that cannot be described in words that allows for the absolute dominion of all of reality.
- Clarke's Third Law: A tool which appears to be able to magically manipulate reality, but is actually a byproduct from an extremely advanced civilization prior to the series.
- Eldritch Location: The place called the Origin Coordinate in which the Throne resides is often described as a blank zone, nothingness or nowhere. It's not a dimension. It is said to be so extreme that it can't be described in any language. The closest it can be called is simply a "place" where concepts do not exist.
- Power Copying: Records all Worlds and their respective Laws used in its presence exist within the Throne's archive, and this enables the current holder to activate and use the recorded Laws. The recorded Laws are:
- Ningenron - Dualism
- Daten Naraku - Fallen Hell
- Tendou Hisouten - Sorrow Heaven
- Eigo-Kaiki - Eternal Recurrence/Omega Ewigkeit
- Rinne Tensei - Land of Twilight
- Dai Yokukai Tengu-Dou - The Great Tengu's Path to the Desire Realm
- Yaoyorozu - Mandala of the Breaking Dawn
- Shurado-Shikoten - The Heavenly Path of the Asura
- Mugen Daiguren Jigoku - Eternal Hell of the Great Crimson Lotus
- Magic from Technology: While appearing as a mystical magic tool which can manipulate reality, it was originally a machine built by the civilization Mithra belonged to.
NarakaA group of five warriors from the time before the Throne's existence. They were close friends of Mithra, the First Heaven, and one of which, Varuna, was her lover. After Mithra ascended to godhood they allowed their own consciousness to merge with the Throne, effectively becoming the will of the Throne itself. While those that make up the group has never appeared, they are still making their presence known with the numerous Sensories of Varuna known as Observers. Sensories whose appearance signals the end of the current era.
Eventually it is revealed that things surrounding this entity are a lot more complicated, the warriors simply took on the name of a mysterious being located at the Origin Coordinate after having come into contact with it, seemingly having gone insane from having been in it's presence. The whole system of the Throne was as a result conceived to suppress it, lest risking it swallowing everything.
- Above the Gods: Heavily hinted at standing above even the great gods of the Shinza verse.
- Ancient Evil: Heavily implied to be a powerful antagonistic force from well before the Throne was even a thing.
- Eldritch Abomination: Whatever the true Naraka is, it was enough to drive all of the warriors who came in contact with it into insanity, even Mithra who resisted it at first.
- Even More Omnipotent: Implied to be even more powerful than any of the great Hegemonic Gods, and perhaps even standing at the very top of the verse's power hierarchy.
- The Ghost: They are perhaps one of the most important background characters in the series, and yet they are only really known from scattered information provided by Masada himself. And then there is the being Naraka itself which is even more of a mystery.
- God in Human Form: Although the group itself has never appeared in the series, the avatars of one of the members have. Characters such as Judas Strife, Shirou Yusa and Zurvan are all some of his Sensories.
- Greater-Scope Villain: It is very rarely seen acting directly throughout the Shinza Bansho franchise, but its existence was the very reason that the Throne the franchise revolves around was created in the first place.
- Signs of the End Times: Whenever one of Varuna's avatars makes an appearance, it signals that the end of the current ruling God is drawing near.
- True Companions: From what little is known about them, it seems like they were an incredibly tight knit group. Though by the time of Pantheon that friendship seems to have eroded. It is eventually revealed that it was a different Naraka Mithra was referring to when she made her hostility towards it clear.
- Unseen Evil: An immensely powerful presence that is said to be a threat to all of existence yet has never been seen and is mostly only hinted at.
- You Cannot Grasp the True Form: Whatever Naraka is, it drove everyone who encountered it mad. And when Magsarion was exposed to a tiny fraction of it it was something that he just couldn't wrap his head around, like it could tear his very being apart.
- Abstract Apotheosis: Every God is the personification of their respective Law.
- Back from the Dead: In Pantheon, all of the past Gods are revived from the Throne's memory by Kouha.
- Continuity Rebooter: In general each God tend to emanate their law at the end of each main story, leading to brand new continuities for each new saga.
- Cosmic Entity: Every deity is essentially this. A cosmos in the form of a human that subjugates the surrounding reality to their Craving (law).
- Deity of Human Origin: Each of the Gods were once humans who through various circumstances created and emanated their own desires on a universal scale, allowing their cravings to be made into natural laws after taking the Throne from its current God.
