Knuckleheads is Canadian animated series based on a French-language humour website known as Tetes a claques.
The show was pretty much a variety comedy show, with each episode having a different plot, and a different set of characters each time. All of the characters used Synchro-Vox animation to animate their mouths and eyes.
Knuckleheads contains examples of:
- Art Evolution:
- Season 1 resembles more of the crude look of original Têtes à claques short episodes. In later seasons, the art style is improved by using CG as opposed to clay sculptures.
- Some episodes in both the English and French dubs have slightly different backgrounds and character models. Season 1 episodes that were translated into English were reanimated.
- Catchphrase: Uncle Ted's "Isn't that amazing?" and "Unbelievable!"
- Dub Name Change: Some characters have different names in the English dub. Others though retain their original French names.
- Uncle Tom becomes Uncle Ted.
- Monique and Lucien become Martha and Walter.
- Police officier Réjean becomes Ray.
- Gaëtan becomes Henry.
- Kids Are Cruel: One episode was set in a summer camp with a bunch of mean kids. They began the episode with a song making fun of the bus driver, and later in the episode, they ditched the camp to go look in an old mine for a prospector's gold nugget.
- One-Word Title: What else would you expect from a show called Knuckleheads?
- Trademark Favorite Food: In "Love Academy", Louise, one of the bachelorettes is usually with a bowl of cheese puffs and is constantly eating from it.
- Synchro-Vox: The show basically ran on this trope, with every character's face being animated in this manner.