Description of the work's genre, release date, and production staff.
Brief synopsis of the plot that isn't brief enough, as it gets to the point where spoilers are necessary even though they are not allowed in work descriptions.
List of all the main characters, which is probably redundant given the existence of a characters subpage.
Compare some similar works. Not to be confused with parody trope page making essentially the same joke.
A mention of the subpages for this work, even though you could find them by just scrolling up.
Request to take your personal complaints to the Dethroning Moment of Suck page.
Request to add episode-specific tropes to the Recap page.
Warning that there is a high chance of unmarked spoilers below (however, spoilers are nearly all tagged anyway).
Work Name' contains the following tropes:
- Trope: Explanation
- Trope - Explanation
- Trope (Explanation)
- Trope Explanation
- Trope [Explanation]
- Trope; Explanation
- Trope :;-
- Character-specific trope that belongs on the character page.
- Trope C: See Trope D down below.
- Trope with a link to a YMMV page that should be removed.
- Trope A / Trope B: These two should be split into different bullet points but aren't.
- Subtrope: Badly-indented to show that it's related to the above.
- Trope that's not alphabetized correctly.
- Trope D: See Trope C up above.
- "Clever" renaming: Trope that uses potholes to change the name to be more accurate to the specific example, even though that's not allowed. Possibly tries to make the trope name so accurate it (almost) becomes a substitute for a proper description.
- Big Bad: The antagonist's name. No further context is necessary. Name of real antagonist, also with no context- use of few words makes it clear that supposed antagonist is a Disc-One Final Boss.
- Title Tropes with no narrative value or purpose.
- A bunch of tropes from whatever the Signature Scene or episode is.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: A completely innocent joke with no intentional adult meaning. But This Troper has their mind in the gutter and is trying to find things to shoehorn to make the work look mature.
- Some indexes and disambiguation pages misused as tropes.
- Badly-indented list
- Of every trope
- In the index
- That also happens in the work.
- Trope: Happens in one episode. The example doesn't tell you which episode, so you have to Archive Trawl to figure out which one. Should probably be put in the Recap page instead (if only you knew which episode to put it under).
- Badly-indented Five-Man Band example that probably doesn't fit and has way too many members:
- The Leader
- The Lancer/The Smart Guy: Both are the same character, but it still counts, right?
- The Big Guy
- The Chick
- Sixth Ranger / Sixth Ranger Traitor (Which is totally not a Self-Fulfilling Spoiler, since it's not like this was the most likely spoiler to be associated with this trope)
- Team Pet
- Tagalong Kid
- Team Mom
- Sixth Ranger again for some reason
- Hate Sink example that was added without consulting the trope thread. Doesn't really fit, and was just added to complain about the character.
- A trope from the "most recent" installment of the work.
- Declaration that the trope is actually averted due to new information from a recent episode.