- De-Power: All of the gods summoned by Kouha at the start of the Pantheon are significantly weaker when compared to their original selves. This is due to the way her power works as her understanding of them affects their power, and since they all have such alien and difficult to grasp mindsets, they end up weaker as a result. This can, however, also work the other way around as she can also end up making them even stronger than they originally were or even bring up normal humans to their level. The sole exception to this seems to be Hajun as his nature causes a constant feedback loop, similar to when he still had the tumor albeit not to as an extreme extent, that causes him to constantly gain power regardless of her input.
- The Force Is Strong with This One: Gods are able to sense souls across all of reality and see them in different color spectra or perceive them differently.
- God: Each and every one of them was the God of their respective era after they claimed the Throne.
- God Is Evil: Many of them created universes filled with pain and suffering or were otherwise inhospitable to humankind. Only Marie, Ren, and Hirume could be considered remotely nice.
- God in Human Form: Each of the Gods are bound to the Throne. As such, if they want to interact with the mortal realm, they have to use an external avatar known as a Sensory, and function as their sense of touch. This avatar is both an extension of the God in question while also being an independent entity at the same time.
- Healing Factor: All Gods have one, allowing them to heal almost all injuries, making it even more difficult to kill one.
- Immortality: Gods will never age and can heal almost any wound. The only way to die for them is to be killed by a stronger God.
- Klingon Promotion: In order to claim the Throne from the previous God, it is necessary to kill them since multiple Hegemony Gods cannot coexist. In Pantheon however, Ren notes that it seems that this rule has broken down after seeing all of the Gods talking to each other.
- Nigh-Invulnerability: Only another God can kill one.
- Our Gods Are Different: As Hegemony Gods, they are literally walking universes.
- Reset Button: The universe is reset when the previous God is killed and a new one takes the Throne, creating their Heaven. The exception to this was when Marie took the Throne from Mercurius without killing him, causing the current world to continue as before, except with Marie's law instead of Mercurius'.
Gods of Shinza
- Voiced by: Mikako Komatsu
The very first Hegemony God in the Throne archive. A cynical woman that ruled the universe in a dystopic way, believing herself to be the only true righteousness.
- 0% Approval Rating: Utterly loathed by the other gods, especially when she reveals that their entire lives have been nothing but a farce. Suffice to say, in just a short interaction they start to understand why Magsarion hates her as much as he does.
- Advanced Ancient Humans: Her civilization was able to create the Throne, a metaphysical weapon capable of manipulating entire Multiverses as a mere byproduct.
- Anything That Moves: She has pretty flexible standards to what she finds attractive. Pretty much, if it has a Y chromosome, it's fair game. And yes, even Hajun.
- Back from the Dead: Along with the other Hegemony Gods, she was revived by the Throne at the start of Pantheon.
- Black-and-White Insanity: By labelling everyone as "Good" or "Evil", she created one of the most chaotic universes, due to every human being forced to take a side in a Forever War between the two factions.
- Cosmetically Advanced Prequel: Sort of. Her futuristic-looking throne indicates that she hailed from an advanced civilization.
- Evil vs. Evil: Despite the factions during her era being defined by Good and Evil, they where really closer to this trope. The "Good" side was a collection of brutish individuals, driven by hatred and resentment, destroying both the enemy and themselves. The "Evil" side meanwhile where dazzlingly beautiful and prideful individuals who carried out atrocities without a hint of maliciousness in them.
- Forever War: Her era was one constantly wrought by war and bloodshed due to the nature of her law which forced the creation of two distinct sides, one labelled Good and the other Evil from birth. Making this worse, should one side prove victorious over the other, then the line between good and evil will shift so that some of those who used to be good are now labeled as evil causing the war to just keep on going.
- The Gadfly: It is unclear how much of it is due to her personality and how much it is due to her Commandment, but she tends to have a really bad habit of getting under the other gods, and even Kouha's, skins.
- Meaningful Name: Her divine name Shinga (真我) can also be translated to "Truly I", indicating her delusional self-justification.
- Mismatched Eyes: A blue and a red eye, emphasizing her Black-and-White Insanity.
- Moral Myopia: Her Law, which makes any action and belief she takes as the only "right" thing, making it an objective truth. Her law also enforces this on a larger scale by forcing every living being into one of two sides. It also causes either side to be incapable of understanding and seeing the other's point of view, only ever seeing their won side as right regardless of actions taken.
