The Characters in General
- Cute Monster Character: Parodied.
- Really 700 Years Old: Theyre young adults by paranormal standards, but theyre older than any human alive. Drac is 665, Scrap is 297, Phantom is 132, Jekyll/Hyde is 159, Griffin is 149, Medusa is 2268, the Headless Horseman is 345, Lawrence is 103, and Gill is 107.
Axel, The Headless Horseman
The King of Nightmaria and the Master of the castle.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Described as one.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": When he was first introduced, he was only known as the Headless Horseman. It wasn't until an update on the character list that his name was revealed.
- The Good King: While his rules are a bit chaotic, he does care for his subjects.
- Headless Horseman: Duh.
Valarie "Drac" Dracula
A countess who moved in after her castle was destroyed by an angry mob.
- Big Eater: As shown in this strip.
- Daywalking Vampire: Apparently vampires being harmed by sunlight only works in movies.
- Explosive Breeder: Said to have a LOT of vampire kids, many from different fathers.
- Expy: Design-wise, at least, she has some striking similarities to Black Hat.
- Gamer Chick: Sometimes shown playing what looks like a Nintendo DS or something similar.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Blood, of course!
VF- 01 "Scrap" Frankenstein
The castle maid.
- Frankenstein's Monster: Although they're not as humanoid as other examples.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: Apparently, they're made of too many animals for Silverpen to list.
- No Biological Sex
- Only Sane Man
- Perpetual Frowner: Doesn't smile that often.
- Skunk Stripe: Has two white streaks on their hair, inspired by the Bride of Frankenstein.
- Surrounded by Idiots: Seems to be their mindset.
Erika "Phantom" Aria
The bodyguard and musician.
- Butter Face: The rest of her body is slender and attractive, while her face looks pretty ghastly. Being The Phantom of the Opera, this was kind expected.
- Genki Girl
- Our Ghosts Are Different: Looks pretty normal aside from her face.
- Womanchild: Said to be immature and, when she says she slept like a baby last night, it's proven to be literal.
Dr. Henry/Helen Jekyll and Edward/Elaine Hyde
The castle's scientist and medic.
- Big Eater: Hyde.
- Hidden Eyes: As Hyde.
- Hulking Out: Aside from drinking caffeine or feeling mischievous, it's said Jekyll also becomes Hyde when angry.
- Jekyll & Hyde: Yep.
- Nice Guy: Jekyll, though there are said to be times they're a bit self-centered.
- Our Demons Are Different: They're a demon in this series.
- Was Once a Man: Jekyll used to be a human before the potion turned them into an immortal demon.
The warden of the castle's dungeons.
The royal adviser.
The castle gardener.
The royal chef.
The castle's neighbor.
The Monsters of Gorey Graveyard
26 monsters that live in the graveyard next to the castle. All of them are based on "A Gorey Demise" by Creature Feature. They mostly appear in time cards in comics after their introduction.
- Buried Alive: How Eric was killed.
- Eyes Do Not Belong There: Frank, who was stabbed through the eye, becomes some sort of creature who has eyes all over him.
- Gender Flip: Willow was known as Will in the original song.
- Irony: A majority of them have become something that resembles what killed them. For example: Johnny, who was bitten by snakes, resurrected into a Snake Person, and Olive, who took drugs, (or in the song's words, "Lived life too fast") became a monster made of crystal meth.
- Massive Numbered Siblings: They're said to all be siblings. And there's 26 of them.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: Zack looks like a deranged amalgamation of a couple different animals, to reflect his insanity.
- Petting Zoo People: Eric, Johnny, Nicki, Reyna, Urich, Willow, and Yessie resemble an anthropomorphic worm, snake, spider, raccoon, horse, deer, and bird respectively.
- Snowlems: Tori resurrected into this, having froze in the snow.
- Undead Child: Greg is technically one, (though he's also an embryo-preserving robot) as he died in the womb.
- Was Once a Man: They all used to be human before they died.