open/close all folders
Sheriff William "Bill" Pardy
- Expy: Of Paul Linke's character Sheriff Bruce Smith of Motel Hell, due to their roles as brown-haired and seemingly meek and mild-mannered sheriffs who both happened to be protagonists of horror comedy B-movies and are both a naive Idiot Hero in a way.
- Oh, Crap!: When he finds an infected deer eating human corpses in the police station.
Mayor Jackson "Jack" McReady
- Large Ham: Gregg Henry is enjoying himself immensely. Jack is a very exuberant, melodramatic fellow. Well, he is a politician.
- Mayor Pain: Averted. While hes loud, abrasive, and extremely profane, he harasses Bill to get him to solve the case rather than cover it up.
- Mercy Kill: He begs Pardy to end his misery when a tumor forms on his neck, thus he shoots his brains out.
- Noble Bigot: He uses casually offensive and politically incorrect language, but he doesn't treat a 'lesbo' any differently.
- Trademark Favorite Food: The man really likes his Mr. Pibb. And when he realizes they didn't bring any with them, he flies off the handle. This is after Brenda dies and people start getting infected with the worms, by the way.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Al of his scenes contain a lot of swearing.
Grantham "Grant" Grant
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's a gruff man, but with some pleasantry to people and a deep sense of affection for his wife.
- Patient Zero: He's the first who gets inflected by the alien parasite and carries on its invasion plan.
- Too Dumb to Live: He decides to poke some weird looking animal that lets out a threatening clicking noise. Justified, as he was drunk at the moment and not in the right state of mind.
Played By: Tania Saulnier
- Big Sister I Nstinct: Even with approaching slugs she lingers to break down a locked door in a failed effort to help her sisters.
- Mental Fusion: When she inadvertently bites down on one of Grant's slugs while it's trying to worm inside her, she's given a glimpse of his past conquests and his plans for Earth.
- Ms. Exposition: Due to the Mental Fusion, she's the one who explains Grant's motivations.
- Nice Girl: her establishing character moment has her smacking a classmate she sees drawing an offensive, nude picture of Starla.
Walter "Wally" Whale
Played By: Don Thompson
Brendadetta "Brenda" Gutierrez
Played By: Brenda James
Played By: Jenna Fischer
- Girl Friday: The somewhat reliable sheriff's station secretary.
- Innocently Insensitive: She calls Bill telling him his mom is complaining about the plumbing (and blaming it on how much he used the toilet when he visited her) right as Bill is sitting next to Starla, trying to flirt.
- Pink Means Feminine: She has a pink sweater.
Played By: Jennifer Copping
- Bury Your Gays: She's a lesbian, and dies. To be fair, pretty much everyone but Bill, Starla and Kylie die and she's lasts longer than the other deputies.
- Vasquez Always Dies: She's not that feminine compared to Starla, (and is a lesbian). The trope is played straight and Margaret dies.
Played By: Haig Sutherland
- Clueless Deputy: He picks up potential evidence and suggests carrying a toy squid door to door to show people rather than try to make a sketch of Grant's new appearance.
Played By:' Tom Heaton
- STD Immunity: Averted, he comments that Grant' mutation makes him look like "something that fell off my dick in the war."
Played By: Ben Cotton
The Long One