- Multicolored Hair: Red hair coupled with some pink.
- Precursors: Coming from a civilization capable of creating the Throne makes her this.
- Smug Super: She is the oldest and most knowledgeable of all the Heavens and she knows it, always seemingly looking down on her fellow gods and always having an incredibly smug smile constantly plastered over her face.
- Tautological Templar: She believes herself to be the ultimate "justice" and the only true virtuous being, believing that she should not and cannot feel any sort of guilt from her actions. Therefore, her Law enables her to decide that any individual that does not agree with her intentions and beliefs will be labelled as "evil" and any objective morality that encompasses herself as the ultimate "right". Thus, her beliefs and actions became the objective "truth", as she embodies the only true righteousness.
- Unmoving Plaid: The numerous circuits on her clothes and skin.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Although very loosely, she had somewhat decent intentions by creating the system around the Throne as well as the ideas of succession, all to create powerful warriors that could perhaps stand a chance against Naraka.
The Second Heaven and the obsessive man that killed Mithra, believing that in order to overcome evil, one must become an even greater evil. Believing the good side to be the inferior side, where he needed to become an evil that surpassed all other evil, he revered himself as the "greatest evil", ruling over all other evils. He enacted genocide on the First Heaven, slaughtering literally every living being personally. His followers are the Seven Demon Lords with their household and Vahman Yasht.
For info on him in Avesta of Black and White, see here.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: He is the Second Hegemony God, and is a Sharp-Dressed Man to boot.
- Beyond the Impossible: Upon revival, he ended up in quite the argument with Hajun pretty quickly and actually managed to wound him before Ren intervened. The fact that he managed this was seen as an outright impossibility by those watching.
- Crapsack World: His era was one where the very idea of "good" straight-up could not exist leading to the Darwinist hellhole that is the setting for Paradise Lost.
- Evil vs. Evil: His law forced this trope upon the universe, planting the original sin in every living being leading to a chaotic Darwinist universe where desires grew unchecked without shame or restraint and where evil slays evil nonstop.
- Expy: Towards the Abrahamic God YHWH.
- Final Solution: To end Mithra's law of eternal conflict of Good versus Evil, he killed every human being in the universe.
- Genocide from the Inside: While originally an ally of Mithra and "Good" faction, he defected to the "Evil" faction. He later wiped out both sides completely.
- God of Evil: His main defining trait as a Hegemony God, by self-proclaiming himself the "Greatest Evil", who rules over all evils.
- Graceful Loser: According to the Pantheon prologue, he had no hard feelings towards Satanel for dethroning him. In fact, he was actually somewhat content with the arrangement as it meant that the last vestiges of the First Heavens era would finally be erased.
- Invincible Villain: Throughout his life he was never defeated once in combat. He only lost the Throne due to Satanel using his intelligence to circumvent the system all together.
- Kill All Humans: The First Heaven's world, Ahura Mazda, is active as long as there were living beings. He ultimately choose to massacre all of humanity to end it altogether.
- Necessarily Evil: He views himself as the greatest evil that will slay all evils."You say I'm not 'Good'?! Then I'll accept it, witness me as the Evil that feasts upon Evil!"
- No Name Given: The only Hegemony God whose true name was unknown for a long time, only known by his divine name, Muzan. It was eventually revealed in Avesta to be Magsarion.
- Not So Different: He very reluctantly admits that he might not be all that dissimilar to Hajun, since both of them intended to slaughter all of humanity albeit with a different goal in mind.
- The Power of Hate: While the side of Good during the First Heaven's era was known to be ruthless and hateful, Magsarion was in a league of his own. A man whose hate was so unbridled that he just kept on killing and pressing on no matter what until he had slaughtered every single being in the universe and reached the Throne.
- Smite Evil: His Law forces all individuals to bear sin within their hearts, but erases the concept of evil from his universe. While erasing evil, it does not erase evil actions, which are constantly punished by more "evil" actions in order to reach good.
- The Unfettered: How he managed to beat Mithra: By killing everyone, her Law wouldn't work anymore.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist / Not-So-Well-Intentioned Extremist: Zig-zagged. While he did stop Mithra's Forever War, he did so by killing everyone, and his world was as chaotic as hers, due to his Law.
- World's Best Warrior: Is considered to be the ultimate warrior out of all the gods.
