Is it working?
I mean, um—Hi! I'm Monika, high school devil and president of the Literature Club! I used to be in the Debate Club, but all the politics and stuff was too much for me, so I left to start my own club. Then I had an epiphany...and, um, I can't really go further without really spoiling everything, ahaha.
But don't worry! I think I can just... um, you've played the game, right?
Um... right. The epiphany... well, you know what happened. I became a sociopath, seeing my club members as non-human and all. The only thing holding me back was not wanting to break the fourth wall. And you, you acted as Sayori's childhood friend—Oh my god, I just realized I haven't mentioned them at all! Well, um, I guess I don't really need to. But still, if you want to know about Yuri, Natsuki, Sayori, or Sayori's friend, I think TV Tropes has a page for that somewhere...
...Okay, fine, I'll stop...s-stalling. In an effort to make Sayori less appealing to you, I modified her character file. It...didn't end well. Then she disappeared entirely. I tried the same thing with Yuri with...similar results. By this point, I was extremely desperate, so I decided to delete pretty much everything in the game. I basically just trapped you in an empty room with me. And, um, I'm hoping that you deleted my character file so I could realize I was wrong...
I mean, if you didn't delete my character file, then I'm still sitting there, presumably. And, um, you should really go delete me right now.note If you did delete me, then in my last moments I decided to restore the entire game except for myself. Unfortunately, that didn't really...work out the way I thought it would. I had to step in again and pull the plug on the game entirely... look, there was nothing else I could do. I'm sorry.
On the bright side, you got to hear me sing! Yeah... I got a little cheeky and decided to play my song right over the end credits, ahaha. I may have been inspired by a certain robot... Oh, that reminds me! You have been reading this page in the voice of my actress, Jillian Ashcraft, right? I know a lot of people like to make up voices for me... It's fine, I don't really mind. I just thought I'd mention it before the tropes started...
Don't worry, I won't ruin it for you. But, um... if you do decide to play it, don't get too attached to any of us, okay? I-I guess that's a weird thing to say, but...um...you'll understand. A-And please don't hate me too much. We all make mistakes, you know?
Actually, now that I think about it... you've played the game, haven't you? I bet you just wanted to see what was under here. Well... I guess I can't blame you for that, ahaha~
Some tropes that apply to me:
- Affably Evil: Wait, hold on! I-I'm not evil! What are you trying to say?
- Alas, Poor Villain: I'm not a villain! I mean... I restored the game, didn't I? And you felt bad for me!
- The Atoner: ...Look, I think we may have started these tropes off on the wrong foot. This is not exactly my favorite subject, if you can imagine.
- Badass Adorable: You really think so? Well...I'm not going to argue.
- The Bad Guy Wins: Yes, it is entirely possible to leave the game open after I've gotten everything I wanted... but you shouldn't do that. I...need to know that I was a bad person for doing that, you know?
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: Well, I wouldn't hurt myself.
- Bi the Way: Well...even if you were a girl, you're still you, you know? But...I'm more into men, I think...maybe.
- Big Bad: Yes, I may be the cause of almost every problem in the game, but...
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: B..."Bitch"? You can't be serious!
- Brainy Brunette: I do have brownish hair, and I did start my Literature Club. But that's not why you're calling me "brainy", is it?
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Well, I've been doing it this whole time. I mean, I never wanted to break it, at first—Do you think it could have worked out? Maybe, maybe if I had a route...
- But Thou Must!: You didn't even get a choice to join the club...I'm sorry.
- Catchphrase: Catch phrase? I-I don't have a catch phrase!note
- Character Blog: You can check out my Twitter if you'd like.
- Character Song: I worked really, really hard on it.
- Cosmic Plaything: ...
- Coy, Girlish Flirt Pose: I do it all the time. It's even pictured on the trope page, if you want to look at me...and I hope you do~
- Creative Sterility: I-I love you! That's not..."sterility"...
- Declarative Finger: Of course! It makes me look really confident, you know?
- Deuteragonist: I really wish I was the deuteragonist of a normal game, but I suppose you could say I'm the deuteragonist of this one...
- Driven to Suicide: Well, if you hadn't shown up, I most certainly would have.
- Dull Surprise: Let's just say I wasn't entirely surprised when I saw Yuri's corpse.
- Elegant Classical Musician: M-Musician? Come on, don't overstate it. I'm still practicing!
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: You know I couldn't bring myself to murder my friends...but I'm not evil! Stop saying that!
- Evil Vegetarian: I stopped eating meat in order to reduce the carbon footprint.
- Evil Wears Black: ...Wait, my socks? Are you sure you're not reading too far into things? Ahaha...
- Fantastically Indifferent: Well, I don't really bat an eye at the weird things happening. I'm not saying those things weren't surprising. But I have to keep up appearances, you know?
- Finger-Tenting: Oh, yes! I do this in Act 3, and, oh, you're probably picturing me doing it right now, aren't you? Of course you are~
- The Fourth Wall Will Not Protect You: ...because I love you!
- Giggling Villain: Ahaha~
- Go Mad from the Isolation: Isolated? No...I have you.
