This page contains tropes directly related to characters. For the main Trope page for Digimon Legend, go here.
Tyson James KetterI'm not the brains of this operationI just punch stuff."
- Big Brother Instinct: To Hewy
- Curtains Match the Window
- Flipping the Bird: Tyson did this to taunt an enemy.Hewy: That was really rude! Maia would be pretty mad if she saw you flipping off digimon!
- Goggles Do Nothing: Subverted, Tyson uses them to help see during a sandstorm.
- Idiot Hero
- I Was Saved By A Girl: It really annoys him that this has happened more than once.
- Playing with Fire: Tyson uses the fire element.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Red to Jett's Blue.
- Rousing Speech: Tyson lives by these. He's naturally good at speaking, it's part of what makes him the leader.
- The Determinator: So much so, Tyson's crest is Determination.
Jett Oliver GraniteI plan to protect our friends, no matter what it takes."
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Allie.
- Cute Kitten: Jett's mom gives him a pet kitten. Jett's annoyed that it takes away from his cool persona.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Doesn't Like Guns: Jett is deathly afraid of guns.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: Jett's response when he interprets Allie's kiss as an act of pitying him. He doesn't respond very well.
- Good Is Not Nice
- Jerkass: After a bit of development, he is becoming a little better.
- Oblivious to Love: Almost cruelly.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Blue to Tyson's Red.
- Shock and Awe: Electricity/Lightning is the element Jett controls.
- Supreme Chef: Jett doesn't want anyone to know, and doesn't do it often, but he can cook really well. It helps that his father is a professional cook.
Maia Leigh JacksonYour telling me I'm just supposed to sit here during every battle and hope everything turns out okay? That's a big load of bull!"
- Action Girl: Takes a while, but Maia grows into this.
- Dope Slap: Maia does this to Tyson.
- Healing Hands: Maia uses water to heal injuries.
- Making a Splash: Maia uses this element. It allows her to breath underwater, and spray people. She gets stronger.
- Lethal Chef: Maia's a terrible cook.
- Mama Bear: Don't ever threaten Hewy.
- Team Mom: Maia eases into this as the story progresses.
- The Medic: Maia's stuck as this for a good while.
- Combat Medic: Maia develops into one of these.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Girly girl to Allie's tomboy.
- Twice Shy: With Brian.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: With Brian.
Hewy Daniel JacksonLet's go, Falcmon! This is our moment! Let's show everyone what we can do!
- Blow You Away: Hewy uses the element of wind.
- Clap Your Hands If You Believe: Hewy's Crest is Belief.
- Constantly Curious
- Embarrassing First Name: Hewbert; Much to his annoyance, his grandma always calling him this.
- Just a Kid: Played with. Hewy knows he's just a kid, and a lot of times, that people won't listen to him. They don't. It's also played straight in that a lot of people also underestimate him.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: Hewy believes firmly there's good in everyone.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: For being 10, Hewy can be incredibly mature.
Brian Andrew BarkerMy friends and I are the only ones that can do this... and we will do everything we can to stop them... Please, put your faith in all of us.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Brian can't admit his feelings for Maia.
- Dishing Out Dirt
- Green Thumb
- Nice Guy
- Team Dad: Brian makes it a point to look out for everyone in their group.
- The Confidant: Brian has acted as this to Allie. It's also implied Jett sees him this way too.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: With Maia.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: For being only 16, Brian is incredibly mature.
- Twice Shy: With Maia.
Allison Cary DurgenYou can take your duty and shove it up your ass, Tyson!
- Action Girl
- Barrier Warrior: Her shield is probably her most useful ability.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Jett.
- Combat Pragmatist: Allie will normally fight fair, but she is not afraid to resort to low blows, egging on, or even blinding them, if the situation is dire.
- Cool Big Sis: At least Hewy thinks so.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Fiery Redhead
- Light The Way: Not the typical, healing kind.
- Missing Mom
- Screw Destiny: Allie tries very hard to achieve this.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Allie is the Tomboy to Maia's girly girl.
- Tomboyish Baseball Cap: Allie's yellow baseball cap.
- The Matchmaker: Along with Misumon. She urges Maia and Brian to get together.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Allie is afraid dragons or dinosaurs. Usually just the big ones.
Vallek MacyOh, determined, aren't we? It doesn't matter though, you won't last long...