- You Don't Look Like You: He got a pretty substantial overhaul to his design compared to how he was first portrayed in Kajiri Kamui Kagura.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Purple.
The third holder of the Throne. A genius scientist that was described as "too pure", going far enough to say he was a man that "looked exactly like God would". Being an arrogant man that lived only for perfections, not accepting any imperfections, he continually strived to help the world getting rid of all sin.
His followers are the Grigori, the Great Sinners and Shamash.
- Abdicate the Throne: When Mercurius rose as a God, Satanel relinquished the Throne to him of his own accord, reasoning that doing otherwise would be evil and that Mercurius' existence meant that he had made a mistake, something that didn't mesh with his view of perfection.
- Butterfly of Doom: His plan of becoming God by travelling to the beginning of the world succeded in the end but his messing with causality led to a paradox which became Mercurius in the end, who ended up killing him.
- Death from Above: Can summon a meteor rain.
- The Evils of Free Will: Free will is a sin and therefore erased in Satanael's world as it is a cause of contradictions, which creates suffering.
- Getting Smilies Painted on Your Soul: His Law creates the perfect world but at the cost of free will and ambitions.
- God of Order: While his desire is the removal of sin, in practice it manifests in effectively turning the entire world into a sort of computer with no free will where everything is neat and ordered.
- Hollywood Acid: Can summon "acid" that completely distorts the atmosphere on a planetary scale.
- Magical Incantation: Has one for his law:Alpha, Omega, Ely ,Elohe, Elohim, Zabanot, Elion, Sady.
Thou, I order thee to become my lightning and witness the falling Satan from Heaven.
Thou will be the one to grant us, under thy feet, the power to subjugate all enemies.
Thus, no matter what, nothing will ever bring me harm.
Oh, Gloria. Open the Gate of eternity!
Who is the king of eternity? It is God all mighty. God is the glorious King.
- Mary Suetopia: His Law creates a perfect, peaceful world, at the slight cost of all free will.
- Our Gods Are Different: As a Hegemony God, he is literally a walking universe.
- Power Level: Has a Taikyoku Value of 80, making him weaker than Mercurius, Reinhard and Marie.
- Playing with Fire: Can summon the fires of Armageddon which burn until the opponent is reduced to nothing, even their souls being destroyed.
- Pride: Believes himself to surpasses God, which became very ironic after he became God himself. In fact, it was his pride that helped him form his purity by believing himself to be the purest being there is.
- Perfection Is Impossible: As much as he tried to create a perfect world, even he ends up making mistakes. And in his case, his mistake happened to be a very big one. Due to the roundabout way he used to claim the Throne he also ended up creating an alternate universe which lead to the birth of Mercurius. This is something he bitterly remarks on when the two come face to face, resulting in him giving up the Throne without resistance.
- Purity Personified: Thanks to his purity he has one of the most stable worlds. As he possesses no Apoptosis due to having no self-destructive urges and having erased ambition from mankind it was nearly impossible to have someone replace him. In the end, he was only defeated due to Mercurius' paradoxical nature and origin.
- Satan: He takes a lot of cues from Lucifer, only he's associated with light and law instead of darkness and chaos. Not only is his last name "Satanael," his major sin in Paradise Lost is Pride, which Lucifer represents, and he's trying to overthrow a god.
- Seers: Can freely view the future, past and present, even before becoming a God.
- The Swarm: Can summon gigantic swarms of locusts.
- Taken for Granite: Using his Law, he can turn people into pillars of salt.
- Totalitarian Utilitarian: He went so far as to erase ambition from the souls of the world, as they would disturb the needs of the many.
- Utopia: His entire life Satanael strived to create this and succeeded in a way. While he viewed it as a utopia, it still had flaws from others' viewpoints.
- Utopia Justifies the Means: Opposes the chaotic and depressing world of the second heaven and uses any method to change it.
- Unblockable Attack: Can summon an energy blast that grows stronger until it overwhelms the target.
- Weather Manipulation: Can manipulate the weather by summoning a giant acid cloud in order to distort the atmosphere.
- World's Smartest Man: Out of all the gods he is considered the most intelligent of them all. Just as Magsarion was considered the ultimate warrior, Satanel was considered the ultimate scholar.
The fourth holder of the Throne, a God who has lived through countless years and timelines. He is obsessed with Marie and finding the unknown, and will not be satisfied with death until he finds it in Marie's arms or at the hands of a factor beyond his ken. At the end of his reign he gave the Throne to Marie and became one of her guardians in her route in Dies Irae. It's revealed in its sequel Kajiri Kamui Kagura he died along with Reinhard when Marie was killed by Hajun, ending her Law.
