A female character who provides a significant amount of Fanservice (generally for males), ranging from simple revealing of cleavage, midriff, shoulders or legs, to shots of her curves, hips or derriere (even when covered).
Her clothing is mainly there to accentuate her figure. Her wardrobe mainstays are bikinis/swimsuits, lingerie, fishnets, stockings, garters, Dangerously Short Skirts, equally short shorts, thigh high boots or stiletto pumps, and low-cut dresses and shirts. Alternatively, she might be covered from head to toe, thus showing no skin at all, but her costume will be tight and stretchy enough to show her bust and the outline of her hips. Bonus points if she's The Tease. In general, she will appear more often in merchandise aimed towards males to further attract males to the product, with vice versa being the case for Mr. Fanservice.
There are several types of Ms. Fanservice:
- A Fanservice Extra provides eye candy, but never appeared before the moment of such eye candy and never appears again. Compare Best Known for the Fanservice.
- An Innocent Fanservice Girl has no qualms about strutting her stuff in front of others; she doesn't see a problem in it and is often unaware that she may be causing trouble. This can range from flat-out nudity to posing in skimpy outfits when asked.
- A Reluctant Fanservice Girl prefers to dress modestly, but the universe conspires to subject her into providing fanservice anyway, which she takes issue with.
- A Shameless Fanservice Girl doesn't care if you're uncomfortable with her lack of clothes or penchant for skimpy outfits. She'll bare her figure anyway.
Either way, the camera seems to have the hots for her, and the viewing audience is expected to feel the same way. The real trick is to make it so that being eye candy doesn't make her a Flat Character. Besides, being "flat" usually doesn't fit this type of character.
Please note that there is no requirement to be single to fit into this trope. Many of these characters are married. For the Spear Counterpart, see Mr. Fanservice. If she also sleeps with most of the crew, she either Really Gets Around or is a Good Bad Girl. Subjected to multiple Double Standard tropes, especially if she gets a nice dose of Character Development or Hidden Depths aside from her hot looks, and yet the fandom refuses to see them.
- Anime & Manga
- Comic Books
- Fan Works
- Films Animation
- Films Live-Action
- Live-Action TV
- Myths & Religion
- Pro Wrestling
- Video Games
- Web Comics
- Western Animation
- All of the Mellon girls in WhizBang Pinball's Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons.
- Gem and Quorra from TRON: Legacy.
- Just about everyone in Bally's Playboy, except for Hugh Hefner and (probably) Granny.
- The Tube Dancers in Big Bang Bar, green-skinned space babes who dance while suspended in jars filled with bubbling liquid.
- The "Luci" Premium Edition of AC/DC is named after Horny Devil girl Luci and her two cohorts, who are prominently featured in the backglass and cabinet art. Even longtime AC/DC fans were left wondering what connection they have to the band.
- Anita and Bonita, the Bedlah Babes of Jinni Zeala
- Ruiner Pinball has "Drop Target" and "Da Bomb," the bomb-dropping Pin Up girls on the "Ruiner" table.
- Zaccaria's Farfalla is famous for the sexy, near-nude butterfly fairy on its backglass.
- The bunny girls of Slick Chick, a Spiritual Licensee of Playboy magazine.
- Truck Stop is all about the sexy service attendants.
- Princess Farah in Sinbad, a Bedlah Babe who hangs in the back and provides free eye candy.
- Flash Gordon has Dale Arden and Princess Aura, whose only purpose are to stand around in skimpy Chainmail Bikinis and Show Some Leg.
- The protagonists of Centigrade 37 are two nubile blonde women wearing body-hugging Space Clothes.
- Everyone in Future Spa flaunts their flawlessly sculpted bodies while wearing form-fitting clothing, skimpy swimwear, or nothing at all.
- Vanessa Kensington and Felicity Shagwell from Austin Powers
- Virtual YouTuber Kaguya Luna has a Cleavage Window as part of her attire, which reveals her to be quite busty. In fact, there was one video which involved her contemplating doing exercises to make her breasts larger.
- Yang Xiao Long, who the song "Red Like Roses" refers to as "Yellow beauty burns gold". Her primary outfit◊ shows off a bit more of her figure than the rest of the cast, with some exposed cleavage.
- Pyrrha Nikos◊. Her combat outfit features a miniskirt, corset, low neckline, and thigh-highs. She's also noticeably taller, curvier, and more athletic than most of the other girls at Beacon.
- Blake Belladonna, a girl who invokes many fans' cat girl fantasies. An attractive girl with an outfit that exposes her midriff, she often fights her battles and sustains numerous Clothing Damage.