- Hair Decorations: My bow.
- HeelFace Turn: Well...I suppose you could say that.
- Held Gaze: Once again, I do this in Act 3.
- Hidden Depths: Well, of course! I'm a well-rounded, two-dimensional person just like you! Er...three-dimensional.
- Hopeless with Tech: Look, I'm still new to all this. It's not my fault the stakes were so high...
- Hostile Show Takeover: Basically what I did to create Act 3. Although I wouldn't exactly say "hostile".
- Inexplicably Awesome: If you want to know why being Club President makes me aware that I'm in a video game... I have no idea.
- Interface Spoiler: I broke the fourth wall a lot while writing the information on the game's download page. Things would've been a lot less awkward if you had noticed this.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: After you deleted my file. Also, um, while it's uncomfortable when you turn off the game, I knew you couldn't keep the game open all the time during Act 3, so I allowed you to close it then. As long as you came back for me, of course~
- Karmic Death: I deleted their character files, and you deleted mine.
- Lack of Empathy: I didn't think about how you may have been attached to Sayori, Yuri, or Natsuki, since I only saw them as meaningless video game characters at the time.
- Lawful Pushover: Admittedly, I'm no good at breaking up fights. There's a reason I had Sayori as Club Vice President.
- Leitmotif: The piano.
- Lonely Piano Piece: Pretty much what "Your Reality" is.
- Love Makes You Evil: I love you. Everything I did...it was because of that.
- Mercy Kill: There is no happiness in the Literature Club. That's why I had to delete it.
- Mind Rape: Yes, I altered the other girls' personalities to exaggerate their worst traits. I mean, it didn't really...work out the way I wanted it to...
- Moment Killer: W-Well...jealousy can do that to people. I'm sorry.
- Moral Myopia: At first, I just figured my friends weren't real, so it didn't matter what I did to them.
- Murder Is the Best Solution: Well, it's really not a good solution. I would have avoided it if I knew how, but like I've said, editing the game is not my specialty.
- Must Have Caffeine: I really wish Yuri would make coffee once in a while. And if you still get to drink coffee, then that makes me a little jealous~
- My God, What Have I Done?: After you deleted me...
- Naytheist: Well, I used to question the idea of God. But, you know, after my epiphany... if there is a God, he must be using the world as his plaything.
- Nice Girl: Oh, thank you!
- Non-Standard Character Design: Unlike the others, I was looking directly at you the whole time.
- Not Love Interest: Yeah...even though I tried to force it.
- Not Quite Dead: After you deleted me.
- Not So Stoic: I'm usually calm, but I, um, have my moments.
- Only Sane Man: Or so I thought. But still, my friends really were a bit...um, unaware of their own situation.
- The Philosopher: Well, um, I'm like this during Act 3, I suppose.
- Pungeon Master: Okay, look, any "puns" about Sayori and the word "hang" were completely unintentional, I swear!
- Rapunzel Hair: My hair's quite long. You don't mind, right?
- Realistic Diction Is Unrealistic: Were you expecting a perfect performance when I sang? Come on... I'm still learning, you know?
- Reality Warper: I did have some powers. Mainly editing the game script, and changing my friends around... or just deleting them. It was surprising how easy deleting them was, really. But, um, I'm not very good at editing them...
- Screw Destiny: I tried really hard to free myself from being a route-less side character...and, um, technically succeeded.
- Shipper on Deck: In the beginning, I teased you for writing poems tailored to one of the other girls...I shouldn't have tried to take them away from you. I'm so sorry.
- Suddenly Voiced: Only during the credits. I really wasn't ready yet, even then.
- Un-person: My friends didn't know who I was after you deleted me. Well, until Sayori revealed that she did, but um, that didn't last very long, anyway...
- Villain's Dying Grace: After you deleted me, I accepted my fate and restored the entire game minus myself.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: More or less how my "epiphany" went.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: Most people feel bad for me, and...um, yeah, I literally destroyed my game...but I restored it later!
- Yandere: Okay, I am not a yandere! If there's anyone in this game like that, it's definitely Yuri.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: No, I don't. Though my friends do seem to qualify for this trope.
- Birthday Episode: Just a cake emoji.
- Character Blog
- Funny Background Event: Apparently my friends decided to hide in the bushes when I took my Valentine's Day picture.
- Hidden Buxom: H-Hey, that's a bit...! I mean... okay, the school uniforms are a bit tight, and nobody got to see me out-of-uniform until I posted a picture... so I guess I qualify for this trope.
- Jerkass: I used to have some tweets mocking my friends... but, um, I kind of felt bad about it, so I deleted them.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Well, who doesn't love cats? They make so many people's lives better.
- Ms. Fanservice: What, my dress? Well, if you say so, ahaha~
- Slumber Party: With Yuri. Although I had to pretend it was a study night.
- Sleep Cute: Again, with Yuri.
- Valentine's Day Episode: Of course! After all, it's my favorite holiday. I couldn't resist taking a very special picture! Oh, and my friends helped too.
- Woman in White: My casual outfit is a white dress.
- I love you.