His followers is a group known as Gomorrah.
For info on him during Dies Irae, see here.
- Accidental Discovery: Invented timelines and the multiverse by trying to connect it with his paradoxical nature. This also transformed the Throne from a machine that rules over the single universe to a metaphysical device that rules over the multiverse.
- Death Seeker: He originally was a human with an insane desire for knowledge that lead to him emanating a world where he knows everything. This foreknowledge of all existence causes him to become suicidal and orchestrate the entire story of the prequel Dies Irae in order to die from Marie's touch. In the end, he ended up losing the throne to Marie without dying and managed to create two more Hegemony Gods during the process, one of them being Ren, the other being Reinhard.
- Irony: He wanted to die by Marie's touch but ended up as her Throne Guardian instead.
- I Have Many Names: Karl Ernst Krafft, Alessandro Cagliostro, Hermes Trismegistus, Count of St. Germain, Michel de Nostredame, Paracelsus, Johann Georg Faust, Christian Rosenkreuz, Albertus Magnus and many others.
- Magical Incantation: Has one for activating his Law:Arte of divinity, extolled genius, alien diction: mankinds bane, the hearts lament.
A bond from fortune wrought, its core in tragedy tested, chiselled to perfection.
Fortune, O mistress ever so fickle: you claim for your own all that was once given.
Blind is Fortune, yet blind, too, are those that seek refuge in her light.
Reasons shackles bind you not: quench, at times, your thirst with follys pearls.
Revel and drink and frolic in life, for Hades holds no circus for the fallen!
Vive Memor Mortis Acta Est Fabula!
- Miraculous Malfunction: Was created from a paradox of third heavens time travel through errors in causality.
- Our Giants Are Bigger: Can summon a Kamunagra, a giant being representing the Law of the God. His Kamunagra appears as a snake, representing his complete control over the "beginning and the end".
- Paradox Person: One can say that he died and was born simultaneously due to Satanel's machinations. As a result of alternate universe and timeline shenanigans he is quite the abnormality when it comes to the Gods. He is just a being full of contradictions.
- Power Level: Has a Taikyoku Value of 90, making him equal with Reinhard and Marie.
- Save Scumming: His Law, "Vive Memor Mortis - Acta Est Fabula"note , born from the wish: "To experience the unknown, dying in the arms of Marie. Absolutely any other end than that, is unacceptable". It returns Time to his very beginning, every time Mercurius is on the brink of death and is not satisfied with the end. Allowing him to rewrite the timeline every time, albeit the butterfly effect that his changes produce is out of his control. This is how he's able to hit the Reset Button against Hajun in the outcome that leads to Rea's route in Dies Irae, though his gambit fails in the outcome leading to Kajiri Kamui Kagura.
- Shout-Out: The name of his Law is a reference to the final words of the Roman emperor Augustus.
- Spanner in the Works: His contradictory nature and cravings just threw all kinds of divine plans into disarray, creating multiple timelines and universes by complete accident and putting Mithra's plans for fighting Naraka through a loop.
- Star Power: Several of his attacks are throwing thousands of stars at his opponents.
- Time Abyss: Even by Shinza God standards, he is absurdly old due to the constantly repeating timelines during his rule.
- Timey-Wimey Ball: Because of his Law and general Existence, his entire era can be described as one.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: His attacks are summarized with throwing thousands of stars on his opponents, causing world-destroying paradoxes and crushing entire universes into a singularity.
Reinhard Tristan Eugen Heydrich
The Apoptosis of Mercurius, who ascended as Hegemony God together with Ren. He became one of the three guardians of the Fifth Heaven, Tasogare aka Marie, when he was defeated by Ren in her route in Dies Irae. It's revealed in its sequel Kajiri Kamui Kagura he died along with Mercurius when Marie was killed by Hajun, ending her Law.
His followers are comprised of members from the Longinus Dreizehn Orden.
For info on him during Dies Irae, see here.
- All-Loving Hero: Loves everything in existence. Albeit his definition of "love" is a bit twisted, for him to be synonymous of destruction.
- Abstract Apotheosis: On top of being the personification of his Law as with the other Gods, he is also the Apoptosis of Mercurius, the embodiment of his wish for death.