- Invoking the trope Evil Is Sexy is The Dragon, Cinder Fall. She is a beautiful, curvaceous woman who waltzes around in a slinky red dress that shows off her legs and her shoulders, not to mention the attention bestowed upon her by the camera in this scene◊. It doesn't exactly hurt that she has a very sultry voice courtesy of real life Ms Fanservice Jessica Nigri.
- Post-Time Skip in Volume 4, Weiss falls into this. The camera makes sure to take a lot of lingering shots of her nice, long legs.
- Jinn is very curvaceous, with a classic hour-glass figure, and the chains draped around her waist are balanced against the curve of her hips. She wears jewelery on her body, such as braces, anklets, earrings and necklaces, but she is otherwise completely naked. When she first manifests, Qrow doesn't know where to put his eyes and tries to avoid staring at her.
- Parodied with Kurokawa from Senpai Club. She literally always has her panties showing and her breasts are prone to jiggling.
- The tenth episode of "Sci-Fi Guys" (from the creator of Retarded Animal Babies) had Spandy, who was remarkably beautiful wearing just pasties over her nipples. Literally her first appearance on screen is showing her massive breasts. It's later revealed that having sex with her creates a black hole.
- The Agony Booth: Sofie Liv, a lovely, fun-loving Danish girl who isn't above dressing like Wonder Woman every now and then...
- Lt. Lisa Foiles from The Angry Joe Show. She went on a rant and her uniform started falling apart. Not to say she's conceited or anything, but Lisa seems to be fully aware of the fact that she's... visually pleasing and isn't afraid to flaunt it. Just get a look at Episode 3 of her "Everyday Achievements" series or her video with Angry Joe from E3 where the caption underneath reads "Hot Chick". She displayed awareness of this fact in her top 5 best moments of Monkey Island, pointing out she wears tight clothing while wearing tight clothing. The comments section on the Escapist were really... happy about it.
- Jillian Zurawski, a.k.a. Mrs. Cinema Snob. Brad loves to show off her assets.
- Epic Meal Time:
- Epic Rap Battles of History have Eve (played by Jenna Marbles while wearing a two-piece made of leaves), Marilyn Monroe (wears her iconic Sexy Backless Outfit from The Seven Year Itch and even provides a Panty Shot in the end), Cleopatra (wears what essentially is a glamorous Belly Dancer outfit and moves like one to boot), Bess Houdini (a buxom woman wearing a leotard with Cleavage Window), and Chloe Gosselin (wears a very short transparent gown).
- While Codex and Tinkerballa of The Guild dress quite normally, their avatars... are another story.
- Tess Masazza of the Italian Webseries Insopportabilmente Donna is more than willing to show some skin in her videos. However, it is never gratuitous and full nude scenes are always avoided by a Modesty Bedsheet or pixelated.
- Sarah from lonelygirl15 is a relatively mild example, but it's blatant enough that fans have been known to nickname her after her breasts, or even jokingly treat them as a separate character.
- Miss Hannah Minx, who has enormous boobs that are on display in nearly all of her videos, except one where she lampshades her role as a Ms. Fanservice by wearing a T-shirt that said "My Face Is Up Here" with an arrow pointing to her face. Bonus points for having her breasts jiggle and bounce with every little movement. Don't believe me?◊
- While this isn't what she's like normally, The Nostalgia Chick had this role in That Jewish Guy's "Eight Myths About Hanukkah" video, where she looked incredibly dolled up. Now that's a Big-Lipped Alligator Moment nobody's complaining about. And let's not forget her outfit in Linking with Linkara.
- The React series has had many beautiful reactors through the years (even inspiring their own sub-Reddit, which for obvious reasons has a tough stance on comments), but the ones who occasionally turn up in revealing clothes (e.g shirts that are sleeveless, with plunging necklines, or/and just plainly tight) and are generally appealing/popular to the male (and even female) fanbase are/were Alix, Becca, Blair Fowler, Brittany, Jaykanote , the second female Jordan, Kaelyn, Lia, the older and original Madison, Marlhy, Mikaela, the third and oldest Morgan, Rachel, Riley, Sabrina D., Sophia, the older and original Sydney, Tori, and Justine Ezarik. A lot of the comments actually point those out.
- Screen Team has Angie Griffin, comedic partner and wife of Chad Nikolaus. She's certainly not shy about her assets, as a lot of their videos show her wearing some very low-cut costumes. Here's their page. Better clear you schedule.
- Taylor Amelia, a talented web comedienne whose videos nonetheless focus on her other incredible "talents".
- Samus, from There Will Be Brawl.
- Trisha Hershberger, originally a host for SourceFed then her own The Naked Truth, she became renowned for being a very attractive cosplayer and gamer.
- Mae Winchester does most of the shooting for firearms history channel C&Rsenal, and normally wears jeans, T-shirt and an overshirt. The T-shirt is sometimes rather low cut, and the shirt is not always buttoned all the way up.