- Casting a Shadow
- Berserk Button: When his plans go sour.
- Manipulative Bastard: Vallek delivers several harsh words to the group. They succeed, often, in angering them.
- [[spoiler: The Plan: He kidnaps the kids, save Allie and Hewy, and demands Allie come to give herself.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: They shift between red and golden-yellow, though it's not known exactly why.
- Smug Snake
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
- Shock Collar
- Would Hit a Girl: He never holds back in his fights, especially with Allie. This isn't because he's evil, it's because he isn't stupid enough to hold back on anyone, male or female.
DragomonI'd say it's about time to end this, don't you?//
- Baby II (In-Training): Dimon
- Child (Rookie): Dragomon
- Adult (Champion): Drakemon
- Perfect (Ultimate): MagnaDrakemon
- Big Eater
- Dinosaurs Are Dragons: Subverted; Tyson even corrects someone who calls Dragomon a 'dinosaur'Oscar Sullivan: That bird and the dinosaur... They're on our side?Tyson: Drakemon's a dragon, not a dinosaur.
- Playing with Fire
WeimonHow dare you attack my partner?
- Baby II (In-Training): Pumon
- Child (Rookie): Weimon
- Adult (Champion): Wolfemon
- Perfect (Ultimate): NeoWolfemon
- BFG: NeoWolfemon wields a arm-cannon.
- The Stoic: He doesn't speak much, and rarely does he show emotion.
MisumonYour resources aren't going to save you from me!
- Baby II (In-Training): Tsumon
- Child (Rookie): Misumon
- Adult (Champion): Krissmon
- Perfect (Ultimate): Crystallimon
- Cool Big Sis: Misumon is this. She tries to urge Maia to be more like this.
- Bishōnen Line: Misumon goes from beaver, to big beaver, to cute, flirtatious water-fairy.
- Deadpan Snarker: The snarkiest.
- The Slacker
- Making a Splash
- An Ice Person: As Crystallimon, she gains this element as well.
ElsumonI know Hewy and the others will be arriving with reinforcements soon. I believe in that boy...don't let your faith waver either, Neo Wolfemon. We cannot give in!//
- Baby II (In-Training): Chimon
- Child (Rookie): Elsumon
- Adult (Champion): Falcmon
- Perfect (Ultimate): Gamayamon
- Berserk Button: Never damage his feathers.Gamayamon: You honestly think I will allow you to escape after what you have done?!
FinnmonI know a death-trap when I see one. Only an idiot would go down into a creepy, dark, abandoned cellar.//
- Baby II (In-Training): Fimon
- Child (Rookie): Finnmon
- Adult (Champion): Najimon
- Perfect (Ultimate): Shallekmon
- Deadpan Snarker
- Dishing Out Dirt
- Green Thumb: Gets this as Shallekmon, in addition to his Earth element.
- Turtle Power: As Shallekmon.
BearmonThere aren't enough fish in all the ocean to make me sick of them!Bearmon is the only, official digimon in the main cast. His later evolution levels are fanmade however.
- Baby II (In-Training): Chibi-Kumamon
- Child (Rookie): Bearmon
- Adult (Champion): Grizzmon
- Perfect (Ultimate): WereGrizzmon
- Bear Hug: In a very literal, and painful sense.
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Children Are Innocent: Bearmon is said to be about the age of a child, and he acts like one too.
- Sarcasm-BlindBearmon: Allie, what do you mean? It sounds really uncomfortable.
- Superpowered Evil Side: Bearmon lapses into this at times when it seems there's no other option. He's incredibly reckless, and feral, and often leads him to attack the wrong side.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Bearmon loves fish.
Terry WilliamsHelp cause a riot? Why it's only my biggest dream in the world.
- Batter Up!: Terry uses a baseball bat to try and fight digimon.
- Muggle Best Friend: With Tyson.
- Those Two Guys: With Lacie.
- Agent Mulder: And he loves every minute of it.
- Geek: Major Gamer guy.
- L33t L1ng0: Almost always incorporates this into his everyday speech.
- Wrong Genre Savvy
Inez "Grandma" Allen
- Badass Normal: She's 60-something, and out there fighting digimon with a shotgun.
- Never Mess with Granny
- Shotguns Are Just Better: She uses one.Maia:She is the only one that scratches her name in the side of every bullet she fires.