- Always Accurate Attack: His Spear, Longinuslanze Testament, never misses his target.
- Blue-and-Orange Morality: To him, love is destruction.
- Forever War: His Law enforces this, causing everything to constantly cause destruction but always being repaired from the damage.
- Magical Incantation: Has one for his Law:Day of wrath and doom Impending,
David's words with Sibyl's blending, Heaven and Earth in ashes ending.
Oh what fear man's bosom rendeth, when from heaven the Judge descendeth,
on whose sentence all dependeth.
Wondrous sound the trumpet flingeth, through earth's sepulchers it ringeth,
All before the Throne in bringeth.
From the dust of earth returning: man for judgement must prepare him.
Spare O God, in mercy spare him.
Lord all-pitying, Jesus blest, Grant them thine eternal rest. Amen
Du-sollst - Dies irae!
- Power Level: Has a Taikyoku Value of 90, making him equal with Mercurius and Marie.
- Only the Chosen May Wield: His weapon, the Lance of Longinus, can only be wielded by him, as it only works for the most charismatic being in the world.
- Our Giants Are Bigger: Can summon a Kamunagra, a giant being representing the Law of the God. His Kamunagra takes the form of a giant golden beast, representing his role as ruler and destroyer.
- Shout-Out: The name of his Law is a reference towards the Latin Hymn Dies Irae, which describes the day of judgment from the bible.
- Super Empowering: Just like Ren, he has also a Legion. But while his Legion has more Soldiers, they are weaker than Ren's few Legion Gods.
- Unblockable Attack: His Holy Relic, besides being an 'Always Accurate Attack' it always destroys the target.
Fifth Holder of the Throne. Marie was the love interest of Ren Fujii (later known as Yato in Kajiri Kamui Kagura) and was able to unite the other Hegemony Gods under her rule, with her Law allowing them to coexist. However, thousands of years later, an insane monk who would be known as Hajun proceeded to kill her, effectively ending her Law and taking over during the events of Kajiri Kamui Kagura.
Her followers are the various reincarnations of the Longinus Dreizehn Orden members.
For info on her during Dies Irae, see here.
- All-Loving Heroine: As seen in her quote, she loves all of humanity and her influence allowed them to find happiness, even in the afterlife.
- Cursed With Awesome: Has the curse of the Guillotine which kills anything that touches her. The only two capable to withstand it are Ren, who is immune to the curse and Hajun, who is too strong to be affected.
- God of Good: Her Law enables everyone to attain their happiness.
- Gone Horribly Right: Her Law enabled everyone to get their wishes granted, including an Omnicidal Maniac.
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: Her Law, created from the desire "I want to love and embrace all". Through her Law, Hegemony Gods are able to coexist, rather than battle each other forever. It also has the effect of causing people to reincarnate, so even if they havent found happiness in life, they can find it in the next one.
- Magical Incantation: Has one for activating her Law:Touching with my hands will behead anyone. Thus, I can neither love nor be loved.
Oh, just how sinful I must be, to be deserving of such punishment.
That is why I wish for it. The hope that lies at the end of the afterlife.
Because, it must be the light that shines upon everyone far and wide.
Let us watch over the birth of every new life for all EternityBecause I will hold everyone in my embrace.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Her Law, which embraces all creation and grants everyone's wish was the reason Hajun became such a threat, since his wish was to be alone taken Up to Eleven.
- Power Level: Has a Taikyoku Value of 90, making her equal with Reinhard and Mercurius.
- Reincarnation: Her Law enables this, allowing any being to reach happiness in his next life if he has not attained it.
- What Could Possibly Go Wrong?: Created a world where everyone gets their wishes granted, even beings with malicious intents like Hajun.
An artificial lifeform created by Mercurius to facilitate the growth of Marie as a God. Ren was the love interest of Marie and after defeating Reinhard in her route he became one of her guardians until Marie was killed by Hajun. During the latter's reign, he survived as Tenma Yato, opposing his emanation for 8000 years until the Eastern Expedition killed him as a part of his plan to defeat Hajun.
His followers are comprised of the Yatsukahagi and the Eastern Expedition.
- Always Someone Better: The second strongest God to have ever existed, right after Hajun and possibly Muzan.
- Alternate Self: During the Sixth Heaven's rule, he was the leader of the demonic Yatsukahagi, known as Tenma Yato.
- Magical Incantation: Has one for activating his Law:Vast is the sea, its waves reaching horizons far and wide;
eternal is the radiance of its azure womb.
And so let us ride this moment and dash forth, swift as light, quick as a star eternal.
Hear my plea, and grant this one wish:
the world longs for an era of peace; days that know not strife.
In a world where only peace is lord, and men join hands in liberty
Allow me to sing but this,
Halt, O time, for thou art fair beyond measure.
I wish upon your unending star guide me to heights unknown!
Res Novae - Also Sprach Zarathustra
- Power Level: Has a Taikyoku Value of 100, making him vastly stronger than Mercurius, Reinhard and Marie and almost any other God to have ever existed. He still falls behind Hajun and Muzan.
- Quality over Quantity: He is the second strongest God to have ever existed but has only eight souls in comparison to other gods in the past who had all at least thousands of souls.
- Time Stands Still: His main Power "Res Novae - Also Sprach Zarathustra", the manifestation of Rens Law, I want to enjoy this moment forever known as "The Eternal Lotus Moment". After activation, time, in all levels of existence, are completely frozen, even in areas where time in all its forms does not exist (such as the Throne). This puts a complete stop to everything in existence, whether it is a simple action, manipulation of reality, or so on except Ren should allow it.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has dark blue hair.
His followers are the cultists Sansara Vartin, led by Sahasrara and Suvaha.
- Almighty Idiot: As a Hegemony God, he is virtually omniscient, but because of being extremely self-centered, he can't perceive anyone but him. That's the sole reason the Tenma are still alive.
- All Your Powers Combined: Can use the Laws of all previous Hegemony Gods via the Thrones archive. Albeit his copies are weaker than the originals as they conflict with his Law.
- Black Eyes of Crazy: All three of his eyes are pitch black.
- Destroyer Deity: A Hegemony God which Law constantly seeks to destroy everything that isn't him. And the scary bit is that this was by design. According to Kouha, the cultists behind his creation intended to not only end Marie's era, but to destroy the very Throne system itself.
- The End of the World as We Know It: Should Tenma Yato ever stop resisting his Law he will destroy everything which is not him. The moment Yato and his Legion died, he completed his Law over the world causing this. All living beings, regardless of their scale and family relation, began to kill each other. From human, to animals and even insects. A world filled with slaughter and exclusion. Furthermore, since soul itself cant exist in Tengu Dou, death is absolutely irreversible, without chance of reincarnation. Because of omnipresent wilderness new life cant be produced and the progress of civilization is stopped, with universe itself shrinking down, it reduced the very possibility that new souls can be born. It was described as World that would put itself to shame, filled with billions of Śṛgālas (terminals of Hajuns power, AKA mooks) and tens of thousands of pseudo-Gudou Gods massacring creation and themselves.
- Enigmatic Empowering Entity: He of all people is this towards the Eastern Expedition, as he likes "trash that cleans other trash". He also has one for himself, in the form of his Tumor, causing his already high power to constantly grow stronger.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: He was originally just a random child before the cult found him. And even after he became a god he was still a Gudou God living in his own secluded universe. His growing awareness of the Tumor changed all that though leading to his desire twisting into wanting to destroy everything so that he could be left alone.
- God of Evil: As seen in Kajiri Kamui Kagura, his reign almost erased all of humanity forever, while other gods kept humanity alive at the very least. Even the self-proclaimed "Ruler of all Evils" Muzan allowed a very twisted humanity to live under his rule.
- Hates Everyone Equally: He hates everything sans himself and therefore wants to erase everything.
- Hate Plague: The apocalypse he brings about involves inducing all living things to start killing each other.
- It's All About Me: His entire being revolves around him.
- Jerkass God: Wanting to erase anything which is not himself makes him one.
- Kill 'Em All: Manji Mandara - Muryou Taisuu: The manifestation of Hajuns Law, being of a mixture of both Gudou and Hegemony; "In spite of everything, I want to be alone", and "Everything else dies, leave only myself". While its function is simple when compared to the Laws of the other Hegemony Gods, it is by far the most deadly. If it were ever activated, all of existence would be annihilated aside from Hajun himself, allowing him to be left alone for all of eternity.
- Magical Incantation: Has one for activating his Law:Om
Abokya Beiroshano Makabodara Mani Handoma Jinbara Harabaritaya Un.
Naumaku Sanmanda Bodanan Abila Unken Sowaka!
Tenchi Genmyo, Shinbe Hen Tsurikiji:
Manji Mandala Muryou Taisuu!
- Mood-Swinger: Prone of swinging wildly between maddened non-stop rambling and a cold and frightening calm.
- Obliviously Evil: He just wants to be alone and wants to erase everything else in existence to make sure, not giving a damn about other people, as he is too self-absorbed to even care.
- Omnicidal Maniac: He wants to be forever alone and therefore tries to destroy the world for that.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Referred to by his divine name Hajun by literally every character, and the fanbase.
- Power Level: His Taikyoku value is scaled as infinity and constantly increasing. This is caused by the combination of his extremely strong ego, his very powerful soul and the presence of the Tumor, as it constantly bothers Hajun through his presence and therefore angering him and increasing his powers as Hajun is unable to locate the tumor.
- Readings Are Off the Scale: While other Hegemony Gods have a Taikyoku Value between 70 and 100, he has infinity and it is constantly rising due to his odd nature.
- Sir Swearsalot: He has not only one of the foulest mouths out of all the gods, he has perhaps one of the foulest in the entire series.
- The Sociopath: Counts as one as he is literally unable to see something other than himself.
- There's No Kill Like Overkill: His Metsujin Messo can kill a Hegemony God in a single blow.
- Third Eye: He posseses one, allowing to view the whole world at once. It is still useless for him as he is so self-centered that he almost failed to notice anything besides him.
- Two Siblings In One: Unbeknownst to even himself, he had a twin brother/sister that was fused to him in the womb becoming known as the Tumor. The Tumor is the source of the constant presence Hajun feels that just won't leave him alone as well as the source of his constantly rising power. Additionally, said brother/sister also constantly leeches power from their brother and feeds it to Habaki and his crew. In the end the Tumor is removed from Hajun allowing Habaki to defeat him and allowing for the Tumor to become the next God.
- Yin-Yang Bomb: An unique case, like Ren and Marie he is firstly a Gudou God before becoming a Hegemony God but unlike them he managed to retain his Gudou qualities and combining it with his own qualities.
The Tumor inside of Hajun and the source of Hajuns ever rising power. Being originally the twin brother of Hajun, he would attached himself to Hajun as "The Tumor", living as a separate entity apart of Hajun. After releasing the Tumor from Hajuns body and defeating him once and for all, Rindou and Habaki decided use him to spread their own law to fill vacancy of the Throne. Using the desire We dont want give birth to barren things, Sun that illuminates everything, born from union of Izanagi and Izanami, respecting diverse values of people and giving them choice in the afterlife. As of Pantheon, Amaterasu now appears as a young girl called Hirume, who Habaki and Rindou treat as their daughter.
- All Your Powers Combined: Can use the Throne archieve to use all Laws of the past Hegemony Gods as long they don't contradict her own Law (only law contradicting hers Hajun's Manji Mandara - Muryou Taisuu).
- Bratty Half-Pint: By far the youngest of all the Gods as was also the youngest upon ascension. And unfortunately she is what happens when you give the power of a multiversal god to an immature kid. Rindou is basically the only one who can keep her in line. Though fortunately she is mostly abusing her status and title rather than her powers.
- Cute Bruiser: Said to be a fighter, using kenpo-like martial arts.
- Enigmatic Empowering Entity: Continuously rises Hajuns Power by absorbing the power of the Throne.
- Gender Bender: He has turned into a she in Pantheon.
- Heaven: Using the combined Laws of the old Gods, Amaterasu created several afterlives, using the positive aspects of the Laws, where people would decide where to be sent after death, with Madara acting as jugdein difficult cases.
- Me's a Crowd: She is a being made up from Rindou and Habaki.
- Magical Incantation: Has the same one as Hajun for activating her own Law:Om
Abokya Beiroshano Makabodara Mani Handoma Jinbara Harabaritaya Un.
Naumaku Sanmanda Bodanan Abila Unken Sowaka!
Tenchi Genmyo, Shinbe Hen Tsurikiji:
Shoko Mandala - Yaoyorozu!
- Super Empowering: Her existence causes Hajuns power to continuously rise.
- Verbal Tic: Ends a lot of her sentences with "ja" (じゃ).
- World-Healing Wave: The manifestation of Amaterasu's law, born from the desire "to heal all creation" this ability grants the ability to heal all creation without fail. Even being strong enough to completely counter Hajun's law.